The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

My photo for the Jeep Contest is behind by 3 votes! If you haven't voted yet, please take a look at my entry. If you feel it's worthy, please vote for it. 

Ok, you got my vote! :unsure: So when does the contest end?

The 15th of the month, and thank you very much. Of course, now I see a picture that has 8 more votes than mine! :unsure:

Make that 7 votes.

Congrats on 200.

Come on folks, lets all vote so a local yocal can win.  Wouldn't it be neat if he won the jeep?! :unsure:  :unsure:

Maybe we could form a pact and win the Jeep as a group. Take turns each weekend or divide it into parts?! Dibbs on the rear shock mounting bolt!

Put . . . the candle . . . back!

"Walk this Way!" :mad:

7dccc43f-21e1-46b7-9d5b-07ae178aa637.jpg

A little trivia here folks: The "Walk this way," scene was the inspiration for Aerosmith's classic song "Walk This Way"! The band had written out some lyrics and part of a tune, but they needed a continuing line to make it click. When they caught a late night showing of Mel Brooks's masterpiece, and they saw the scene, they knew they had it.

This sure is a long thread! It just goes on, and on..

Yup. You didn't read it all did you?

nope. I just started at the end. :lol:

So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)? :lol: I dont even know where to begin on most of them. Appearently TT was quite the puzzler. I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow. My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

Always thinking - thats why it hurts!

:mad:

I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow.  My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

None of them are similar. The hardest part is figuring out the right approach. After that it is usually downhill....

Edited by TrailGators
So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)? :lol: I dont even know where to begin on most of them. Appearently TT was quite the puzzler. I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow. My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

:mad:

Well, the simple answer to getting all the puzzles off your "closest to home" list is to click on the "ignore listing" tab at the top of the page, though I think that may be a members only feature.

The best answer is to try to solve/find them! There aren't many TT puzzles out your way, but if you're going to start solving puzzle caches, I wouldn't necessarily suggest starting with any of his! The thing with puzzles is that sometimes you see the answer straight away, and sometimes you never will, without some help. If you're stuck, you can always email the cache owner to give you a hint to get you started, and most people will be happy to help.

This sure is a long thread! It just goes on, and on..

Yup. You didn't read it all did you?

nope. I just started at the end. :lol:

So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)? :mad: I dont even know where to begin on most of them. Appearently TT was quite the puzzler. I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow. My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

:lol:

What have you got to offer? I can usually be had for a price....

So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)? :P I dont even know where to begin on most of them. Appearently TT was quite the puzzler. I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow. My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

Agreed.... as one of TT's co-conspirators, {and older brother}, I can confirm that all of those puzzles are dramatically different. Quite deliberately so. Jeff and I have always tried to come up with new and original ideas every time we make a puzzle.

The advice I can give you on our puzzles is to:

1) Assume nothing

2) Brush up on alternate coordinate systems

3) Prepare to have to learn something you may not know about

4) Stock up on Excedrin

Hey, guys, the San Diego Thread is about to hit a milestone -- 100 pages! I think Night Hunter should somehow post the reply that takes it over the edge.... 

Yea, that sounds like a good idea! :lol: But how do we know when the page is going to turn? :P Maybe Night Hunter should just start inserting a book until the page flips. :P

Speaking of which, where is Night Hunter? Haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair nor squeak from him for a long time. :lol:

Yes...Tom's price is fairly low. He really is a quite a cheap date. :P

------------------------------------------------------

Now no going and spilling any secrets of my caches, guys. Where's the fun in that?

And Adelos, even though I moved to Jersey last month, you can always e-mail me or the current cache owners for help. I believe I adopted out all my caches last month to owners who had found them before, so they should know the solution. Or at least can urge you gently towards the answer. Believe it or not I do want my caches to be found......Eventually.

And the best way to avoid those puzzles caches that clutter San Diego.

Go find them....

Or a time machine. Go back circa November 2003. Wasn't so much madness then.

--TT--

Hey, guys, the San Diego Thread is about to hit a milestone -- 100 pages! I think Night Hunter should somehow post the reply that takes it over the edge.... 

Yea, that sounds like a good idea! :lol: But how do we know when the page is going to turn? :P Maybe Night Hunter should just start inserting a book until the page flips. :P

Speaking of which, where is Night Hunter? Haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair nor squeak from him for a long time. :lol:

There are an average of ~49 posts/page. This is post #19 for this page.

So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)?  :P  I dont even know where to begin on most of them.  Appearently TT was quite the puzzler.  I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow.  My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

:P

Us too! :lol::lol::P

TT Puzzle Book

"Walk this Way!" :P

7dccc43f-21e1-46b7-9d5b-07ae178aa637.jpg

A little trivia here folks: The "Walk this way," scene was the inspiration for Aerosmith's classic song "Walk This Way"! The band had written out some lyrics and part of a tune, but they needed a continuing line to make it click. When they caught a late night showing of Mel Brooks's masterpiece, and they saw the scene, they knew they had it.

Young Frankenstein!!! good movie... but what's the question? Igor says to some, uh, guest i guess you could say, to "Walk this way," and then the guest imitates Igor's walk. Quite funny, really.

Hey, you can do a search for "young frankenstein" AND "Walk This Way" and it will give you some good info.

Edited by Wiz Creations

I posted a question for the ebay listing. If someone bids, the listor would have to pay a hefty ebay fee. eBay.com Fees I almost made a bid for the fun of it.

Okay honestly... Do you know that there are rules against such a thing on ebay. It will likely be canceled before it completes the 7 days it has left before completion due to the fact that it is a joke. It just might be a spoiler, but $1,000,000! Who would honestly pay that much sdgurrl?

I would bid on it too kawikaturn, but if I'm wrong in the above statement, yikes!

I posted a question for the ebay listing. If someone bids, the listor would have to pay a hefty ebay fee. eBay.com Fees I almost made a bid for the fun of it.

Okay honestly... Do you know that there are rules against such a thing on ebay. It will likely be canceled before it completes the 7 days it has left before completion due to the fact that it is a joke. It just might be a spoiler, but $1,000,000! Who would honestly pay that much sdgurrl?

I would bid on it too kawikaturn, but if I'm wrong in the above statement, yikes!

Thanks for the eBay head's up! But...did you figure out the puzzle yet :P:lol: ?

~Jess

Ok, anyone in San Diego area I need your help. Everyone else come along and join the fun. I like podcasting also, which is individuals that have special interested doing their own "radio" type talk shows and posting them online so they get automatically updated to an mp3 player.

I found one yesterday by a geocaching husband and wife team. (she has even hinted that her best find in a geocache was a engagement ring). Anyway one one of their episodes they made a plea for more listeners. I came up with the idea of sending the audio out on cd as a travel bug and head it in their direction and get in into the hands of someone that would create a "challenging cache" for them to find it in. I am not in the area to know or meet anyone that would be interested in participating in this portion of the fun. I would like to see if anyone on this forum would be such an individual or would know someone.

The travel bug page is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=169244

Everyone else come take a look also and listen into a lot of fun and spread the word.

I also have the topic in the travel bug forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...T&f=23&t=105238

all help and suggestions appreciated

thanks

jncrow

So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)?  :lol:  I dont even know where to begin on most of them.  Appearently TT was quite the puzzler.  I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow.  My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

:P

Us too! :lol::P:huh:

TT Puzzle Book

Holy Mother of Pearl, that's funny! I'm glad you explained that it wasn't really a book of "pie" spoilers, 'cause, you know, who would want that? :P

Oh, and did I hear someone say, "sedagive?"

Thanks for the eBay head's up! But...did you figure out the puzzle yet :P:lol: ?

~Jess

Ooo, went down to $1 and now up to $26 because there actually are bids. Shouldn't be stopped now. :lol:

Ahem.....

Is this rampant profiteering based on my hard work, that I see going on?

J&J, I would like my "inventor's fee" (aka kickback) in unmarked, non-sequential $20s delivered to my Swiss account, please.

Just for the record....I bid it up to $25.00 this morning. Hey. Gotta pay to play, eh?

--TT--

Gotta keep this book out of circulation -- bad for business, you see... Anyone gunna outbid me?

QUOTE (FlagMan @ Aug 9 2005, 03:21 PM)

QUOTE (Team Adelos @ Aug 9 2005, 12:32 PM)

So, how do I get these PUZZLE caches off of my radar of 92019 (Other than ignoring them!)?    I dont even know where to begin on most of them.  Appearently TT was quite the puzzler.  I would figure that several puzzles are similiar enough that if you get one, others would follow.  My problem is who do I get me foot in the door?

Us too!   

TT Puzzle Book

I'd love to help support your caching hobby John&Jess, but if I buy that book from you, then I won't have any reason to call and bug you anymore. <_<

Unless I do it just to taunt you about an FTF! :cry:

Edited by Cornerstone4

Yea, that sounds like a good idea! <_< But how do we know when the page is going to turn? :( Maybe Night Hunter should just start inserting a book until the page flips. :cry:

Speaking of which, where is Night Hunter? Haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair nor squeak from him for a long time. :(

:( I'm still here, but checking this thread has become a major event lately. If I don't have time to check it daily, I have to catch up on some serious reading. As fast as things go on this thread I will probally miss the mark, but I will post something as soon as I can. :(

BTW Post #35 on this page.

:(

Yea, that sounds like a good idea! <_< But how do we know when the page is going to turn? :D Maybe Night Hunter should just start inserting a book until the page flips. :cry:

Speaking of which, where is Night Hunter? Haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair nor squeak from him for a long time. :(

:( I'm still here, but checking this thread has become a major event lately. If I don't have time to check it daily, I have to catch up on some serious reading. As fast as things go on this thread I will probally miss the mark, but I will post something as soon as I can. :(

BTW Post #35 on this page.

:(

Night Hunter we can stop at Post#48 and email you!

T-12 :(

Hey all! Just wanted to inform everyone that there is a map & compass reading class at MTRP on August 20th. It's through Wilderness Outings and it's $105 (possible discount with REI or Adventure 16 membership). If you are interested, check out wildernessoutings.com or (877) 4wildout. Looks like I will be the only one attending from Team Reid, the boys are going to Montana with their parents. Hope to see some fellow geocachers there!

Robyn :lol:

Just a litte reminder... The class is coming up next weekend. I was just informed that I am the only student so far. So, if you are interested in taking the class, now might be a great time. We get the instructor all to ourselves! E-mail me if you have any questions.

Robyn of Team Reid

Night Hunter we can stop at Post#48 and email you!

T-12 :lol:

Sure, that could work, but most likely along with that e-mail I will get one with a Subscription Reply Notification telling me that somebody replied to your post to stop replying :huh:

I will try to keep close tabs on it and get the post in there as close to the turn as possible.

Well, I wanted to post #44, but what if other people are sending messages at the same time, then maybe I will push it over the top. That would really mess things up, so I guess I will just sit back and wait for the big event to happen. No sense taking a chance on posting a message and messing the count up.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. :lol:

It's 11:45p and all good little cachers appear to be in bed, except moi.

Well, I guess we're not good little cachers! Besides, NH works nights so he should still be up. Of course, he's probably out on his ATV having fun. :lol:

#46!

Remember, the message count isn't what counts but the inches.

It's 11:45p and all good little cachers appear to be in bed, except moi.

Well, I guess we're not good little cachers! Besides, NH works nights so he should still be up. Of course, he's probably out on his ATV having fun. ;)

#46!

Remember, the message count isn't what counts but the inches.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I was having fun on my ATV. But now I am done riding, and must post a vigil over this thread. :huh: