The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Okay Harmon, what did you do? Travelita is "out of the game". :)

I offered to adopt her Adrenaline Cache if she hasn't removed the container.

O no, not the beautiful and serene Travelita. Travelita, where are you? I'll just bet that she ran off with that ugly but macho Cegrube guy.

Here's another chance for some "Cache Formerly Known as ... " caches.

O no, not the beautiful and serene Travelita. Travelita, where are you? I'll just bet that she ran off with that ugly but macho Cegrube guy.

FTR - First to replace?!?

haha - getting containers ready as we speak!!

FYI - The San Diego REI is having an event 9/4/2006 @ 7:00 PM:

In July 2003, solo ultralight backpacker Amy Racina set out on a trip of a lifetime-a challenging 170 mile loop in Kings Canyon National Park. Near the end of her journey she fell 60 feet. Come learn how she survived and how this near-death experience shaped her life.

For more info see this link: Angels in the Wilderness

No membership or registration required.

O no, not the beautiful and serene Travelita. Travelita, where are you? I'll just bet that she ran off with that ugly but macho Cegrube guy. Here's another chance for some "Cache Formerly Known as ... " caches.

haha - getting containers ready as we speak!!

Dang! I suppose that means that it will show up on my PQ once again, huh?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Okay Harmon, what did you do? Travelita is "out of the game". :tired:

Toooo slow...I e-mailed her about 1min. after her post. ;)

But if its like Dr. B's caches I wont get any of them???? :blink:

We also replyed to adopt this cache as we just found it yesterday. I guess we'll see if anyone gets it!

SlabyFam

Okay Harmon, what did you do? Travelita is "out of the game". ;)

Toooo slow...I e-mailed her about 1min. after her post. :tired:

But if its like Dr. B's caches I wont get any of them???? :blink:

We also replyed to adopt this cache as we just found it yesterday. I guess we'll see if anyone gets it!

SlabyFam

It just reopened under new management. GoBolts! is the proprietor.

:D-->

QUOTE(Chuck B @ Sep 1 2006, 12:59 PM) 2442155[/snapback]

Harmon, I couldn't help, but to reply. There was a shopping cart at that sight, minus two wheels and about as much trash, maybe more than you put in the picture. Great photo of GoBolts though. :D:D:D

Wow! life imitates art I suppose.

Took some serious searching for images and all that time all I had to do was go find that Geocache. Too bad I couldn't come up with the proper view of an Oakland-Raiders gi'me-cap for Gobolts.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Too bad I couldn't come up with the proper view of an Oakland-Raiders gi'me-cap for Gobolts.

I was all set to post a photo of a mythical cacher named GoBroncos! but then I remembered that if it weren't for GoBolts! timely assistance, I would be making second trip through the Fear Factor tunnel... :huh::)

O brother, kissy-kissy.

Okay San Diego Coin Collectors. It is finally here. the 2006 California Geocoin. Born and Brewed in Ca from input from CA cachers.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cageocoin/id16.html

For the San Diego Cachers. don't worry about shipping. Handing out geocoins is just another excuse to get together. :tired:

Hey Steve. The order form instructions on the website says "you can email it as an attachment to me" but there is no e-mail address given other than the "Questions or Comments" e-mail address. What e-mail address do we use. Thanks, Dave

Edit: I see that your e-mail link on the pdf form goes to the "Questions and Comments" e-mail address, so I will use that one. You may want to clarify your instructions though.

Edited by RocketMan

Wow, this is strange. PW's recent log on my Is it Smoke Oriflamme? cache shows double smilies. Today's website glitch must have something to do with it. BTW: Read his log, it is pretty amazing that he found this cache.

efb529bb-5f7b-4f5c-9a9d-59d8bc33601d.jpg

I think it is just a creative HTML log, not a glitch.

-Tony

Your correct bitmap...gotta have some fun with the cache logs right? Just some html fun, 1 find, 2 smilies!

It's funny how Miragee mentioned in her log that she re-hide the cache much better (which she did BTW) so non-geocachers wouldn't stumble upon it. For us cachers, seeing one of those distinct rock piles is like pointing out a zit on an albino's back.

BTW. Great cache Rocketman.....it was "a flame" that day!

PassingWind

Hi folks,

Thanks to everyone who offered to adopt my caches, all the active ones are now handed over, except for the PB Historic Multi Puzzle, which I'm going to give to a cacher (000-18) who lives up north but grew up in PB so knows all the places from personal experience. Hopefully some of you lovely locals can keep an eye on it in case it needs a bit of maintenance in between his visits to town (his Mum still lives in El Cajon so he's here every couple of months).

The only out-of-action cache which might be worth resurrecting is Duck Diving - does anyone want it? It needs a new container and a new location, so it's probably best just to archive it, but if anyone wants to adopt and reinstate it, send me an email.

Hopefully I'll see lots of you at the events over the weekend - I can't promise to be at all three, but I'll try to put in an appearance if our frantic packing/shipping/cleaning schedule allows. Thanks to all who've offered me a ride to and fro as well, much appreciated! The elusive Mrs B will also be joining us for one of them, I'm guessing the Saturday one but again, nothing is certain these days....

Now if only I could find 15 caches beforehand, an event could be my #600!

Okay San Diego Coin Collectors. It is finally here. the 2006 California Geocoin. Born and Brewed in Ca from input from CA cachers.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cageocoin/id16.html

For the San Diego Cachers. don't worry about shipping. Handing out geocoins is just another excuse to get together. :unsure:

Hey Steve. The order form instructions on the website says "you can email it as an attachment to me" but there is no e-mail address given other than the "Questions or Comments" e-mail address. What e-mail address do we use. Thanks, Dave

Edit: I see that your e-mail link on the pdf form goes to the "Questions and Comments" e-mail address, so I will use that one. You may want to clarify your instructions though.

How bout this:

Ordering Website

Here's a simple and easy way to order. send the following info to cageocoin@earthlink.net

Name

Caching Name

Mailing address

How many Regular coins

If you want a Limited coin

Insurance

How do you want to pay? (Paypal, check, money order)

To SD cachers and Dr Boggis,

Apologies for an early departure today. Aside from having Tiffette#2 with me (underage) I found my citizenship under seige from some drunken wench with a very unhealthy opinion about Australians, after a terrible week back home with 4 losses.

Strewth mate! No wuccas anyway. I'll be at the Shakespeare tonight if you can make it there.

To SD cachers and Dr Boggis,

Apologies for an early departure today. Aside from having Tiffette#2 with me (underage) I found my citizenship under seige from some drunken wench with a very unhealthy opinion about Australians, after a terrible week back home with 4 losses.

Sorry you had a bad time....not sure why you did not join us in the Cache/family friendly, reserved section inside... sorry.

But as The good Dr. said join us tonight on the patio!

:cry: Did we miss a meet n greet? :cry: We (ok, I) have been having a hard time figuring out the events. It would be nice if someone in the know would put a list of the happenings for the upcoming weekend on Thurs. on a regular basis so we could A. know when something is happening & decide if we want to go :( & B. have enough time to get organized. :anitongue::huh: I am sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this info. :cry::rolleyes:<_<:o

:D Did we miss a meet n greet? :D We (ok, I) have been having a hard time figuring out the events. It would be nice if someone in the know would put a list of the happenings for the upcoming weekend on Thurs. on a regular basis so we could A. know when something is happening & decide if we want to go :D & B. have enough time to get organized. :D:D I am sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this info. :):D:D:D

Hi folks. I usually post for a Sunday hiking/driving caching trip every other Sunday or so, but they are usually planned on two to three day's notice - sometimes, the day before. Your best bet is to check this thread every day or so - it only takes a minute or two, and the thread doesn't turn a page as often as the SD Thread.

:D Did we miss a meet n greet? :D We (ok, I) have been having a hard time figuring out the events. It would be nice if someone in the know would put a list of the happenings for the upcoming weekend on Thurs. on a regular basis so we could A. know when something is happening & decide if we want to go :D & B. have enough time to get organized. :D:) I am sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this info. :D:):D:D

Hi folks. I usually post for a Sunday hiking/driving caching trip every other Sunday or so, but they are usually planned on two to three day's notice - sometimes, the day before. Your best bet is to check this thread every day or so - it only takes a minute or two, and the thread doesn't turn a page as often as the SD Thread.

Chuy! this is the San Diego Thread!

:D:D:D

:D Did we miss a meet n greet? :D We (ok, I) have been having a hard time figuring out the events. It would be nice if someone in the know would put a list of the happenings for the upcoming weekend on Thurs. on a regular basis so we could A. know when something is happening & decide if we want to go :) & B. have enough time to get organized. :D:D I am sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this info. :D:D:D:D

I believe the Duo is talking about the Goodbye to Toby events where you sit around a pub talking to other cachers. Not the get up far too early to do a monster hike up a mountain. :)

:D Did we miss a meet n greet? :D We (ok, I) have been having a hard time figuring out the events. It would be nice if someone in the know would put a list of the happenings for the upcoming weekend on Thurs. on a regular basis so we could A. know when something is happening & decide if we want to go :D & B. have enough time to get organized. :D:) I am sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this info. :D:D:D:)

Chuy! this is the San Diego Thread!

:D:D:D

:D

Check out the emotioncons on this caching site. way to cool.

iecachers This would be the In land Empire fourm. Nice site, wish we could do it down here. :( Been posting on there and a bunch are coming down for the Campout, CITO. :o Some of the same bunch that came down last year when we had the rain and snow. Still had a great time. Matter of fact there were more of them then the S.D. bunch. :huh: