The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Sumrall and I depart, for six weeks in Sweeden and Norway, <_< on August 5th.

If you have any TBs, Coins or Mount10bike coins :o that would like to go (one way or round trip), please get them to us...we will be attending the CITO event.

Happy Caching :D

PS No Harmon you do not count as a TB :o .

8e09a457-cf5e-4b7b-a545-f8e0f0985481.jpg

Three amigos - "And they called us scum-sucking pigs. Us!"

Too funny, I was lookng at the pics with my daughter (2.5 years) in my lap and she says, " that's you daddy." I took a closer look...oh, it is! I think I need glasses!

D!

More on this image on the San Diego Banter thread.

Congratulations! you have become a PhotoShop model like Splashette and $kimmer.

"With a big awrn on his hip."

Edited by SD Rowdies
Sumrall and I depart, for six weeks in Sweeden and Norway, <_< on August 5th.

If you have any TBs, Coins or Mount10bike coins :o that would like to go (one way or round trip), please get them to us...we will be attending the CITO event.

Happy Caching :D

PS No Harmon you do not count as a TB :o .

Dang! I keep hoping. Would be a good chance to purchase another carved horsey.

Don't pass up this opportunity for a good tour guide. I did a few business trips to Sundsvall during winter months with regard to the Swedish television and cable broadcasting industry. Had a chance to sail on an old steam-powered tug while breaking through very thick sea ice. Ate lots of traditional Swedish mystery-meat meals. Yum.

If you are going near Sundsvall I can put you onto a terrific Swedish budaborg installation that's situated in an old mental-institution building. Now that was really worth doing.

Puh-lease take me with you. Puh-lease!

Harmon

Sumrall and I depart, for six weeks in Sweeden and Norway, :) on August 5th.

If you have any TBs, Coins or Mount10bike coins  :)  that would like to go (one way or round trip), please get them to us...we will be attending the CITO event. 

Happy Caching :)

PS No Harmon you do not count as a TB :) .

Dang! I keep hoping. Would be a good chance to purchase another carved horsey.

Don't pass up this opportunity for a good tour guide. I did a few business trips to Sundsvall during winter months with regard to the Swedish television and cable broadcasting industry. Had a chance to sail on an old steam-powered tug while breaking through very thick sea ice. Ate lots of traditional Swedish mystery-meat meals. Yum.

If you are going near Sundsvall I can put you onto a terrific Swedish budaborg installation that's situated in an old mental-institution building. Now that was really worth doing.

Puh-lease take me with you. Puh-lease!

Harmon

By the way, as long as you are going to be in Sweden, inquiring minds would like to know how to say "Passing Wind" in the Swedish tongue.

LXG (4/3) is in the queue.

D!

LXG: The League of Extraordinary Geocachers.

Man I hope I make the list....I'm not sure what my super power is yet. Gotta be better than those lame-ohs Zan and Jana.

On that topic...honestly, why were the Super Twins even allowed within sniffing distance of the Hall of Justice???

"Form of.....odd animal

Shape of...useless bucket of ice."

Also..Apache Chief....c'mon now. Ooooooh I can grow to 30 ft tall. Another Justice League member who should have had his credentials revoked.

--------------------------

Sorry....jersey is making me bitter. They've taken to the "cuckoo's egg" cache approach out here wherein somebody posts offsets to their own caches in others' caches. There's like 4 or 5 of these multis around my place.

So much fun when one of the the offset-holding caches goes missing and no one bothers to replace it, thereby de facto disabling two caches.

Imagine that stuff on your first page to do.

</rant>

--TT--

By the way, as long as you are going to be in Sweden, inquiring minds would like to know how to say "Passing Wind" in the Swedish tongue.

he he....."PassingWind" is a universal language!! :)farting.gif

Fun vik Svenska:

SWEDISH:

Fjärt (a fart);

Pruttar (a fart);

Äggmök (a smelly fart);

Fiser (to fart);

Göra en stinkare (to fart with smell)

"a fart" in English is "en fis" in Swedish.

