The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

****NEWS FLASH**** Another fire in Scripps Ranch area!! This time near the LLOT Mansion on the hill that houses Glicks Eternal View. Just spoke with James and they are OK, and doesn't appear any homes are threatened at this time. Multiple fire response teams working on it from the ground and air. But I just hate that smell of smoke in the air...

Roger that...

This fire was on the SW flank of Miramar Hill. The winds were out of the west/norwest so not really any problem for the houses. The fire department were all over the fire very quickly with brush trucks and helicopters. They had it contained by 5pm or so. We spent some time chatting with the firemen out at the end of our road. They were there for structure protection but it was clear from their laid back attitude that they were not too worried that anything bad was going to come their way.

Looking at the burn area, it is possible that the final cache for Pirates Treasure may have been a casualty. I'll check it out in the next day or so. Glick's should be OK. Ditto for Gipionysius and the Pirates.

****NEWS FLASH**** Another fire in Scripps Ranch area!! This time near the LLOT Mansion on the hill that houses Glicks Eternal View. Just spoke with James and they are OK, and doesn't appear any homes are threatened at this time. Multiple fire response teams working on it from the ground and air. But I just hate that smell of smoke in the air...

Roger that...

This fire was on the SW flank of Miramar Hill. The winds were out of the west/norwest so not really any problem for the houses. The fire department were all over the fire very quickly with brush trucks and helicopters. They had it contained by 5pm or so. We spent some time chatting with the firemen out at the end of our road. They were there for structure protection but it was clear from their laid back attitude that they were not too worried that anything bad was going to come their way.

Looking at the burn area, it is possible that the final cache for Pirates Treasure may have been a casualty. I'll check it out in the next day or so. Glick's should be OK. Ditto for Gipionysius and the Pirates.

I'm glad to hear that everyone was OK! :cool:

Roger that...

Ms. LLOT and I hiked over to the burn area this evening. "Pirates Treasure" is fine and open for business. The fire got no closer than about 250 feet to the final WP. The fire did burn all the way up the hill to the "stacks" which means that it got within about 200-300 feet to "Glick's Eternal View" as well. Here is a picture of the burn area...

8ddd96c2-fba8-45c4-822b-bba35f1af828.jpg

The paper said that "Investigators believe a 20-acre brush fire that broke out in the Los Penasquitos Canyon Reserve over the weekend was deliberately set". Well...after checking on the cache, we walked over to the point of origin. I won't say what we saw there, but suffice to say there is good reason to believe that this was a deliberate act. (Rat B*st*rds!)

Hey folks!

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I'm a relatively new geocacher in the San Diego area. Just scored my 10th cache yesterday (Lindenhall). I'm loving it and hope to be caching regularly!

Nice to meet you all. :huh:

Hey folks!

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I'm a relatively new geocacher in the San Diego area. Just scored my 10th cache yesterday (Lindenhall). I'm loving it and hope to be caching regularly!

Hi Jishin,

Welcome to our San Diego Forum.

Ten finds means that you are ready to hide your first cache so we'll be looking for it. To make your first cache memorable just hide it in your front yard and watch for the outcry from the regulars. Honest, front yard caches are a big favorite of the local crowd.

Keep an eye out for local Geocaching events so that you can meet some of us. Of course it may be best to avoid "some of us." :(

Did I mention that you should start posting photos of your Geocaching adventures?

Regards,

Harmon of SD Rowdies

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hey folks!

OMG, don't you know what you've gotten yourself into?!? It's not too late to seek professional help. Run, now, as fast as you can to the closest electronics shop and buy yourself a TV or something! Otherwise, you will certainly be sentenced to a life full of pointless obedience to the dancing arrow...

Welcome, by the way. By most accounts, you've found yourself into a relatively friendly group of folks here. We like to exploit the billion dollar system as much as the next guy, but we usually do it with a smile. And there's only a few of us who care for nothing but the smiles, but we'll let you figure out who those ones are on your own... :(

See ya on the trails!

Edited by FlagMan

Hey folks!

Nice to meet you all. :(

Welcome to the Forums! :(

Check out the San Diego Events thread to see when we are planning a cache adventure. Hope to see you on the trails. :huh:

P.S. Don't listen to Harmon . . . he can do terrible things to perfectly nice photos. :(

Hey folks!

