The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hey Gang,

I was wondering if any of you could help out with some input...

At the GeocoinFest last month, we didn't have a column in the logbook for how many attended in each party/caching handle. I have a list of handles, and in some of them, they logged saying "we", but I'm not sure how many that was! :huh:

Anyway, here is a list of names that I wasn't sure about...if you know any of them, could you help me out? (Some of the signatures in the logbook were hard to make out, and there were not matching online logs...so forgive me if I messed any names up!)

Thanks!

3blackcats

4xnurse

AcjLady

Allinfun

bronco busters

Bronco Cacher

BroncoCacherJr

bthomas

C A Royal Flush

cache_in_pocket

Caching Chameleon

CachingCoins

CanyonHopper

capdude

capsbug

ClubChamp

coplite

Creativejoke

CTYankee9

DaMoose & Squirrel

DOCPT

dooley2001

DopeyDuck

Droo

DyerX4

Ed Bermud??

Famgeo

flaglady

Flute Face

gebskab

Geo-jer Betsy!

goofyguy24

grcarlson

Homies from AL

IEcachers.com

J_Lo

Jade Cachers

Jaded

Jared Loser

jbrunson & snoopcat

JJG10101

JM1372

Johnny Boy and DB Cooper

Katzylla

kwver

Lil Devil

lite_rod

Lostlad

MIBAlienHunter

mikedashg

ModelCitizen

Mojavewanderer

mondou2

not tom

over the arizona hill gang

Perthos

q22q17

Rad4Sand

Red Ryder

rgbgal

RoadRunner

Rockford Files

rockitbiker

Roxie Mama

S and B C

S*W*A*G

seaapple

ShamRider

sights2c

Spider Legder

SuperDave!

Team Perks

team snafu

Team Wyoming

TeamAirik

The 4 Splinters

The Lost Clan

The Phantom Cacher

TheDeviousMaxPower

TheKackler

TMOCM

tntc

tom4props

Two Socks!

Uncorked

VENONINI

Webfoot

wooddaus

WoolsonAbrams

zeber

zombie tribe

SuperDave!, Two Socks!, jaredloser, and Geo-jer Betsy! (should be Geo-K9-Betsy) are dad, mom, son and their geo dog; each have their own GC account.

CTYankee9 brought his significant other, who does not have a GC account - I don't think.

I saw kwver with his wife; I don't think she has a GC account also, but she makes most of the hard finds for kwver :huh: .

SuperDave!, Two Socks!, jaredloser, and Geo-jer Betsy! (should be Geo-K9-Betsy) are dad, mom, son and their geo dog; each have their own GC account.

CTYankee9 brought his significant other, who does not have a GC account - I don't think.

I saw kwver with his wife; I don't think she has a GC account also, but she makes most of the hard finds for kwver :huh: .

Thanks Chuy!

Inquiry: does anyone have a booklist mark of a cache run they have completed on a bicycle? (Mountain or road bike) I did the Sweetwater Bikepath last week before blowing out the front tyre and Tiffette#2 wants to join me.

I don't have it bookmarked, but search for "Bikencache" caches in Orange County.

I saw kwver with his wife; I don't think she has a GC account also, but she makes most of the hard finds for kwver :( .

Thanks Chuy!

Hey Dave try IEcachers

and the bay area cachers

some of those handles are from those 2 areas

I saw kwver with his wife; I don't think she has a GC account also, but she makes most of the hard finds for kwver :( .

Thanks Chuy!

Hey Dave try IEcachers

and the bay area cachers

some of those handles are from those 2 areas

Thank you my friend, I am going to hit those sites too!

BTW- I had to go to the church today for a meeting. While I was there, I decided to retrieve that cache that was un-published there. Sure enough, your name was the only one on the log! There was also a Unite for Diabetes TB in there as well, so I save that!

If there is anyone heading to Germany, that is where this bug needs to go!

C4

and don't forget that some people, like us, didn't want to stand in the line, so we never signed the logbook, only the online "attended".

Nicolo had a script he ran that gave me the names of everyone that logged online, I then went through and added all the names that were in the logbook, that hadn't logged online. I knew you were flying solo, so I had already marked you down as 1, and that is why your name isn't on the list.

Just one each for The Lost Clan and zeber. We had a blast!

Thanks for the info, and I'm glad you had fun!

I was there with my 3 bed Buddies :(

PS Don't believe anything Duncan! whispers in your ear at night...

PPS What happened at the even stays at the event!

Edited by GoBolts!

Howdy y'all Pepper here from Alvin, TX...I'm headed back to Cali! I guess I didn't get enough when I was there for the GeocoinFest. :( I'll be in SD proper with my husband for the MMS convention<ack> (Gas Lamp District?) he will be conventioning and I'll be caching! So my question is can anybody help me out with a few MUST DO caches while I'm in town. I'll be running my regular PQ's and hitten it hard but I do like to stop and smell the roses. I took a quick look and didn't see any events going on between March 25 and March 31...y'all got anything up your sleeves?

thanks in advance

Pepper

Howdy y'all Pepper here from Alvin, TX...I'm headed back to Cali! I guess I didn't get enough when I was there for the GeocoinFest. :( I'll be in SD proper with my husband for the MMS convention<ack> (Gas Lamp District?) he will be conventioning and I'll be caching! So my question is can anybody help me out with a few MUST DO caches while I'm in town. I'll be running my regular PQ's and hitten it hard but I do like to stop and smell the roses. I took a quick look and didn't see any events going on between March 25 and March 31...y'all got anything up your sleeves?

thanks in advance

Pepper

Hi Pepper, here ya go!

thanks in advance

Pepper

Hi Pepper, here ya go!

Hea TrailGators that's perfect thanks so much!

Pepper

thanks in advance

Pepper

Hi Pepper, here ya go!

Hea TrailGators that's perfect thanks so much!

Pepper

Hey,

Check out the San Diego Event thread

Hey all-

I just noticed Tecnu in the Costco Pharmacy. It's $4.85 for a bottle of it. Forgot to look at the size. If there is anyone that wants a bottle and is not a Costco member, I happen to know someone who works there :laughing: !

Robyn

:) Do they have it at all the Costco's? We need a case of it. John was home 1 day and he's covered with it. r/ jodi

:( Do they have it at all the Costco's? We need a case of it. John was home 1 day and he's covered with it. r/ jodi

Jodi, you need to have a talk with that boy...first he tries to freeze himself in the hills of western Nevada and then he comes home to where it's warm and rolls around in the poison oak...I wonder what he has planned for Act III? :rolleyes:;)

:( You're correct James: I'm a saint for putting up with whacko!

This is the Track and Profile of the "little" hike the SDCET took today . . . :laughing:

42ef723a-729a-46ff-b878-75b0e49141d9.jpg

It was lots of fun. :ph34r:

My thanks to Jahoadi for the lemonade after we returned to the vehicles . . . :ph34r: and to Richard for sharing his Gatorade. :D

Next time a "little hike" is on the schedule, I'll bring more water . . . ;)

This is the Track and Profile of the "little" hike the SDCET took today . . . :laughing:

42ef723a-729a-46ff-b878-75b0e49141d9.jpg

My thanks to Jahoadi for the lemonade after we returned to the vehicles . . . :D and to Richard for sharing his Gatorade. :D

Next time a "little hike" is on the schedule, I'll bring more water . . . ;)

Sounds like the SDCET is ready for El Cajon Mountain! (Please let me know when you are going... :ph34r: )

<snip>

My thanks to Jahoadi for the lemonade after we returned to the vehicles . . . ;) and to Richard for sharing his Gatorade. :D

Next time a "little hike" is on the schedule, I'll bring more water . . . :D

Thanks to Jahoadi and Jon for leading a great hike through some of the most awesome areas of ABDSP. The good news is that I'll be able to walk again sometime tomorow, thanks to Vitamin M(otrin). Great SDCET group today with a lot of natural leaders :ph34r:

So exactly how many miles did we go on Saturday. I've heard several estimates between 8 and 11.25 miles. BTW, I finally got me carne asada burrito on the way home...HEAVEN! :D
Miragee's final tracks showed 9.7 miles and about 1400 feet of vertical. I think it felt longer because of the heat. My GPS showed about the same thing. BTW those were some very nice photos that you posted in your log on Journey to Domelands. :angry:
I always seem to miss the Spring blooms out in the desert. Did I miss it again this year? :rolleyes:

If not, when is a good time, and where do you recommend going?

You didn't miss it. The Ocotillo buds were just starting to open when we were there on Saturday. So my guess would be to be out there the weekend of 3/31. Hopefully it won't be too hot.
I always seem to miss the Spring blooms out in the desert. Did I miss it again this year? :)

If not, when is a good time, and where do you recommend going?

You didn't miss it. The Ocotillo buds were just starting to open when we were there on Saturday. So my guess would be to be out there the weekend of 3/31. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

I disabled my San Luis Rey Trail until the arson investigation is over. The place has been crawling with police for the past few weeks. I would hate to have a fellow geocacher be questioned / suspected of arson! There are a few other caches in the area of the fires and they would be even worse to visit right now! FYI / CYA.

If they find any caches, they may be interested in contacting the most recent visitors.

I disabled my San Luis Rey Trail until the arson investigation is over. The place has been crawling with police for the past few weeks. I would hate to have a fellow geocacher be questioned / suspected of arson! There are a few other caches in the area of the fires and they would be even worse to visit right now! FYI / CYA.

It was an accident. Really! I was searching for those caches and couldn't find them. I thought a little fire might get rid of the excess brush and make the caches more visible <_<

It seems to only NOT work when I need to use it! :P

That being the case, I was wondering if you could avoid needing to use any PQs tomorrow evening? :unsure::rolleyes::)

(For what it's worth, I just ran a PQ. It took several minutes before it ran even though it was one that had not run in almost a year, but when it did run, the e-mail was almost instantaneous. As always, your mileage may vary...)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
It seems to only NOT work when I need to use it! :rolleyes:

That being the case, I was wondering if you could avoid needing to use any PQs tomorrow evening? :P:unsure::)

(For what it's worth, I just ran a PQ. It took several minutes before it ran even though it was one that had not run in almost a year, but when it did run, the e-mail was almost instantaneous. As always, your mileage may vary...)

Thanks James ~ I'll try again and see what happens, but neither one of them showed up in my e-mail yet and I know they ran because I checked them out.

Splashette :D

It seems to only NOT work when I need to use it! :P

That being the case, I was wondering if you could avoid needing to use any PQs tomorrow evening? B)B)B)

Thanks James ~ I'll try again and see what happens, but neither one of them showed up in my e-mail yet and I know they ran because I checked them out.

Splashette :P

The trick that worked for me is to copy the PQ you want and run the new copy. Seems a new PQ has a higher priority that established ones?

Yup . . . very strange, but that is how it works. Today I was at the library where the fast WiFi connection was really a treat compared to myslow dialup connection here at home. faint.gif

So, I ran five PQs. Four of them ran right away and I updated GSAK . . . but the fifth one, which hadn't run for a few days wasn't coming through . . . irked.gif

Not wanting to spend more time inside on such a nice day, I copied that PQ, set it to run once, today, and then be deleted, and it was in my InBox immediately. yes.gif

Yup . . . very strange, but that is how it works. Today I was at the library where the fast WiFi connection was really a treat compared to myslow dialup connection here at home. faint.gif

So, I ran five PQs. Four of them ran right away and I updated GSAK . . . but the fifth one, which hadn't run for a few days wasn't coming through . . . irked.gif

Not wanting to spend more time inside on such a nice day, I copied that PQ, set it to run once, today, and then be deleted, and it was in my InBox immediately. yes.gif

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I ran another one last night and it came right up!

The two from yesterday must be lost is cypber space somewhere............very wierd! :)

LLOT ~ I won't run any tonight, so the system probably will be working~~~~ :wub:

Splashette :wub:

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I ran another one last night and it came right up!

The two from yesterday must be lost is cypber space somewhere............very wierd! :wub:

LLOT ~ I won't run any tonight, so the system probably will be working~~~~ :wub:

Splashette :)

Speaking of things not working, has anyone tried the Jeeep.com coordinate translator lately? I have two puzzles solved in UTM, and the site won't translate them. Can anyone suggest a different site? :huh:

The two from yesterday must be lost is cypber space somewhere............very wierd! :wub:

Splashette :)

Speaking of things not working, has anyone tried the Jeeep.com coordinate translator lately? I have two puzzles solved in UTM, and the site won't translate them. Can anyone suggest a different site? :huh:

Do it on your GPS! ;) Edited by TrailGators
Hey all-

I just noticed Tecnu in the Costco Pharmacy. It's $4.85 for a bottle of it. Forgot to look at the size. If there is anyone that wants a bottle and is not a Costco member, I happen to know someone who works there :ph34r: !

Robyn

:ph34r: Do they have it at all the Costco's? We need a case of it. John was home 1 day and he's covered with it. r/ jodi

Hey Jodi!

Sorry I've been away from the forums for the past week. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know if your local Costco has it. If not, I can pick up a few bottles for you. My Hubby Steve gets it super easy - he can just be in the vicinity and he's got it!

Robyn :(

The two from yesterday must be lost is cypber space somewhere............very wierd! :)

LLOT ~ I won't run any tonight, so the system probably will be working~~~~ :)

Splashette :(

Speaking of things not working, has anyone tried the Jeeep.com coordinate translator lately? I have two puzzles solved in UTM, and the site won't translate them. Can anyone suggest a different site? :ph34r:

Do it on your GPS! :ph34r:

Doh! I guess I really should read my GPS manual! :( Thank you so much!

By the way, I got Tecnu in Wal-Mart.

Hey all-

I just noticed Tecnu in the Costco Pharmacy. It's $4.85 for a bottle of it. Forgot to look at the size. If there is anyone that wants a bottle and is not a Costco member, I happen to know someone who works there :D !

Robyn

:D Do they have it at all the Costco's? We need a case of it. John was home 1 day and he's covered with it. r/ jodi

Hey Jodi!

Sorry I've been away from the forums for the past week. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know if your local Costco has it. If not, I can pick up a few bottles for you. My Hubby Steve gets it super easy - he can just be in the vicinity and he's got it!

Robyn :D

I checked it out at Costco today and found that it falls under a generic item number and can be ordered through the Pharmacy if it's not in stock. What's cool is that you do not have to be a member to purchase pharmacy items!

Robyn

Hey all-

I just noticed Tecnu in the Costco Pharmacy. It's $4.85 for a bottle of it. Forgot to look at the size. If there is anyone that wants a bottle and is not a Costco member, I happen to know someone who works there :D !

Robyn

:D Do they have it at all the Costco's? We need a case of it. John was home 1 day and he's covered with it. r/ jodi

:D Thanks Robyn. The Costco I went to didn't have a clue what it was. I guess I'll have to head up to that fancy one in Poway!!!!!

Hey Jodi!

Robyn :D

I checked it out at Costco today and found that it falls under a generic item number and can be ordered through the Pharmacy if it's not in stock. What's cool is that you do not have to be a member to purchase pharmacy items!

Robyn