The true cognate is "fjärt", but that's rather old-fashioned.

"fart" in Swedish means "speed".

Speed bumps are sometimes called "farthinder" in Swedish, believe it or not!

:)

---------------------------------------------------

And now you know.....

[A] And knowing is half the battle.

The rest of the story.

--TT--

Edited by TucsonThompsen
LXG (4/3) is in the queue.

D!

LXG: The League of Extraordinary Geocachers.

Man I hope I make the list....I'm not sure what my super power is yet. Gotta be better than those lame-ohs Zan and Jana.

--TT--

ecb6458f-34f0-4e9f-b58b-6c1f6942129d.jpg

GeoLeader!

Edited by Duscwé!
"a fart" in English is "en fis" in Swedish.

The true cognate is "fjärt", but that's rather old-fashioned.

"fart" in Swedish means "speed".

Speed bumps are sometimes called "farthinder" in Swedish, believe it or not!

And in German "fahrt" means drive so you'll see "einfahrt" (one way) signs all over the place. <snicker, snicker> :):)

Thinking about driving out to the 67 road/trailhead today and climbing Woodson to Passing Wind's Earthcache, then down the backside to Chuy's Wisonsin Cheese, then back up to the Fry-Koegle connector and back around the mountain that way to the 67 again. That is, unless I get some brainstorm on LXG! Anyone interested in joining me at about 1 pm -- height of the heat? No dogs invited (too hot for puppy paws!). I've already gotten all but the Earthcache and cheese, but there's also Two Dams View - Woodson, Colette's Last View, Purple Nebulosity, The Mountain of Moonlit Rocks, Mt. Woodson Forest and even the Woody Woodpecker series to be found on this hike. Ten caches in all! Anyone interested? Give me a call on my cell or shoot me an e-mail with a number where I can reach you to coordinate. Probably close to 2000' total ascent for the whole loop. Must have full camelback and sweatbands......

Edited by FlagMan
Thinking about driving out to the 67 road/trailhead today and climbing Woodson to Passing Wind's Earthcache, then down the backside to Chuy's Wisonsin Cheese, then back up to the Fry-Koegle connector and back around the mountain that way to the 67 again.  That is, unless I get some brainstorm on LXG!  Anyone interested in joining me at about 1 pm -- height of the heat?  No dogs invited (too hot for puppy paws!).  I've already gotten all but the Earthcache and cheese, but there's also Two Dams View - Woodson, Colette's Last View, Purple Nebulosity, The Mountain of Moonlit Rocks, Mt. Woodson Forest and even the Woody Woodpecker series to be found on this hike.  Ten caches in all!  Anyone interested?  Give me a call on my cell or shoot me an e-mail with a number where I can reach you to coordinate.  Probably close to 2000' total ascent for the whole loop.  Must have full camelback and sweatbands......

I did that exact hike last weekend....it's a killer! :anibad:

You'll have to backtrack a bit after grabbing the Woodpecker caches to get back onto the paved portion of the trail leading to the top. The Fry-Koegel trail leading back down and to Hwy 67 is pretty nice. Bring plenty of water...I ran out 3/4 of the way through.

This should prep you for my new caches just release ! :anibad::(

Does anybody here use the Mapsource City Select map product from Garmin on their GPS'r?

I was thinking about buying it, but when I go to the product page on the Garmin online store:

http://www.garmin.com//cartography/mapSource/cityselect.jsp

and then use the map viewer in the upper right hand corner, the amount of detail shown on the map looks just about as good as the base map in the unit (no residential streets, only highways and main surface streets shown). Does this online map accurately represent the data you get with the disc? Anybody know?

Thanks,

Tony

Does anybody here use the Mapsource City Select map product from Garmin on their GPS'r?

I was thinking about buying it, but when I go to the product page on the Garmin online store:

and then use the map viewer in the upper right hand corner, the amount of detail shown on the map looks just about as good as the base map in the unit (no residential streets, only highways and main surface streets shown). Does this online map accurately represent the data you get with the disc? Anybody know?

Thanks,

Tony

I use it every day and love it. I could not live without it now. Give me a call and we can talk about it.

There are two in this photo that have/will move away.

4c247cd5-ab82-460e-8d7c-da90755a4b31.jpg

Who's next?

When you think about it you realize that they have to move away because they have done all of the local caches. Besides, there's not a one of them that isn't from outer space. Worth mentioning is the fact that this photo was taken outside of San Diego County.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Thinking about driving out to the 67 road/trailhead today and climbing Woodson to Passing Wind's Earthcache, then down the backside to Chuy's Wisonsin Cheese, then back up to the Fry-Koegle connector and back around the mountain that way to the 67 again. That is, unless I get some brainstorm on LXG! Anyone interested in joining me at about 1 pm -- height of the heat? No dogs invited (too hot for puppy paws!). I've already gotten all but the Earthcache and cheese, but there's also Two Dams View - Woodson, Colette's Last View, Purple Nebulosity, The Mountain of Moonlit Rocks, Mt. Woodson Forest and even the Woody Woodpecker series to be found on this hike. Ten caches in all! Anyone interested? Give me a call on my cell or shoot me an e-mail with a number where I can reach you to coordinate. Probably close to 2000' total ascent for the whole loop. Must have full camelback and sweatbands......

Change of plans. Looks like Jess, Duncan and I are heading up to Passing Winds' new caches instead.....

and then use the map viewer in the upper right hand corner, the amount of detail shown on the map looks just about as good as the base map in the unit (no residential streets, only highways and main  surface streets shown).  Does this online map accurately represent the data you get with the disc?  Anybody know?

Thanks,

Tony

I use it every day and love it. I could not live without it now. Give me a call and we can talk about it.

If your GPS supports auto routing, the software is a godsend. Otherwise, Google Earth and Maps will suffice.

The map on the Garmin website is pathetic. Trust me, the detail is down to all public streets and many unpaved dirt roads.

Thanks,

Tony

This should give you some idea of the detail:

6cd616a8-2c76-40b3-8278-d4c5299c2cbd.jpg

:anibad: CITO at CCF :(

Cedar Creek Falls HOT Summer Event 2005

by zatyko, PassingWind & PrincessT

GCPPFB

:anibad:

Cedar Creek Falls

Ramona Oaks

Cheers, PW farting.gif

I'm arriving at 6a to visit Burnt Rocks and Lake View. I will park at the end of Ramona Oaks Rd. to visit Burnt Rocks first, then head over to the CITO parking coords for Lake View.

Join me and GD Ginger if you can.

Burnt Rocks is about 1.4 miles RT with a 9% grade; Lake view is about 1.3 miles RT with a 11% grade, mas o menos.

P-W, I just notice those stinky smileys!

Edited by Chuy

Sunday we Zoomed out to Jamul with about 50 other Miata for the San Diego MiataClub's annual picnic.

We only need twelve caches to reach 500, so that was our goal for the day.

After the picnic, we did some caching in east county and picked up our 500th Fish and Chips - GCPN6Q - by T.R. Violin.

Cute cache.

We are lookng forward to many more caches and meeting interesting people, discovering new locations and learning a thing or two along the way.

Nick & Sharon

TeamGrnZoom

Sunday we Zoomed out to Jamul with about 50 other Miata for the San Diego MiataClub's annual picnic.

After the picnic, we did some caching in east county and picked  up our 500th Fish and Chips -  GCPN6Q  - by T.R. Violin.

Cute cache.

We are lookng forward to many more caches and meeting interesting people, discovering new locations and learning a thing or two along the way.

Nick & Sharon

TeamGrnZoom

CONGRATS GRNZOOM ON 500 CACHES! :huh::ph34r::laughing::laughing::unsure:

Every time we get close to catching up with them, they pull ahead! Looks like we need a green Miata :laughing:

John&Jess

After the picnic, we did some caching in east county and picked up our 500th Fish and Chips - GCPN6Q - by T.R. Violin.

Cute cache.

Nick & Sharon

TeamGrnZoom

Congrats you guys! Do you have a gumball on top of that Miata from time to time? :(

After the picnic, we did some caching in east county and picked  up our 500th Fish and Chips -  GCPN6Q  - by T.R. Violin.

Cute cache.

Nick & Sharon

TeamGrnZoom

CONGRATS GRNZOOM ON 500 CACHES! :D:D:D:D:D

Every time we get close to catching up with them, they pull ahead! Looks like we need a green Miata :(

John&Jess

Congrats GrnZoom! :D

This just in from a trusted source -

"As we become more active (and as we age), aches, pains and strains may arise. What we eat can profoundly improve our health and healing. We can help an ankle repair itself and increase our sense of well-being by eating fresh pineapple upside-down cake. This tropical delight has many health benefits. Learn how pineapple upside-down cake is a natural anti-inflammatory agent with abundant Vitamin C, how to bake pineapple upside-down cake which has the most active nutrients including bromelain, and how to make a poor old man well again.

"A natural anti-inflammatory agent

"Want to give an old boy a boost in health and healing? Then you may want to add some pineapple upside-down cake to his diet. Pineapple upside-down cake is a nutritionally packed member of the bromeliad family. This delightful tropical cake is high in the enzyme bromelain and the antioxidant vitamin C; both of which play major roles in the body's healing process. It is especially effective for healing painfully broken ankles."

http://pinksunrise.com/hb/pineapples.htm

Edited by SD Rowdies

Interesting stat of the day:

In the two weeks since I left SD, there have been 46 new caches placed within a 30 mile radius of my old home.

By comparison, in the same amount of time, there have been placed, in a 30 mile radius of my place in NJ, a grand total of......

4 caches.

Chuy....congrats, your FTF numbers will soon pass mine up! Consider the gauntlet passed.

--TT--

Interesting stat of the day:

In the two weeks since I left SD, there have been 46 new caches placed within a 30 mile radius of my old home.

By comparison, in the same amount of time, there have been placed, in a 30 mile radius of my place in NJ, a grand total of......

4 caches.

Chuy....congrats, your FTF numbers will soon pass mine up!  Consider the gauntlet passed.

--TT--

I upload San Diego caches into my GPS as they come out; I was into the high 800s and heading down steadily but surely. In the past two months or so, there have been such a proliferation of both cachers and hides that my GPS is about to run out of space!

And you know what? I have but a small fraction of the FTFs :(.

It's only 'cause we both keep track of our FTFs that you are able to make a comparison. I'm curious to see how many FTFs Flagman, Team Gecko, TRViolin, Duscwé!, Splashes, Kawikaturn, and other veteran cachers have.

It was Halstaff that got me into the FTFs; anyone know where he's hiding?

Maybe we can send you Team Fatman for a month to saturate your new hometown with micros :D .

Cute cache.

Nick & Sharon

TeamGrnZoom

CONGRATS GRNZOOM ON 500 CACHES! :D:D:D:D:D

Every time we get close to catching up with them, they pull ahead! Looks like we need a green Miata :D

John&Jess

Contrats to GRNZOOM !!!!

ON 500 !!!

:D FATTBOY :D

It's only 'cause we both keep track of our FTFs that you are able to make a comparison. I'm curious to see how many FTFs Flagman, Team Gecko, TRViolin, Duscwé!, Splashes, kawikaturn, and other veteran cachers have.

I bet I have at least 100 FTFs. I have not kept track of them, but if you want to go thru all my find logs and count them, I promise I will keep counting and track them from now on! Is there a software program that can count them?!!!!

People keep asking the guy who writes GSAK to put in a column for it, but it hasn't happened yet. You can always add a note to the waypoint in your database, and make a filter to find it. Or you could make a separate database in CacheMate, for that matter. Similarly gc.com has been asked to put FTF in as a stat a number of times, but it would be harder to regulate, since the website itself can't do any automatic verification.

(P.S. I have a measly 9)