The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Merry Christmas from snowy Colorado!

fa7dc767-d0c8-4373-960e-503f6f434054.jpg

MERRY SNOWY CHRISTMAS RIGHT BACK AT THE ROCKET FAMILY. WE STILL MISS YOU GUYS.

CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T GARAGE THE JEEP!

NOT TO BE MISSED, WE WISH ALL THE SAN DIEGO CACHERS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO.

GOD BLESS,

$KIMMER AND THE VULTURE.

anyone out there have the patch or know where to get it for geocaching in google earth???? had a small computer glitch and need to patch, i think, to see the geocaches.

Steve-

I believe you are looking for the Google Earth KML. You can download it from:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/google.aspx

-GD

Clarification. The link is informational. As it describes, you need to go to your "My Account" page and, as a premium user, you will see the download link about half way down the right hand side.

-GD

anyone out there have the patch or know where to get it for geocaching in google earth???? had a small computer glitch and need to patch, i think, to see the geocaches.

Steve-

I believe you are looking for the Google Earth KML. You can download it from:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/google.aspx

-GD

Clarification. The link is informational. As it describes, you need to go to your "My Account" page and, as a premium user, you will see the download link about half way down the right hand side.

-GD

thanks don <_<

_______O

______OOO

_____OOOOO

____OOOOOOO

___OOOOOOOOO

__OOOOOOOOOOO

_OOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

________O

________O

________O

_______________<_<:D:D:D:D:D:D:santa:

Happy Holidays All!!! John&Jess

No one guessed at this one... :D

~Jess

O, Christmas tree, O Christmas tree.....................

Edited by pqcachers

_______O

______OOO

_____OOOOO

____OOOOOOO

___OOOOOOOOO

__OOOOOOOOOOO

_OOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

________O

________O

________O

_______________ :D<_<:D:D:D:D:D:D

~Jess

O! :D

Sweet! We were so proud of setting up that ugly little tree, we just wanted to know that someone noticed... :D:D

Sooo... if anybody has any spare time before they have to put away the Holiday decorations... :D

Enjoy!!

:D:D:D

_______O

______OOO

_____OOOOO

____OOOOOOO

___OOOOOOOOO

__OOOOOOOOOOO

_OOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

________O

________O

________O

_______________ <_<:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

~Jess

O! :D

Sweet! We were so proud of setting up that ugly little tree, we just wanted to know that someone noticed... :D:D

Sooo... if anybody has any spare time before they have to put away the Holiday decorations... :D

Enjoy!!

:D:D:D

Thanks! One good turn deserves another so here is a link to Riddle of Riddles! B) This should keep you busy until well after the tree is put away! I am still working on the first set of 100... :D
I started the New Year with some Poison Oak. :signalviolin:

What is the best stuff to buy as a treatment for it?

Ha! Ha! :anitongue:;):anitongue:

Oh, sorry, I use Tecnu. That seems to have worked pretty well when I got Poison Oak.

Tecnu works BEFORE (itch itch) you get it. I need (itch itch) to know (itch itch) what works the best AFTER you get it (itch itch)...

Oh, sorry, I use Tecnu. That seems to have worked pretty well when I got Poison Oak.

Tecnu works BEFORE (itch itch) you get it. I need (itch itch) to know (itch itch) what works the best AFTER you get it (itch itch)...

A steriod shot...

A steriod shot...

Thanks, my neighbor got it really bad. So I'll tell him to go get a shot. He thinks he got it from petting Richard's dog which after it ran through a bunch of PO. I don't have it that bad to warrant going to the Doctor, so what is the best OTC solution?
I started the New Year with some Poison Oak. :D

Ha! Ha! :D:D:D

A steriod shot...

Thanks, my neighbor got it really bad. So I'll tell him to go get a shot. He thinks he got it from petting Richard's dog which after it ran through a bunch of PO. I don't have it that bad to warrant going to the Doctor, so what is the best OTC solution?

:D John fell down out in Hollenbeck and rolled down the bank. Every spot of his body that hit the ground now has fresh patches...his neck ( front and back), wrist, belly, face, forearm. Dr gave him some kind of cream, but it doesn't work. It gets worse every time he gets it now ..or so it seems.

A steriod shot...

:D John fell down out in Hollenbeck and rolled down the bank. Every spot of his body that hit the ground now has fresh patches...his neck ( front and back), wrist, belly, face, forearm. Dr gave him some kind of cream, but it doesn't work. It gets worse every time he gets it now ..or so it seems.

My sister in Maryland sent me some stuff called "Ivy Dry" to try. It works fairly well but I can't find it out here and I don't want to bug her to keep sending it to me. Plus she probably would wonder why I keep getting PO. Of course she knows that PO has never stopped me from having some fun. :D

A steriod shot...

