The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I've still two of my children I need to sell off for medical experiments.

Any takers for:

Stay on Target  or

Would You Like to Super-Size this?

Both are in/about MiraMesa & Scripps Ranch area. 

--TT--

O for cryin' out loud, quit begging to get rid of those two caches. I'll take "Stay on Target" because I've been asked for help on it several times. Imagine that!

You'll notice that I haven't scored it so now I must. O rats, now I can't.

How does the adoption work? Do I just look after it or is there some sort of pagan ritual involved?

Harmon

I'll take Super-Size it. That way I don't have to find it!

But how are you going to maintain it? :rolleyes:

That was probably the most fun I've had getting a DNF; and it was the first time I spent money to scope out a cache location. :lol:

I think they have my picture up in the place now with a "Suspicious-behaving Character" caption beneath it. :lol:

But how are you going to maintain it? :lol:

That was probably the most fun I've had getting a DNF; and it was the first time I spent money to scope out a cache location. :rolleyes:

I think they have my picture up in the place now with a "Suspicious-behaving Character" caption beneath it. :lol:

By ordering a cheeseburger? ;)

Maintaining would mean that it has disappeared. So I would have to get up at the crack of dawn to replace it! That's different than getting up at the crack of dawn to find it! :)

Any takers for:

Stay on Target  or

--TT--

Stopped by and logged "Would You Like to Super-Size this?" this morning while on my motorcycle. Do you think it's odd buying a Frosty while driving a motorcycle? :rolleyes:

Any takers for:

Stay on Target  or

--TT--

O for cryin' out loud, quit begging to get rid of those two caches. I'll take "Stay on Target" because I've been asked for help on it several times. Imagine that!

You'll notice that I haven't scored it so now I must. O rats, now I can't.

How does the adoption work? Do I just look after it or is there some sort of pagan ritual involved?

Harmon

Dang! wish I'd thought of that.

Doesn't this look like a fun way to knock off a 5/5 cache!

Escape From Alcatraz

Alcatraz is so past-tense.

A surprising truth is that I've actually placed Geocaches beneath the water tank at two of the forty pepper-spray cannons we installed inside California prisons. Never had the nerve to post the caches, couldn't figure out how to rate the difficulty level.

However, there's a Charlie Manson cache quite close to the eastern edge of Corcoran State Prison. Charlie played his guitar and sang old hippie songs while watching us install the three installations at Corcoran. Sitting near Charlie inside the protective-custody exercise yard with the rapists and molesters was yard-mate Sirhan Sirhan. Now that boy is sullen.

Escape From Alcatraz

A surprising truth is that I've actually placed Geocaches beneath the water tank at two of the forty pepper-spray cannons we installed inside California prisons. Never had the nerve to post the caches, couldn't figure out how to rate the difficulty level.

However, there's a Charlie Manson cache quite close to the eastern edge of Corcoran State Prison. Charlie played his guitar and sang old hippie songs while watching us install the three installations at Corcoran. Sitting near Charlie inside the protective-custody exercise yard with the rapists and molesters was yard-mate Sirhan Sirhan. Now that boy is sullen.

Name dropper!

Escape From Alcatraz

Name dropper!

O yeah, TT, Flag Man, Rocket Man, TrailGators, $kimmer and Mr. The Vulture, Splashette and Splashman, Pqcachers, Senior Sleuths, The Dillon Gang, John&Jess, Chuy, FishnJack, Carpenter from Hell, Baldy & Goldilocks, FATTBOY, ... shall I go on?

Wouldn't want to leave anybody out of this list would I?

O yeah, TT, Flag Man, Rocket Man, TrailGators, $kimmer and Mr. The Vulture, Splashette and Splashman, Pqcachers, Senior Sleuths, The Dillon Gang, John&Jess, Chuy, FishnJack, Carpenter from Hell, Baldy & Goldilocks, FATTBOY, ... shall I go on?

Is this the "sullen" list?

Edited by Team Gecko

Is this the "sullen" list?

O yeah, good point, the sullen list. Yeah, that's it, the sullen list.

On the other hand there's Team Gecko, and many more to be named at a later post.

I knew I would get into trouble over my smarting-off tendencies. No wait, I was already in trouble wasn't I?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Spent some time on saturday with Devhead and Family, Fishin Jack, and the whole Dillon Gang stuffing envelopes. Added some geocoin info cards and envelopes into the mix.

Spent an hour today getting to know the US Postal Service employees here in San Diego. They said any longer and I'd have to don a blue shirt and work the counter with them. Check out the following link to see whose coins are on the way. Watch a mailbox near you for the coins.

Geocoin Mailed List

Yes. I know that therre are people listed that are picking their's up....small issue with the excel table i was using...forgot to delete those for pickup off the mail list

Those people that are picking them up....i have them bagged and ready and will be creating a pickup event for this weekend (hopefully sunday bout 1pm ish)

For those of you attending the Cedar Creek Falls CITO event...

Tiff and I saw this today and as our first geocache event we would love to go.

We're trying to juggle work and being a one car family at this time.

If needed, what would be the chances I could slip someone a few $ for gas for a ride up and back from El Cajon?

Folks, if you're using Greasemonkey on Firefox, there's an update which you should get - apparently it's a serious security issue. Go here for version 0.3.5: http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org.

Unfortunately, updating to that version also seems to have rendered all my cool scripts nonfunctional :rolleyes: Are they still working for anyone else?

I'm not sure what to do now. I guess I'll switch back to IE for the time being. Dr. Boggis, do you have any idea what the security issue is and what's the risk? I know that IE has had tons of security issues and I kept using it.

Folks, if you're using Greasemonkey on Firefox, there's an update which you should get - apparently it's a serious security issue. Go here for version 0.3.5: http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org.

Unfortunately, updating to that version also seems to have rendered all my cool scripts nonfunctional :rolleyes: Are they still working for anyone else?

I'm not sure what to do now. I guess I'll switch back to IE for the time being. Dr. Boggis, do you have any idea what the security issue is and what's the risk? I know that IE has had tons of security issues and I kept using it.

I wouldn't switch to IE if you paid me, but if you're worried about Greasemonkey, just uninstall it! The security thing sounds serious, but if you look at the Greasemonkey blog it descends into techno-speak before I can get an idea of what's wrong. Either way, having the local files of your computer accessible by any site/machine/person on the net is not a good thing! The blog says that they've had no reports of anyone having been affected, so I wouldn't worry too much. 95% of people connected to the internet are on Windows/IE by default, and the lax security on both those systems are much more likely to be exploited maliciously anyway!

Unfortunately, updating to that version also seems to have rendered all my cool scripts nonfunctional :ph34r: Are they still working for anyone else?

I wouldn't switch to IE if you paid me . . .

I can proudly say I have never used IE. It didn't exist when I first started browsing the Internet and then just about the time Netscape got broken, I discovered the Opera browser.

What a cool program!! :lol:

I don't know if anyone has worked up something like Greasemonkey to work with Opera or not, but it has lots of very useful features, and it is more secure than IE . . . plus it is a lot more fun to use.

- - - - - - - -

I had fun using RocketMan's instructions for caches along a route to find caches for my little trip back from Reno, but I forgot to include Nevada in the state list when I did my PQ for the top end of the route. Doh!! It took me the longest time to figure out why all the caches ended a bit south of Reno. :rolleyes:

By then I used up all my PQs for the day so I'll still be fine tuning the data tomorrow. :lol:

Just in case it doesn't get posted.

Event Cache Sunday July 24

What: CA Geocoin distribution in San Diego

Where: N 32° 46.233 W 117° 09.007

Come cool your insides at Maggie Moo's and pick up your coins.

There are about 70 coins left to purchase. Coins go for $4.00

Whooops - Time: 1pm 2:30ish

going to attempt to hide a geocoin nearby

Edited by The Dillon Gang
Just in case it doesn't get posted.

Event Cache Sunday July 24

What: CA Geocoin distribution in San Diego

Where: N 32° 46.233 W 117° 09.007

Come cool your insides at Maggie Moo's and pick up your coins.

There are about 70 coins left to purchase. Coins go for $4.00

What time Steve?

If needed, what would be the chances I could slip someone a few $ for gas for a ride up and back from El Cajon?

I reside in Lakeside and don't mind giving you a ride.

However, I'm planning on heading out by 5:30A for the FTF; ha ha, just kidding; I'd like to grab some nearby caches at the parking coords.

I have to head back by 11:30am'ish.

Additionally, GD Ginger will be riding with me, so, if you're allergic to dogs, etc...

Oh, one more thing, I won't take your money, but if we stop at a 7-11, I'll let you buy me coffee :rolleyes: .

However, I'm planning on heading out by 5:30A for the FTF; ha ha, just kidding; I'd like to grab some nearby caches at the parking coords.

Additionally, GD Ginger will be riding with me, so, if you're allergic to dogs, etc...

Oh, one more thing, I won't take your money, but if we stop at a 7-11, I'll let you buy me coffee :ph34r: .

Can you pick us up in PB on the way? :rolleyes:

Oh, one more thing, I won't take your money, but if we stop at a 7-11, I'll let you buy me coffee :ph34r: .

Don't forget to pick me up too! I'm in Escondido, but I'm right off the 78! :lol:

Don't forget to pick me up too! I'm in Escondido, but I'm right off the 78! :unsure:

Sure, GD Ginger would love some company in the back of the pickup :unsure: .

:lol: Haha Chuy! I love dogs, but not that much so I'll pass!

If anyone from North County wants to carpool let me know! I changed my mind and will go early to avoid the heat!

Edited by TrailGators

Wow....

I would like to thank you all for your votes.

I was a runner-up for the June White Jeep contest...

I won a shirt....would have preferred a GPS...

But hey I was in the top 8.

Thanks again for your help.

PS You have to be in the top 3 to be in the running for the Jeep.

Wow....

I would like to thank you all for your votes.

I was a runner-up for the June White Jeep contest...

I won a shirt....would have preferred a GPS...

But hey I was in the top 8.

Thanks again for your help.

PS You have to be in the top 3 to be in the running for the Jeep.

No thanks necessary. It was a worthy pic.