The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Wow, almost 11000 posts! This must be a record-breaking thread, at least in the regional forums! :D:D:D:D
Wow, almost 11000 posts! This must be a record-breaking thread, at least in the regional forums! B):D:DB):laughing:
partysmiley018ru7.gifpartysmiley017vt6.gifpartysmiley018ru7.gifpartysmiley017vt6.gifpartysmiley018ru7.gifpartysmiley017vt6.gif

This is like E-Bay. I feel like waiting until the last second and then making my post.

turtlele8.gifturtlele8.gifturtlele8.gif

Wait for it...

OK, NOW!!!!!

Yahooo! Go San Diego Cachers! B) (hehe, scored the 11000th reply!!) Edited by TFTC
Wow, almost 11000 posts! This must be a record-breaking thread, at least in the regional forums! :D:DB):D
Wow, almost 11000 posts! This must be a record-breaking thread, at least in the regional forums! B):D:D:D:laughing:
partysmiley018ru7.gifpartysmiley017vt6.gifpartysmiley018ru7.gifpartysmiley017vt6.gifpartysmiley018ru7.gifpartysmiley017vt6.gif

This is like E-Bay. I feel like waiting until the last second and then making my post.

You must not have discovered esnipe.com yet.

Hello San Diego Cachers,

I'll be headed to Norfolk, VA to start my 1-month training track for an Individual Augmentation (IA) in Baghdad, Iraq for 9-months....I never thought a NAVY guy would be wearing an Army uniform and carrying a weapon on the dirt (vice ocean)....

If you have any TBs or Geo-Coins that need to make it to the East coast (Norfolk or Washington DC) or Iraq let me know via email or PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Rob (ea6bflyr :laughing:)

Hello San Diego Cachers,

I'll be headed to Norfolk, VA to start my 1-month training track for an Individual Augmentation (IA) in Baghdad, Iraq for 9-months....I never thought a NAVY guy would be wearing an Army uniform and carrying a weapon on the dirt (vice ocean)....

If you have any TBs or Geo-Coins that need to make it to the East coast (Norfolk or Washington DC) or Iraq let me know via email or PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Rob (ea6bflyr :D )

:laughing: Take care Rob. Be safe and let your wife know any geocacher will gladly help her while you're gone! My offer for the best chocolate chip cookies still stands....just send your address! Thanks for your service! r/ jodi and john

Edited by jahoadi and john

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :D)

Godspeed and safe return!

It looks as if there will be some "interesting" caching opportunities while you are over there. Here are some excerpts from a few Iraqi cache descriptions... (I had picked up a TB that had just returned from Iraq and I wondered what the caching was like... :D ) As you see, it's a bit different from micros under lampskirts...

Be very careful, broken glass, debris, and security.
It also qualifies for moderately dangerous. There’s a lot of high horse-powered and heavily armored vehicles crossing on top. The side approach is a little precarious. The waterborne approach is probably infested with diseases, snakes and those worm things that go up your rectum.
When at the cache site, you can imagine some old Iraqi Republican Guard trying to fight with the battle tanks of the 3rd ID that came through this area.
GENERAL RULES FOR CACHING IN IRAQ: This cache is in a war zone. It is on a coalition controlled installation; you will need "credentials" to gain access to the area or you may contact the Public Affairs office for Multi National Forces Iraq (MNFI). Mortars and rockets impact near it. Do not post logs that give any references to what is around it; this might help the rocketeers aim a little better.

Good luck and Godspeed!

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :lol: )

Ditto! You'll always have my support. :D

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :D )

Ditto! You'll always have my support. :lol:

Be safe, watch your six.

MCPO Ret (SKILLET)

My understanding of this is that you can't have the program linked to the cache page, but it's OK if a puzzle cache requires some special software so long as its readily available. That way the cacher can decide whether or not to download it. Static is an example of that...

My understanding of this is that you can't have the program linked to the cache page, but it's OK if a puzzle cache requires some special software so long as its readily available. That way the cacher can decide whether or not to download it. Static is an example of that...

:D Got any other examples Flagman?????

I like your understanding Tom. Static uses a readily available software as well as many other puzzles, which will remain nameless. :D
Well, that sucks. I've seen many caches that require buying a GPSr and installing software and downloading maps and gpx files. :D
:lol::lol::lol::) I'm going to have to borrow this line...... :D Edited by TrailGators

The GeoBabes and their chore-boy Harmon had quite an experience today. Harmon's log had me cracking up so much I changed the name of the cache! Well, more liked added a couple of words...

Coronado Pooper-Pump Puzzle Blocker

Smell ya later!

D!

Duncan! somehow I feel honored, I stink. Wait, that's not right, ... I mean "I think."

That's some pooper pump, you can actually hear the "lumps" passing through. When the odor first hit us we started eyeing one another suspiciously but then the Geobabes pinched their noses and pointed their fingers at me right away. Why is ever'body always pickin' on me?

Makes y' wonder about them other finders. Nobody noticed it but us.