My sister in Maryland sent me some stuff called "Ivy Dry" to try. It works fairly well but I can't find it out here and I don't want to bug her to keep sending it to me. Plus she probably would wonder why I keep getting PO. Of course she knows that PO has never stopped me from having some fun. :D

:D I am just trying to deal with the itching. I know it goes away after about 10 days (I've only had PO 15 times in the last year and a half). You would not believe how much I have right now and how many different parts of my torso I have it on (darn gratfuldad and his cache, but I was FTF!). The ointment I have has 0.2% Hydrocortisone Valerate in it. I do believe that the steroid shot (which I got one other time) works. The good thing is that it does not spread by itching it (as long as you have neutralized all the oil by washing with soap and water). Happy New Year Pat!! :D

Hey gang,

Just wanted to drop a note...

This year, at the Temecula event, we are hosting the "Best of Southern California Cache Awards" ceremony. This is something Showstop has been doing for the Southern California group for several years now.

Since our event has been drawing a large number of people from Southern California, I was asked if they could have some time at the event to make the presentations there. I happily agreed.

So, sometime soon, he will be posting a notice in the Southwest Forums announcing that the nomination period is open. Make sure you participate and nominate your favorite caches for the appropriate categories. Nominations will remain open until the last week of January.

At that point, he will create a bookmark of all the nomiated caches, and post an online voting ballot. I'd like to encourage everyone to visit as many caches as possible that are on the final list, and cast your vote before the event.

Voting will end the Friday before the event, and the winners will be announced at the event.

Sounds like some group caching road trips need to be planned for January! :D

Thanks Dave. I just posted up the info in another thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=152421

I've only been able to sample a few of the caches that SD has to offer, but they were pretty awesome. My first underground cache was from SD. I'd like to see you guys take home some of the awards categories, so get your nominations in there for the caches and ask everybody you know to vote in February. See ya at the Temecula event. Thanks! :D

A steriod shot...

You can order it online http://www.ivydry.com/

A steriod shot...

You can order it online http://www.ivydry.com/

Thanks! I know I can but I was hoping to find the California equivalent at the local drugstore. Or maybe somebody knew about something even better!
:D I am just trying to deal with the itching. I know it goes away after about 10 days (I've only had PO 15 times in the last year and a half). You would not believe how much I have right now and how many different parts of my torso I have it on (darn gratfuldad and his cache, but I was FTF!). The ointment I have has 0.2% Hydrocortisone Valerate in it. I do believe that the steroid shot (which I got one other time) works. The good thing is that it does not spread by itching it (as long as you have neutralized all the oil by washing with soap and water). Happy New Year Pat!! :D
Sorry to hear about your PO John. I know it can literally be a royal PITA! :D You sound like you have it really bad like my neighbor. He was starting a new job today. So tell me that Murphy doesn't exist! :D Anyhow, Happy New Year John!

A steriod shot...

fingernails! :D

A steriod shot...

Thanks Carol! :D

A steriod shot...

Thanks Carol! :D

Try the Poison Sumac in Secret Canyon. I will take your mind off of the Poison Oak, I guarantee.

Ms. LLOT and I seem to have avoided your fate. (Not sure how...)

Have you tried sanding it off? Some 60 grit paper should take it down real quickly. :D

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

Have you tried sanding it off? Some 60 grit paper should take it down real quickly. :D

I am one of those people that gets it really easy. Anyhow, with all these suggestions of sitting in a doctor's office for two hours to get a shot with a six inch needle or scratching it with sharp fingernails or sanding it off with coarse sandpaper, I am suddenly feeling much better! :D But I do own a power belt sander that I could loan to John or Dennis (my neighbor)! :D:D Edited by TrailGators

I am one of those people that gets it really easy. Anyhow, with all these suggestions of sitting in a doctor's office for two hours to get a shot with a six inch needle or scratching it with sharp fingernails or sanding it off with coarse sandpaper, I am suddenly feeling much better! :D But I do own a power belt sander that I could loan to John or Dennis (my neighbor)! :D:D

You might try Oak N Ivy Calagel. I got a free sample once with a large bottle of Tecnu I bought, and it does seem to help dry it up, and stop the itch. I was never bothered by PO until last year, when accumulated exposure over the years finally did me in. Now I carry Tecnu in the Jeep and use it immediately following any exposure--and as a prophylaxis. I think you can get it OTC as well as online at places like drugstore.com

I am one of those people that gets it really easy. Anyhow, with all these suggestions of sitting in a doctor's office for two hours to get a shot with a six inch needle or scratching it with sharp fingernails or sanding it off with coarse sandpaper, I am suddenly feeling much better! :D But I do own a power belt sander that I could loan to John or Dennis (my neighbor)! :D:D
You might try Oak N Ivy Calagel. I got a free sample once with a large bottle of Tecnu I bought, and it does seem to help dry it up, and stop the itch. I was never bothered by PO until last year, when accumulated exposure over the years finally did me in. Now I carry Tecnu in the Jeep and use it immediately following any exposure--and as a prophylaxis. I think you can get it OTC as well as online at places like drugstore.com
Thanks! One of the problems I run into is that the oils get on my clothing. So even if I wipe it off with Tecnu or something I inadvertantly get the oils on me later. Edited by TrailGators