The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

OK, new subject. Some of us while out at Skillet's yesterday were taking about the Geowoodstock event.

So who's going from San Diego and how are you getting there? And plans for caravans, carpools, etc?

I'm driving because I like having my truck, crusing down the freeway with Sirius cranked as loud as I can stand it. My wife won't be with me so I can have it as loud as I want. :)

I'll probably be leaving Thursday night (on Canadian Grls advice) and going half way up, spending the night in some cheap, sleezy hotel then finishing up the drive the next day - getting there in time for the Friday night meet and greet.

It's still 60 days away but that will go by quickly.

:anibad: John and I will be there. I'm meeting John in Reno Friday so we'll be there for the Friday night thing and leaving Monday. We would love to meet up with some of our San Diego Family! John has cached in the area a bunch so he kinda knows his way around. Jerry I know you will be really busy but there are some great bike trails there.

zeber and I are flying up to San Jose on Friday morning, meeting The Fat Cats there and then we're driving to the Sacramento area. We're all staying at the Orchard Suites in Roseville. I think Team Adelos and finkbr are too. zeber and I are flying back on Monday.

We were thinking it might be fun to get the SD cachers together for caching and/or socialiizing.

Ok, it's official. I'm staying in Buttonwillow on Thursday...lovely town, I'm sure. I guess it can't be too bad, there's some caches nearby.

From there I'm heading up to GW6 and staying at the Heritage Inn. They had pretty decent rates and the reviews looked ok.

The guy said they were sold out until I told him I was going to the Geowoodstock. I guess that make us VIP's. :)

OK, new subject. Some of us while out at Skillet's yesterday were taking about the Geowoodstock event.

So who's going from San Diego and how are you getting there? And plans for caravans, carpools, etc?

I'm driving because I like having my truck, crusing down the freeway with Sirius cranked as loud as I can stand it. My wife won't be with me so I can have it as loud as I want. :)

I'll probably be leaving Thursday night (on Canadian Grls advice) and going half way up, spending the night in some cheap, sleezy hotel then finishing up the drive the next day - getting there in time for the Friday night meet and greet.

:anibad: John and I will be there. I'm meeting John in Reno Friday so we'll be there for the Friday night thing and leaving Monday. We would love to meet up with some of our San Diego Family! John has cached in the area a bunch so he kinda knows his way around. Jerry I know you will be really busy but there are some great bike trails there.

zeber and I are flying up to San Jose on Friday morning, meeting The Fat Cats there and then we're driving to the Sacramento area. We're all staying at the Orchard Suites in Roseville. I think Team Adelos and finkbr are too. zeber and I are flying back on Monday.

We were thinking it might be fun to get the SD cachers together for caching and/or socialiizing.

Ok, it's official. I'm staying in Buttonwillow on Thursday...lovely town, I'm sure. I guess it can't be too bad, there's some caches nearby.

From there I'm heading up to GW6 and staying at the Heritage Inn. They had pretty decent rates and the reviews looked ok.

The guy said they were sold out until I told him I was going to the Geowoodstock. I guess that make us VIP's. :)

When is it Jerry? I have to check the calendar but I might be able to go. Also when are you coming back? I'm guessing it's a 10 hour drive...

d8aa18e2-fdb9-4b9c-8724-31b2693a6d85.jpg

He also looks like that after 22 hours of caching! :)

8299810a-93bc-4970-9b11-b040cedd03f3.jpg

Will he look like this after 22 more years of caching? :anibad:

That's it!!! I'm placing another 22 puzzles in your hood... and yours... and yours too... :)

Oh Noooooooo!

bill.jpg

I was just trying to give you white hair like a real Polar bear.. :D

Now it looks like we'll be the ones with the white hair! :D

Edited by TrailGators

When is it Jerry? I have to check the calendar but I might be able to go. Also when are you coming back? I'm guessing it's a 10 hour drive...

The event is May 24th, but I'm leaving on Thursday night to get through the LA nightmare. I'll be halfway there after staying in Buttonwillow and will hopefully have time for a few caches along the way on Friday.

I'll be coming back on Sunday and driving all the way home.

The event is May 24th, but I'm leaving on Thursday night to get through the LA nightmare. I'll be halfway there after staying in Buttonwillow and will hopefully have time for a few caches along the way on Friday.

I've never heard of Buttonwillow. Let me check with the big boss and what is going on for Memorial Day.

P.S. Did you know that Sirius might buy XM?

I'm driving because I like having my truck, crusing down the freeway with Sirius cranked as loud as I can stand it. My wife won't be with me so I can have it as loud as I want. :anibad:

:) John and I will be there. I'm meeting John in Reno Friday so we'll be there for the Friday night thing and leaving Monday. We would love to meet up with some of our San Diego Family! John has cached in the area a bunch so he kinda knows his way around. Jerry I know you will be really busy but there are some great bike trails there.

I've never heard of Buttonwillow. Let me check with the big boss and what is going on for Memorial Day.

Buttonwillow is one of those places in the middle of nowhere, where they put a couple hotels and a fastfood joint and call it a town.

The Sirius and XM thing got approval from the Dept. of Justice today. Now they have to get it through the FCC. I'm just hoping they don't change anything. I like it just the way it is.

A friend of mine had XM and he thought Sirius had better stations even though they have fewer.

Anyway, back to Buttonwillow.

Wikipedia calls this the entrance to the city. Fancy looking place.

Buttonwillow.jpg

Among some other things, Wikipedia says...

"There is a large electrical substation next to the town that is a part of a major North-South transmission corridor. It marks the northern end of Path 26 across the Transverse Ranges and the southern end of the Path 15 power lines.

Wow. Too bad I'll only see this place in the dark.

Buttonwillow is one of those places in the middle of nowhere, where they put a couple hotels and a fastfood joint and call it a town.

The Sirius and XM thing got approval from the Dept. of Justice today. Now they have to get it through the FCC. I'm just hoping they don't change anything. I like it just the way it is.

A friend of mine had XM and he thought Sirius had better stations even though they have fewer.

Buttonwillow.jpg

"There is a large electrical substation next to the town that is a part of a major North-South transmission corridor. It marks the northern end of Path 26 across the Transverse Ranges and the southern end of the Path 15 power lines.

Cheese 'n cracke's, you going to pass up both Taft and Wasco for Buttonwillow as an overnight venue? What's up with that?

Take it from an expert, go with Wasco so's you can have a look at the fields of roses that surround Wasco State Prison, lovely place. There's only one motel in Wasco so be sure to call ahead 'cause it's always booked with family members that come to Wasco to visit incarcerated loved ones. Here's a tip that will improve your overnight experience, dismount your vehicle tires and wheels and bring them into your room with you at night. ... and the radio and CD player from your dashboard. Earplugs, did I mention earplugs?

Taft is your other alternative, a chance to see oil-drilling operations in full swing. Go and extra day early as it takes a couple of nights to get used to the oil-town odor. You can have a high old time at night in the roughneck bars. Have them transport you to Bakersfield for the best medical service in the valley.

Y'all have a good time,

Harmon

p.s. Wasco Prison is where I accidentally shot Carpenter from Hell in the back with a pepper-spray water cannon while we were finalizing and testing. He didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I hoped. Shoot, forty installations during three and a half years all over the State and one teeny little mistake, what a complainer.

On a more serious note, here's what I know from years of runs up and down the State.

Avoid the Los Angeles traffic mess, maybe, by driving alternative freeways from San Diego to the Grapevine. The magic freeway numbers are 15, 97, 71, 57, 210, and 5 but it's best driven by two of you so's you can use the diamond lane along that short stretch of the 91. Stay at the motel that's on the west side of the I-5 just at the bottom of the grapevine grade using the Denny's offramp for access. There's a decent restaurant on the west side of the I-5 as well; you know, decent for central valley.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I'm driving because I like having my truck, crusing down the freeway with Sirius cranked as loud as I can stand it. My wife won't be with me so I can have it as loud as I want. :D

:D John and I will be there. I'm meeting John in Reno Friday so we'll be there for the Friday night thing and leaving Monday. We would love to meet up with some of our San Diego Family! John has cached in the area a bunch so he kinda knows his way around. Jerry I know you will be really busy but there are some great bike trails there.