Poor ol' Harmon

Chore-boy huh? Why I oughta ....

Edited by SD Rowdies

The GeoBabes and their chore-boy Harmon had quite an experience today. Harmon's log had me cracking up so much I changed the name of the cache! Well, more liked added a couple of words...

Smell ya later!

D!

Duncan! somehow I feel honored, I stink. Wait, that's not right, ... I mean "I think."

That's some pooper pump, you can actually hear the "lumps" passing through. When the odor first hit us we started eyeing one another suspiciously but then the Geobabes pinched their noses and pointed their fingers at me right away.

Why is ever'body always pickin' on me?

Poor ol' Harmon

They only pick on you because they like you. :cool:

Smell ya later!

D!

That's some pooper pump, you can actually hear the "lumps" passing through. When the odor first hit us we started eyeing one another suspiciously but then the Geobabes pinched their noses and pointed their fingers at me right away.

Poor ol' Harmon

Thanks for your support Dave,

The honest truth is that it often takes months for me to train a person to pick on me. The best ones catch on right away and I love it.

Harmon

Smell ya later!

D!

Poor ol' Harmon

Thanks for your support Dave,

The honest truth is that it often takes months for me to train a person to pick on me. The best ones catch on right away and I love it.

Harmon

That reminds me....

Have you been caching at the rodeo lately Harmon? :cool:

ac09acb8-6c2d-4e36-81cf-ab931ce32b2c.jpg

Smell ya later!

D!

That's some pooper pump, you can actually hear the "lumps" passing through. When the odor first hit us we started eyeing one another suspiciously but then the Geobabes pinched their noses and pointed their fingers at me right away. Why is ever'body always pickin' on me?

Poor ol' Harmon

"That's some pooper pump, you can actually hear the "lumps" passing through." :cool::cool:

There is no way that we could've missed that. :wub:

If you haven't nominated your favorite caches of 2006...you'd better hurry up!

I'll bump Showstop's thread with the link. We are going to host the awards at the event next month, it would be nice to see some local caches in the running!

Dave, did you ever post the link where we are supposed to vote?

Here is the link posted in one of the logs on the event page.

Edit to add one of the rules:

• Nominations MUST be submitted no later then Jan 31 to be counted. You have about 2 hours left.

Edited by Toby's Gang

I'll bump Showstop's thread with the link. We are going to host the awards at the event next month, it would be nice to see some local caches in the running!

• Nominations MUST be submitted no later then Jan 31 to be counted. You have about 2 hours left.

Too late.... :blink:

Smell ya later!

D!

Poor ol' Harmon

"That's some pooper pump, you can actually hear the "lumps" passing through." :blink::wub:

There is no way that we could've missed that. ;)

Do I have to teach you young guys everything? ... put your ear to the pipe for cryin' out loud.

Hi all, lowracer's baby boy here... Dad (lowracer) is moving us to San Diego from my birthplace of Wichita and wanted to know where y'all hung out online, looks like this is the place. Dad's account (lowracer) is not able to post to the forums due to a clerical or technical error that has defied all attempts to fix it, so he sent me in here, even though I'm only 6months old today and just learnt how to type.

Anyway, he'd appreciate a warm southern California welcome. It's not easy moving to a new city and a new job, but he knows he'll have something to do on the weekends besides feedings and diaper changes. I've already found one cache myself, though I was too young to log it at the time. Now that I can type, I'll probably go log that one now.

BTW he's planning to be at the Geocoin event, if he can make it.

-sky boo

aka "lowracers_baby"

Hi all, lowracer's baby boy here... Dad (lowracer) is moving us to San Diego from my birthplace of Wichita and wanted to know where y'all hung out online, looks like this is the place. Dad's account (lowracer) is not able to post to the forums due to a clerical or technical error that has defied all attempts to fix it, so he sent me in here, even though I'm only 6months old today and just learnt how to type.

Anyway, he'd appreciate a warm southern California welcome. It's not easy moving to a new city and a new job, but he knows he'll have something to do on the weekends besides feedings and diaper changes. I've already found one cache myself, though I was too young to log it at the time. Now that I can type, I'll probably go log that one now.

-sky boo

aka "lowracers_baby"

Welcome lowracer and lowracers_baby! You will really like it here! I moved out here with my family from the last place we lived (northern Illinois) 10 years ago, and we have no plans to ever move back to coldland! :(

-sky boo

aka "lowracers_baby"

Welcome! You've quite a few caches to find out here. I hope you like puzzles. Hey, sky boo, if ya wanna make some money, you can type in my log entries, it's mostly cut and paste anyway! :(

Team Exclamtion has been talking about an event at the Brew House in La Jolla...

Again, welcome!

D!

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :anicute: )

Ditto! You'll always have my support. :(

Be safe, watch your six.

