The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

There's an outside chance that TT might swing through the SD area sometime this weekend. :(

Its official, and I've arranged for a get together Sunday afternoon at 4 pm in the Pacific Beach area. Too late for an event cache (need a minimum of 2-week's notice), so no smiley for attending. But definitely a golden opportunity to pick the master's brain and get all those puzzle clues you have been needing...

The precise location will be left in the Chapter and Verse cache later this week (quite appropriate, don't you think?). For any puzzle-challenged cachers out there, feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail for the location...

There's an outside chance that TT might swing through the SD area sometime this weekend. :laughing:

Its official, and I've arranged for a get together Sunday afternoon at 4 pm in the Pacific Beach area. Too late for an event cache (need a minimum of 2-week's notice), so no smiley for attending. But definitely a golden opportunity to pick the master's brain and get all those puzzle clues you have been needing...

The precise location will be left in the Chapter and Verse cache later this week (quite appropriate, don't you think?). For any puzzle-challenged cachers out there, feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail for the location...

Tell him hi for me ,going to Lake Havasu Friday till Monday, got 15 caches to do there plus there's the lake. If you got time bring him to my new S.C.U.M.

Thanks Tom.

WTF

Funny how California's best can find things the rest of us think are missing.

;);):)B):)B)B):)

I heard from a reliable source that current #1 cachers often drop off "gophers" to find their caches. My source talked to one of these "gophers" and the gopher told them that when there is a park with caches in it, that they drop him off and he finds all the caches in the park and puts their stickers in them..... B)

Edited by TrailGators
WTF

B):);)B):)B):lol:B)

I heard from a reliable source that current #1 cachers often drop off "gophers" to find their caches. My source talked to one of these "gophers" and the gopher told them that when there is a park with caches in it, that they drop him off and he finds all the caches in the park and puts their stickers in them..... ;)

I just heard from your source as well. I am going to check the paper logs of my recently found caches this weekend. Of course . . . being the trusting soul that I am, I fully expect to find no discrepancies. But if I do, I can at least eliminate my caches from the list of "finds".

Speaking, of course, as the trusting soul I am . . . :)

WTF

Funny how California’s best can find things the rest of us think are missing.

;):);):)B)B):)B)

Ok...

I know have proof (from logs...or lack of logs) and eye witnesses...that this group split up and did not find all of the caches they say they found.

What should be done?

Edited by GoBolts!
WTF

B)B):):););):)B)

I heard from a reliable source that current #1 cachers often drop off "gophers" to find their caches. My source talked to one of these "gophers" and the gopher told them that when there is a park with caches in it, that they drop him off and he finds all the caches in the park and puts their stickers in them.....

Well, there goes my idea of getting some hired help from Home Depot for some of those longer hikes... B)

WTF

I heard from a reliable source that current #1 cachers often drop off "gophers" to find their caches. My source talked to one of these "gophers" and the gopher told them that when there is a park with caches in it, that they drop him off and he finds all the caches in the park and puts their stickers in them.....

Well, there goes my idea of getting some hired help from Home Depot for some of those longer hikes... B)

How about renting one of these...... :lol:

hot%20air%20balloon.gif

WTF

Actually, I see nothing wrong with it as long as you use the help to transport you, while you yourself make the find. May I suggest something like this . . .

2212.jpg

Sure would make the next trip up El Cajon Mountain a lot easier :lol:

Edited by Snake & Rooster
WTF

Actually, I see nothing wrong with it as long as you use the help to transport you, while you yourself make the find. May I suggest something like this . . .

2212.jpg

Sure would make the next trip up El Cajon Mountain a lot easier :lol:

That looks like a good idea, but do they make a convertible model? :lol:

WTF

:ph34r::)B):o:o:):oB)

Well, there goes my idea of getting some hired help from Home Depot for some of those longer hikes... :o

2212.jpg

Sure would make the next trip up El Cajon Mountain a lot easier ;)

That looks like a good idea, but do they make a convertible model? :D

Why, yes! They do! Hear is an example of a ragtop sedan chair that might be cooler in the El Cajon heat . .

Sedan_chai_m1066322.jpg

There's an outside chance that TT might swing through the SD area sometime this weekend. :o

The location has been posted. See you all there!

WTF

Funny how California’s best can find things the rest of us think are missing.

:):oB);):ph34r::o:o:o

Ok...

I know have proof (from logs...or lack of logs) and eye witnesses...that this group split up and did not find all of the caches they say they found.

What should be done?

I have decided to become the greatest cacher to ever evolve from the San Diego area. I will no longer be actively looking for caches but if all the San Diego area cachers that happen to find a cache will please sign my name to the log and then email so I will know which caches I have actually found then I am certain I will reach the elite status of over 10,000 finds soon. Thanks for your assistance in helping one of own taking over as the nations top cacher by whatever means necessary.

WTF

:):oB):):ph34r::o:o;)

Ok...

What should be done?

I have decided to become the greatest cacher to ever evolve from the San Diego area. I will no longer be actively looking for caches but if all the San Diego area cachers that happen to find a cache will please sign my name to the log and then email so I will know which caches I have actually found then I am certain I will reach the elite status of over 10,000 finds soon. Thanks for your assistance in helping one of own taking over as the nations top cacher by whatever means necessary.

I thought we were already doing that for TFTC.... :o

WTF

:);)B):D:ph34r::o:o:)

Ok...

What should be done?

I thought we were already doing that for TFTC.... :o

Hehe, I wonder what my real find count is by now? :o

WTF

:blink::):o:):blink::):D:)

Ok...

What should be done?