The guy said they were sold out until I told him I was going to the Geowoodstock. I guess that make us VIP's. B)

Buttonwillow.jpg

Cheese 'n cracke's, you going to pass up both Taft and Wasco for Buttonwillow as an overnight venue? What's up with that?

Take it from an expert, go with Wasco so's you can have a look at the fields of roses that surround Wasco State Prison, lovely place. There's only one motel in Wasco so be sure to call ahead 'cause it's always booked with family members that come to Wasco to visit incarcerated loved ones. Here's a tip that will improve your overnight experience, dismount your vehicle tires and wheels and bring them into your room with you at night. ... and the radio and CD player from your dashboard. Earplugs, did I mention earplugs?

Taft is your other alternative, a chance to see oil-drilling operations in full swing. Go and extra day early as it takes a couple of nights to get used to the oil-town odor. You can have a high old time at night in the roughneck bars. Have them transport you to Bakersfield for the best medical service in the valley.

Y'all have a good time,

Harmon

p.s. Wasco Prison is where I accidentally shot Carpenter from Hell in the back with a pepper-spray water cannon while we were finalizing and testing. He didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I hoped. Shoot, forty installations during three and a half years all over the State and one teeny little mistake, what a complainer.

On a more serious note, here's what I know from years of runs up and down the State.

Avoid the Los Angeles traffic mess, maybe, by driving alternative freeways from San Diego to the Grapevine. The magic freeway numbers are 15, 97, 71, 57, 210, and 5 but it's best driven by two of you so's you can use the diamond lane along that short stretch of the 91. Stay at the motel that's on the west side of the I-5 just at the bottom of the grapevine grade using the Denny's offramp for access. There's a decent restaurant on the west side of the I-5 as well; you know, decent for central valley.

I've decided to ride shotgun with Jerry and go to that event. Now we'll have to put together a list of the must-do caches off the 5 like I did when I went up 395. It's worth doing because I got to see Manzanar, Ghost Town of Bodie and Mono Lake by doing that on that long drive up to Reno. B)

Well, it looks like The Splashes will be joining everyone at Geo-Woodstock!! WOOOHOOOO!!

My daughter told us she would take care of things at home for us if we promised to NOT dance naked in the mud and don't eat the Red Licorice~~ :D That is what Woodstock is about, right? :D

We have our reservations at the Orchid Inn & Suites also, and we will probably be leaving on Thurs. also and caching along the way. We may never get there! B)

Haven't decided whether we will drive straight thru or stay somewhere on the way, so Jerry & Pat we may run into you!

Is everybody staying on Sunday night also? Jodi, is John going to take all of his 'Homies' on a caching tour?

The Splashes B)B)

Well, it looks like The Splashes will be joining everyone at Geo-Woodstock!! WOOOHOOOO!!

My daughter told us she would take care of things at home for us if we promised to NOT dance naked in the mud and don't eat the Red Licorice~~ :D That is what Woodstock is about, right? :D

We have our reservations at the Orchid Inn & Suites also, and we will probably be leaving on Thurs. also and caching along the way. We may never get there! B)

Haven't decided whether we will drive straight thru or stay somewhere on the way, so Jerry & Pat we may run into you!

Is everybody staying on Sunday night also? Jodi, is John going to take all of his 'Homies' on a caching tour?

The Splashes B)B)

I'm headed to GW6 (this is my 4th Geowoodstock) early on Wednesday the 28th. I'll make the drive in one shot (only because I already have most of the caches on I5 and Hwy 99 from previous trips to Sactown). I have a reservation at the West Sacramento KOA (they have free WiFi and a pool) thru Monday. Team Reid is also staying at the same campground. The closest concentration of caches near GW6 is Yuba City it is also a "puzzle valley" of sorts.

My daughter told us she would take care of things at home for us if we promised to NOT dance naked in the mud and don't eat the Red Licorice~~ :D That is what Woodstock is about, right? B)

The Splashes B):lol:

Sounds good! I guess we'll be staying in Buttonhole, CA. :D I think we are driving back Sunday.
I'm headed to GW6 (this is my 4th Geowoodstock) early on Wednesday the 28th. I'll make the drive in one shot (only because I already have most of the caches on I5 and Hwy 99 from previous trips to Sactown). I have a reservation at the West Sacramento KOA (they have free WiFi and a pool) thru Monday. Team Reid is also staying at the same campground. The closest concentration of caches near GW6 is Yuba City it is also a "puzzle valley" of sorts.

Hi Bill, any recommendations on "must-do's" up the 5?

Coming very soon to a sky near you... The International Space Station!

Better get outside NOW! ;) Look to the WSW about 8:28 or so. If you miss it there's always tomorrow! :)

http://spaceweather.com/flybys/search_resu...untry_radio=usa

Yea, if you are in CARLSBAD. Apparently we here in Santee have to wait until Friday

I saw it here in Escondido! It was moving pretty fast. The website was right on the money. It broke the horizon in the SW and moved upwards from there towards the NW. Thanks again for letting us know about it, J&J! :) Edited by TrailGators

Better get outside NOW! :) Look to the WSW about 8:28 or so. If you miss it there's always tomorrow! :)

Yea, if you are in CARLSBAD. Apparently we here in Santee have to wait until Friday

I saw it here in Escondido! It was moving pretty fast. The website was right on the money. It broke the horizon in the SW and moved upwards from there towards the NW. Thanks again for letting us know about it, J&J! ;)

That was pretty cool! We're in Escondido as well and saw the ISS as well as the supply container "Jules Verne" traveling ahead of it by a few minutes. They're due to dock in the next couple days or so...

Here's a "pick your local" time table for viewing the ISS over the next few days. Enjoy! :)

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sigh...gion=California

Edited by John&Jess

Better get outside NOW! :) Look to the WSW about 8:28 or so. If you miss it there's always tomorrow! :)

I saw it here in Escondido! It was moving pretty fast. The website was right on the money. It broke the horizon in the SW and moved upwards from there towards the NW. Thanks again for letting us know about it, J&J! ;)

That was pretty cool! We're in Escondido as well and saw the ISS as well as the supply container "Jules Verne" traveling ahead of it by a few minutes. They're due to dock in the next couple days or so...

Here's a "pick your local" time table for viewing the ISS over the next few days. Enjoy! :)

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sigh...gion=California

Yep, we went out anyway, and saw the Jules Verne. Pretty cool. We will get to see the ISS on Friday. I set the alarm on my phone..... OMG I'm such a GEEK.

It looks like Unknown to U/Chaotic Cacher's habit of placing caches in plain view of muggles has finally caught up with him/us:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a0-b7d98ad07be7

I did a drive-by of that one recently and was glad I skipped it! I wouldn't have wanted to be surrounded by eight people with guns! It was in the median in plain view of a security guard so I skipped it and put it on my ignore list (along with about 25 other U to U's).

I just saw this. I have been in that building before. ;) It was a very interesting experience. Pretty cool inside. It seems they could have been few in numbers, but they obviously made their point.

Paul

My daughter told us she would take care of things at home for us if we promised to NOT dance naked in the mud and don't eat the Red Licorice~~ ;) That is what Woodstock is about, right? :)

We have our reservations at the Orchid Inn & Suites also, and we will probably be leaving on Thurs. also and caching along the way. We may never get there! :)

The Splashes :):)

I am staying at the same place, I think. Roseville right? Finkbr and I are flying up on Friday night and staying till Sunday. :) See you guys there!

