The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Right. Sorry we did not see a MRS4X4 in the lineup, but I am sure you have been down it many times.

Yes, MRS 4X4 and my old truck saw that trail many times.

:D:D:huh: We all missed 'our Rocketman' at the campout :):):)

Speaking of Frank being 'The King'.......that's not the way we heard it!!!!!!

Literally speaking.....

The Splashes :D:D:D

Right. Sorry we did not see a MRS4X4 in the lineup, but I am sure you have been down it many times.

Yes, MRS 4X4 and my old truck saw that trail many times.

:DB):o We all missed 'our Rocketman' at the campout ;):P:)

Speaking of Frank being 'The King'.......that's not the way we heard it!!!!!!

Literally speaking.....

The Splashes B):)B)

Dave was the king but Frank stole the crown in Moab! :huh:

I am a pauper! :)

After doing the Space Station Virtual I started looking at other "Armchair Virtuals". Here's a quick one if you're interested:

What in the World Cache?

D!

Yeah, that one's dead easy. A true number-padder. The bookmarks lists on that page also point to quite a few more "armchair" caches - I did this locationless while parked on my arse a few months back, just listen and answer a couple of easy questions.

Now while these caches will bump up your smileys, I think they should really be restricted to people who are either incapable of getting out there to find real caches (e.g. injured, incapacitated or incontinent) or who are stuck in a place where the weather is too terrible to go outside. And San Diego doesn't count for the second part, especially not today!

After doing the Space Station Virtual I started looking at other "Armchair Virtuals".  Here's a quick one if you're interested:

What in the World Cache?

D!

Yeah, that one's dead easy. A true number-padder. The bookmarks lists on that page also point to quite a few more "armchair" caches - I did this locationless while parked on my arse a few months back, just listen and answer a couple of easy questions.

Now while these caches will bump up your smileys, I think they should really be restricted to people who are either incapable of getting out there to find real caches (e.g. injured, incapacitated or incontinent) or who are stuck in a place where the weather is too terrible to go outside. And San Diego doesn't count for the second part, especially not today!

I agree with Toby. There's something to be said for getting off your "arse". After all isn't that the point of doing this? :)

Edited by TrailGators
After doing the Space Station Virtual I started looking at other "Armchair Virtuals".  Here's a quick one if you're interested:

What in the World Cache?

D!

Does being stuck at work on a day like this count? Gotta have something to do instead of doing actual "work". :)

As long as there are TT caches that are not found, there's always something to do at work!  :huh:  :)

I was trying to forget about those but I should start working on more of the puzzle caches (expect more emails Chuy!). I already have about 10 solved that I have not made it out there to look for yet. The good thing is that there is no easy way to search for specifically TT puzzles so I will have to go through all other ones closer to me first. B)

LOL.

Tiff and I have had a real bad week - my fathers wife is on death's dorr and the Immigration Department are screwing aorund my Travel Permit documentation. But I digress, we had just collected the Tifette's this afternoona nd wondering what sort of costume we would wear tonight.

I've decided o wear my rattiest jeans, my black boots, my flanelette long sleeve shirt over my geocaching shirt.

What am I going as tonight - a geocacher!

Funny, she didn't laugh either. :)

Does being stuck at work on a day like this count? Gotta have something to do instead of doing actual "work".  :ph34r:

As long as there are TT caches that are not found, there's always something to do at work! <_<:huh:

Yes, but fortunately for those non-armchair types, there are several of my puzzles that require "in-field" work.

Punkte Und Spuren

Monopolizing your Time

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #3: Partnership

and a few others....

Oh yeah...another thing. for all of you working on my puzzles, please feel free to e-mail me for hints. I am not the big bad wolf others' have made me out to be...

well....not all the time at least. And so I'd be more than happy to nudge you in the right direction or (in the case of some) whack you over the head with the virtual 2 x 4 until you cry "I get it now!!! Uncle!! Uncle!!"

Your choice. :ph34r:

But seriously....feel free to email me for help if you get stuck.

--TT--

Does being stuck at work on a day like this count? Gotta have something to do instead of doing actual "work".  :ph34r:

As long as there are TT caches that are not found, there's always something to do at work! <_<:huh:

Yes, but fortunately for those non-armchair types, there are several of my puzzles that require "in-field" work.

Punkte Und Spuren

Monopolizing your Time

TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #3: Partnership

and a few others....

Oh yeah...another thing. for all of you working on my puzzles, please feel free to e-mail me for hints. I am not the big bad wolf others' have made me out to be...

well....not all the time at least. And so I'd be more than happy to nudge you in the right direction or (in the case of some) whack you over the head with the virtual 2 x 4 until you cry "I get it now!!! Uncle!! Uncle!!"

Your choice. :ph34r:

--TT--

I have been home sick the last couple days, and have just now been able to get back to my computer, at least to working on some puzzles. I have thought up some that will have ties to the 'Island of Mata Nui'. Someone posted a DNF, so I may have to check it out to make sure it is there. Perhaps I will wait for another DNF. It is not somewhere I think people would see easily. GPS, at times, can jump everywhere out there. B)

Back to rest and then tackle some of those unsolved puzzles.. B) I still am trying to figue at where to start on the 'TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #3' cache..

Adelos

Hey Ahimsa!

Thank you so much for posting this <_< It would be great if one of us San Diegans can win again!!

If anyone else submitted photos, we would love to see them!!

With this time change cutting into our geocaching after work, we might have to take a loooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg lunch today. :ph34r: It's just too beautiful outside to be stuck in a lab.

Hey, Tex&Capie submitted an awesome Demelza photo - if you want to vote for it, click on this photo:

977b1228-1485-419d-a016-e83dd5b48cb6.jpg

Here's ours but I have to say, we're voting for theirs! <_<

74d15b9d-c145-479a-ae2f-31e7804b2bc7.jpg

If anyone else has submitted one, please post them here!

Sonrisa, TM and I just voted for you...as promised.

May the force be with you.

Oh yeah...another thing.  for all of you working on my puzzles, please feel free to e-mail me for hints.  I am not the big bad wolf others' have made me out to be...

well....not all the time at least.  And so I'd be more than happy to nudge you in the right direction or (in the case of some) whack you over the head with the virtual 2 x 4 until you cry "I get it now!!!  Uncle!!  Uncle!!"

Your choice.    <_<

--TT--

You can just send me the answer to Opus 25 Etude in E-flat Major now and save us both alot of trouble. :ph34r: I have no musical talent whatsoever.

With this time change cutting into our geocaching after work, we might have to take a loooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg lunch today. :huh: It's just too beautiful outside to be stuck in a lab.

What lab would that be? There seem to be quite a few lab-rat cachers around here!

I'm at the Burnham institute, and Eric (wise-guy) is at Scripps, then Jess sells us stuff, and Mrs LLOT used to work at Scripps, and PassingWind works at Diversa...any more?? The DAK Girls must be at UCSD somewhere, how else would they know all those nooks and crannies? (Mind you, they must work for CalTrans and SD County drains too, given their other hides!)

With this time change cutting into our geocaching after work, we might have to take a loooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg lunch today.  :huh:  It's just too beautiful outside to be stuck in a lab.

What lab would that be? There seem to be quite a few lab-rat cachers around here!

I'm at the Burnham institute, and Eric (wise-guy) is at Scripps, then Jess sells us stuff, and Mrs LLOT used to work at Scripps, and PassingWind works at Diversa...any more?? The DAK Girls must be at UCSD somewhere, how else would they know all those nooks and crannies? (Mind you, they must work for CalTrans and SD County drains too, given their other hides!)

There are a few cachers who work in the cardiac cath LAB.....at one of the Scripps.Does that count?? HAHA Many many labs out there!!!