The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hi there, I've been following the fire news closely.. I'm glad to hear that things are getting better there. I hope everyone is OK and still has a house. Looks like an apartment complex in Rancho Bernardo I used to live in was damaged. BTW, I've been watching for a note here from PassingWind, but he just posted a note to our local MN geocaching forum (ordering some coins :D ).

OMG! Harmon's got broadband again! Head for the hills!

Sorry Jahoadi. Amnesty is over... :D

Harmon, this place just hasn't been the same without ya...

Yeah, I know, peaceful right. It was tough trying to keep track of San Diego activities

because the dial-up service couldn't come close to handling images. The one or two

photos I did post to the Forum took most of an hour to upload. Ten bucks a month for

the service but yikes!

Once and a while I would head for College of the Siskiyous to use the Wi-Fi at the

writer's center. Of course that meant that I had to travel quite a distance out of the

deep woods at risk of a Bigfoot attack.

We were there right through the best autumn colors in the past ten years or more.

Got worried that I might wear my camera out. Very anxious to process some of my

best images but too busy for now handling the many details of my dad's death.

Say, here's a question for y'all ... wouldn't it be proper for me to score all of those

burnt-out Sweetwater Reservoir caches that I actually intended to score but never

got around to, you know, now that they are mostly burnt out and I'm a sweet old

man and need all the help I can get to keep up with local whipper-snapper Geo-

cachers that have a physical advantage on me being married to an ex-nun and

all and can't stand eating fish or cheating at Geocaching? What say?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Say, here's a question for y'all ... wouldn't it be proper for me to score all of those

burnt-out Sweetwater Reservoir caches that I actually intended to score but never

Great minds think alike... I was once up to a 19-mile radius before the likes of J&J, Chuy!, BBB and Lostguy started going wild in them thar hills...

Great minds think alike... I was once up to a 19-mile radius before the likes of J&J, Chuy!, BBB and Lostguy started going wild in them thar hills...

Yeah, them's th' young whipper-snappers I'm talkin' about too. Why I oughta ....

I see that the Google Map Feature of GC.COM now has Topo and Digital Orthographic Quadrangle (DOQ) options in addition to the map and satellite views. Cool! :)

f6c2e21a-0c9b-4e8e-bdf5-3ee8f25d3a71.jpg

Except NOW how do you do the bookmarking? Looks to me like they got rid of that feature which was also way Cool (other than the colors they used to distinguish which ones were bookmarked or not.)

And I didn't save the source code for their previous version.... :lol:. I already had a google app together for myself that could do the Topo overlays and could link to the Geocaching maps or lists. I was going to try and add the bookmark feature to mine but now I wish they would just put it back on theirs.... since they are better and faster at this than I am.

Edited by blubuturflies

Not so fast gentleman. I did an 11 mile hike out there today and checked on a bunch of caches. The 4 ammo can caches survived, a tin and Loc N Loc actually survived but there are quite a few that bit the dust. I am going to archive my burnt up caches and then create new ones to get folks up to see this once lovely area. I probably saw 25 trucks or pieces of heavy equipment up here today working to restore the power in some on the lines that were down. Even those balls that hang high up on the lines were melted and hanging limp. Didn't get a single tick, bushwacking is a thing of the past. Somebody loves Escargo as I saw thousands of empty snail shells. Didn't run across a single lizard or snake all day. Only saw two rabbits and numerous birds all day. Don't think the fire effected a single flying insect as they were out in droves. Every remain of a bush had hundreds in it. The area is sure a pitiful example of what is was just a few short days ago. Time will hopefully restore it to its glory days.

Not so fast gentleman. I did an 11 mile hike out there today and checked on a bunch of caches. The 4 ammo can caches survived, a tin and Loc N Loc actually survived but there are quite a few that bit the dust. I am going to archive my burnt up caches and then create new ones to get folks up to see this once lovely area. I probably saw 25 trucks or pieces of heavy equipment up here today working to restore the power in some on the lines that were down. Even those balls that hang high up on the lines were melted and hanging limp. Didn't get a single tick, bushwacking is a thing of the past. Somebody loves Escargo as I saw thousands of empty snail shells. Didn't run across a single lizard or snake all day. Only saw two rabbits and numerous birds all day. Don't think the fire effected a single flying insect as they were out in droves. Every remain of a bush had hundreds in it. The area is sure a pitiful example of what is was just a few short days ago. Time will hopefully restore it to its glory days.

I wonder how many areas will end up being closed for the next year (or more) until the area has a chance to recover? It may be a while in some of these areas, before caching or anything else is possible. :)

B) Hey Dick...that Loc-N-Loc that survived..was it a real Loc-N-Loc or a 99 cent generic? Do you have a list? I know "pallets galore" is "pallets no more", but I'd be curious to see the list. r/ jodi

I wonder how many areas will end up being closed for the next year (or more) until the area has a chance to recover? It may be a while in some of these areas, before caching or anything else is possible. B)
This is a very good point. I know that caching was not allowed on Bernardo Mountain because the SDRP already had a three year rejuvenation project going on that ironically was almost over. Now it looks like they will now have a new five year project for the entire area under their jurisdiction. B)

Here's the list of caches archived in MTRP:

GCVKVB Deliverance

GCVN30 Cup of GI Joe

GCVQZB MTRP 2006 Cache War - Harmon's Trail of Tears

GCVG0N Harmon Needs a Blood Transfusion

GCVYQT Take Cover

GCW1B9 MTRP Cache War - Aspirin

GCVF3F I Need Water

GCRDK0 Another Hill, Another Cache

GCR9RJ A Cache Too Far?

Plus three Mystery/Puzzle caches that will be fine once confirmed that final coords are not on the base:

GCQ0BD That Was The Year That Was

GCVY5J She Blinded Me With Geoscience

GCN9N0 Somewhere in San Diego

FYI:

Thanks so much for getting back to us on this issue. The owners of the boxes

can contact my office and we can coordinate pickup. We ask that this take

place within the next 21 days, as we have limited storage space. Thank you.

Sincerely,

1st Lt Jill A. Leyden

External Information Officer

MCAS Miramar Consolidated Public Affairs Shop

Comm (858) 577-1596 DSN 267-1596

Some of you may recall I recovered these caches from the Marines on Sep 6 2007. I was headed to work and threw them in my bike locker at work. I haven't touched them until now 'cause Duncan! DNF'ed three in a row and CTYankee9 was asking about his one that was DNF'ed; I have those three B) :

GCZRY3 Dogs of War, Piglit9 & CTYankee9

GC10FN8 The Last Star, TR Violin

GCVT3F Farther than the Farthest Star, TR Violin

I had assumed all the caches I recovered from the Marines were archived but these three were obviously not. My apologies to Duncan! and CTYankee9, and anyone else that has been out looking for phantom caches. If Marko Ramius is reading this, maybe he can archive them promptly.

So, I want to get rid of these caches! I'm accepting suggestions. Should I take them out to MTRP and re-hide them as mine? Should I attempt to get them un-archived, adopt them, and submit new coords? Anyone want to share the burden of re-hiding at MTRP - in legitimate areas, of course.

I'm confused as to what this thread is...........LOL

Post #1

Let's set up a long term thread that we can all talk about caching in and around San Diego County.

And that's what this thread is... Of course, "caching in and around San Diego" often means that things that are near and dear to the hearts to of cachers in San Diego -- which can be the fires that disrupt our lives, and the deaths in our families, and so on.

Hello SD cacher's! I will be in SD from Nov 5-16 and would like to do a day trip down Baja Mexico caching! Possibly the 10th or 11th - Sunday might be better for the return trip into the states. Anyhow, I'd thought I'd solicit to see if anyone would like to join me. I will have a rental and will cover gas, Mexican insurance, etc., but I would like to find 2-3 ppl to tag along as I'm a Mexico noob! (BTW I am bringing the passport for returning to the US and I have done some research about visiting the TJ area) Worse case is I will walk into TJ and hit Chuy's multicache - as I definitely want to log some finds outside of the US. I will be hitting other sites close to SD weekday evenings and will also be at the WWFM event @ 9:00AM on the 10th if anyone wants to join me as well...

Thanks

ThePumphreyBunch - only 1 of which will be in SD....

:( It really broke my heart to have to disable all those caches in Sweetwater. It brought back all the memories of the fun we had placing them and making "Lostguy" climb another hill after another hill..not to mention the miles and miles we had Cegrube and BBB Dad running. Time will tell if we're allowed back. I'm glad John is amassing ammo cans in Fallon...we'll need them.

:( It really broke my heart to have to disable all those caches in Sweetwater. It brought back all the memories of the fun we had placing them and making "Lostguy" climb another hill after another hill..not to mention the miles and miles we had Cegrube and BBB Dad running. Time will tell if we're allowed back. I'm glad John is amassing ammo cans in Fallon...we'll need them.

I know what you're talking about. I had to disable 24 of my caches, including my entire MTB series.

Most of them are clearly in the burn areas but some are questionable. Hopefully I will be able to reactivate them soon.

For the ones that are definitely gone, those will stay gone and may be replaced with new caches someday.

:) It really broke my heart to have to disable all those caches in Sweetwater. It brought back all the memories of the fun we had placing them and making "Lostguy" climb another hill after another hill..not to mention the miles and miles we had Cegrube and BBB Dad running. Time will tell if we're allowed back. I'm glad John is amassing ammo cans in Fallon...we'll need them.

Lostguy reported my German butter dishe survived the fire on Sweetwater. The camo tape and plastic insert did not, but the container did :) .

As of October 30, 2007

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(a) and to protect public health and safety, the following acts are prohibited within the the Cleveland National Forest. This order is effective from October 22, 2007 through the end of the fire emergency.

1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.52(e).

2. Being on National Forest System roads within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.54(e).

3. Being on National Forest System trails within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.55(a).

Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this order:

1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.

2. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.

3. Owners or lessees of land within the Forest Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their land unless under a Sheriff's evacuation order.

4. Persons who reside within the Forest Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their residences unless under a Sheriff's evacuation order.

These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.

Done at San Diego, California, this 22nd day of October , 2007.

/s/ WILLIAM METZ

William Metz Forest Supervisor

Cleveland National Forest

A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.

CLEVELAND NATIONAL FOREST - CURRENT CONDITIONS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Release: October 26, 2007 Contact: Stephen Razo 951-697-5217; email: srazo@ca.blm.gov

CA-CDD-08-07

To protect public health and safety, the Bureau of Land Management has issued an emergency closure of public lands in the McCain Valley Conservation Area (Boulevard, CA) to include Cottonwood Campground, Lark Canyon Campground and Lark Canyon Day Use OHV Area effective today, October 26, 2007 through the end of the current fire emergency. The order is issued under the authority of 43 CFR 8364.1

The following areas are also closed to all visitors effective today, October 26, 2007 through the end of the current fire emergency: Buck Canyon and San Felipe Hill, Ranchita, Calif.; Chariot Canyon and Rodriguez Canyon, Julian, Calif. Any person who fails to comply with a closure or restriction order issued under this subpart may be subject to the penalties provided in Sec. 8360.0-7 of this title. The following persons are exempt:* Owners and or lessees of land within the closure area are exempt from the prohibitions listed above to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.

* Bureau of Land Management personnel in the performance of their duties.* Any federal, state, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty. "The extreme fire conditions currently in this area prompt us to issue this closure order in the interest of public safety," states Vicki Wood, BLM El Centro Field Office manager. According to Wood, the order will be lifted when containment of fires burning in the vicinity of these areas has been accomplished. For further information, contact Stephen Razo at 951-697-5217.

San Dieguito River Park Trail Closures

• Piedras Pintadas Trail - Lake Hodges Area
  • Highland Valley Trail - Lake Hodges Area
  • North Shore Lake Hodges - Lake Hodges Area
  • Clevenger Canyon / San Pasqual South
  • Clevenger Canyon / San Pasqual North
  • Mule Hill Historical / San Pasqual Valley Agricultural Trail

San Diego County Park Closures

• Del Dios Highlands
  • Hellhole Canyon
  • Lusardi Creek
  • Palomar Mtn.
  • Potrero
  • Simon

Edited by PassingWind

:) It really broke my heart to have to disable all those caches in Sweetwater. It brought back all the memories of the fun we had placing them and making "Lostguy" climb another hill after another hill..not to mention the miles and miles we had Cegrube and BBB Dad running. Time will tell if we're allowed back. I'm glad John is amassing ammo cans in Fallon...we'll need them.

Lostguy reported my German butter dishe survived the fire on Sweetwater. The camo tape and plastic insert did not, but the container did :) .

As of October 30, 2007

Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50(a) and to protect public health and safety, the following acts are prohibited within the the Cleveland National Forest. This order is effective from October 22, 2007 through the end of the fire emergency.

1. Going into or being upon National Forest System lands within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.52(e).

2. Being on National Forest System roads within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.54(e).

3. Being on National Forest System trails within the Cleveland National Forest. 36 CFR 261.55(a).

1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force in the performance of an official duty.

2. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.

3. Owners or lessees of land within the Forest Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their land unless under a Sheriff's evacuation order.

4. Persons who reside within the Forest Closure Area to the extent necessary to gain access to their residences unless under a Sheriff's evacuation order.

These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.

/s/ WILLIAM METZ

A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both.16 USC 551 and 18 USC 3559, 3571, and 3581.

For Release: October 26, 2007 Contact: Stephen Razo 951-697-5217; email: srazo@ca.blm.gov

CA-CDD-08-07

To protect public health and safety, the Bureau of Land Management has issued an emergency closure of public lands in the McCain Valley Conservation Area (Boulevard, CA) to include Cottonwood Campground, Lark Canyon Campground and Lark Canyon Day Use OHV Area effective today, October 26, 2007 through the end of the current fire emergency. The order is issued under the authority of 43 CFR 8364.1

The following areas are also closed to all visitors effective today, October 26, 2007 through the end of the current fire emergency: Buck Canyon and San Felipe Hill, Ranchita, Calif.; Chariot Canyon and Rodriguez Canyon, Julian, Calif. Any person who fails to comply with a closure or restriction order issued under this subpart may be subject to the penalties provided in Sec. 8360.0-7 of this title. The following persons are exempt:* Owners and or lessees of land within the closure area are exempt from the prohibitions listed above to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.

* Bureau of Land Management personnel in the performance of their duties.* Any federal, state, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty. "The extreme fire conditions currently in this area prompt us to issue this closure order in the interest of public safety," states Vicki Wood, BLM El Centro Field Office manager. According to Wood, the order will be lifted when containment of fires burning in the vicinity of these areas has been accomplished. For further information, contact Stephen Razo at 951-697-5217.

• Del Dios Highlands
  • Hellhole Canyon
  • Lusardi Creek
  • Palomar Mtn.
  • Potrero
  • Simon

And this means..... :)

:D-->

QUOTE(Chuck B @ Oct 31 2007, 03:56 PM) 3139674[/snapback]

Lostguy reported my German butter dishe survived the fire on Sweetwater. The camo tape and plastic insert did not, but the container did :D .

I went up to the burn area today just above Eastlake to see what had happened to a couple of my caches.

I suspected that if they were in the burn area they were toast. One of them was #6 of the powerline series. I started walking up through the burned area from the large power pole. Everything had been really burned and scorched. I didn't hold out much hope for this cache. When I got to the area where the cache had been I looked around, but didn't see much except burned grass and plants. I was just about to leave when out of the corner of my eye I saw something blue. You who have found this one will remember I hid an M&M container in an old blue platic oil can. I picked up the blue object and it was the oil container, not burned at all. I looked in it, but no M&M. I decided to look a little further and lo and behold, quite near was the M&M container. I checked it out and it wasn't even touched by the fire. Go figure. Everything else was really burned. I guess it was a miracle or something. The area up on top of the hill where my Auld View cache is was not burned.

I checked on the area where the Flats cache was, but no luck. Sorry John and Jodi.

:):)

As of October 30, 2007

/s/ WILLIAM METZ

CA-CDD-08-07

• Del Dios Highlands
  • Hellhole Canyon
  • Lusardi Creek
  • Palomar Mtn.
  • Potrero
  • Simon

This means you can not go and check on Caches in alot of areas.

As of October 30, 2007

[/size]

/s/ WILLIAM METZ

CA-CDD-08-07

• Del Dios Highlands
  • Hellhole Canyon
  • Lusardi Creek
  • Palomar Mtn.
  • Potrero
  • Simon

This means you can not go and check on Caches in alot of areas.

Yep. It would also be a good idea to disable caches in these areas until these areas are reopened. It pays to stay on the good side of the rangers. :) Edited by TrailGators

For those of you thinking about going to GeoWoodstock 6 next year and want to see what a GW is like, or for those who went to GW5 and want to re-live those memories, the North Carolina Geocaching Organization now has copies of their 15-minute GW5 movie available for sale on DVD.

I was at the "world premiere" in Chapel Hill earlier this year and can attest that it is a well-made and fun flick. The DVD can be ordered at http://ncgeocachers.org/modules.php?name=Store .

(At the moment, you have to register and log in to the site, but I'm told they're working on making the "Store" available without requiring a login.)

This just in:

Dear Friends,

I am writing to you because my friends Luke and Laura (Tinfoil-Hat Head & Wall-Eyed Nutbag) have lost their home in the Fallbrook fire last week. I am happy to know that they are safe and have begun to rebuild their lives. They are fellow geocachers and I was hoping that you could help me get some things together that they need just to get back to basics and establish a daily routine while they piece it all back together.

I have a list of things that they need. I'm going to go through my house and get whatever I can but I know I don't have it all. So any help you can give would be great. I'll be putting this together and driving down next week to give them what I've collected.

Anything you could do would be appreciated.

God bless!

Katy aka Mamaloo

The List

cutting board

knives

pots/sauce pans

baking sheet

pyrex-type baking dish

scissors

cookbook/recipes

crock pot

bottle opener

wine opener

can opener

hot pads

tongs

spatula

wisk

measuring spoons

measuring cups

left over food containers

large outdoor garbage can

small indoor garbage can

swiffer

dust buster

vaccuum

dust pan

broom

mop

laundry soap

fabric softener

------------------------------

FYI and to help out a fellow geocacher. Thanks.

The San Dieguito River Park was hit hard by the recent fires. Sikes adobe was lost as well as the park office. At this time all geo caching within the park has been suspended until further notice. If you have cache's in the park please email me for info on them instead of trying to find them yourselves. My email is david@sdrp.org. Thank you for your support.

This just in:

Dear Friends,

I am writing to you because my friends Luke and Laura (Tinfoil-Hat Head & Wall-Eyed Nutbag) have lost their home in the Fallbrook fire last week. I am happy to know that they are safe and have begun to rebuild their lives. They are fellow geocachers and I was hoping that you could help me get some things together that they need just to get back to basics and establish a daily routine while they piece it all back together.

I have a list of things that they need. I'm going to go through my house and get whatever I can but I know I don't have it all. So any help you can give would be great. I'll be putting this together and driving down next week to give them what I've collected.

God bless!

Katy aka Mamaloo

The List

cutting board

knives

pots/sauce pans

baking sheet

pyrex-type baking dish

scissors

cookbook/recipes

crock pot

bottle opener

wine opener

can opener

hot pads

tongs

spatula

wisk

measuring spoons

measuring cups

small indoor garbage can

swiffer

dust buster

vaccuum

dust pan

broom

mop

laundry soap

fabric softener

OK, so we will take up a collection at the Nomex v. Ramius event on Saturday. Bring your spare items (and from personal experience, I can recommend gift cards from places like Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, shopping centers, etc.) and we will make sure they get to them...

This just in:

Dear Friends,

God bless!

Katy aka Mamaloo

The List

cutting board

knives

pots/sauce pans

baking sheet

pyrex-type baking dish

scissors

cookbook/recipes

crock pot

bottle opener

wine opener

can opener

hot pads

tongs

spatula

wisk

measuring spoons

measuring cups

small indoor garbage can

swiffer

dust buster

vaccuum

dust pan

broom

mop

laundry soap

fabric softener

OK, so we will take up a collection at the Nomex v. Ramius event on Saturday. Bring your spare items (and from personal experience, I can recommend gift cards from places like Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, shopping centers, etc.) and we will make sure they get to them...

Gift cards are an excellent idea; can someone provide an address to mail them in case we can't make it to the event?

Dave K., if you need any help transporting, I offer my truck and a driver - me!

Tinfoil-Hat Head & Wall-Eyed Nutbag, sorry to hear about your casa.

We have an electric dryer in excellent condition that we can donate to someone who lost their home in the fires. We will offer it up to the geocaching community first. Having a family of five, a dryer is something you miss real fast, especially with kids! We live at the northern base of the Cleveland National Forest in Corona about 1.5 hours from San Diego. So if someone knows someone who needs it than perhaps someone else can help come pick it up as we don't have a truck.

Friday night as Tim was excitedly packing the jeep (sporting new 35" tires!)...he had a painful slip... and we found out soon after he tore his acl in his knee. Ouch! So unfortunately we had to miss the campout. No long hikes for a while for him. So he can offer 'some' help loading it up. But not alot right now. Also, if you know someone who needs this but they can't get it right now we can hold it for a while. No worries. It's understandable that people need to get situated in a place first.

Let us know if anyone needs it! We were sorry to miss the campout and our caching friends. But since we are in San Diego almost every weekend to drop off the kids at Nana's or to be building friends jeeps :D ...there is no way we can possibly miss the Marko/Nomex event!!!

Blessings and Good Times!

The Slaby's :mad:

This just in:

Dear Friends,

God bless!

Katy aka Mamaloo

The List

cutting board

knives

pots/sauce pans

baking sheet

pyrex-type baking dish

scissors

cookbook/recipes

crock pot

bottle opener

wine opener

can opener

hot pads

tongs

spatula

wisk

measuring spoons

measuring cups

small indoor garbage can

swiffer

dust buster

vaccuum

dust pan

broom

mop

laundry soap

fabric softener

Gift cards are an excellent idea; can someone provide an address to mail them in case we can't make it to the event?

Dave K., if you need any help transporting, I offer my truck and a driver - me!

Tinfoil-Hat Head & Wall-Eyed Nutbag, sorry to hear about your casa.

We have an electric dryer in excellent condition that we can donate to someone who lost their home in the fires. We will offer it up to the geocaching community first. Having a family of five, a dryer is something you miss real fast, especially with kids! We live at the northern base of the Cleveland National Forest in Corona about 1.5 hours from San Diego. So if someone knows someone who needs it than perhaps someone else can help come pick it up as we don't have a truck.

Friday night as Tim was excitedly packing the jeep (sporting new 35" tires!)...he had a painful slip... and we found out soon after he tore his acl in his knee. Ouch! So unfortunately we had to miss the campout. No long hikes for a while for him. So he can offer 'some' help loading it up. But not alot right now. Also, if you know someone who needs this but they can't get it right now we can hold it for a while. No worries. It's understandable that people need to get situated in a place first.

Let us know if anyone needs it! We were sorry to miss the campout and our caching friends. But since we are in San Diego almost every weekend to drop off the kids at Nana's or to be building friends jeeps :mad: ...there is no way we can possibly miss the Marko/Nomex event!!!

Blessings and Good Times!

The Slaby's :huh:

I can pick it up Sunday am, abouts 0900, and give up my Sunday hiking with Ginger!. :D . No worries!

Dave, can you find out if they need it, and where to deliver it.

Tim, get well soon. :(

Great idea Tom! The event is a great place to collect things.

Paul

Since we are on the subject, has there been any word of other cachers that lost their home?

Edited by Team Adelos

This just in:

Dear Friends,

God bless!

Katy aka Mamaloo

The List

cutting board

knives

pots/sauce pans

baking sheet

pyrex-type baking dish

scissors

cookbook/recipes

crock pot

bottle opener

wine opener

can opener

hot pads

tongs

spatula

wisk

measuring spoons

measuring cups

small indoor garbage can

swiffer

dust buster

vaccuum

dust pan

broom

mop

laundry soap

fabric softener

I'd like to send some items from up here in Montana. Is there an address that I can get some stuff sent to and did they have any pets? My thoughts and prayers go out to Luke and Laura. I'd really appreciate an email from someone so I can get stuff sent out as soon as possible. Thanks...

~tsun :D

Any one heard the word on disabling burned out caches? I just updated our Wonder Where This Road Goes cache including a picture of the cache site as we found it.

I hope to replace this one as time allows and the vegetation cover starts to come back.

Oh well, No Whining, this is a minor loss compared to other.

Any one heard the word on disabling burned out caches? I just updated our Wonder Where This Road Goes cache including a picture of the cache site as we found it.

I hope to replace this one as time allows and the vegetation cover starts to come back.

Wow! You found the ammo can in that shape? That's pretty impressive... :D

ea6240f0-2206-4b77-9eaf-99d2a739ceee.jpg

Bummer, though... I remember fondly the adventure of driving my Accord up that road... ;)

I wonder whether we could establish a website or forum thread to collect a list of local caches that have to be archived. TPTB have recently taken away the old-fashioned "Geocaching maps," and with them, the ability to find archived caches (unless you know the waypoint ID (GCxxxx) of the specific cache). So if we want to be able to read the old logs, revel in the nostalgia, etc., we'll need to have a way to find the archived caches' listing ourselves.

Or, at least, maybe we should ask TPTB to stop calling them "archived" caches. An archive is a place where you can go to look up old information. In total contrast to that, TPTB are putting these caches into what Orwell called a "memory hole." :D

This just in:

Dear Friends,

God bless!

Katy aka Mamaloo

The List

cutting board

knives

pots/sauce pans

baking sheet

pyrex-type baking dish

scissors

cookbook/recipes

crock pot

bottle opener

wine opener

can opener

hot pads

tongs

spatula

wisk

measuring spoons

measuring cups

small indoor garbage can

swiffer

dust buster

vaccuum

dust pan

broom

mop

laundry soap

fabric softener

I'd like to send some items from up here in Montana. Is there an address that I can get some stuff sent to and did they have any pets? My thoughts and prayers go out to Luke and Laura. I'd really appreciate an email from someone so I can get stuff sent out as soon as possible. Thanks...

~tsun :D

Anyone that needs an address to send stuff, just send me an e-mail through the system and I'll reply with my mailing address. Thank you all for your generosity.

I just noticed that Tombmaker is now a member of team !. Tombmaker! When will there finally be two members of team " ". I need to email my son, armynate. Probably Armynate! by the end of the week.

Very interesting! I still have not received my 'application' for team !! :D

Maybe you submitted your request to the wrong team. Shouldn't you be part of team ? ?

Flagman: Thanks for letting us use your event as a collection site. San Diego residents are really showing how great they are!

:D I am also amazed at the folks working to get the county's infrastructure back in working order. There have been no less than a couple hundred guys working on the mountain since before they even let us go home. We had power restored late Saturday night and shiny new telephone poles by Tuesday of this week. Neveda State Forestry had about 18 crews of prisoners "working the fire lines" and doing whatever it is they do all week. The logistics behind this kind of recovery effort is mind boggling. I know the process of restoring individual homes is long, tedious, frustrating and not so smooth, but I have nothing but respect and gratitude right now for SDG&E and AT&T. For once they are amazing!

I just noticed that Tombmaker is now a member of team !. Tombmaker! When will there finally be two members of team " ". I need to email my son, armynate. Probably Armynate! by the end of the week.

Very interesting! I still have not received my 'application' for team !! :D

Maybe you submitted your request to the wrong team. Shouldn't you be part of team ? ?

There's no application to fill out, just send all final coordinates to any puzzles you have!! ;)

D!

Have you seen our new name..? kwver is now kwvers!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There's two of you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you know...Props were always due to Mrs. kwver who is the brains of the team...She spots the cache and I fetch...We were known as kwvers for awhile and decided to make it official...Changing the name was no problem with Groundspeak...

How do I change my username?

SolutionDue to a recent feature change to our website, we now have the ability to grant username changes under qualifying circumstances. Approvals of username changes are at the discretion of Groundspeak, Inc. and need to comply with the Terms of Use listed here: http://www.geocaching.com/about/termsofuse.aspx .

Please ensure the username is available before making the request via a search using this page: http://www.geocaching.com/email

If your search comes up empty, then the username is available. Note: It is not necessary to create an account using the intended username. We'll do that. If the username already exists and has ever been validated, or the username has been used in any way, then the username is not available.

The request for a username change needs to be made from the email address in your account profile and sent to contact@Groundspeak.com. Provide the current username as well as the requested new username. Please make sure you specify the exact spelling, spacing and capitalization for your new username.

Edited by kwvers!