MCPO Ret (SKILLET)

Thanks everyone, I WILL be careful....I'll also post a pic or two of my "adventures" over there.

ea6bflyr :anicute:

-sky boo

aka "lowracers_baby"

Welcome lowracer and lowracers_baby! You will really like it here! I moved out here with my family from the last place we lived (northern Illinois) 10 years ago, and we have no plans to ever move back to coldland! :(

Being native born and brewed here in SD we've been trying to send him back for a long time :anicute: Welcome to the family! Some of the best cachers in the world live here!!!!

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :anicute: )

Ditto! You'll always have my support. :(

Be safe, watch your six.

MCPO Ret (SKILLET)

Thanks everyone, I WILL be careful....I'll also post a pic or two of my "adventures" over there.

ea6bflyr :anicute:

Keep that Prowler in one piece. Best of luck to you.

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :) )

Ditto! You'll always have my support. :)

Be safe, watch your six.

MCPO Ret (SKILLET)

ea6bflyr ;)

Too bad I won't be FLYING....Ill be doing a ground job :) (hence the Army Uniform reference above). But it's a VERY IMPORTANT ground job B)

ea6bflyr ;)

Hello San Diego Cachers,

Rob (ea6bflyr :) )

Ditto! You'll always have my support. :)

Be safe, watch your six.

MCPO Ret (SKILLET)

ea6bflyr ;)

Too bad I won't be FLYING....Ill be doing a ground job :) (hence the Army Uniform reference above). But it's a VERY IMPORTANT ground job B)

ea6bflyr ;)

O, so you're the guy that kicks the tires on the Prowlers.

Too bad I won't be FLYING....Ill be doing a ground job :huh: (hence the Army Uniform reference above). But it's a VERY IMPORTANT ground job :D

ea6bflyr :D

O, so you're the guy that kicks the tires on the Prowlers.

I wish...but I'll be nowhere near my platform :D But After this I should be heading back up to Whidbey to fly again. :D

ea6bflyr

Too late.... :laughing:

I actually nominated a few, best CITO cache- GCTXYA, best Event - GCXNE8, a couple for best Earthcache and a couple for best Educational cache.

The Fossillady

I actually nominated a few, best CITO cache- GCTXYA, best Event - GCXNE8, a couple for best Earthcache and a couple for best Educational cache.

Where do we go to vote????? Does anybody have a link to that?

It would be nice to see some of our caches and events get something!

Thanks to Fossilady for nominating our caches!

Splashette

The Fossillady

The Fossillady

Thanks to Fossilady for nominating our caches!

Splashette

It's too late to vote. I guess the link was in someone's log on the event page. I checked the event page but never noticed the link either. Oh well, there's always next year! :laughing:

Just a heads up...they'll be airing our bit on geocaching on Fox 6 news on Monday, Feb 5th at 10p.m.

Now...if I can stay up that late..I'll be good. I'm usually in bed by 9. :laughing: However, if I'm lucky, I believe she said they'll be posting it to the web as well. :laughing:

I have been hearing commercials on the radio today for this...

It's too late to vote. I guess the link was in someone's log on the event page. I checked the event page but never noticed the link either. Oh well, there's always next year! :laughing:

It's too late to nominate, but it shouldn't be too late to vote, at least not according to the timeline posted on the "Best of SoCal" thread...

Here is the timeline for the awards:

Nominations - Begin Dec 29 and continue through Jan 31, 2007

Voting - Online ballots will begin Feb 2 and close on Feb 15

Awards - To be issued at the Temecula Valley Event on Feb 18, 2007

It's too late to nominate, but it shouldn't be too late to vote, at least not according to the timeline posted on the "Best of SoCal" thread...

Here is the timeline for the awards:

Nominations - Begin Dec 29 and continue through Jan 31, 2007

Voting - Online ballots will begin Feb 2 and close on Feb 15

Awards - To be issued at the Temecula Valley Event on Feb 18, 2007

This thing wasn't well publicized. There have only been four responses to that thread, so I never noticed it. Anyhow, here is the link for the thread. Edited by TrailGators

Just a heads up...they'll be airing our bit on geocaching on Fox 6 news on Monday, Feb 5th at 10p.m.

Now...if I can stay up that late..I'll be good. I'm usually in bed by 9. :laughing: However, if I'm lucky, I believe she said they'll be posting it to the web as well. :laughing:

They've been running promos since Friday too. I haven't heard the radio piece. Do you hear my son talking on the radio promo? The reported contacted me on Saturday and told me that the piece turned out really nice. We''ll see. Now I'm nervous. :laughing:

They've been running promos since Friday too. I haven't heard the radio piece. Do you hear my son talking on the radio promo? The reported contacted me on Saturday and told me that the piece turned out really nice. We''ll see. Now I'm nervous. :laughing:

I have my Tivo set so I don't miss it.

I have my Tivo set so I don't miss it.

It's on right after my favorite show, 24! So I shouldn't miss it! :laughing:

My supervisor called me this morning at 0630 and told me he hear it on the radio, I'm going to set my cox dvr now. :laughing::laughing:

I have the radio on at work so I hear it every hour or two. Yes, I hear a couple words from your son in the promo. The bad is that I think they start the promo mentioning "Buried Treasure".... :laughing: