The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

(This new forum SW has got me thrown a bit, I keep clicking on the wrong things -- some of the changes seem they are solely for the sake of being different :blink: )

FYI - They didn't just make changes, they installed all new forum software. Most of the changes are hard coded into the new software, they are not just things that Groundspeak changed. RM

What's the "+Quote" button for? It used to reply to someone and include their post. Now "Reply" does that.

It toggles the quote on or off for a reply.

(This new forum SW has got me thrown a bit, I keep clicking on the wrong things -- some of the changes seem they are solely for the sake of being different :blink: )

FYI - They didn't just make changes, they installed all new forum software. Most of the changes are hard coded into the new software, they are not just things that Groundspeak changed. RM

What's the "+Quote" button for? It used to reply to someone and include their post. Now "Reply" does that.

OK if you hit "- Quote" and then hit "Reply" this is what happens........

I thought "Add Reply" was for replying without a quote?

(This new forum SW has got me thrown a bit, I keep clicking on the wrong things -- some of the changes seem they are solely for the sake of being different :) )

This is what happens when you hit "+ Quote" and then hit reply....

Testing 1..2...3....

Edited by TrailGators

Grrrrrrrr. The old forum had a button where you could go to new posts within a thread. I don't seem to be able to find it in the new format. Has anyone found a way to skip straight to the new posts within a thread?

click on the little image like this one newpost.gif that is next to the threads.

newpost.gif

OIC! It keeps grouping all your responses in one giant response if you hit "Quote +" and then hit "Reply"....

In regards to scratches on your screen.

I think I've mentioned these before, but I recommend Invisble Shield screen protectors to be placed on your GPS when you first get it. They send you one, but that's all you need. It works, doesn't come off and in guaranteed forever. I dropped my eXplorist on the ground and the shield got a little dimple, but the screen was fine. I could get another shield right now just for that.

http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/index.asp

Edited by Parsa

Misdirection: Bridge View GCR3Q6)

Cattail View (GCQM4K)

Above Dishwasher Pond (GCQM4E)

Stop On A Path GCQM4G)

princess toadstool's Birthday (GCQH9P) Chuy

Midsummer Night Cache (GCPDTE)

Not Again (aka the Sandwich Cache) (GCP9V3)

Kramer's Hole-In-One (GCP4VV)

Instant Cash (GCNWPR) - co-hide with Miragee - maybe Miragee should have 1st dibs.

Leave A Message (GCNJBT)

Tired of Waiting (GCNJBP)

Where Do You Call Home? (GCNA2N) - Gobolts

Time Out (GCN134)

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #2: Red Queen Principles

Duck Blind by princess toadstool (GCMAN3)

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 (GCM10F) Duganrm - but he must find it first!

Here are her active caches.

Claim them while you can.

Copy and paste the list with your choice.

Princess Toastool will have final say.

I'd like Princess Toadstool's Birthday cache since I was FTF.

You better not leave without saying "C ya later"!

I'll take Kramers hole in one, its just up the street from me

I think I've mentioned these before, but I recommend Invisble Shield screen protectors to be placed on your GPS when you first get it. They send you one, but that's all you need. It works, doesn't come off and in guaranteed forever. I dropped my eXplorist on the ground and the shield got a little dimple, but the screen was fine. I could get another shield right now just for that.

If you Buy from REI...you dont have to pay extra for a screen protector.

:blink:

Misdirection: Bridge View GCR3Q6) - TrailGators OK

Cattail View (GCQM4K) - LLOT?

Above Dishwasher Pond (GCQM4E) - LLOT?

Stop On A Path GCQM4G) - LLOT?

princess toadstool's Birthday (GCQH9P) Chuy OK

Not Again (aka the Sandwich Cache) (GCP9V3) - GoBolts!?

Kramer's Hole-In-One (GCP4VV) - GoBolts! or Team Fatman?

Instant Cash (GCNWPR) -

Leave A Message (GCNJBT) - TrailGators OK

Where Do You Call Home? (GCNA2N) - GoBolts! OK

Time Out (GCN134) - drexotic ?

