The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Oh Crap, it's snowing again (hard).  I hate it when Trailgators is right!  :P

Put on your longjohns, wool socks, flannel shirt, jeans, sweater, snow pants, scarf, boots, hat and jacket.....then you'll feel better! B)

By the way, it's 80 here today! :huh:

As Harmon would say, "Shee-yut"

All that clothing is for seesies! When I was growing up, micro-mini skirts were the rage. Talk about freezing your *** off! :P:blink:

And yea, there were days in January where we would wear shorts, or less, because of mild weather. Just wait for those days, RM, they'll come. B)

Oh Crap, it's snowing again (hard).  I hate it when Trailgators is right!  :P

Put on your longjohns, wool socks, flannel shirt, jeans, sweater, snow pants, scarf, boots, hat and jacket.....then you'll feel better! B)

By the way, it's 80 here today! :huh:

All that clothing is for seesies! When I was growing up, micro-mini skirts were the rage. Talk about freezing your *** off! :P:blink:

And yea, there were days in January where we would wear shorts, or less, because of mild weather. Just wait for those days, RM, they'll come. B)

Denver isn't that cold anyhow! Try going up to northern Wisconsin or Minnesota in January with your miniskirt!

HelBob, I still can't quite picture you in a miniskirt but more power to ya for wearing one! B)

Edited by TrailGators
Oh Crap, it's snowing again (hard).  I hate it when Trailgators is right!  :huh:

By the way, it's 80 here today! :P

All that clothing is for seesies! When I was growing up, micro-mini skirts were the rage. Talk about freezing your *** off! :P:D

And yea, there were days in January where we would wear shorts, or less, because of mild weather. Just wait for those days, RM, they'll come. :D

Denver isn't that cold anyhow! Try going up to northern Wisconsin or Minnesota in January with your miniskirt!

HelBob, I still can't quite picture you in a miniskirt but more power to ya for wearing one! B)

Hmmm. :blink: Can't see me in a mini skirt, eh? Gotta remember, that was back when I was a teen! B) I was tall & skinny back then. No comment from the peanut gallery of what I am now!! :D:D

Oh Crap, it's snowing again (hard).  I hate it when Trailgators is right!  :anibad:

Put on your longjohns, wool socks, flannel shirt, jeans, sweater, snow pants, scarf, boots, hat and jacket.....then you'll feel better! :lol:

By the way, it's 80 here today! :P

All that clothing is for seesies! When I was growing up, micro-mini skirts were the rage. Talk about freezing your *** off! :o:ph34r:

And yea, there were days in January where we would wear shorts, or less, because of mild weather. Just wait for those days, RM, they'll come. :D

HelBob, I still can't quite picture you in a miniskirt but more power to ya for wearing one! :P

Hmmm. <_< Can't see me in a mini skirt, eh? Gotta remember, that was back when I was a teen! :anicute: I was tall & skinny back then. No comment from the peanut gallery of what I am now!! :mad::lol:

So where's the picture to prove it?

I need to start preparing for the weekend. I still use printouts and have to program the GPSr by hand (so I hope to do it while at work tomorrow) :anicute: .

Anyone have any suggestions on where I should spend 3 hours on Saturday morning in MTRP? I have to drop Rogue off at class so I was thinking starting with "Geocaching.Com and Get It!" (GCC7DC) and heading up towards Cowles Mountain from there (or maybe just going up Cowles from the vehicle trail as coworkers have suggested). I can only go until Rogue gets out of class.

Thinking about doing The Forbidden Forest on Sat evening since I believe we will be at the Birch Aquarium in the afternoon. Anyone have some free time and want to meet up for that one? I hope to do some of the others in the area after we are done at the aquarium (although Rogue requires that I take her for a walk on the beach first).

Sunday somewhere around noon, I will be heading down to Jamul. Any suggestions on caches to do down there? My only plan at this point is to finish the Twoo Wuv multi cache I started a few weeks back (and show up for the Proctor Valley Monster cache).

Hi There,

Anyone wanting to do the Sandy Creek series (especially someone with a ladder...i understand one is needed) I am going to do them on Thanksgiving morning. I read somewhere on one of these forums about the 2 missing ones but for the life of me I cant find the post.(I had been wondering about them). Most likely brain dead as people having heart attacks and wanting those new fangled stents keep coming in to see us at work. SOOO anyway let me know if you would like to join me for some pre turkey exercise and I can set up a meeting place convenient for all.

Hi There,

Anyone wanting to do the Sandy Creek series (especially someone with a ladder...i understand one is needed) I am going to do them on Thanksgiving morning. I read somewhere on one of these forums about the 2 missing ones but for the life of me I cant find the post.(I had been wondering about them). Most likely brain dead as people having heart attacks and wanting those new fangled stents keep coming in to see us at work. SOOO anyway let me know if you would like to join me for some pre turkey exercise and I can set up a meeting place convenient for all.

I'll have to see if Rogue will let me go. There is one that is supposed to require a ladder but I think I can get it without one. :anicute: The 2 that we talked about being missing is 14&15 but they aren't really missing. they were never placed. The numbering jumps from 13 to 16.

Hey, we heard back from the SoCalAdmin early this morning regarding Hangman's Highway cache. It has been enable again for anyone that would like to get this one off their list. <_< No luck with the cache's owner. He has fallen of the grid.

Just saw that! Thanks, GoBolts! for the replacement!

(Gotta wonder, though, about the time on that edit. What were you doing up at 3:18am??? :anicute: )

Hi There,

I'll have to see if Rogue will let me go. There is one that is supposed to require a ladder but I think I can get it without one. :rolleyes: The 2 that we talked about being missing is 14&15 but they aren't really missing. they were never placed. The numbering jumps from 13 to 16.

Sounds like a great way to spend an "early" Thanksgiving morning. Let us know the time and place....been wantin' ta do them there cowboy cache's.

Hi There,

I'll have to see if Rogue will let me go. There is one that is supposed to require a ladder but I think I can get it without one. :rolleyes: The 2 that we talked about being missing is 14&15 but they aren't really missing. they were never placed. The numbering jumps from 13 to 16.

Sounds like a great way to spend an "early" Thanksgiving morning. Let us know the time and place....been wantin' ta do them there cowboy cache's.

Will be happy to have the company!!!! I am going to look to see what is the best meeting place......am thinking about it!!!! Will put it on here Monday at the latest but most likely the time will be 8am so that we all can get back to the turkey.

Hi There,

You all can borrow my folding 12' ladder anytime, but I understand a 15' ladder is preferable. Miragee and Princess Toadstool borrowed it and were able to acess the loot with it.

Take it as a last resort.

That's one cache on my todo list for awhile. I may make it out there myself but it will probably be 6-7a.

Edited by Chuy
Hi There,

You all can borrow my folding 12' ladder anytime, but I understand a 15' ladder is preferable. Miragee and Princess Toadstool borrowed it and were able to acess the loot with it.

That's one cache on my todo list for awhile. I may make it out there myself but it will probably be 6-7a.

I prefer to go earlier. If it is ok with everyone we could set the meeting place out in east county at 630 that way we could hit the caches by 700 am. Does that sound reasonable? everyone please give input so it is majority rule :ph34r:

Hi There,

I prefer to go earlier. If it is ok with everyone we could set the meeting place out in east county at 630 that way we could hit the caches by 700 am. Does that sound reasonable? everyone please give input so it is majority rule :ph34r:

Y'all have a good time with th' Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Seems like there's goin' t' be enough of y'all t' pull off a cheerleader pyramid at Cowboy three.

Do me a big ol' favor and sang a verse'r two of an ol' cowboy song t'gether while yo're out there. Just rare back and hoot it out.

I was ridin' along

And came upon a bird

Who's pecker was stuck

In a fresh horse turd.

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippee, yeah, yippee-yeah

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippee yeah.

I knew an ol' gal

With a wart on'er back

But all she could do

Was yackety-yak.

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippee, yeah, yippe-yeah

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippea yeah.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Hi There,

The earlier the better for us.

Hi There,

Y'all have a good time with th' Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Seems like there's goin' t' be enough of y'all t' pull off a cheerleader pyramid at Cowboy three.

Do me a big ol' favor and sang a verse'r two of an ol' cowboy song t'gether while yo're out there. Just rare back and hoot it out.

I was ridin' along

And came upon a bird

Who's pecker was stuck

In a fresh horse turd.

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippee, yeah, yippee-yeah

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippee yeah.

I knew an ol' gal

With a wart on'er back

But all she could do

Was yackety-yak.

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippee, yeah, yippe-yeah

Come a ty-yi-yippee, yippea yeah.

Nice of you to VOLUNTEER to come and sing for us :) We look forward to that as we try and get that cache.

That's one cache on my todo list for awhile.  I may make it out there myself but it will probably be 6-7a.

I prefer to go earlier. If it is ok with everyone we could set the meeting place out in east county at 630 that way we could hit the caches by 700 am. Does that sound reasonable? everyone please give input so it is majority rule :rolleyes:

You're all freaks! That time of day is set aside for pressing the snooze button "just one more time".

That's one cache on my todo list for awhile.  I may make it out there myself but it will probably be 6-7a.

You're all freaks! That time of day is set aside for pressing the snooze button "just one more time".

I thought it was an hour before that time! :rolleyes:

We need a "cache event" calendar - I'm losing track and I'd like to take part. Can someone rehash what's currently on the docket? Are they all this Saturday? :rolleyes:

This Saturday is Joshua Tree if you want to camp at Indian Cove (and geocache)

Sunday evening is Princess Toadstool organizing the evening/night caching

Thanksgiving is the 630am start (place to be determined) for the Sandy Creek geocache series. That is all I know.

We need a "cache event" calendar - I'm losing track and I'd like to take part.  Can someone rehash what's currently on the docket?  Are they all this Saturday?  :anibad:

Thanksgiving is the 630am start (place to be determined) for the Sandy Creek geocache series. That is all I know.

I will be going for The Forbidden Forest on Sat night if all goes well. Anyone else want to go?

So who gets to wake me up on Turkey Day? It has been years since I saw 6:30am. :santa:

Hey, we heard back from the SoCalAdmin early this morning regarding Hangman's Highway cache. It has been enable again for anyone that would like to get this one off their list. :o No luck with the cache's owner. He has fallen of the grid.

Just saw that! Thanks, GoBolts! for the replacement!

(Gotta wonder, though, about the time on that edit. What were you doing up at 3:18am??? :anibad: )

I had just returned home from pissing people off...remember :santa:

Finally!!!......THANKSGIVING DAY the SANDY CREEK COWBOY CACHES.

We will meet at 7am at the Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache #3 . That is the one that is in need of the ladder. We will proceed from there. After putting them all on my GPS it looked like this was the closest to San Diego.......course I could be wrong but ........I have been wrong before but this is where we will start.

Look forward to seeing a whole lot of you there. Course even if you have done these you can come along to cheer or laugh !!!!! :anibad::o:lol::santa:

Just in case this event is now off your watchlist:

CITO'ers

Everyone who attended the Black Canyon CITO event has now logged that they attended the event. In a few days I'll be archiving this event, but first I'll be preparing a final report for submittal to Susan Decker at USFS Cleveland National Forest. The report will include a summary of our observations and some of the posted pictures you've included with your logs. Like I said before, the Forest Service was absolutely amazed by the volunteer turnout, enthusiasm, and by what we hauled out of there! This is good press for the local geocaching community!

THANK YOU

I was just on the geocaching home page, and I saw Tin Foil Hat Head and Wall eyed nut bag smiling back at me!  :o

Congrats to another local caching team that made the front page.

Thanks for the congrats! We blinked and would have missed our 15 seconds of fame if you didn't bring it to our attention... Alas, I guess the 15 seconds has already passed. This post reply is just a feeble attempt to extend it for another second! :santa:

We had a blast hiking up Heavenly Harrison GCJQZJ, but now we know why only one person had found it since it was placed in June '04! :anibad:

Tinfoil-Hat Head

. . . Sunday somewhere around noon, I will be heading down to Jamul. Any suggestions on caches to do down there? . . .

QDman just found several of the McGinty caches today.

You can start at "You Can Cache" and proceed up the trail to "Agave Grande."

Stay to the right as you go up the hill and you will pick up "Just Showin' the Way" on your way up the steep trail to "Smile, You're in Jamul" and "Lyons Peak View"

If you want to continue hiking, you can proceed up the hill to "Blue's Blue View."

If you still have some energy, you can either go toward the top and "Almost on the Top" and "No Hinty on McGinty" all the way on the top.

With the clear weather we have been having, the views should be fantastic.

If you don't want to go all the way to the top, you can proceed to the south towards "Can You See Mt. Helix," "Just Hanging Out Enjoying the View" and "Lonely Tree with a View"

Have fun! :santa:

Sure hope I've got all those links correct. :anibad:

Finally!!!......THANKSGIVING DAY the SANDY CREEK COWBOY CACHES.

We will meet at 7am at the Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache #3 . That is the one that is in need of the ladder.  We will proceed from there. After putting them all on my GPS it looked like this was the closest to San Diego.......course I could be wrong but ........I have been wrong before but this is where we will start.

Look forward to seeing a whole lot of you there. Course even if you have done these you can come along to cheer or laugh !!!!! :santa:  :o  :lol:  :anibad:

Right across the road from No. 3 is La Fantasma de los Cruces cache, the ruin of the old Buckman Hotel. Very historic so I hope that all of you will read up on the local history lessons of several cowboy caches. Learn about the Buckmans and the Camerons for sure.

La Fantasma is a cowboy cache as well but placed and named before the series was initiated.

Have fun,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
. . . Sunday somewhere around noon, I will be heading down to Jamul. Any suggestions on caches to do down there? . . .

QDman just found several of the McGinty caches today.

You can start at "You Can Cache" and proceed up the trail to "Agave Grande."

Stay to the right as you go up the hill and you will pick up "Just Showin' the Way" on your way up the steep trail to "Smile, You're in Jamul" and "Lyons Peak View"

If you want to continue hiking, you can proceed up the hill to "Blue's Blue View."

If you still have some energy, you can either go toward the top and "Almost on the Top" and "No Hinty on McGinty" all the way on the top.

With the clear weather we have been having, the views should be fantastic.

If you don't want to go all the way to the top, you can proceed to the south towards "Can You See Mt. Helix," "Just Hanging Out Enjoying the View" and "Lonely Tree with a View"

Have fun! :o

Sure hope I've got all those links correct. :anibad:

Thanks for all the info. My printer will be busy tonight. (still printing caches near Forbidden Forest for tomorrow as well). I should be able to make it to the top unless time or Rogue stop me. :santa:

Very historic so I hope that all of you will read up on the local history lessons of several cowboy caches. Learn about the Buckmans and the Camerons for sure.

And make sure you read the cache pages completely so you don't ask any dumb questions in your logs that are already answered on the cache pages. :santa:

Those cowboys don't take kindly that that. :anibad:

Very historic so I hope that all of you will read up on the local history lessons of several cowboy caches. Learn about the Buckmans and the Camerons for sure.

And make sure you read the cache pages completely so you don't ask any dumb questions in your logs that are already answered on the cache pages. :santa:

Those cowboys don't take kindly that that. :anibad:

...and log yer caches usin' yer best cowboy talk!

P.S. It wasn't me that asked the dumb questions! :o But be sure to read about Amos and his soda pop and Sam from Scotland and his sheep and cattle and.....

Edited by TrailGators

And don't forget to read about Marguerite Thayer Palmer at our favorite SCC cache (The ol' No. 6...) :santa:

I was partial ta #12!

“Mr. Taggart, want some beans?”

Taggart: “You boys ‘ve had enough beans.” – Blazing Saddles

Dem cowboys make some good bean music fo' shur! :anibad:

We need a "cache event" calendar - I'm losing track and I'd like to take part.  Can someone rehash what's currently on the docket?  Are they all this Saturday?  :anitongue:

I will be going for The Forbidden Forest on Sat night if all goes well. Anyone else want to go?

So who gets to wake me up on Turkey Day? It has been years since I saw 6:30am. :ph34r:

That one sounds do-able! What time? I'm wondering if my kids can handle it :ph34r: