The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Speaking of RULES!  I would like to remind all cachers to beware of caching ALONE.  Not a good idea. Also, WEAR YOUR GEAR.  Not a good idea to hike these trails in sandles. I found out the hard way.  Here I sit for 2 months with a broken ankle. Oh, it was just a little trail up in Mill Valley , CA. :lol:  NOT, I slipped and broke the ankle in 3 places. After surgery, 2 steel plates and 7 screws, I am mending slowly. No caching for me for 4 or 5 months. Boo Hoo.  Use your senses and wear hiking boots. Bring a friend and cell phone and water.  My husband was with me and he could call the hospital, and he toted me 1/4 mile on his back down the path to the car. Wow I'm glad I wasn't alone.  Reading these posts makes me jealous. wish I was out there with you.  Have fun in Big Bear.  Sue from RV Paces- Carlsbad CA 

I have a picture to post, but not sure how to do it here.

:) Wow, so sorry to hear about that! :)

One sure cure for a broken ankle is a Pqmommy pineapple upside-down cake. Believe me I know.

Hello! I know I've sort of been MIA from the caching community...but I'm back!

On Sunday Oct. 23rd Cyndyz (from Pedroz and Cyndyz) and I are participating in the ACS "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk....and I need DONATIONS....and team members.

If you would like to donate please visit My Webpage

You can also join our team (Hopeful Hearts) there if you'd like to particapate!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!!!

Edited by padregirl

I've just submitted a new cache (subscriber only at the moment), with a WJTB as a prize for the FTF.....who wants it??? It's not a puzzle, but it is a 5/5! Let's see who is REALLY dedicated around here!! Submitted at 4pm, so it should be viewable later tonight or early tomorrow. It's in the Mission Bay area.

I've just submitted a new cache (subscriber only at the moment), with a WJTB as a prize for the FTF.....who wants it??? It's not a puzzle, but it is a 5/5! Let's see who is REALLY dedicated around here!! Submitted at 4pm, so it should be viewable later tonight or early tomorrow. It's in the Mission Bay area.

I volunteer the Geobabes. No wait, who was that newbie that logged onto the Forum to say that they really want to do a FTF?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Do we need a flotation device?

Not if you can swim! :ph34r:

I'd be happy to volunteer for FTF duties, but only if you can all wait for next weekend or so.... Got soccer and Pads regular season finale today, then too much work next week. What's happened to me. I never used to whine and moan like this!

Nope, you need a sink-tation device! It's underwater B)

And it's out now....

....and it's been found! Lokidog was the intrepid FTF, and I've just handed the WJTB to him. He left a geocoin in the cache as a consolation prize!

Hey, I had to try, it looked like too much fun and I've been dying to score a WJTB. So far I've been acused of not being a loyal Chargers fan since I didn't wait to see the game [:rolleyes:]. Nice to meet the good doctor, thanks for the cache.

I'm dropping it off tomorrow at another cache here in SD though, so look for it. I'll even post it after I've done it. I'll be out on vacation for a few weeks and I don't want to keep it out of circulation too long.

Hello San Diego,

I visited your sunny town last week. I only had the time to find a few caches. I took the opportunity to release my new TB “Canada EH!” TBHPWE in the cache “La Valencia Travel Bug Hotel (View #1)” GCH4AE. Its goal is to go back home to Ottawa, Ontario. It also has a logbook to document its trip. Hope it will start to get moving soon.

....and it's been found! Lokidog was the intrepid FTF, and I've just handed the WJTB to him. He left a geocoin in the cache as a consolation prize!

Hey, I had to try, it looked like too much fun and I've been dying to score a WJTB. So far I've been acused of not being a loyal Chargers fan since I didn't wait to see the game [:blink:]. Nice to meet the good doctor, thanks for the cache.

I'm dropping it off tomorrow at another cache here in SD though, so look for it. I'll even post it after I've done it. I'll be out on vacation for a few weeks and I don't want to keep it out of circulation too long.

As I promissed, I left the White AND Yellow Jeep TB this morning. You can find it here! Enjoy.

Edited by Lokidog
I would like to see one of the yellow jeeps but I am not up for driving around the county to find 5 caches for it today. :ph34r: although I was just at the mall of the first cache for lunch. doh!

We've only seen one yellow jeep. No white ones. :P Hopefully anyone who finds one will try to keep it in San Diego so we'll all have a chance! :blink:

We've only seen one yellow jeep.  No white ones.  :blink:  Hopefully anyone who finds one will try to keep it in San Diego so we'll all have a chance!  :ph34r:

I know where an easy to get white jeep is. I dropped it off last night. I don't know how much longer it will be there though. :P

I actually found it on my first day of geocaching. I still feel bad about not leaving it up on the top of Mount Woodson so someone would have to hike to it but it needed to get back out there.

I would like to see one of the yellow jeeps but I am not up for driving around the county to find 5 caches for it today. :ph34r:  although I was just at the mall of the first cache for lunch. doh!

We've only seen one yellow jeep. No white ones. :P Hopefully anyone who finds one will try to keep it in San Diego so we'll all have a chance! ;)

We'd been chasing Lynsey around for the last couple of weeks, never quite catching up to her -- so when Lokidog dropped her off, we swooped in and snagged both Lynsey and the yellow one, too. Never fear though. They'll both be back in circulation soon _in_ San Diego. :blink:

This just in from Big Bear -

Claudia with Robyn of Team Reid, kawikaturn and fisnjack. Sushi, a hot dog and some meatballs! Ymmm. Just a handful of others from SD co. Lots of caches to go around and the raffle was enormous.

Awright, another "This just in" posting. I've been hoping that would catch on.

Hehe... Pat's calling me a nerd. Hehe. :P

The watch indeed seems to be no longer available. It was on the Deal web site (I saw it on DealMac). That's probably why the orange one was gone, since it was listed as the main link. It was some huge number the day before, but when the heads up came out it went to #4 in electronics. I just hope that Amazon will get some in stock to send me. They've done a lot of the "sorry, we can't really get it after all" stuff to me lately.

Parsa

I am putting together a geocachers CD with a mix of some good geocaching music. So far I have "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2, "Time" by Pink Floyd ("Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town"), "Hotel California" by The Eagles....etc. Any suggestions? ... to be found in a cache near you soon! Thanks.

b8568586-e074-413f-8163-be944cabd346.jpg

So much for my attempt at GC75C3 - Peak-A-Boo: Mt. Whitney this past week. Between snow, ice and altitude sickness, most of our group was out of the running. We ended up backpacking/camping at Trail Camp, 12,000 ft for the night but not trying for the summit. Its hard to even know if the cache was locked under the reported 2-3 ft of snow. About 1/2 the hikers were turning back while some went ahead.

I have a full gallery here: http://danoh.smugmug.com/

This has got to be one of the more tiring DNFs I've logged yet. We'll be back next summer for sure!

Dan-oh

I am putting together a geocachers CD with a mix of some good geocaching music. So far I have "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2, "Time" by Pink Floyd ("Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town"), "Hotel California" by The Eagles....etc. Any suggestions? ... to be found in a cache near you soon! Thanks.

The B-52s....Roam

Supertramp....Take the Long Way Home

Genesis....Follow You, Follow Me

Alright, alright, I AM old! :rolleyes:

The B-52s....Roam

Alright, alright, I AM old! :o

Hey! The good stuff never goes out of style... (you could always claim that this is what your parents listened to...) :rolleyes:

The B-52s....Roam

Here's a few more for your consideration:

Here, There and Everywhere

Why Don't We Do It in the Road

The Long and Winding Road

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey

Fool On the Hill

:o All by the Beatles :D !

So much for my attempt at GC75C3 - Peak-A-Boo: Mt. Whitney this past week. Between snow, ice and altitude sickness, most of our group was out of the running. We ended up backpacking/camping at Trail Camp, 12,000 ft for the night but not trying for the summit. Its hard to even know if the cache was locked under the reported 2-3 ft of snow. About 1/2 the hikers were turning back while some went ahead.

This has got to be one of the more tiring DNFs I've logged yet. We'll be back next summer for sure!

Dan-oh

Great pictures Dan-oh. Thanks for sharing. RM

Searchin', The Coasters

I'll take you there, The Staple Singers

I can see Cleary Now, Johnny Nash (when I get a lifeline)

Over the Hills and Far Away, Led Zeppelin

Dazed and Confused, Led Zeppelin (how I feel on Dan oh caches)

For those about to Rock, AC-DC (great hiking tune)

Route 66, Depeche Mode

The B-52s....Roam

The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again!"

Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"

CCR - "Up Around the Bend"

Led Zeppelin - "Immigrant Song" (just because it's a great song!)

Edited by TrailGators
The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again!" 

Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"

CCR - "Up Around the Bend"

Led Zeppelin - "Immigrant Song" (just because it's a great song!)

King of the road-roger miller

KING OF THE ROAD

Words and Music by Roger Miller

Trailer for sale or rent, rooms to let fifty cents

No phone, no pool, no pets, I ain't got no cigarettes

Ah but two hours of pushin' broom buys and eight by twelve four-bit room

I'm a man of means by no means, king of the road

Third boxcar midnight train, destination Bangor, Maine

Old worn out suit and shoes, I don't pay no union dues

I smoke old stogies I have found, short but not too big around

I'm a man of means by no means, king of the road

I know every engineer on every train

All the children and all of their names

And every handout in every town

And every lock that ain't locked when no-one's around

I sing...

Highway to Hell- ACDC

Roll on - Alabama

Take it easy - the eagles

Edited by The Dillon Gang

So much for my attempt at GC75C3 - Peak-A-Boo: Mt. Whitney this past week.  Between snow, ice and altitude sickness, most of our group was out of the running.  We ended up backpacking/camping at Trail Camp, 12,000 ft for the night but not trying for the summit.  Its hard to even know if the cache was locked under the reported 2-3 ft of snow.  About 1/2 the hikers were turning back while some went ahead.

This has got to be one of the more tiring DNFs I've logged yet.  We'll be back next summer for sure!

Dan-oh

What do you mean a DNF? Don't you have to get into the vicinity in order to not find it???? :unsure:

You can't forget this timeless classic by the world famous French performer Le Petomane :unsure:

pujol2.jpg

Brilliant !!! :unsure:

Edited by PassingWind