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 (GCM10F) Duganrm - but he must find it first!, or LLOT?

Updated list.

Princess Toastool will have final say. AS ALWAYS :)

OK = P-T has granted the transfer.

Adopt page link.

Cattail View (GCQM4K) - LLOT?

Above Dishwasher Pond (GCQM4E) - LLOT?

Stop On A Path GCQM4G) - LLOT?

Not Again (aka the Sandwich Cache) (GCP9V3) - GoBolts!?

Kramer's Hole-In-One (GCP4VV) - Team Fatman?

Instant Cash (GCNWPR) -

Time Out (GCN134) - drexotic ?

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 (GCM10F) Duganrm - but he must find it first!, or LLOT?

Updated list.

Princess Toastool will have final say. AS ALWAYS :)

OK = P-T has granted the transfer.

Adopt page link.

Please give "Kramer's Hole-In-One" to Team Fatman...they are close =)

If you Buy from REI...you dont have to pay extra for a screen protector.

:)

They're only $10. If you're willing to pay $100 more at REI you might as well protect your investment. It's going to cost you that much in gas to go down to the store and get a new unit.

Grrrrrrrr. The old forum had a button where you could go to new posts within a thread. I don't seem to be able to find it in the new format. Has anyone found a way to skip straight to the new posts within a thread?

click on the little image like this one newpost.gif that is next to the threads.

newpost.gif

OIC. Duhhhhh. Obviously I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer. :) Thanks.

(This new forum SW has got me thrown a bit, I keep clicking on the wrong things -- some of the changes seem they are solely for the sake of being different :huh: )

OK if you hit "- Quote" and then hit "Reply" this is what happens........

I thought "Add Reply" was for replying without a quote?

(This new forum SW has got me thrown a bit, I keep clicking on the wrong things -- some of the changes seem they are solely for the sake of being different :) )

This is what happens when you hit "+ Quote" and then hit reply....

Testing 1..2...3....

Well, hush my mouth. I guess that button just looks pretty. Call it the Winchester Mystery House button... just for show.

You can always get rid of quotes by deleting everything in the box before you start typing.

Well, hush my mouth. I guess that button just looks pretty. Call it the Winchester Mystery House button... just for show.
You missed my subsequent post.......I figured out what the "Quote +" button does.

The "Quote +" button groups all your responses to different posts into one giant response....So if you comment on two different conversations you can group those posts into a single post instead of having two individual posts.

Cattail View (GCQM4K) - LLOTOK

Above Dishwasher Pond (GCQM4E) - LLOTOK

Stop On A Path GCQM4G) - LLOTOK

Not Again (aka the Sandwich Cache) (GCP9V3) - GoBolts!OK

Kramer's Hole-In-One (GCP4VV) - Team FatmanOK

Time Out (GCN134) - drexotic OK

Wow, You are all really terrific. I really will miss you :):huh:

Still available are:

Instant Cash (GCNWPR)

Duck Blind (GCMAN3)

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 (GCM10F)

Wow, You are all really terrific. I really will miss you :):huh:

Still available are:

Instant Cash (GCNWPR)

Duck Blind (GCMAN3)

Hi PT, I can adopt Instant Cash (GCNWPR). It is near two other caches of mine plus I found it already! :huh:

Edited by TrailGators
Duck Blind (GCMAN3)

Aw heck, gimme that "Duck Blind" thingy. Might as well throw in that darned TT Nuisance #1 while you're at it, especially since you've replaced the container already. You'll owe me LLOT.

The way it is I'm up and down that darned trail more often than not. Besides, there's a DQ at Portobello and Santo. I have to keep in DQ training for my outings with the fabulous Geobabes.

Good luck in your retirement and do post photos so's we can keep up with your adventures.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Wow, You are all really terrific. I really will miss you :ph34r::lol:

Still available are:

Instant Cash (GCNWPR)

Tired of Waiting (GCNJBP) Pioneer 'n' Tiff

Duck Blind (GCMAN3)

We'd like to adopt this one please.

It was a pleasure meeting you Nancy, you will be missed.

I have to wonder why everyone seems willing to take TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 but there have been no offers on #2.... :ph34r:

I guess one of these days I should try to go out there and find those nuisance ones so I can understand.

Yeah, well, take a stool and some refreshments with you for Nuisance #1. On the other hand for Nuisance #4 take a sleeping bag and tent.

Edited by SD Rowdies
You missed my subsequent post.......I figured out what the "Quote +" button does.

The "Quote +" button groups all your responses to different posts into one giant response....So if you comment on two different conversations you can group those posts into a single post instead of having two individual posts.

Hmmm.... I still don't get how you'd quote from more than one reply at the same time (unless they're nested quotes). When I look at the quotes in your post, they look exactly the same to me.

Hmmm.... I still don't get how you'd quote from more than one reply at the same time (unless they're nested quotes). When I look at the quotes in your post, they look exactly the same to me.

Look at LLOT's last post for an example of how he grouped responses to two different subjects in one post! :ph34r:

Good morning cachers!

The bikedog memorial coins are in full production, and will be delivered in about 3 weeks. These coins are trackable on the geocaching website, and will have a custom bikedog icon.

I have set up a link to purchased the coins HERE.

We appreciate all of your support. All proceeds will go to his daughters memorial fund.

Dave

Good morning cachers!

The bikedog memorial coins are in full production, and will be delivered in about 3 weeks. These coins are trackable on the geocaching website, and will have a custom bikedog icon.

We appreciate all of your support. All proceeds will go to his daughters memorial fund.

Dave

Thanks C4! Can you buy them without using Paypal (long story why ...won't go into it here)?

Look at LLOT's last post for an example of how he grouped responses to two different subjects in one post! :lol:

Ummmm, yeah...

The only problem is that I did it the old fashioned way of cutting and pasting HTML...

(I'd actually have to think to do it the new way... :ph34r: )

That way works too!

Edited by TrailGators

Wow, You are all really terrific. I really will miss you :laughing::o

Still available are:

Midsummer Night Cache (GCPDTE) - Chuy

Instant Cash (GCNWPR) - TrailGators

Tired of Waiting (GCNJBP) - Pioneer 'n' Tiff

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #2: Red Queen Principles - SD Rowdies

Duck Blind (GCMAN3)- SD Rowdies

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 (GCM10F) - SD Rowdies

I believe this is the final line-up!

I have to wonder why everyone seems willing to take TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #1 but there have been no offers on #2.... :laughing:

I guess one of these days I should try to go out there and find those nuisance ones so I can understand.

Yeah, well, take a stool and some refreshments with you for Nuisance #1. On the other hand for Nuisance #4 take a sleeping bag and tent.

So #1 is easier than #4? I have already had the "fun" of finding Nuisance #4. It took Tex (of Tex&Capie) and I about 20 minutes to find it. Thankfully that rock pile was already mostly gone before I got into geocaching. :o

Good morning cachers!

Dave

Thanks C4! Can you buy them without using Paypal (long story why ...won't go into it here)?

Look at LLOT's last post for an example of how he grouped responses to two different subjects in one post! :D

Ummmm, yeah...

The only problem is that I did it the old fashioned way of cutting and pasting HTML...

(I'd actually have to think to do it the new way... :) )

That way works too!

This is sure going to make conversations easier to follow - NOT! :laughing::o:D:P

So #1 is easier than #4? I have already had the "fun" of finding Nuisance #4. It took Tex (of Tex&Capie) and I about 20 minutes to find it. Thankfully that rock pile was already mostly gone before I got into geocaching. :laughing:

Nothing quite compares to digging through that pile of stones at Nuisance #4.

On the other hand there's a couple of issues to consider about Nuisance #1. First you've got to spot it and then you've got to grab it. As in many other aspects of life it's the grabbing where the nuisance comes in.

For Nuisance #4 it's the finding that counts whereas for #1 it's the grabbing that counts.

To put the Nuisance caches into perspective none of them annoy as much as that danged MTRP "Uppa the Hill Downa the Hill" of Cegrube's. Any chance you want to be a member of the Cegrube firing squad?

I must be nuts, now I'm the proud owner of three TT Nuisance caches.

Harmon

OK, I'm trying out the new fangled way of responding to multiple messages... B)

So #1 is easier than #4? I have already had the "fun" of finding Nuisance #4. It took Tex (of Tex&Capie) and I about 20 minutes to find it. Thankfully that rock pile was already mostly gone before I got into geocaching. ;)

The "neat" thing about the MTRP Nuisance caches is that each is a nuisance in it's own unique way. #1 is fairly easy to find. Siging it, on the other hand... :DB)B)

To put the Nuisance caches into perspective none of them annoy as much as that danged MTRP "Uppa the Hill Downa the Hill" of Cegrube's. Any chance you want to be a member of the Cegrube firing squad?

This one is the true MTRP Nuisance Cache...not only is it a pain in the tush to get to, it makes finding #4 seem relatively easy.

Three days ago, I would have been willing to sign up for the Cegrube firing squad...but then I encountered Put on the Feedbag #1 -- Paul Bunyan's One A Day and I'm inclined to commute the sentence to a life-time of community service (that's the caching community, of course!)

I thought it was interesting and educational about our local plant life. Who has the job of counting endangered plants in San Diego County?
Not sure, but you don't want to sneak up and scare them while they are counting....

".....7894....7895...7896....."

"BOO!"

"Gosh Darn it!.....1.....2......3...."

Edited by TrailGators
While on a cache hunt to "IT's 'D' SPOT" in Encinitas, I found this sign:

b4cbfb3e-14e9-4620-ab05-62e294563037.jpg

I thought it was interesting and educational about our local plant life. Who has the job of counting endangered plants in San Diego County?

The sign is correct! Center for Plant Conservation

I always thought it was interesting how manzanita is a protected plant. The stuff is all over the place.

BTW: Nice one Flagman :huh:

Edited by RocketMan

Aww shucks. The Nuisance series isn't that bad. :)

OK....#1...yeah...a sick sense of humour and me thumbing my nose at those cachers who cache and dash through MTRP. Here's one that says, "yeah....you can find me...but can you log me?"

#2: An aborted idea of mine, that due to Admin, defaulted to a regular cache with a long hike. Originally it was going to be a moving cache within the confines of MTRP.

#3: Yeah...the puzzle rears it's ugly head. Hell, MTRP NEEDED a puzzle cache! Doesn't mean necessarily it has to ALL be in MTRP does it? :huh:

#4: TCD. Terrestrial Camouflage Device. Say no more. :):)

Actually I think there are two more Nuisance bombs that I planted but never got round to activating. Of course I've lost the coords since, so no biggie.

For those of you who have re-adopted my caches, send me a note if anything needs done or replaced.

--TT--

Actually I think there are two more Nuisance bombs that I planted but never got round to activating. Of course I've lost the coords since, so no biggie.

Sooooo.....

....what you are saying is that Flagman hasn't found all of the TT San Diego hides after all?

I resemble that remark! :huh:

I don't know much about Lowrance gps units, but Woot.com has one on sale today with a built in MP3 player...for whatever that's worth! It's only $139.00, so that is why I posted about it.

You can see it Here.

Their deals run from either 9 or 10PM each evening, (I can't remember which one it is), and end the next evening, or when they run out.

Funny product description on the Lowrance,

"Pick your destination and the iFinder will lead you there with allegedly “intuitive” directions. Cheapskates can plan routes that specifically exclude toll roads, while the incontinent will appreciate the built-in guide to services at interstate exits across the country."

"And unlike Seattle Seahawks placekicker Josh Brown, its GPS+WAAS receiver is accurate to within 7 meters."

Has anybody heard of Otayzilla?!

I caught one in a remote lake in Northern Minnesota (aren't they all remote?) back in 1987. I caught it while fishing late at night, supposedly the only time they can be caught. Apparentely they've spread to lakes across the country. These are the only pictures I have of the "creature" I caught that night.

3bb.jpg

O-Tay Zilla !

buckwheat%20fixed.JPG