Welcome to the Forums! :(

Check out the San Diego Events thread to see when we are planning a cache adventure. Hope to see you on the trails. :huh:

P.S. Don't listen to Harmon . . . he can do terrible things to perfectly nice photos. :(

Why I oughta ....

46672ca0-3254-43ec-9489-00d8f7c0fc37.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hey folks!

We'll be looking for your entry here.

Harmon is a nice guy, but you see him frothing at the mouth - run and don't look back :huh: .

BTW, you gotta try the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches over by Buckman Springs; Harmon and the boys did well.

Hey folks!

We'll be looking for your entry here.

Harmon is a nice guy, but you see him frothing at the mouth - run and don't look back :huh: .

BTW, you gotta try the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches over by Buckman Springs; Harmon and the boys did well.

Aw shucks, thanks Chuy!,;:".

O yeah, ? too.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Haha. Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone. <_<

I'm not sure if I can make the flash mob event, but I'll discuss it with the dear husband and see if we've got the time to come (iffy, we've got extended family stuff that weekend). I think it'd be cool, though.

I'm not sure if I can make the flash mob event, but I'll discuss it with the dear husband and see if we've got the time to come (iffy, we've got extended family stuff that weekend). I think it'd be cool, though.

Welcome Jishin! I have important plans that day too, so maybe I'll run into you some other time. <_<

Welcome Jishin! I have important plans that day too, so maybe I'll run into you some other time. <_<

O geez, already an affair.

?

?

Just kidding Pat!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hey folks!

Nice to meet you all. <_<

Welcome to Geocaching! There are plenty of caches to keep you busy for years! Hope to see you at an event!

TA

ps: The flash bash will most likely be over before I can get to it. <_<

Hmmm, this thread is slow. How about a new topic or two? Maybe one of these will perk things up a bit!

o Radius Slaves - A lot of geocachers seem to have a goal of clearing out an area of caches within a certain geographical radius of their house. I call them "radius slaves" because they are slaves to anyone who decides to drop a lame cache anywhere in that radius. Now I like to see a bubble of clear space around my "home" icon too, but I'm not rabid about it. When I have a chunk of time, I'd rather do a day trip to somewhere beyond my radius that is scenic. For example, I recently did a mountain bike trip in Daley Ranch in Escondido and it was way cool. Incidentally, I'm almost done clearing out a radius of 5 miles from my house, but I have a dozen or so on my ignore list. So, OK, OK, I'm a semi-radius slave too.

I did a pocket query of all new caches placed in Feb-May 10 2007 (approx 100 days), within 10 miles of the I8 and I15 interchange. It came up with 119. This wouldn't include ones already archived, so add another 10, as a guess, for a total of 129. So assuming you cleaned out that 10 mile radius once, you would have to have a find rate of 1.3/day to keep it clean. That's equal to some people's find rate! And almost half of a pretty good find rate of 3/day. At a find rate of 3/day I calculate that a cacher in the San Diego area could only keep a radius of 15 miles clean. No thanks.

o Web Cam caches - I think these are pretty lame from a geocaching point of view. I've been avoiding them and now I've decided to put all of the local ones on my ignore list. It's not like they take any effort to find, the effort is getting the software, finding them when they work, getting someone to manipulate the camera for you and being patient while they battle for control of the camera and get it positioned right. No thanks.

o Ignore list - If I don't like some lame urban micro (or a trample the environment cache, or a front yard cache or whatever) I put it on my ignore list. Half of them seem to get archived after a while anyway, and in the meantime, they don't keep showing up on my GSAK and GPS. Actually my list is only 25 long now that I removed the archived ones. Do people use this feature as much as I do?

o Cache maintenance - Can people really maintain 100 to 150 caches with any sort of diligence? It seems like some people drop caches like they are disposable diapers. Maybe someone can think of a better analogy... And I suppose the answer is "yes" for some cachers!

o Best mountain bike caching - I took my new mountain bike to Daley Ranch in Escondido and had a blast. It had a great combination of hills and scenery, single track and wide dirt roads. I've mountain bike-cached in part of Mission Trails and Rancho San Diego, too. Can anyone recommend other good areas? I have my eye on the Sweetwater area.

o Go Bolts Caches - I get a real kick out of his Terrain 2+ caches in random areas. They make you think and they make you work. Many of them could be subtitled "fear factor". Anyone else enjoying these?

So, OK, OK, I'm a semi-radius slave too.

Does that mean that you are clearing out a semi-circle? :drama:

I'm a radius slave and proud of it, but I'm think I'm going to have to submit to reality soon. The problem is that I am approaching the point where my ability to clear caches is being balanced by new ones appearing. And there are parts of my radius that are only 9 or 10 miles away as King Geepius would fly, but take 20 miles by road -- I'm not going to rush out every time a new cache pops up in one of those places.

Hmmm, this thread is slow. How about a new topic or two? Maybe one of these will perk things up a bit!

o Radius Slaves - A lot of geocachers seem to have a goal of clearing out an area of caches within a certain geographical radius of their house. I call them "radius slaves" because they are slaves to anyone who decides to drop a lame cache anywhere in that radius. Now I like to see a bubble of clear space around my "home" icon too, but I'm not rabid about it. When I have a chunk of time, I'd rather do a day trip to somewhere beyond my radius that is scenic. For example, I recently did a mountain bike trip in Daley Ranch in Escondido and it was way cool. Incidentally, I'm almost done clearing out a radius of 5 miles from my house, but I have a dozen or so on my ignore list. So, OK, OK, I'm a semi-radius slave too.

I did a pocket query of all new caches placed in Feb-May 10 2007 (approx 100 days), within 10 miles of the I8 and I15 interchange. It came up with 119. This wouldn't include ones already archived, so add another 10, as a guess, for a total of 129. So assuming you cleaned out that 10 mile radius once, you would have to have a find rate of 1.3/day to keep it clean. That's equal to some people's find rate! And almost half of a pretty good find rate of 3/day. At a find rate of 3/day I calculate that a cacher in the San Diego area could only keep a radius of 15 miles clean. No thanks.

o Web Cam caches - I think these are pretty lame from a geocaching point of view. I've been avoiding them and now I've decided to put all of the local ones on my ignore list. It's not like they take any effort to find, the effort is getting the software, finding them when they work, getting someone to manipulate the camera for you and being patient while they battle for control of the camera and get it positioned right. No thanks.

o Ignore list - If I don't like some lame urban micro (or a trample the environment cache, or a front yard cache or whatever) I put it on my ignore list. Half of them seem to get archived after a while anyway, and in the meantime, they don't keep showing up on my GSAK and GPS. Actually my list is only 25 long now that I removed the archived ones. Do people use this feature as much as I do?

o Cache maintenance - Can people really maintain 100 to 150 caches with any sort of diligence? It seems like some people drop caches like they are disposable diapers. Maybe someone can think of a better analogy... And I suppose the answer is "yes" for some cachers!

o Best mountain bike caching - I took my new mountain bike to Daley Ranch in Escondido and had a blast. It had a great combination of hills and scenery, single track and wide dirt roads. I've mountain bike-cached in part of Mission Trails and Rancho San Diego, too. Can anyone recommend other good areas? I have my eye on the Sweetwater area.

o Go Bolts Caches - I get a real kick out of his Terrain 2+ caches in random areas. They make you think and they make you work. Many of them could be subtitled "fear factor". Anyone else enjoying these?

o Radius Slaves - I used to do this for fun. Now I realize that it is futile.

o Web Cam caches - I love doing these when I'm with a group.

o Ignore list - I am using this feature a lot more. I asked GC for an enhancement to the ignore button that would all us to ignore all caches from certain hiders. It would be a lot more efficient than doing them one by one. I'm not throwing stones, it's just that some people have vastly different tastes than I do, so I don't want to find their caches.

o Cache maintenance - Depends on the person and what kind of caches. I'm comfortable with 30 or so of the kind that I hide.

o Best mountain bike caching - I prefer hiking to MB, but Daley and Lake Hodges are good MB areas up by me.

o Go Bolts Caches - I enjoy these.

Anything else? :drama:

I am just a slave to the arrow. Wherever it tells me to go, I go. OBEY THE ARROW!!

