The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I am putting together a geocachers CD with a mix of some good geocaching music. So far I have "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2, "Time" by Pink Floyd ("Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town"), "Hotel California" by The Eagles....etc. Any suggestions? ... to be found in a cache near you soon! Thanks.

The B-52s....Roam

Supertramp....Take the Long Way Home

Genesis....Follow You, Follow Me

Alright, alright, I AM old! :huh:

The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again!"

Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"

CCR - "Up Around the Bend"

Led Zeppelin - "Immigrant Song" (just because it's a great song!)

Chuy had some great songs too!

Back when TT was in town (and there was some speculation about some type of conspiracy to keep him South of the 56...ahem) My caching theme song for FTF racing was Gwen Stefani's Holla Back Girl

"This Sh!& is Bananas... B-A-N-A-N-A-S" :blink:

Besides that we're drawn to the themes from both Hawaii Five-O and the Magnificent Seven for some strange reason... :unsure::o:unsure:

~Jess

I am putting together a geocachers CD with a mix of some good geocaching music. So far I have "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2, "Time" by Pink Floyd ("Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town"), "Hotel California" by The Eagles....etc. Any suggestions? ... to be found in a cache near you soon! Thanks.

Lookin' For Love In All the Wrong Places....... :unsure:

Either rendition is fine, really.....

78f035e2-c405-463a-9870-93999a0cc988.jpg

Edited by pqcachers
Thank you for all your suggestions. We are into a 2 CD set already! (can you collect them all?)!!! It is nice to remember some of those songs from "the good ole days". Look for the first rough draft CD Burn to be released this weekend! Next will be the CD label contest on the Banter page!

Wait Dave! I just thought of a couple of more!:

Chicago - "I've Been Searching for so Long"

Steve Winwood - "While you see a Chance" (FTF theme song)

Get Smart theme song!

Edited by TrailGators

Back when TT was in town (and there was some speculation about some type of conspiracy to keep him South of the 56...ahem) My caching theme song for FTF racing was Gwen Stefani's Holla Back Girl 

Lee Harvey and the Grassy Knoll Band says it was a conspiracy, Jess. :unsure: But as I recall I was able to poach a few north of Penasquitos from time to time.

lhoswald.jpg

Any songs by the Dead Kennedys perchance on the CD?

I was always partial to "Liar" by the Henry Rollins Band for some reason.

And I'll back pqMommy up on her liking of Genesis. "Land of Confusion" is a great song!

--TT--

This is off the current thread subject, but here goes anyway.

When I logged onto the gc site this morning, the picture on the main page was Dan-oh on his recent mountain expedition!

Pretty cool seeing a familiar face on the home page!  :blink:

(Maybe this should be in the congratulations thread!)  :unsure:

Off the current thread subject? I didn't know there was one. :huh:

Thanks for the heads up. Since I never go to the main page, I don't get a chance to see featured pictures. After 20 or so refreshes, I got a screen shot. Too cool!

ab63ade3-0621-4772-b7b8-5bf253c58d3f.jpg

Um, that's me in the light blue in case you were confused. :unsure:

This is off the current thread subject, but here goes anyway.

When I logged onto the gc site this morning, the picture on the main page was Dan-oh on his recent mountain expedition!

Pretty cool seeing a familiar face on the home page!  :blink:

(Maybe this should be in the congratulations thread!)  :unsure:

Off the current thread subject? I didn't know there was one. :huh:

Thanks for the heads up. Since I never go to the main page, I don't get a chance to see featured pictures. After 20 or so refreshes, I got a screen shot. Too cool!

ab63ade3-0621-4772-b7b8-5bf253c58d3f.jpg

Um, that's me in the light blue in case you were confused. :unsure:

Finally, a San Diego Geocacher makes the front page. Nice.

I'm still waiting for that Rocket Man yellow-water shot to show up.

'Ere, is anyone interested in going to the Coronado Classic Speed Festival with me this weekend? Should be some fantastic cars and some good racing, and I have been meaning to go for the last few years. $30 (on the day) for 1 day, or $40 for both. Of course, clearing out Coronado of caches might be on the cards too, muggles/time permitting! Don't mind which day, probably Sunday would be better.

Thank you for all your suggestions. We are into a 2 CD set already! (can you collect them all?)!!! It is nice to remember some of those songs from "the good ole days". Look for the first rough draft CD Burn to be released this weekend! Next will be the CD label contest on the Banter page!

Ok another one or two from the fiftys, Over the mountain across the sea by Johnny and Joe. County line by by Chuck Berry, I'm Walkin By Fats Domino, I better quit at those :lol:

Wookin' Pa Nub in all da wong paces....

Wookin ' Pa Nub.......

Someone's got to put a Buckwheat themed cache up on "O-Tay" Mesa now.

-TT--

:lol::lol::lol: But would that fly in today's everthing has to be "politically correct" age?

d400745a-2fe4-44fd-ad46-fdae2e8063ba.jpg

Politically incorrect? How so? :P

Hey pa cache in pa bush! I was wookin' pa cache in all da wong paces.... :o

Edited by TrailGators
So sorry to see what happened, FlagMan. :lol:

Bummer! :P

Ouch. That couldn't have been cheap. :lol:

Wonder what hurt more, the Pocket PC breaking or the DNF. :lol:

Please accept my condolences - for the DNF :P . Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sorry to hear about that.

I was on the phone with him before he started the climb. He was down below looking for a puzzle cache when he slipped and fell down there as well. He said a few choice words I won't repeat :o .

It was not a good trip for him.

Flagman, hope it wasn't a total loss.

...Besides that we're drawn to the themes from both Hawaii Five-O and the Magnificent Seven for some strange reason... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

~Jess

I'm partial to the musical pieces form the "Man with no Name" trilogy Spaghetti Westerns:

Hugo Montenegro's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; A Fistful of Dollars; March of Hope; The Ecstasy of Gold; and my favorite, Hang 'em High.

Hawaii Five-O is pretty kool too. I remember watching the original series with my dad. My grandma (RIP) had a crush on Dano; she's probably chasing him around right now!

...Besides that we're drawn to the themes from both Hawaii Five-O and the Magnificent Seven for some strange reason... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

~Jess

I'm partial to the musical pieces form the "Man with no Name" trilogy Spaghetti Westerns:

Hugo Montenegro's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; A Fistful of Dollars; March of Hope; The Ecstasy of Gold; and my favorite, Hang 'em High.

Hawaii Five-O is pretty kool too. I remember watching the original series with my dad. My grandma (RIP) had a crush on Dano; she's probably chasing him around right now!

I was always partial to Che Fong, the crime lab guy. Go figure. :o

As far as songs go, how about:

Climb every mountain, search high and low

Follow every byway, every path you know

Climb every mountain, ford every stream

Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream

~Jess

I was always partial to Che Fong, the crime lab guy. Go figure. :o

As far as songs go, how about:

Climb every mountain, search high and low

Follow every byway, every path you know

Climb every mountain, ford every stream

Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream

That classic from the Von Trapp family will fit perfectly on Steve's eclectic cd with King of the Road and AC/DC!

J&J mentioned Gwen Stefanie a ways back. She would be another good choice for the non-eclectic cd (no offense to any but that's the one I'd listen to). Maybe "What You Waiting For" would be a good one!?

Edited by TrailGators

Geocaching Music CD

For you puzzle buffs out there, I recommend the song 10001110101 by the band Clutch, the first song with binary code in it......hey it just might spark something to solve one of those nasty TT puzzles !!

Ribonucleic acid freak out.........Periodic table with a center peace of mind

Some have even made a puzzle out of the song by trying to translate it!!

"Clutch's 10001110101 - translates to 1141 in binary. This could be weight of osmium or Density of oxygen(O2)in liquid state 1141 kg/m3"

in response to the review, i did a little analysis on 10001110101 which i believe in binary translates to the number 118. so i typed into Yahoo! periodic table, element, and 118 and it is (or was) the newest element (and believed to be most massive) discovered on the chart. in fact, it was on the chart, but supposedly has been removed as the experiment has not been repeated. whether or not Neil is making reference to this in some way, i have no idea. but judging from his level of intelligence in his lyrics, i wouldn't be suprised.

Just a music fan and geek....... :ph34r:

...on Sunday, we were standing in a eucalyptus grove with a wrench ( :D )

huh? :ph34r:

Hint: I was there right before Let's Look Over Thayer. (However, you don't really need the wrench :lol: .)

Still confused? Start working Flagman's caches until you come across a eucalyptus grove :D .

Hint: I was there right before Let's Look Over Thayer.  (However, you don't really need the wrench  :ph34r: .)

Still confused?  Start working Flagman's caches until you come across a eucalyptus grove  :lol: .

I think I have an idea which one it is. :D "To Be, Or Not To Be" (GCPKJJ) I can't say for sure since I cannot see the page because I am not premium member.

I am slowly working my out from Ramona so I have not seen most of the caches out there.

As with rust on any metal surface, sand off as much as you can, then spray paint it with multiple thin layers.

There is also a gel-like product that turns the rust into a paintable black byproduct. I saw it not too long ago in the auto section at Walmart. I've never used it but it's worth a shot; it costs about $4-$5.

As with rust on any metal surface, sand off as much as you can, then spray paint it with multiple thin layers.

There is also a gel-like product that turns the rust into a paintable black byproduct.  I saw it not too long ago in the auto section at Walmart.  I've never used it but it's worth a shot; it costs about $4-$5.

"Naval Jelly rust dissolver" by Permatex.

Intended to clean iron and steel before painting. Active ingredients include phosphoric and sulfuric acid. Works well for preparing galvanized steel before painting. Of course plain old vinegar works as well for galvanize.

Pep Boys I'm guessing.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Time to pay up then! It's a great cache. Plus once you can get Pocket Queries, you'll never look back.

I would do it but it just isn't an option at this point. no reason to go into my problems here but my goal is to first get a GPSr, then an Adventure Pass, and then worry about becoming a member here. I won't be able to do any of this till the new year (unless I win the lottery <_< ).

Lostguy51 and I are planning on doing some kayaking tomorrow morning.

We're looking at SpaceCadet cache in Otay Lake, Submerged Forest, and Dr. Boggis' Duck Diving cache.

We will meet at park and ride on Sweetwater Rd under the 805 at 7a.

BYOB- Bring your own boat!

Time to pay up then! It's a great cache. Plus once you can get Pocket Queries, you'll never look back.

I would do it but it just isn't an option at this point. no reason to go into my problems here but my goal is to first get a GPSr, then an Adventure Pass, and then worry about becoming a member here. I won't be able to do any of this till the new year (unless I win the lottery <_< ).

Sell a Mustang.

We're looking at SpaceCadet cache in Otay Lake, Submerged Forest, and Dr. Boggis' Duck Diving cache.

You don't need a boat for mine! But if one person wants to do the hard work while the others sit around on kayaks laughing and pointing, that would work too.

You don't need a boat for mine! But if one person wants to do the hard work while the others sit around on kayaks laughing and pointing, that would work too.

Yes, I don't want to give the impression you are not welcome to join us if you don't have a flotation device. But if you laugh, we're not bringing the log to shore, ha! <_<

Sell a Mustang.

I'm selling mine! Anyone want it? I've transferred the "BOGGIS" plates to the Alfa, so you could be the proud owner of 5TPW165 or whatever it is now.

I am not looking for any more coupes myself. Only going for the convertibles or fastbacks now. Although I will say, your coupe is in much better shape than any of mine.