The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Question: Are any of you locals planning on going to this event?

http://www.socalgeocachers.com/modules.php?name=geofest

That looks like fun too.

I will be going to the October 1st event up in Big Bear.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCPYA9

I planted 3 caches on the John Bull Trail just this last weekend. (Sorry BikeDog- I know you were just there.) Hopefully there'll be some more on this trail and other 4WD trails before this event.

I went wheeling instead of doing the pizza event. Shame on me- but it was my last opportunity before I head back to school/work.

Dave

A few of us have gone to those. (Not me.) It says Southern California, and I know we San Diegans are more than welcome, but I can tell you that it's going to be primarily an LA/Orange/Ventura/Riverside group up there. It's not very likely that any San Diego geocaches are going to win in a vote for example (not unless we all go en mass.) I invited folks from up north to do Snakes and Ladders for instance, but only one or two came to try.

Parsa

A few of us have gone to those. (Not me.) It says Southern California, and I know we San Diegans are more than welcome, but I can tell you that it's going to be primarily an LA/Orange/Ventura/Riverside group up there. It's not very likely that any San Diego geocaches are going to win in a vote for example (not unless we all go en mass.) I invited folks from up north to do Snakes and Ladders for instance, but only one or two came to try.

Parsa

I vote for en masse then ...

:mad:

My 9yr old daughter has committed to join me on the Midnight Bike Ride this Saturday.

We'll be riding our 1970's Schwinn Softgrip tandem bike; it's a heavy beast but the course is relatively flat.

If someone would like to borrow our Trailer Bike, give me a call; the bike attaches to the seatpost and is ideal for 5-8 year olds.

Time for an Avatar change....out with the old and in with the new, I'm sure DJ will approve  ;)

sit1.jpg

BTW....The Santee Lakes Letterbox cache has been adopted and is now up and running thanks to the Disney Gang. We'll see how long it lasts this time!  :laughing:

On another note....GCQ8G2 :D

You betcha that DJ will approve!!! That is one slick Avatar!!

Oh...and I'm sure you'll approve this!!!!

Go VIKES....Beat the Chargers!!!

Just wanted to extend a big THANKS to Princess Toadstool for the GREAT event! It was loads of fun! It was great seeing some of you again!

FYI: We briefly mention the event in our latest show (#12)

http://www.podcacher.com

Cheers!

Props to iTrax and FoxTail for a great job on their podcasts.

We talked a little about them at the pizza event so I'm getting caught up the last few days. Since I don't have a portable MP3 player, I've been listening to burned CD's during drive time. Hey, I hardly noticed the mondo traffic jam this morning while I listened to shows 8, 9 and 10.

<plug>

If you haven't checked them out yet, stop by their web site.

www.podcacher.com

</plug>

Keep up the great work!

;)

Help...

I am in Norway and am having a problem.

I have not been able to receive pocket queries for the past 24hours.

I ran 5 yesterday and 1 today...they all ran but none arrived in my e-mail.

I am receiving other e-mails from the geocaching site...and have tried 3 other e-mail address....but no joy....also ran a small one to see if size was a problem...no joy.

I have run 100's of previous pocket queries including about 20 since I have been in Norway...and never had a problem.

Is any one else having a problem or what can I do to correct this.

It is killing my chance to cache in Oslo.

Thanks, Dave and Sumrall

PS We miss you-all!

;)

Help...

I am receiving other e-mails from the geocaching site...and have tried 3 other e-mail address....but no joy....also ran a small one to see if size was a problem...no joy.

I have run 100's of previous pocket queries including about 20 since I have been in Norway...and never had a problem.

Thanks, Dave and Sumrall

PS We miss you-all!

Do you have a printer? ;) I guess the only workaround is to go to nearest caches, check all the boxes and download the .loc file. Another idea would be for you to send your target coords to me and I could try to run a PQ and email it to you!

;)

Help...

Thanks, Dave and Sumrall

PS We miss you-all!

I'm in Escondido and have the same problem.

I ran two PQ's yesterday and one this morning... nothing... ;)

Anyone else?

Nick

GrnZoom

I got two last night when I logged on after a long day of caching. They came to my regular email address at my ISP, www.intergate.com.

Maybe some ISPs are blocking mail from Groudspeak . . . :huh:

Are you clicking on the links in the emails to have the scheduled PQs run again, or are you creating brand new ones? . . . that usually makes PQs that run right away.

Hi D&S!

Recently, the emails that the PQs come with say they're having problems, and that unless you re-activate the PQ, it won't run next time. They provide a link (in the email) to re-activate it, or you can go to your Pocket Queries list and tick the box to have it rerun. If you hadn't noticed that, you won't be getting any regular PQs delivered.

I just created and ran a new PQ and it came back just fine. However, I didn't check to see if any new caches were missing. I did notice last week that the Pizza Event was missing from my PQ. I thought it was strange but really didn't think about it too much. Now I'll have to double check my PQs for this issue.

Anyhow, I've learned that's it's better to create a new PQ each week because new ones are given priority. Usually I get them back with 5-10 minutes of running them.

Edited by TrailGators
My PQs just arrived!! yeah!

My PQ's arrived too :huh:

Nick

GrnZoom

:o Thanks for all of your help...and thanks to those of you that offered to run them and e-mail them to me....you guys and girls are great/family.

Well I am happy to say they all arrived a few minutes ago....two days late but they made it. Sorry to say I have covered many miles in Oslo without them...hate to think of all of the caches we walked by. Oh well we are having a great time even if are caching numbers are down. We will be in Sweden in a few hours.

Thanks again

I guess I have to congratulate in this forum PQGeoTrekkers for their FTF on my puzzle cache here in New Jersey, The Masterful Cache. Yes yes....it's a retread of Pay Homage to the Master. But they hadn't figured that one out so they had no a priori knowledge.

How weird. A SD cacher out in NJ on business FTFs a cache of mine stumping the Jersey locals. Congrats! Three teams had the final coords and he beat them all! Good job PQGeotrekkers!

Hope I don't get accused of favourtism out here by the locals. You saw what they did to Hoffa!

--TT--