The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Is that a chihuahua in there? (Oh wait, wrong thread...)

8e655c8e-0042-4a2e-9d72-9a88155b6bcb.jpg

[ :unsure: ]

7e2563a8-db6f-465d-9647-b5fd3e495820.jpg

For some reason, you really like that picture Harmon.... :blink:

Yes, nice piece of editing actually. I recall that it is one of your favorite photos.

Honk if you can you name the local Geocacher that's featured in the photo?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Is that a chihuahua in there? (Oh wait, wrong thread...)

8e655c8e-0042-4a2e-9d72-9a88155b6bcb.jpg

[ :unsure: ]Aquì

For some reason, you really like that picture Harmon.... :blink:

Yes, I recall that it is one of your favorite photos.

Honk if you can you name the local Geocacher that's featured in that photo?

It's definitely *NOT* one of my favorites :blink: and HONK!

Edited by TrailGators

FATTB :huh:Y?

Is that where the Great Barrier Reef is located. That looks like it goes through the Indian Ocean. When I crossed it I thought we were on the other side of Australia?? :unsure::blink:

SKILLET

Is that where the Great Barrier Reef is located. That looks like it goes through the Indian Ocean. When I crossed it I thought we were on the other side of Australia?? :unsure::blink:

SKILLET

Looks too deep to be the Mariana Trench. Does it go to China?

SKILLET

Looks too deep to be the Mariana Trench. Does it go to China?

Is this Plate Tectonics theroy at it's best?

I was thinking about the comment about how active our local forum is. Then, I wondered if anyone ever "webfooted" through and noticed the number of pages we had!

Then...I realized that even if they did, they would quickly pass on by if they just looked at the first post on many of our last pages!

Edited to say "Nevermind." I guess time flies when you are having fun! I didn't realize we actually had 5 or 6 pages without the bush picture at the top. (I'm still not claiming we have any substance, but at least we talk about more than a bush.)

Edited by Cornerstone4
I was thinking about the comment about how active our local forum is. Then, I wondered if anyone ever "webfooted" through and noticed the number of pages we had!

Then...I realized that even if they did, they would quickly pass on by if they just looked at the first post on many of our last pages!

Edited to say "Nevermind." I guess time flies when you are having fun! I didn't realize we actually had 5 or 6 pages without the bush picture at the top. (I'm still not claiming we have any substance, but at least we talk about more than a bush.)

unimpressed.jpg

:unsure:

:blink: I think I would almost rather look at TT's elbow . . .

:blink::unsure:

AS YOU WISH!

Luckily I have an Adblock filter for that pic! (Anyone using Firefox, you should get Adblock too - go here to download/install the extension, and then you can right-click to block whatever image/content you want. Get Filterset.G to filter out basically all adverts on webpages while you're at it.)

:blink: I think I would almost rather look at TT's elbow . . .

:blink::unsure:

AS YOU WISH!

Luckily I have an Adblock filter for that pic! (Anyone using Firefox, you should get Adblock too - go here to download/install the extension, and then you can right-click to block whatever image/content you want. Get Filterset.G to filter out basically all adverts on webpages while you're at it.)

Thanks now I have a good reason to switch browsers!

:blink: I think I would almost rather look at TT's elbow . . . yikes.gif

:huh::unsure:

AS YOU WISH!

[HURL]

Miragee this is way grosser than the photo you showed me that someone recently posted on one of your caches. Thanks for asking for it to be posted.....I thought we were finally rid of it.... :blink:

Was it this one? As you wish also!

f85f51c1-d279-46ba-9883-08baf97cc076.jpg

;) I think I would almost rather look at TT's elbow . . . yikes.gif

:unsure::blink:

AS YOU WISH!

[HURL]

Miragee . . . Thanks for asking for it to be posted.....I thought we were finally rid of it.... :blink:

I didn't "ask" for it to be posted . . . I was just tired of seeing that particular part of someone's anatomy . . . :o

How bout them Padres . . . ;)

Anyone know for sure which caches have burned in the fire? :huh:

We need a good aerial view of the devastation. I'm afraid of what I'll find when I can finally hike down to "Latitude 32's Treasure Trove."

TreasureBlog_369.jpg

:blink: I think I would almost rather look at TT's elbow . . . yikes.gif

:huh::unsure:

AS YOU WISH!

[HURL]

Miragee this is way grosser than the photo you showed me that someone recently posted on one of your caches. Thanks for asking for it to be posted.....I thought we were finally rid of it.... :blink:

Was it this one? As you wish also!

[clip]

Yes

I still can't figure out why that dead animal was posted to my cache page. ;)

It would have been nice to have had another picture of the rock wall you see on your way up that rugged hill, or perhaps a view from the top of the hill instead . . . :unsure:

Rock wall? :blink:

The View? :huh:

PWNED!! :blink:

boohoo.jpg

Let's set up a long term thread that we can all talk about caching in and around San Diego County.

Hey - maybe a forum should be set up for *@#$% photos. Remember, Tinky Winky and Laa Laa read this forum!

Just doing my part to roll it along to the next page.

Good idea let's keep it going! :unsure:

I found one like that here in Jamul. I posted about it in the Benchmark Forum. The people there were very helpful . . . however I could not find the nearby benchmark they told me about that was listed . . . and the one I found couldn't be logged. :blink:

And, that reminds me. We found one at Balboa Park last week and I haven't logged it yet.

Off to do a search for it . . . :unsure:

I think duganrm volunteered to take over the series. :blink:
So did James. Since there are four caches maybe they could split them 2 and 2. Also James has done the series so he knows where the missing caches are supposed to go. I could help Richard replace them too since I have done the series. Anyhow, thanks to James and Richard for contacting wiseguy to revive this fun series!

Since my primary objective is to see that this series continues, I have no objection if Richard wants to take all four. I am willing to help, though. So if that means taking two of them or helping Richard to restablish the missing ones, I stand ready.

Not to dampen the enthusiasm, but the preferred approach for most caches that have gone missing and have been archived is to replace them with an entirely new listing. I know the Sea-To-Sea Challenge series has been treated a little differently because of its historical value and the fact that there are 25-caches in a series. But generally speaking, caches that have been muggled and then archived should stay that way if the cache owner has left town or gone inactive. This frees up the location for a brand new cache placement. Since this series was such a hit, perhaps it would be better for its fans to re-create it rather than trying to resurrect it...

Good idea Marko! Criss-Cross is still there so you could leave that one because it was fun to solve! Anyhow, I'd be willing to participate in a new extended series by placing a new "As the Cow Flies" cache somewhere with you other guys... :unsure:

Bummer. I am agreeing with the nostalgic group to "resurrect" it. It's only been archived a few days and only 'cause the owner did not realize other cachers would be interested in adopting it. I like the idea of adopting/"resurrecting" it 'cause it its originality qualities are retained and provides a sense of accomplishment for the original hider. To me it cheapens the caching experience to go back and re-find the same cache but with a new GC #.

OK, back on topic!

Nothing wrong with wiseguy asking for his caches to be unarchived and then he could adopt them off to whomever wants them. They could be left temporarily unavailable until the maintenance issues are resolved and then enabled by the new owner...

I just looked at this map of the fire out my way that is linked from this page.

If this is correct, a couple of the Lawson Series caches could have burned, along with SMOKEY's caches near the Barrett Honor Camp. On Sunday when I was over there, I didn't think those caches were at risk, unlike Night Hunter's "That Man Stole My Horse," "Latitude 32's Treasure Trove," and "Hopalong Rides Again," which I already figured were gone . . . :unsure:

1bdc3b8b-dcd5-4cd8-8720-f1078347eb6f.jpg

I sure hope they keep it away from the Carveacre Estates area and all the homes up there, as well as the other areas where people live.

If this is correct, a couple of the Lawson Series caches could have burned, along with SMOKEY's caches near the Barrett Honor Camp. On Sunday when I was over there, I didn't think those caches were at risk, unlike Night Hunter's "That Man Stole My Horse," "Latitude 32's Treasure Trove," and "Hopalong Rides Again," which I already figured were gone . . . :unsure:

I sure hope they keep it away from the Carveacre Estates area and all the homes up there, as well as the other areas where people live.

Did the Bear Valley area get it too?

Was anyone else at the Sandcastle Competition in IB over the weekend? Thought this guy was pretty cool:

198368996_ed251759cd.jpg

Oh, and (to get back on topic) I found a benchmark which doesn't appear to be in gc.com's list. What should I do?

That is pretty impressive! :)

Are you sure that FATTBOY wasn't at the beach :(:unsure:

SKILLET

Was anyone else at the Sandcastle Competition in IB over the weekend? Thought this guy was pretty cool:

198368996_ed251759cd.jpg

Oh, and (to get back on topic) I found a benchmark which doesn't appear to be in gc.com's list. What should I do?

That is pretty impressive! B)

Are you sure that FATTBOY wasn't at the beach :(:unsure:

SKILLET

He does have the beads but he is missing the fuzzy wig and the big fish! :)

8 to go! B)

Did the Bear Valley area get it too?

I think Bear Valley is safe . . . so far, It is quite a bit north of the easternmost section of the fire.

Without being able to actually fly over the area, it is hard to know what areas the fire has hit, and what it has missed.

Miragee this is way grosser than the photo you showed me that someone recently posted on one of your caches.

bf3da64d-c021-4647-abe5-d8ee5efd09da.jpg

Interesting, so the plot thickens.

Actually, it was your photo. I have no idea what possessed you to post that in your log.....

Actually, I would have posted the same pic, since I found it interesting. I have posted carcasses before..

Thanks to GoBolts!, I now have a picture I can try to get on the top of each page instead of that stupid bush picture! :unsure:

198368996_ed251759cd.jpg

We were there!

I liked the one with the cards, and the ace up the sleeve!

The octopus eating the pier was pretty cool too.