The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Hi everyone,

I am training for the Honolulu Marathon with the Leukemia Team in Training. This is # 5 for me. I am doing it in memory of my sis in law who passed away from Lymphoma. If you would like to donate please go to http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/tntsdhpbroadw or send a check made out to the Leukemia/Lymphoma society to Pat Broadway

6508 Bradford St

San Diego, Ca 92115

I do these so someone else won't have to suffer. If possible please respond by Oct 11th. I may get to go to New Orleans so need to get on top of this fundraising. Will also see what geocaches survived out there if I get to go.

Thanks a bunch for considering to support the Leukemia Society.

Well- the ever popular San Diego Thread has spun off 3 times- Coin Club, Banter (Photochopping), and now the Congratulations. What will be next?

It's a sign of the original thread's success. SD cachers are great. I wish we had a Cheers Bar where we could all hang out regularly- and we already know each others' names.

Dave

Well- the ever popular San Diego Thread has spun off 3 times- Coin Club, Banter (Photochopping), and now the Congratulations. What will be next?

It's a sign of the original thread's success. SD cachers are great. I wish we had a Cheers Bar where we could all hang out regularly- and we already know each others' names.

Dave

Hey Now! What about Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards thread? Can I be Norm?

D!

And what the heck is "Coin Club?"  Am I that out of it??

The first rule about Coin Club is don't talk about Coin Club!

:ph34r: That's Funny!

"You aren't alive anywhere like you're alive at coin club.... Coin club isn't about winning or losing coins.  Coin club isn't about words.  You see a guy come to coin club for the first time, and his a** is a loaf of white bread.  You see this same guy here six months later, and he looks carved out of wood.  This guy trusts himself to handle anything.  There's grunting and noise at coin club like at the gym, but coin club isn't about looking good.  There's hysterical shouting in tongues like at church, and when you wake up Sunday afternoon you feel saved".  ~Chapter 6 :D

And what the heck is "Coin Club?"  Am I that out of it??

The first rule about Coin Club is don't talk about Coin Club!

:ph34r: That's Funny!

"You aren't alive anywhere like you're alive at coin club.... Coin club isn't about winning or losing coins.  Coin club isn't about words.  You see a guy come to coin club for the first time, and his a** is a loaf of white bread.  You see this same guy here six months later, and he looks carved out of wood.  This guy trusts himself to handle anything.  There's grunting and noise at coin club like at the gym, but coin club isn't about looking good.  There's hysterical shouting in tongues like at church, and when you wake up Sunday afternoon you feel saved".  ~Chapter 6 :D

Sounds like a good movie for Ed Norton and Brad Pitt. However, like Tom I have no clue what you guys are talking about....unless "it's a show about nothing"!

Edited by TrailGators
Sounds like a good movie for Ed Norton and Brad Pitt. However, like Tom I have no clue what you guys are talking about....unless "it's a show about nothing"!

In case you truly don't know what PW is talking about, we started another thread in the Southwest region creating a coin buyers club. We started out just sharing notes, and buying coins. Now, we have progressed, thanks in great part to Mrs. PW, to creating our own coin to represent our region.

In case you are still wondering, check out the "Travel Bug" forum in the main forum groups and see all the activity regarding coin trading and personal coins there. And, as if that wasn't bad enough, our hobby has now hit ebay like a storm. Just log on to ebay and do a search for "geocoin" and see what you find. There are coins there that were between $5 and $10 when we bought them originally, and one of them just sold for over $100 tonight.

It's getting out of control!

Yes, we do this in the coin club...

C4

Geo-Rocktober Fest has been submitted.

hosted aby Dan-oh, Bob & the 3 bears, and the Dillon Gang

Picnic in Mast Park in Santee...Sunday September 25

Check out GCQFFZ

should be up soon. time to play with rocks and camo

Its up and running.....will update with more info. Dan-oh is brewing up some cammo...

Fattboy are you comin??

Edited by The Dillon Gang

In case you truly don't know what PW is talking about, we started another thread in the Southwest region creating a coin buyers club. We started out just sharing notes, and buying coins. Now, we have progressed, thanks in great part to Mrs. PW, to creating our own coin to represent our region.

In case you are still wondering, check out the "Travel Bug" forum in the main forum groups and see all the activity regarding coin trading and personal coins there. And, as if that wasn't bad enough, our hobby has now hit ebay like a storm. Just log on to ebay and do a search for "geocoin" and see what you find. There are coins there that were between $5 and $10 when we bought them originally, and one of them just sold for over $100 tonight.

It's getting out of control!

Yes, we do this in the coin club...

C4

Thanks for clearning that up C4! :ph34r:

fbe2b7c7-2f16-48e6-af07-1145abd3fd13.jpg

The coin looks great!!! Thanks for designing it.

Just wanted to give an update on my Shutterbug Traveling Cache (GCB92C). After bouncing all over the country for the last few years, it is now back in California. I was just advised that it will be hidden within the next week or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will drift south. :D

Maybe it will make it to one of our upcoming events so we can all finally log it! :D

Help! ... we're being held captives at a lake-front property in upstate New Hampshire. They are forcing us to Geocache, kayak, spead-boat, water ski, hike through the forests, and eat lots of New England seafood.

Pleas, o please, notify authorities at earliest opportunity.

Harmon & Sandy

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hey gang,

I think I remember someone posting a note about the GeoFest this weekend.

Did anyone decide to attend?

I wasn't planning on it since the kids have a busy schedule tomorrow, but I just found out I have a cache nominated for an award! :D

I know there is no chance I'll win, since not enough people from up there have visited, but I am still thinking about heading up...but then again, I do have a 30-45 minute head start on most of you! ;)

C4

QUOTE (FlagMan @ Sep 11 2005, 06:52 AM)

QUOTE (John&Jess @ Sep 11 2005, 12:37 AM)

Contest time...guess where this is.

? Picture 

Near Team Gecko's Lost World cache? 

Closest of all the guesses!  but not really too 'near' that one!

Mmmph wrmpg wmmhtph mmmph! :grin:

If Jess would take her hand off my mouth, I'd tell you where that picture was taken! B)