I once had a radius of 19 miles, and that's saying something since I live in the geographical center of San Diego and have Santee, Lakeside, MTRP, Iron Mountain, Black Mountain, Woodson, Lake Hodges, Penasquitos, Torrey Pines, Del Mar, and many more active areas in that radius. I fell asleep for a week or two, and now I can't keep an 11 mile radius cleared. But I still try (although not to the point of keeping me from taking a nice hike, or finding a cool puzzle). I have never clicked on the ignore button. Seems like cheating to me, but that's just 'cause I play the radius game with myself (I am, by the way, rather easily amused...). I use my mountain bike to get places faster than I can walk. But riding one those things uphill is for masochists... As for GoBolts!, he is sick and depraved and, frankly, we need alot more cachers like him!

...o Radius Slaves - A lot of geocachers seem to have a goal of clearing out an area of caches within a certain geographical radius of their house. I call them "radius slaves" because they are slaves to anyone who decides to drop a lame cache anywhere in that radius. Now I like to see a bubble of clear space around my "home" icon too, but I'm not rabid about it. When I have a chunk of time, I'd rather do a day trip to somewhere beyond my radius that is scenic. For example, I recently did a mountain bike trip in Daley Ranch in Escondido and it was way cool. Incidentally, I'm almost done clearing out a radius of 5 miles from my house, but I have a dozen or so on my ignore list. So, OK, OK, I'm a semi-radius slave too...

I'm working on a radius project, but for selfish reasons, I will not reveal any details :drama: .

The lame urban caches have their purpose. I bike home from work, at most, once a week from Downtown Diego to Lakeside for exercise, and to cache, of course. Which route do I take? It depends where the caches are sprinkled - duh :sad: . I've hit Lemon Groove, Spring Valley, La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, and the communities in/around Diego off Friars, University Ave, El Cajon Ave, and I-8. BTW, I'm looking for a bike buddy.

Edited by Chuy!
OBEY THE ARROW!!

I obeyed the arrow yesterday. The arrow is a sadist. It took me down into a canyon (actually, a canyonette), through a forest of pampas grass, through bushes, through, around, over, under some trees and when I arrived at GZ...

...I found that I could have walked to GZ on a 1.5 star trail. :sad::wub::drama:

Google Earth is your Friend. :sad:

...o Radius Slaves - A lot of geocachers seem to have a goal of clearing out an area of caches within a certain geographical radius of their house. I call them "radius slaves" because they are slaves to anyone who decides to drop a lame cache anywhere in that radius. Now I like to see a bubble of clear space around my "home" icon too, but I'm not rabid about it. When I have a chunk of time, I'd rather do a day trip to somewhere beyond my radius that is scenic. For example, I recently did a mountain bike trip in Daley Ranch in Escondido and it was way cool. Incidentally, I'm almost done clearing out a radius of 5 miles from my house, but I have a dozen or so on my ignore list. So, OK, OK, I'm a semi-radius slave too...

I'm working on a radius project, but for selfish reasons, I will not reveal any details :sad: .

The lame urban caches have their purpose. I bike home from work, at most, once a week from Downtown Diego to Lakeside for exercise, and to cache, of course. Which route do I take? It depends where the caches are sprinkled - duh :drama: . I've hit Lemon Groove, Spring Valley, La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, and the communities in/around Diego off Friars, University Ave, El Cajon Ave, and I-8. BTW, I'm looking for a bike buddy.

Hey, I never said the word "lame!" Saying that gets you covered with tomatoes. :sad: Anyhow, I don't have a lot of time to cache these days so when I do go, I like to be more selective. I can also be more selective because there are so many caches out there. :wub:
OBEY THE ARROW!!

The ARROW!! decides who goes and who stays, OBEY THE ARROW!!.

The real problem with maintaining an empty home-zone is those danged unknown caches. Luckily there's a PQ checkbox to ignore for that problem. Bwa-ha-ha!

Edited by SD Rowdies
OBEY THE ARROW!!

I obeyed the arrow yesterday. The arrow is a sadist. It took me down into a canyon (actually, a canyonette), through a forest of pampas grass, through bushes, through, around, over, under some trees and when I arrived at GZ...

...I found that I could have walked to GZ on a 1.5 star trail. :sad::wub::drama:

Google Earth is your Friend. :sad:

No wait, there's a Geocaching maxim - First find the cache and then find the trail to it.