Paul

My daughter told us she would take care of things at home for us if we promised to NOT dance naked in the mud and don't eat the Red Licorice~~ ;) That is what Woodstock is about, right? :)

We have our reservations at the Orchid Inn & Suites also, and we will probably be leaving on Thurs. also and caching along the way. We may never get there! :)

The Splashes :):)

I am staying at the same place, I think. Roseville right? Finkbr and I are flying up on Friday night and staying till Sunday. :D See you guys there!

Paul

Since you'll be flying right over them, do you want us to log you into any caches we find along the way? :)

Trying a first post and off-topic post:

CITO and BALANCE

cardjb8.jpg

GeoCaching has always buoyed my spirits and I wanted to share a card I received from M yesterday. The artwork reminds me of desert blooms and the words directed me to spend just five minutes a day on each area toward maintaining that precious art of Balance. M listed a few techniques to uplift that cloud; volunteering, classes, CITO, etc.

fishermangg0.jpg

Yesterday when checking on my DNF’d caches, Cat Maze and M, I was so disgusted by the amount of smelly trash around Cat Maze that I couldn’t even bear to search for it; I logged a note that I’d probably archive it. After reading the card again this morning I tossed some baskets into my vehicle and drove back over for a musical session of yoga in the rocks. On an impulse, I stopped into a business, mentioned I was a GeoCacher in need of garbage bags for the cause and would they please donate? They did and I would like to publicly thank them for their generosity.

What a great cover CITO provides; after 10 minutes I finally located my missing cache exactly where I’d placed it! I also spotted a rock tagged by a dollar bill and a tear came to my eye but just as quickly evaporated as I realized it was probably from a Call D! Cacher workin’ it through!

trashdp0.jpg

When I stopped an hour and a half later I realized it wasn’t such a cloudy day after all!

chartertm6.jpg

To your health and happiness,

travelita

Trying a first post and off-topic post:

CITO and BALANCE

cardjb8.jpg

GeoCaching has always buoyed my spirits and I wanted to share a card I received from M yesterday. The artwork reminds me of desert blooms and the words directed me to spend just five minutes a day on each area toward maintaining that precious art of Balance. M listed a few techniques to uplift that cloud; volunteering, classes, CITO, etc.

fishermangg0.jpg

Yesterday when checking on my DNF'd caches, Cat Maze and M, I was so disgusted by the amount of smelly trash around Cat Maze that I couldn't even bear to search for it; I logged a note that I'd probably archive it. After reading the card again this morning I tossed some baskets into my vehicle and drove back over for a musical session of yoga in the rocks. On an impulse, I stopped into a business, mentioned I was a GeoCacher in need of garbage bags for the cause and would they please donate? They did and I would like to publicly thank them for their generosity.

What a great cover CITO provides; after 10 minutes I finally located my missing cache exactly where I'd placed it! I also spotted a rock tagged by a dollar bill and a tear came to my eye but just as quickly evaporated as I realized it was probably from a Call D! Cacher workin' it through!

trashdp0.jpg

When I stopped an hour and a half later I realized it wasn't such a cloudy day after all!

chartertm6.jpg

To your health and happiness,

travelita

Welcome to the forums! That was very nice of you! ;)

;)POISON OAK!! ;)

It looks like the Geo-Gods are angry about one of my Polar Bear Caches. I have gotten Poison oak covering my entire right arm and both of my calves... I blame Thunder-4 for making me trudge blindly though the bushes! Anyone have any good treatments? I have been using Techu, washing everything frequently, and rubbing my arm all over ThePolarBear's car door handle.

;)POISON OAK!! ;)

It looks like the Geo-Gods are angry about one of my Polar Bear Caches. I have gotten Poison oak covering my entire right arm and both of my calves... I blame Thunder-4 for making me trudge blindly though the bushes! Anyone have any good treatments? I have been using Techu, washing everything frequently, and rubbing my arm all over ThePolarBear's car door handle.

No sympathy here. I came down with a horrible case of the stuff after doing your Spherical Coordinates cache. My entire face was swollen, itchy and red, and my right eye would not open at all. I had to get a steroid shot in the butt, 2-weeks of prednasone, and now I have to testify before Congress. If you read my log entry on that cache, you will see that I knew I had been infected and took all necessary precautions but still came down with the stuff. Probably got reinfected somehow after I had lathered up in the technu and discarded the clothing, etc...

;)POISON OAK!! ;)

It looks like the Geo-Gods are angry about one of my Polar Bear Caches. I have gotten Poison oak covering my entire right arm and both of my calves... I blame Thunder-4 for making me trudge blindly though the bushes! Anyone have any good treatments? I have been using Technu, washing everything frequently, and rubbing my arm all over ThePolarBear's car door handle.

No sympathy here. I came down with a horrible case of the stuff after doing your Spherical Coordinates cache. My entire face was swollen, itchy and red, and my right eye would not open at all. I had to get a steroid shot in the butt, 2-weeks of prednasone, and now I have to testify before Congress. If you read my log entry on that cache, you will see that I knew I had been infected and took all necessary precautions but still came down with the stuff. Probably got reinfected somehow after I had lathered up in the technu and discarded the clothing, etc...

Yea ThePolarBear told me all about your unfortunate experience. My guess is it's Karma coming back at me from that particular cache. I also have it in other places, that normally do not see the light of day. This is the first time in many many years of hiking that I have ever gotten it.

Next event, I will buy you a few beers as well!

;)POISON OAK!! ;)

I have been plagued by Poison Oak, Poison Ivy and Poison Sumac my entire life. The only thing you can do is dry it out as fast as you can tolerate. Don't use any skin lotions if your skin in those areas gets really dry and itchs because that's what you want it to do. I use some stuff called "Ivy Dry" and it drys it out within a couple of days if you keep applying it. I've gotten to the point that I won't even mess with a cache if I think I'll get PO. It just isn't worth it to me. Edited by TrailGators

:huh:POISON OAK!! :unsure:

If anybody else gets poison oak for the next two weeks, I will officially take the blame for your mistake as well. :)

:unsure:POISON OAK!! :huh:

If anybody else gets poison oak for the next two weeks, I will officially take the blame for your mistake as well. :)

No PO for me either... I guess T-4 and I are "favorites" among the Geo-Gods right now, and the gods decided to punish you severly. I will have a word with the gods if you buy me beer at the next event too. :blink:

:lol:POISON OAK!! :D

If anybody else gets poison oak for the next two weeks, I will officially take the blame for your mistake as well. :D

No PO for me either... I guess T-4 and I are "favorites" among the Geo-Gods right now, and the gods decided to punish you severly. I will have a word with the gods if you buy me beer at the next event too. :D

I usually just scratch it!! :unsure:

It looks like Unknown to U/Chaotic Cacher's habit of placing caches in plain view of muggles has finally caught up with him/us:

I did a drive-by of that one recently and was glad I skipped it! I wouldn't have wanted to be surrounded by eight people with guns! It was in the median in plain view of a security guard so I skipped it and put it on my ignore list (along with about 25 other U to U's).

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :lol::unsure::D

Do you have any evidence of this accusation? Pictures? Video? Eyewitness?

I don't understand what you are suggesting?

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :):D:D

My interpretation isn't clear about the cacher(s) but it is clear about the types of caches rjbloom & co. is referring to. Horrible placements with little regard for the finder to inconspicuously make the find. Often these caches are knowingly placed within view of muggles, hence the request to 'use stealth'. But many of these caches that ask for stealth also don't contain any meaningful hints.

These placements are also insensitive to the safety of the nearby employess, business owners, and residents. When your cache gets blown up by the police it should be a colossal wake up call that you're doing something wrong. It could seriously affect the future of our hobby.

Many times these poor placements are by cachers who have an imbalance between the number of hides (too many) to finds (not enough). Early on in caching there was an unwritten rule that you had to get a few hides under your belt so that you could learn what makes a proper placement. Experienced cachers should also be more honest in our logs about caches that could be problematic. GC.com should seriously consider instituting a rating system to let hiders know their cache may suck.

My interpretation isn't clear about the cacher(s) but it is clear about the types of caches rjbloom & co. is referring to. Horrible placements with little regard for the finder to inconspicuously make the find. Often these caches are knowingly placed within view of muggles, hence the request to 'use stealth'. But many of these caches that ask for stealth also don't contain any meaningful hints.

These placements are also insensitive to the safety of the nearby employess, business owners, and residents. When your cache gets blown up by the police it should be a colossal wake up call that you're doing something wrong. It could seriously affect the future of our hobby.

Many times these poor placements are by cachers who have an imbalance between the number of hides (too many) to finds (not enough). Early on in caching there was an unwritten rule that you had to get a few hides under your belt so that you could learn what makes a proper placement. Experienced cachers should also be more honest in our logs about caches that could be problematic. GC.com should seriously consider instituting a rating system to let hiders know their cache may suck.

My sentiments exactly.

Urban Caches of that type are stating to be no fun at all. Alot of them I feel really uncomfortable doing and being uncomfortable is not what this game is about. 000201D8.gif

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :D:D:D

My sentiments exactly.

Urban Caches of that type are stating to be no fun at all. Alot of them I feel really uncomfortable doing and being uncomfortable is not what this game is about. 000201D8.gif

Ditto! :)

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :D:D:)

My sentiments exactly.

Ditto! :D

Well said!

When it was just a few of these obnoxious hides around, it wasn't too bad and even could be entertaining. When some people began hiding these kind of hides in numbers--thinking it was cute to try to embarrass cachers, it ceased to be fun or funny. We usually put them on the ignore list, but not everyone can or will do that. Maybe the bomb incident will make these hiders think twice?

Edited by Snake & Rooster

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :D:D:)

My sentiments exactly.

Well said!

When it was just a few of these obnoxious hides around, it wasn't too bad and even could be entertaining. When some people began hiding these kind of hides in numbers--thinking it was cute to try to embarrass cachers, it ceased to be fun or funny. We usually put them on the ignore list, but not everyone can or will do that. Maybe the bomb incident will make these hiders think twice?

More hides in the wilderness please! No more of these hiding them in a Taco Bell Trash can.

I agree/I mean they don't even type alike.....ever......SoMeTiMeS I think.....it might be a setup/So me thinks/

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :D:D:D

My sentiments exactly.

Well said!

More hides in the wilderness please! No more of these hiding them in a Taco Bell Trash can.

Yo no quiero Taco Bell.... :)
Did anyone else read the article in the UT this morning about the Sycamore Landfill? Looks like we may have a new summit in the making right next to cache-filled Spring Canyon. Don't know about the rest of you, but that may dampen my enjoyment of the area just a bit. Link.

I agree, that'll be a mountain of trash and it'll probably look a bad as the one in RSD when they're done.

I wasn't going to reply to this, but I kinda wanna bump this thread into the next page. ThePolarBear's face is kinda freakin' me out.

No offense, Patrick!!

D!

Edited by Duncan!

Are you saying that Unknown to U is the Chaotic Cacher???? :laughing::rolleyes::laughing:

My sentiments exactly.

Ditto! :laughing:

Well said!

Yo no quiero Taco Bell.... :laughing:

Placing caches every 500 ft in bushes in "nature" isn't that much more enjoyable. No PO and no geo-trails. :lol:

Placing caches every 500 ft in bushes in "nature" isn't that much more enjoyable. No PO and no geo-trails. :laughing:

If you don't like geotrails, you can use the technique that I've been using for the MTRP caches.

Week 1: Find every third cache. (Skip two, find one, skip two, find one, etc.)

Week 2: Go down the trail again, find every other unfound cache.

Week 3: Find the remainder.

One trail, three times the fun.

(Of course, I never plan on using this technique in MTRP. It just always turns out that way... :laughing: )