I thought we were already doing that for TFTC.... :D

Hehe, I wonder what my real find count is by now? :blink:

:D Add our 1900 to your count :D

Just getting reafy to jet to the airport for my flight out West tonight, and I'd thought I'd run a PQ just to see what was new around my old place cache-wise.

dadgum.

When I left in July '05, I had a radius of my top 20 caches out to 22.1 miles.

The top 500 nearest to my old house now only goes out to 12.5 miles.

How am I ever going to be able to clear that in one weekend?

It'll be great to see whomever shows up on Sunday! Looking forward to it.

And as with all "TT sightings in the field", bring your puzzle cache questions. I usually answer all of them.

--TT--

:)

I'd love too. For a long time I dated a man who he and his family were my geo caching buddies. Now I'm on my own and really enjoy searching out the challenging ones with other people. So If I can get to know some of you all...it could be very nice for me.

Suzanne

aka zanners :D

Go to the San Diego Cache Event Thread. There are generally folks getting together every weekend to tackle caches all over the county. A great group of people.

:)

I'd love too. For a long time I dated a man who he and his family were my geo caching buddies. Now I'm on my own and really enjoy searching out the challenging ones with other people. So If I can get to know some of you all...it could be very nice for me.

Suzanne

aka zanners :)

Go to the San Diego Cache Event Thread. There are generally folks getting together every weekend to tackle caches all over the county. A great group of people.

Thanks Lost Guy .I will. Sometimes my whole weekend is geocaching...bet yours might be as well...

Suzanne :D

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

We leave San Diego tomorrow, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the fun I've had enjoying everybody's caches and being part of such a great community of folks. I'll still be caching in the UK, so if anyone is on that side of the pond, drop me an email so we can meet up! The cache density is a little lower over there (5 mile radius reached within the first page of results!), but there are still some good ones. I hope to resurrect some puzzle ideas, and steal a few of the dastardly ones from some of you guys too!

CHEERS!

We leave San Diego tomorrow, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the fun I've had enjoying everybody's caches and being part of such a great community of folks. I'll still be caching in the UK, so if anyone is on that side of the pond, drop me an email so we can meet up! The cache density is a little lower over there (5 mile radius reached within the first page of results!), but there are still some good ones. I hope to resurrect some puzzle ideas, and steal a few of the dastardly ones from some of you guys too!

CHEERS!

You will be missed, Toby! Good luck to you and your wife across the pond. Keep in touch with us over on this side of the world!

Team Reid <_<

CHEERS!

You still have time to run up north and do IHO: Slartibartfast. That would be a perfect Adams quote for the log . . . <_<

Safe flight. Fair winds and following seas.

CHEERS!

Good Luck Toby! If I ever get over there I'll drop you an email! :o

CHEERS!

Have a good trip! Will give you an e-mail on our next trip over! Cya,

Duncan

CHEERS!

You will be missed, Toby! Good luck to you and your wife across the pond. Keep in touch with us over on this side of the world!

Team Reid :)

BYE TOBY !!

The Splashes :o:)

CHEERS!

:laughing: Good luck to you and your Wife as you start on another adventure. Thanks for the fun times! :blink:

Anyone up for a road-trip to grab an FTF?

I already emailed Jeb&Jess to see if they were game or not. It looks like it's a pretty crazy cache.

Ignore the repetitive warnings, and get to the meat of the page and the pics. Their entire series sounds like a good reason to go to MD.

Psycho Urban Cache

When were you thinking? I can use a vacation.. :lol:

leave tonight after the game? I have 10 days to kill...

Also have my rigging harness, over 400ft of rope, my kayak and a sense of adventure :blink:

Bomb scare Old Town Trolley station :(:(

They found a round tube with caps on the ends in a flower planter. :D:)

Hope it wasn't someones CACHE :):D

hmmm? wasn't mine....

Just out of curiousity. If it was a cache and someone reported it as a bomb, can the cache placer be held liable for anything?

If I remember correctly I think someone placed one on a bridge in Oregon or somewhere up north and they traced it back and made the guy pay for the response of the bomb squad :D:( It's scary now a days with your placements that someone may think it's a Bomb :D:D

Place them in the desert and there is no problem :D:D:D

Bomb scare Old Town Trolley station :(:( They found a round tube with caps on the ends in a flower planter. :):D Hope it wasn't someones CACHE :):D
hmmm? wasn't mine....Just out of curiousity. If it was a cache and someone reported it as a bomb, can the cache placer be held liable for anything?
I'm sure that we are all responsible for our own caches. Who else would be responsible? As long as people follow the guidelines and use common sense they should be OK. People should carefully consider where they are placing a cache. If the cache could be viewed as threat then they should find a different spot to place it. I hope that thing wasn't a cache too! Edited by TrailGators
A cache in a planter? That lacks permamency; now, who would place a cache in a planter? :(
If the cache in the planter was within 150 feet of a railroad track then it would be a violation of the GC guidelines. Was that thing they found a cache?

I did all the caches in old town a little while back and never came across a pipe cache.

To change the subject. This is a bummer--when your personal life and job are both busy and there's little time left for caching. What do you do? :anitongue: I've also cleared out most of the easy "on your way home" caches.

Do what we do . . . cache at lunch. True, you only get one a day and multis go over a couple of days, but you still get your fix. <_< Then, when you have cleared out what is doable around the office, you move the office to a new location, and suddenly you have new caches to find again.

Sometimes . . . life is fair. :D

To change the subject. This is a bummer--when your personal life and job are both busy and there's little time left for caching. What do you do? :anitongue: I've also cleared out most of the easy "on your way home" caches.
My pattern has been to cache once a week. I have been doing it this way since I started caching. I need that one day to escape so I look forward to it each week! I also know that some guys get up really early or night cache. I have trouble getting up early, but I have cached at night. It is a bigger challenge to find the caches but it is fun too!