OBEY THE ARROW!!

...I found that I could have walked to GZ on a 1.5 star trail. :drama::sad::sad:

Google Earth is your Friend. :wub:

Oh, yeah??? Where was Google Earth when I needed him? I'll tell you. He was back at the office, leaning back in a chair, eating bagels...

A true friend wouldn't abandon you just when you needed him most... :wub::wub:

At any given time, my Ignore List contains about 2 to 5 caches. There are three reasons that a cache could appear on my Ignore List:

1) There is very strong evidence that the cache is gone. This will be after an honest effort on my part to find it, and a long period of no finds and conversations with previous finders that indicate that, yea verily, the cache is AWOL. These leave my Ignore list one of three ways: Either someone finds it; the owner checks on it and confirms that it is there; or it gets archived. The last outcome is the most common. (I put these caches on my watchlist so that I see any logs that appear...)

2) The cache is not one that I will ever be able to do. An example of this ilk is "Yukon Diving". I have not the training or certification required to retrieve this cache safely and for various reasons, it is unlikely that I ever will.

3) The cache requires behaving in an illegal or unethical manner. Obviously, this is squishy ground, but for what it's worth, every cache that met this criteria has subsequently been archived for related reasons.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

o Radius Slaves - I have never been a radius slave. :sad:

o Web Cam caches - I agree with you here. On the couple of occasions when I was with Princess Toadstool and we tried to get the web cams to work, it was frustrating and a waste of time. I've never understood how they got included as Geo"caches." :drama: They have been fun when I have been with a group, but I don't include them in my PQs. idea.gif

o Ignore list - I don't use the Ignore List. Since I am not a "radius slave," I don't really have a need for it. Most of the time when I drive into town, I leave my GPSr off. If I am going caching in a particular area, I'll put all the caches in my GPSr. If the arrow is leading to a place I don't care to investigate :sad: , I'll keep driving. :sad:

o Cache maintenance - I have hidden 115 caches, however, most of them get found infrequently because they involve long hikes. When a cache doesn't get found very often, it doesn't need a lot of maintenance (although I have noticed some of my caches in the Horsethief area migrate at bit :sad:). When a cache of mine has had a problem, or if a cache has gone missing, I have Disabled it promptly. I have replaced containers on a few muggled caches, but have had to Archive other caches for different reasons. Sometimes I prefer hiding them to finding them. In fact, I hid three more today. :wub:

o Best mountain bike caching - The Hollenbeck Canyon area in Jamul is fun, espcially if you have two vehicles and you leave one at the bottom and then drive up to the top and start from there. There are lots of caches out there, and although it is getting warm in the East County, it was a beautiful day today. :wub:

o Go Bolts Caches - I don't think I have had the pleasure of finding one of these yet. I'm looking forward to it. :wub:

I'm working on a radius project, but for selfish reasons, I will not reveal any details :drama: .

The lame urban caches have their purpose. I bike home from work, at most, once a week from Downtown Diego to Lakeside for exercise, and to cache, of course. Which route do I take? It depends where the caches are sprinkled - duh :sad: . I've hit Lemon Groove, Spring Valley, La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, and the communities in/around Diego off Friars, University Ave, El Cajon Ave, and I-8. BTW, I'm looking for a bike buddy.

Hey, I never said the word "lame!" Saying that gets you covered with tomatoes. :wub: Anyhow, I don't have a lot of time to cache these days so when I do go, I like to be more selective. I can also be more selective because there are so many caches out there. :wub:

Hey TG, I was quoting RJ, not you :wub: .

BTW, I have never used the Ignore feature. It don't bother me one bit to drive by some caches :sad: .

Mtn bike, I also offer the Mtn Bike series in Ramona by Toby's Gang.

And I have four on the Rosarito-Ensenada bike route. If you join us on the September ride and take our tour group, beer is on me :sad: . Next ride is September 29th.

:drama::sad: Yeah....you sure l know how to perk up a thread! :sad: I'm gonna be good and just say: I love everyone's caches and I appreciate the effort and the contributions to the addiction of geocaching. The reason we have lame urban micros and Go Bolts! caches is so that everyone can participate...the young, the old, the fit, the fat, the puzzle-smart and the not-so-smart. Just Have fun!!! r/ JnJ

Cache maintenance - I have hidden 115 caches, however, most of them get found infrequently because they involve long hikes.

Tell me about it, between you and those two Geobabes Harmon needs a new pair of boots.

Say, you didn't do what I think you might have done at Widdle Hill, did you?

Edited by SD Rowdies
At any given time, my Ignore List contains about 2 to 5 caches. There are three reasons that a cache could appear on my Ignore List:

1) There is very strong evidence that the cache is gone. This will be after an honest effort on my part to find it, and a long period of no finds and conversations with previous finders that indicate that, yea verily, the cache is AWOL. These leave my Ignore list one of three ways: Either someone finds it; the owner checks on it and confirms that it is there; or it gets archived. The last outcome is the most common. (I put these caches on my watchlist so that I see any logs that appear...)

2) The cache is not one that I will never be able to do. An example of this ilk is "Yukon Diving". I have not the training or certification required to retrieve this cache safely and for various reasons, it is unlikely that I ever will.

3) The cache requires behaving in an illegal or unethical manner. Obviously, this is squishy ground, but for what it's worth, every cache that met this criteria has subsequently been archived for related reasons.

We don't really care if it is on top of a mountain, a night hike, a green cache, guardrail or LPC. It gets done since one of us is a radius ho. We've got about a dozen on the ignore list. The only reason a cache ends up on that list for us, is number 3 above.

There are a good dozen caches within our home area, around 10 miles, that you need to walk past huge signs that say "NO TRESPASSING" These signs are of such size and quantity, that it would be impossible to claim ignorance. None of those caches is worth spending a night in the hoosegow.

I'm working on a radius project, but for selfish reasons, I will not reveal any details :sad: . The lame urban caches have their purpose. I bike home from work, at most, once a week from Downtown Diego to Lakeside for exercise, and to cache, of course. Which route do I take? It depends where the caches are sprinkled - duh :wub: . I've hit Lemon Groove, Spring Valley, La Mesa, El Cajon, Santee, and the communities in/around Diego off Friars, University Ave, El Cajon Ave, and I-8. BTW, I'm looking for a bike buddy.

Hey, I never said the word "lame!" Saying that gets you covered with tomatoes. :sad: Anyhow, I don't have a lot of time to cache these days so when I do go, I like to be more selective. I can also be more selective because there are so many caches out there. :sad:

Hey TG, I was quoting RJ, not you :wub: . BTW, I have never used the Ignore feature. It don't bother me one bit to drive by some caches :sad: .
:drama: That came off wrong Chuy. I meant to sound like I was joking around... :wub: I've driven by them too.... :sad:

<big snip>

:ph34r::D Yeah....you sure l know how to perk up a thread! :) I'm gonna be good and just say: I love everyone's caches and I appreciate the effort and the contributions to the addiction of geocaching. The reason we have lame urban micros and Go Bolts! caches is so that everyone can participate...the young, the old, the fit, the fat, the puzzle-smart and the not-so-smart. Just Have fun!!! r/ JnJ

I'm with Jodi. I love everybody's caches. Except GoBolts!', his suck. :D:P:P:):D

D!

Edited by Duncan!
The real problem with maintaining an empty home-zone is those danged unknown caches.

Legend has it that, once upon a time, there were two local cachers who had a bet about who could reach a cleared radius of twenty miles first. Now it happens that one of the two cachers was much more diligent about clearing his radius. The other cacher saw this and he, to prevent the first cacher from succeeding in clearing 20 miles, would lob a puzzle bomb into the first cacher's cleared radius. He knew that the first cacher would be unable to resist the puzzle and this would buy him some time to catch up. Unfortunately, the first cacher was pretty good at solving puzzles and had a large pool of resources to draw upon when he was stumped. So there was nothing for the poor second cacher to do but to lob another, even harder, puzzle bomb in the direction of the first cacher. And thus the battle raged...

Now, as it would turn out, neither cacher managed to clear 20 miles and the second cacher moved away, but we are still left with the legacy of this battle. So, the next time you are pulling your hair out over one of Tucson Thompsen's little conundrums, be aware that it is all FlagMan's fault.

(Or so I've been told...)

:D:ph34r::P

<big snip>

:ph34r::P Yeah....you sure l know how to perk up a thread! :D I'm gonna be good and just say: I love everyone's caches and I appreciate the effort and the contributions to the addiction of geocaching. The reason we have lame urban micros and Go Bolts! caches is so that everyone can participate...the young, the old, the fit, the fat, the puzzle-smart and the not-so-smart. Just Have fun!!! r/ JnJ

I'm with Jodi. I love everybody's caches. Except GoBolts!', his suck. :D:P:):D:)

D!

Our M/O is to wander aimlessly! We download everything, choose a 'sort-of' route, and GO!

We skip some, find some, and dnf some.......it's a system! :D

After 5 1/2 yrs. it's still lots of fun for us, and Oh Man~~ the great people we have met!!!!

The Splashes :DB)

The real problem with maintaining an empty home-zone is those danged unknown caches.

Legend has it that, once upon a time, there were two local cachers who had a bet about who could reach a cleared radius of twenty miles first. Now it happens that one of the two cachers was much more diligent about clearing his radius. The other cacher saw this and he, to prevent the first cacher from succeeding in clearing 20 miles, would lob a puzzle bomb into the first cacher's cleared radius. He knew that the first cacher would be unable to resist the puzzle and this would buy him some time to catch up. Unfortunately, the first cacher was pretty good at solving puzzles and had a large pool of resources to draw upon when he was stumped. So there was nothing for the poor second cacher to do but to lob another, even harder, puzzle bomb in the direction of the first cacher. And thus the battle raged...

Now, as it would turn out, neither cacher managed to clear 20 miles and the second cacher moved away, but we are still left with the legacy of this battle. So, the next time you are pulling your hair out over one of Tucson Thompsen's little conundrums, be aware that it is all FlagMan's fault.

(Or so I've been told...)

:(:(:laughing:

But in the end, I beat him at his own game. Another of his goals was to clear ALL puzzle caches in SD County, and he had one left -- Gecko Dad's photo cache in the desert off S2, I think. So while he was busy getting that one, I lobbed To Be or Not To Be into his backyard... :lol: It really wasn't intentional, you see. But he had the entire Pacific Ocean as a buffer to the West -- I was surrounded by caches in all directions. I HAD to do SOMETHING, right?!? He ran out of time to get my final volley before leaving for NJ...

I'd like to make an announcement that is sure to please many and disappoint a few.

I have finally joined the Garmin crowd. Now I can be just like you. :(

Don’t worry you Magellin Heads out there; I still have a couple of those too.

Ok, now that should get some discussion going. :lol::laughing:

I'd like to make an announcement that is sure to please many and disappoint a few.

Ok, now that should get some discussion going. :lol::laughing:

One of the few times I cached with you it was Two Garmins vs. your one Magellan and you kept grabbing the caches. It was either better technology or your superior geosense. Welcome to the world of Garmin and don't look back.

Edited by "lostguy"

I have finally joined the Garmin crowd. Now I can be just like you. :lol:

Don't worry you Magellin Heads out there; I still have a couple of those too.

Ok, now that should get some discussion going. :(:(

One of the few times I cached with you it was Two Garmins vs. your one Magellan and you kept grabbing the caches. It was either better technology or your superior geosense. Welcome to the world of Garmin and don't look back.

I'm actually not from this planet. My brain is about 10 sizes bigger then the normal geocachers. :rolleyes: NOT :laughing:

You guys will have to give me some pointers next time we go caching together.

Edited by Toby's Gang

Ok, now that should get some discussion going. :(:laughing:

So, what'd you get?

Don't throw away the Magellans; they make good parking blocks :lol:

I have finally joined the Garmin crowd. Now I can be just like you. :rolleyes:

Ok, now that should get some discussion going. :laughing::lol:

:(:( It's Mother's Day...I just want to know how YOU managed to get a new toy? Hmmm..maybe there's a message here...like getting Jerry out of the house is a gift! :lol: Have fun with the new toy. Now you have no excuse!

Ok, now that should get some discussion going. :rolleyes::(

So, what'd you get?

Don't throw away the Magellans; they make good parking blocks :laughing:

Yea, what did you get Jerry? :lol: