The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

So it while it IS fair to state that I think FlagMan is the only one to find all of my puzzles, no one has found ALL of my caches.

Hear that Tom.  Get yer butt to the border!...

But there was that moment in time right before or after you left when None More Southwesterly was inactive that I HAD done all your caches!

Live in the Now!!!!

Sounds like something Team Taskmaster would expect you to say on your evil reputation.

And a big sorry to see you go to Dave! Enjoy Colorado. My grandma still lives in Lakewood, so I'm there from time to time. Perhaps our paths will cross again.

--TT--

And while you're there, you can visit my grandma who resides at Mt. Olivet. :wacko: Along with my grandpa & a lot of other relatives. I grew up in the town of Colorado Coolaid. :blink::lol:

San Diego Caching Milestones

How many other people completed all the Sea to Sea?

Sorry about the rambling- but I was just wondering.

Dave

Ruscal was FTF for all 26 Sea to Sea Caches. A little while later, "Swiss Hunter" and Team Gecko also completed the series on 13 July 2003 (independently - I never met SH then or since; just saw his logs in the field and online). Kristin mailed out nice little "official" certificates of completion.

The most physically challenging were #1 followed by #2. Since the El Cajon Mountain Open Space remains closed, no one really knows if #1 survived the fire. It might have because it had some protection from large boulders.

-GD

Sea to Sea #3 Commuter Cache is now missing...the container that is. Came across all of the contents and a wet log book, it appears the thief wanted the nice container and nothing else. :wacko:

Rocket Man may be leaving, but he won't take his bridge with him!

Rocket Man Bridge

I figured a new cache in his name would be fun. Who is gonna be FTF?!!! Thanks for everything Rocket Man.

It's not every day that a cache shows up .3 miles from the house and with my name on it to boot. I had not planned to cache before leaving on Monday, but I couldn't resist an easy FTF. Thanks Dave

Sea to Sea #3 Commuter Cache is now missing...the container that is. Came across all of the contents and a wet log book, it appears the thief wanted the nice container and nothing else. :lol:

The original container on that one actually disappeared a long time ago -- that had a strange way of happening to Sea to Sea caches! What are people thinking? The container isn't a trade item... especially if you aren't trading up!

We were the second-to-find on #3, back when they were released. It was quite a memorable cache, after midnight in the drizzle, hunting around Ground Zero with the Adams Family Circus for like half an hour, looking for a black box in the dark...

Since the nice Sea to Sea people don't seem interested in maintenance, I wonder if anyone will adopt and restore this one (again)?

Thanks for the great card. Not my best picture but I AM honored. By the ways, how can I see the "dark side" of this card?

Move on over to the Yrium Geocacher Trading Cards thread and you will be able to see where they have been dropped. Four were spotted in Max's Favorite Park this morning, but they are probably gone by now. But more may be spotted, perhaps even in one of your own caches if you're lucky. Of course, whoever is responsible for those ghastly misprints is a complete mystery to me.....

Thanks for the great card.  Not my best picture but I AM honored.  By the ways, how can I see the "dark side" of this card?

Move on over to the Yrium Geocacher Trading Cards thread and you will be able to see where they have been dropped. Four were spotted in Max's Favorite Park this morning, but they are probably gone by now. But more may be spotted, perhaps even in one of your own caches if you're lucky. Of course, whoever is responsible for those ghastly misprints is a complete mystery to me.....

9:30 pm.

Gecko Gurl/Green Gecko (depends on which day you ask her) and I hustled down to Max's this evening. We picked up one regular PT and one "royal" PT. There are two of the dark side variations and many regular cards still in the cache. Left a YMS #2 of Night Hunter that I picked up earlier today on Eagle Mountain.

-Gecko Dad

Anybody out there know if there is a major event happening on mission bay September 24/25? Boat Races? Marathons?  Geocaching Picnics? (thinking of moving Geo-Rock-Tober to Sept cause of another major event cache....Splashette's Truckhaven campout at the end of October.

The end of September is when most Ocktobest fests are held. I used to go to big the one in LaCrosse, Wisconsin every year. What a blast! I'm not sure if there are are similar fests around SD that week. But I know after talking several cachers that the Sept. 24th-25th weekend would be better than mid-October for us. Plus like you said, there is another event at the end of October. That's my two cents.

Edited by TrailGators
This cache has has 10 DNFs of which 4 are Archive requests since April 9th and somehow it is still active! I'm just curious why the Archive requests don't seem to be working. Does anybody know?

At least I was the FTF instead of the first to NOT find! Usually I'm the latter.

The archive requests came within a few days of each other. Generally I think they try and get in contact with the owner before archiving a cache to see if the owner will replace it, but this is one of those newbie cache placements that drive everyone nuts.

Parsa

This cache has has 10 DNFs of which 4 are Archive requests since April 9th and somehow it is still active! I'm just curious why the Archive requests don't seem to be working. Does anybody know?

At least I was the FTF instead of the first to NOT find! Usually I'm the latter.

The archive requests came within a few days of each other. Generally I think they try and get in contact with the owner before archiving a cache to see if the owner will replace it, but this is one of those newbie cache placements that drive everyone nuts.

Parsa

I don't understand why they can't just temporarily archive the darn thing? That is reversible if the guy wakes up and replaces it! The archive requests came on July 3rd, July 19th and two more came on Aug 2nd. That's plenty of time! I'm surprised that the admin hasn't taken care of this one yet. If you visit the cache page it is obvious that the cache and the owner are both history. I guess I'll have to email the admin because the archive requests are ineffective.

Edited by TrailGators

Parsa

Someone should just force the issue and place a cache nearby. When the admin notices that another cache is twenty feet away- they'll be forced to archive that old cache.

Dave

Parsa

Someone should just force the issue and place a cache nearby. When the admin notices that another cache is twenty feet away- they'll be forced to archive that old cache.

Dave

I just sent an email.

CONGRATS TO QDMAN - 200

Why, thank you. :unsure:

On another note:

HELP!

My photo for the Jeep Contest is behind by 3 votes! If you haven't voted yet, please take a look at my entry. If you feel it's worthy, please vote for it. :laughing:

Well, OK, since its your birthday (cache milestone) and everything....

Congrats on the 200!

CONGRATS TO QDMAN - 200

Why, thank you. :unsure:

On another note:

HELP!

My photo for the Jeep Contest is behind by 3 votes! If you haven't voted yet, please take a look at my entry. If you feel it's worthy, please vote for it. :unsure:

:unsure::rolleyes:Congrats to QDMan on #200. :unsure: :unsure:

I voted for your jeep picture! (Apologies to the person I changed my vote from :unsure:)

Edited by idiosyncratic

A new podcast is posted.

www.podcacher.com

iTrax and FoxTail

Muhh, I've just heard Dave (GoBolt)'s intro to show #8, hahaha :unsure:

I did the 1st Podcache at the weekend, and it was great fun. I should get around to the Balboa Park one sometime soon too. I did it as you intended, playing the MP3 in my PSP as I walked around, not cheating like some people I could mention! :unsure:

Hello everyone! Haven't been out there doing much caching for a while, due to some very busy times (some tragedy). Anyway, my Shutterbug Traveling Cache (GCB92C) which launched 12-27-2002 above Sunset Cliffs, is now sitting off of I-40 in New Mexico. I was hoping that if anyone was going to be out that way, they might try n grab it to bring it back to SD.

On another note... Mannnnnn! Looking at the stats of people I was caching around.... Now in the THOUSANDS!!!! If this is a "game" does that mean I lost??? Pass go and do not collect $200.00???

Hello everyone!  Haven't been out there doing much caching for a while, due to some very busy times (some tragedy).  Anyway, my Shutterbug Traveling Cache (GCB92C) which launched 12-27-2002 above Sunset Cliffs, is now sitting off of I-40 in New Mexico.  I was hoping that if anyone was going to be out that way, they might try n grab it to bring it back to SD.

On another note...  Mannnnnn!  Looking at the stats of people I was caching around....  Now in the THOUSANDS!!!!  If this is a "game" does that mean I lost???  Pass go and do not collect $200.00???

I missed out twice on getting your cache! I can't wait until it comes back to SD! We should all try to keep it in SD for a little while! :unsure:

It's been a lot of work maintaining this thing. It seems like everytime it starts a trek westbound, someone picks it up and moves east! Talking to the last hider, there isn't a whole bunch of caching activity where it is now. So it might be there a while... I just want to read all of the log entries. Although the container and camera have been changed out, the original log is still inside.

It's been a lot of work maintaining this thing.  It seems like everytime it starts a trek westbound, someone picks it up and moves east!

Talking to the last hider, there isn't a whole bunch of caching activity where it is now.  So it might be there a while...  I just want to read all of the log entries.  Although the container and camera have been changed out, the original log is still inside.

Because they don't allow traveling caches any more, your cache is a real novelty!

P.S. Great Avatar! Should we start some Young Frankenstein quotes! :unsure:

Edited by TrailGators
Ok, this memorable quote, before I get ready for bed...

"Would you mind telling me, who's brain I put in?"

"And you won't be angry?"

"I will not be angry."

"Abby-someone."

"Abby-someone.  Abby who?"

"Abby-Normal."

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!  Thank you for coming!

"Good night, Frau Blücher. [horses whinny] " :unsure:

Edited by TrailGators
My photo for the Jeep Contest is behind by 3 votes! If you haven't voted yet, please take a look at my entry. If you feel it's worthy, please vote for it. 

Ok, you got my vote! :unsure: So when does the contest end?

The 15th of the month, and thank you very much. Of course, now I see a picture that has 8 more votes than mine! :unsure: