The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

There's a new kid in town! As I was going to plant a new cache today, I happened upon someone searching around GCHKMC. I approached as he was filling out the log. His handle is "Pioneer", and he's half of "Pioneer 'n' Tiff".

He's from Australia, but married an American gal and they are now living in El Cajon. Seems like a nice fella. Keep an eye out for him.

Hey QDMan, that is sort of in my territory. Maybe I'll have a chance for FTF. Is your new cache along 94? In Rancho San Diego? Maybe in Jamul? :ph34r:

Edit to add appropriate quote

Edited by idiosyncratic
There's a new kid in town! As I was going to plant a new cache today, I happened upon someone searching around GCHKMC. I approached as he was filling out the log. His handle is "Pioneer", and he's half of "Pioneer 'n' Tiff".

He's from Australia, but married an American gal and they are now living in El Cajon. Seems like a nice fella. Keep an eye out for him.

Hey QDMan, that is sort of in my territory. Maybe I'll have a chance for FTF. Is your new cache along 94? In Rancho San Diego? Maybe in Jamul? :ph34r:

Not too far from where I met Pioneer. It's been submitted and is waiting approval. Stay tuned.

There's a new kid in town! I approached as he was filling out the log. His handle is "Pioneer", and he's half of "Pioneer 'n' Tiff."

He's from Australia, but married to an American gal and they are now living in El Cajon. Seems like a nice fella. Keep an eye out for him.

Ten-four QDman, we've got a make on the couple. First offense is inappropriate beachwear.

All units report further sightings to this Forum thread.

Out

ff341b8d-aa1d-47b0-9916-86e67e125593.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Not too far from where I met Pioneer. It's been submitted and is waiting approval. Stay tuned.

Oh, by the way...did I mention it's a puzzle cache? :laughing:

Oh, by the way...did I mention it's a puzzle cache? :mad:

:laughing: Oh! . . . I can't do puzzle caches . . . :laughing:

Guess I can stop refreshing the new cache page now. :ph34r:

There's a new kid in town! I approached as he was filling out the log. His handle is "Pioneer", and he's half of "Pioneer 'n' Tiff."

He's from Australia, but married to an American gal and they are now living in El Cajon. Seems like a nice fella. Keep an eye out for him.

Ten-four QDman, we've got a make on the couple. First offense is inappropriate beachwear.

Out

ff341b8d-aa1d-47b0-9916-86e67e125593.jpg

All Points Bulletin -

Profiling Department indicates that the perp's will tend to wear unbunched white socks.

May be associated with TrailGators and Kwikaturn. Approach with caution.

Out

Edited by SD Rowdies
What's going on? My puzzle has been out for nearly 12 hours now, and nobody's found it? Maybe the sun has addled your brains. Come on you lot!

Well, normally I would bother but I'm currently in Massachusetts. I've been having a great time caching my way through New Jersey, New York and the greater Boston area. I made it as far North East as this cache yesterday, a long ways from home. I'll take a look at your puzzle in a couple of days when I get back :ph34r: .

What's going on? My puzzle has been out for nearly 12 hours now, and nobody's found it? Maybe the sun has addled your brains. Come on you lot!

Jeff and Jess started speaking chemi-babble at Yrium's Celebration Cache this afternoon, and I needed a nap just to rest my brain from that experience! I'm sure they'll get it figured out soon, but I'm equally sure that I'll be leaning heavily on brains brawnier than mine! :P

Jeff and Jess started speaking chemi-babble at Yrium's Celebration Cache this afternoon, and I needed a nap just to rest my brain from that experience! I'm sure they'll get it figured out soon, but I'm equally sure that I'll be leaning heavily on brains brawnier than mine! :P

Tom, you weren't alone on that one! I was getting quite drowsy myself! :blink:

Jeff and Jess started speaking chemi-babble at Yrium's Celebration Cache this afternoon, and I needed a nap just to rest my brain from that experience! I'm sure they'll get it figured out soon, but I'm equally sure that I'll be leaning heavily on brains brawnier than mine! :blink:

Tom, you weren't alone on that one! I was getting quite drowsy myself! :P

We thought they were speaking in 'tongues'

FYI on Google Maps - You can now cut and paste a set of coordinates right from the cache page into the search box at maps.google.com and it will place a pushpin there and go to that location. You can then click on Satellite to see the color aerial map. It works nicely for viewing cache locations.

d67b453a-b5f3-4bd3-8b1a-50820e71bed2.jpg

Pretty cool feature.

That push-pin looks "Gridlocked" :P I recognized the Corner House sandwich shop from the sky, might have to take in some caches while in the area next time.

Google Map won't work on a Mac yet....will have to stick with the PC laptop.

FYI on Google Maps - You can now cut and paste a set of coordinates right from the cache page into the search box at maps.google.com and it will place a pushpin there and go to that location.  You can then click on Satellite to see the color aerial map.  It works nicely for viewing cache locations.

d67b453a-b5f3-4bd3-8b1a-50820e71bed2.jpg

Pretty cool feature.

That push-pin looks "Gridlocked" :P I recognized the Corner House sandwich shop from the sky, might have to take in some caches while in the area next time.

Google Map won't work on a Mac yet....will have to stick with the PC laptop.

Good eye, recognizing the cache site form the aerial photo. Trailgators and I nabbed it today. RM

Very nice.

Thanks for the intro QDMan...and thanks for the photoshop demostration. The original photo of the wife and I was taken up at the Julian Bakery in the snow Dec 2002. Back in Australia we lived close to the beach, not as blue as your photo but nice.

I'm "new" only arriving in Feb, but Tiff's a local gal of 17 years.

Very nice.

Thanks for the intro QDMan...and thanks for the photoshop demostration. The original photo of the wife and I was taken up at the Julian Bakery in the snow Dec 2002. Back in Australia we lived close to the beach, not as blue as your photo but nice.

Happy to make the intro, Pioneer, but when it comes to Photoshop, I'm just another new kid in town. Take a peek at the "San Diego Banter" thread to see who the Master is.

Very nice.

Wow! you took the bait right away. Delighted to see you on the Forum thread.

Blatant Advertisement - Find some time and a tank of gas one day and try the Sandy Creek Cowboy caches. Hey! I'm beggin', o.k.?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

So, the rush for FTF on Acid Reflux is over (wise-guy found it yesterday evening), but there are plenty of you who know what you've got to do, especially after the pub event last night. I've added a hint and made a small adjustment to the numbers after checking on it yesterday. You can do all the calculations using google, just enter the numbers in the search box! Help for the calculator is here.

Have fun stretching your groggy brains :anicute::blink::blink:

I just got the word from Cornerstone4 about an event scheduled July 10 just north of Murrieta.

Temecula Valley Caching Event

This from Cornerstone4:

I just got an event cache listed for July 10th. It will be up in the Murrieta area, so it will be a bit of a drive for you, but hopefully some of the other North County cachers can make the trip.

I just got an email that Groundspeak is sending a couple of WJTBs for the event as well!

In addition, I have just over 30 new caches that will be released that day, so there will be plenty to keep you busy!

See you around!

I am already looking forward to the next event!

Anyone got any recommendations for caches in Sequoia or King's Canyon NPs? I'll be there with my muggle wife, so ones with good views or other attractions would be best, so she has something to do while I'm rummaging in the bushes! I know most of the caches will be virtuals, but some of them are better than others. We'll be staying in Three Rivers.

Introducing YMS #18 - kawikaturn:

61516d55-66b7-4fca-9955-c3a79123cc35.jpg

Thanks to Trailgators and Rocket Man for design concepts, and to Harmon, of course, for design implementation.  As usual, my role was mostly cutting and pasting...

That's three YMS cards I've had the pleasure of working on. The pleasure relates to working with dedicated Geocachers like Flag Man, TrailGators, Rocket Man, The Dillon Gang, and DevHead.

Those guys really do their part to make San Diego Geocaching a special experience. In this case it was easy to follow the ideas already conceived by the other team members. Of course you might be surprised at the number of emails that fly back and forth before we get a unanimous thumbs-up for release. Them boys have standards and they stick to them.

Let me say it again, my job was merely to push on the keys in the right order.

Neat YMS card, huh? Dang, I should have put an Altoid under that tree.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
-Hey everyone, I used to work at AAA.... And my job was just geocached.

So if anyone wants to hire me, Im an art student by day and worker at night.

Im geocacher so you know im worth it.

-Travytrav

Sorry to hear that.

Hang in there; in the mean time, go caching!

What a great looking card! Best looking graphic design of the YMS set, IMHO. Hope there are still some in circulation when I return from Norfolk, VA at the end of the week. These are sure to become especially coveted collectors items and quickly snapped up. Thanks to all, especially Tom, Harmon, and Dave, for keeping Yrium's spirit alive with these cards.

-Gecko Dad

That looks SWEET!!!

Hey D-Jollymon,

Sweet for sure, at one point I actually intended to purchase a bag of mixed Hershey Kisses just so that I could do a macro-photo shoot of one partially unwrapped Kiss to replace part of the image of the Hershey Kissmobile. You know, with Kawikaturn on a ladder munching the unwrapped Kiss.

That danged ol' Flag Man caught onto me right away and made the suggestion that I should get back to work on the graphic design rather than wasting my time eating a bag of Kisses.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
That looks SWEET!!!

That danged ol' Flag Man caught onto me right away and made the suggestion that I should get back to work on the graphic design rather than wasting my time eating a bag of Kisses.

Harmon,

Now we know how the heck you are up at 03:50 AM? (sugar rush)

edit: After posting I see the clocks are and hour behind...but still. 02:50 AM??? amazing

Edited by D-Jollymon
That looks SWEET!!!

Harmon,

Now we know how the heck you are up at 03:50 AM? (sugar rush)

edit: After posting I see the clocks are and hour behind...but still. 02:50 AM??? amazing

Yes, the wee hours to be sure.

Mostly my broken ankle is functional after three and a half months in casts, a robo-boot, and those wild and crazy crutches. I have even done two or three dinky cache finds afoot.

However, there's two little companions that have decided to travel along with me during my final recovery. They go by the name of Pain and Swelling. It seems that they are night owls and love to wake me up for conversation during the wee hours.

My sweet bride, the ex-nun, doesn't think much of the style of conversation that my little pals and I have been having. A bit too earthy she says.

The routine is to awake at about two, three, and four in the morning. I finally decided to make better use of my time and so I often head for my workstation to check on late messages from DennisB at the ranch, and then just to fool around with some unfamiliar graphic techniques.

To give you the full flavor of my wee-hour escapades just imagine a seventy year old man in skivvy shorts basking in the dim glow of an LCD screen. Shoot, I might as well be back at a university cramming for engineering exams.

Thanks for noticing,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

61516d55-66b7-4fca-9955-c3a79123cc35.jpg

Thanks to Trailgators and Rocket Man for design concepts, and to Harmon, of course, for design implementation. As usual, my role was mostly cutting and pasting...

Thanks to everyone that had a part in this. Good job everyone. Looking forward to finding one! Are they printed on chocolate flavored edible paper stock?!!!

Thanks to Trailgators and Rocket Man for design concepts, and to Harmon, of course, for design implementation.  As usual, my role was mostly cutting and pasting...

Are they printed on chocolate flavored edible paper stock?!!!

Yes, chocolate coated, each and every one of them but I licked 'em.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies