The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

:mad:  :mad:  WJTB's are out !!  :lol:  :lol:

I got a new healthy baby girl and I'm taking some family leave time (no work) and what pops up?..... a White Jeep TB. It was a great morning for a stroll through Oakoasis....lots of wildlife. For those who have not done this series I would highly recommend it!! 

This guy WILL be staying in San Diego County but won't be to easy to get to......watch for it to pop up in a catch soon.

OK, you win. I'll give you the coordinates to Dream State if you put the WJTB in it. :lol:

Introducing YMS #17 (John&Jess):

Thanks, again, to Harmon for incredible design work!

:):lol::lol:

WOW!

We're speechless... :mad::o what else to say besides;

:mad::mad::lol:

WOW!

We're totally surprised and stoked and yes, we still hunt with a BYE ;):lol:

Thanks to everyone involved... we agree with QDman, gorgeous work indeed!

:lol::lol::mad:

WOW!

~John&Jess

Introducing YMS #17 (John&Jess):

91618177-cd89-4bf4-8209-f57dde21d2f2.jpg

Thanks, again, to Harmon for incredible design work!

A note to the wise, when YMS-card fame finally comes your way it will be smart to have some high-resolution photos of yourself in your profile gallery. Otherwise we will have to show your badly-pixelated side to your fawning fans.

Fortunately Flag Man had some good shots of John&Jess but Becca the dawg was a challenge. I'm not sure it's proper to post better photos of one's self than of one's dawg.

I cross my heart and promise not to ever mess with your photos for other reasons, honest I won't.

Have I ever lied to you?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

2f07b75e-9274-4742-96d1-c223696f8d36.jpg

Passing Wind,

You and your sweet bride have two fine looking children. That's a handsome boy to look after an angelic sister. Makes a parent proud doesn't it?

It's a blessing to have attractive children. Take after their mother do they?

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

By the way, I haven't seen mommy's photo as yet. Where's th' family portrait?

Edited by SD Rowdies

OK, the Udesignit Card TB will be dropped in a San Diego County cache immediately following the final out in the Padres game this Saturday, June 25th. As an additional incentive, a white jeep TB will simultaneously be dropped in the same cache. My plan is to hook Max up to one of those Dr. Seuss contraptions and dangle a burrito in front of him so that I can (hopefully) mush in a cooler. You may need something cold by the time you make it to the cache!

OK, the Udesignit Card TB will be dropped in a San Diego County cache immediately following the final out in the Padres game this Saturday, June 25th. As an additional incentive, a white jeep TB will simultaneously be dropped in the same cache. My plan is to hook Max up to one of those Dr. Seuss contraptions and dangle a burrito in front of him so that I can (hopefully) mush in a cooler. You may need something cold by the time you make it to the cache!

Uh-oh, there's gonna be a fight at the site. Here comes a new rule about multiple finders for the Udesignit travel card.

Max huh? Does your dog bite Messeiur?

Any recommendations on "power caching" areas within a reasonable distance of San Diego? We haven't done a lot of caching for a while, so we aren't up to anything strenuous, but some nice dense instant gratification caching might be just the thing to get us going again.

O puh-lease, th' Sandy Creek Cowboy caches of course.

Any recommendations on "power caching" areas within a reasonable distance of San Diego?  We haven't done a lot of caching for a while, so we aren't up to anything strenuous, but some nice dense instant gratification caching might be just the thing to get us going again.

Just hit up the Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache's. They are a blast and you can walk away at the end of the day with 15 or more easy (just watch out for the micros). Another is out on S2, lots of cache's on the route and easy to pick up also. When we feel like power caching, I just pull up the route I want to take for the day and download all the cache's along that route. Saves a lot of backtracking, and you get a nice scenic drive along the way. Be careful with that however, I missed downloading one important cache I wanted to do last weekend (that's why I didn't get #12 Harmon), and on one trip up to Palomar we got so caught up in the scenery we forgot to cache, but then again half the time I don't know east from west. Good luck!

:D

My plan is to hook Max up to one of those Dr. Seuss contraptions and dangle a burrito in front of him so that I can (hopefully) mush in a cooler.

I guess I'll be watching for this one then. Tom, just don't go caching the day before and accidentally drop it off somewhere.

....Here comes a new rule about multiple finders for the Udesignit travel card......

Just to clarify, there is no rule against the same cacher grabbing the Udesignit Card multiple times.....

Of course Max does not bite! He doesn't even bark! :D

....Here comes a new rule about multiple finders for the Udesignit travel card......

Just to clarify, there is no rule against the same cacher grabbing the Udesignit Card multiple times.....

Of course Max does not bite! He doesn't even bark! :D

No, I meant multiple cachers together at the same time. That would involve a committee decision about the next YMS card. Think of that, a card designed by committee. Yikes.

The answer to the dog-biite question was "It's not my dog messeiur."

Edited by SD Rowdies

I just dropped off a little girl named "Jenelle" (AKA White Jeep Rubicon Travel Bug number JPXXXX) at a rather scenic, but difficult to access geocache. If you have your own Jeep Rubicon you won't have any trouble bagging this one. :lol:

Look up GCH9C0 "The Short and Long of It: Cookie Tin 2" The cache is over a year and a half old and had only been found once until yesterday when I went out there.

Am I devious and perverted for putting it in a blazing inferno?

Maybe,.....But these are rare, highly sought after, almost unobtainable, highly coveted, desirable, stupendous, and downright wriggly.

You may want to read my cache log to get an idea of what you're in for.

Ladies and gentlemen start your engines!

Also congrats to team Gobolts for sucessfully completing "Wizard's Chess" and picking up the first WJTB I hid. :lol:

Ruscal

COOL! Are you gonna give any subtile location hints like the Magellan contest...???

~Jess

OK, the Udesignit Card TB will be dropped in a San Diego County cache immediately following the final out in the Padres game this Saturday, June 25th.  As an additional incentive, a white jeep TB will simultaneously be dropped in the same cache.  My plan is to hook Max up to one of those Dr. Seuss contraptions and dangle a burrito in front of him so that I can (hopefully) mush in a cooler.  You may need something cold by the time you make it to the cache!

COOL! Are you gonna give any subtile location hints like the Magellan contest...???

~Jess

ahhhhh....does Jess need some hints??? :lol:

Any recommendations on "power caching" areas within a reasonable distance of San Diego? We haven't done a lot of caching for a while, so we aren't up to anything strenuous, but some nice dense instant gratification caching might be just the thing to get us going again.

From your bio, I see you folks are city slickers.

Closest power caching area to you folks would be the caches down Wildwood Glen, off the 79/I8. There's about 23 if you include the ones on both sides of the 8.

Start with GCK9G8 and click on the maps to see the surrounding caches.

I just dropped off a little girl named "Jenelle" (AKA White Jeep Rubicon Travel Bug number JPXXXX) at a rather scenic, but difficult to access geocache. If you have your own Jeep Rubicon you won't have any trouble bagging this one. :lol:

Look up GCH9C0 "The Short and Long of It: Cookie Tin 2" The cache is over a year and a half old and had only been found once until yesterday when I went out there.

Am I devious and perverted for putting it in a blazing inferno?

Maybe,.....But these are rare, highly sought after, almost unobtainable, highly coveted, desirable, stupendous, and downright wriggly.

You may want to read my cache log to get an idea of what you're in for.

Ladies and gentlemen start your engines!

Ruscal

I'm game to join anyone planning to head out to this cache, more for the adventure, less for the WJTB :lol:

No problem, we're hooked on your cache's now!

Todd, could you do me a favour? The plural of "cache" is "caches", no apostrophe required! Plurals never need apostrophes. (Not even DVDs, CDs, or Boeing 747s!)

And don't any of you smartarses tell me it's "favor", or "smartasses" for that matter! :laughing::yikes:

Todd, could you do me a favour? The plural of "cache" is "caches", no apostrophe required! Plurals never need apostrophes. (Not even DVDs, CDs, or Boeing 747s!)

And don't any of you smartarses tell me it's "favor", or "smartasses" for that matter! :yikes::laughing:

English 101..... arghhhhh!

And don't any of you smartarses tell me it's "favor", or "smartasses" for that matter! :lol::laughing:

My mother was an English teacher. So she used to hound my sister and I constantly to use "proper" grammer. I can still hear her now: "Farther is used for distance and further is used for comparison." I always used to screw that one up all the time! :yikes:

Edited by TrailGators

Me and the ol' lady are fixin to make our way out of town (again).

We will be hittin' the road the morning after The "Shakespeare Quiz 2: Farewell to TT (Event Cache)"...If we are not toooooo hungover.

We will be driving to Oklahoma via the 40 and returning by way of Show Low AZ.

If you have any bugs, Jeeps or Mount10bike coins :laughing: that would like to make the trip (one-way or RT) bring them to the Pub.

PS If you know of any "Must do" caches along the way please let us know.

PPS Doc...did I use all the words in the proper "Queen's English" type way?

East or West? North or South? is the apostrophe appropriate or not? Oh no, starting a sentence with a preposition? forgot to capitalize a proper name? I before E except after....? is it I or me or us or we? are there enough sentences to make this a proper paragraph?

You will have to forgive me Toby. I am just a southern boy in the big city. Our glassware is a rather fine collection of Mason Jars, the good china is the paper plates with the patterns, paper towels make great napkins, our tea is iced and made in the sun, "ain't" is a word, NASCAR is a sport, still not sure why you need a special fork for a salad, yankees are more than just a baseball team, and grits are good during any meal.

....My mother was an English teacher. So she used to hound my sister and I constantly to use "proper" grammer.....

Pat, are you my long, lost brother or something?!? We seem to share a mother. Don't even get me started with "lay" and "lie!"

Edited by FlagMan
....My mother was an English teacher. So she used to hound my sister and I constantly to use "proper" grammer.....

Pat, are you my long, lost brother or something?!? We seem to share a mother. Don't even get me started with "lay" and "lie!"

... "which" versus "that, "may" versus "might." Then there's that blasted "its" versus "it's" thang.

How about "Where's it at?"

Try it my way, being married to an ex-nun.

Edited by SD Rowdies

... "which" versus "that, "may" versus "might." Then there's that blasted "its" versus "it's" thang.

How about "Where's it at?"

Try it my way, being married to an ex-nun.

:yikes: I haven't even mentioned the whole "good manners" thing. When I was a kid, I used to set the table with the fork on the right and it drove my mother nuts! I would argue that I was right-handed so why would I want the fork on the left? But some lady named Emily Post said the fork was "supposed" to be on the left so that's the way it "had" to be. Eventually I figured out it was better to set the table the way Emily and my mom wanted it, than to have a huge hassle about a stupid fork. But I still think Emily must have been left-handed. :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

:yikes: I haven't even mentioned the whole "good manners" thing. When I was a kid, I used to set the table with the fork on the right and it drove my mother nuts! I would argue that I was right-handed so why would I want the fork on the left? But some lady named Emily Post said the fork was "supposed" to be on the left so that's the way it "had" to be. Eventually I figured out it was better to set the table the way Emily and my mom wanted it, than to have a huge hassle about a stupid fork. But I still think Emily must have been left-handed. :laughing:

Huge hassle about a stupid fork?

Try this!

:yikes:  I haven't even mentioned the whole "good manners" thing. When I was a kid, I used to set the table with the fork on the right and it drove my mother nuts! I would argue that I was right-handed so why would I want the fork on the left? But some lady named Emily Post said the fork was "supposed" to be on the left so that's the way it "had" to be. Eventually I figured out it was better to set the table the way Emily and my mom wanted it, than to have a huge hassle about a stupid fork. But I still think Emily must have been left-handed.  :laughing:

Try this!

Be careful what you ask for?

:lol:  I haven't even mentioned the whole "good manners" thing. When I was a kid, I used to set the table with the fork on the right and it drove my mother nuts! I would argue that I was right-handed so why would I want the fork on the left? But some lady named Emily Post said the fork was "supposed" to be on the left so that's the way it "had" to be. Eventually I figured out it was better to set the table the way Emily and my mom wanted it, than to have a huge hassle about a stupid fork. But I still think Emily must have been left-handed.  :laughing:

Try this!

They should have brought some cameras to my house when I was growing up! We could have made a few more episodes of the Flying Circus! :yikes: Of course that humor is really funny because it has a lot of truth behind it (at least for the ones that laugh).

No problem in Asia.

Let's give them some soup to eat with those sticks! :laughing: Oh wait! We can't do that because they would just drink it out of the bowl! Yeegads! :yikes: OK, then let's give them a nice thick steak to eat with those sticks! Darn! :lol: That won't work either because they'll skewer the steak with the sticks and eat it like a big popsicle.....Hmmm...maybe they are smarter than us but I'll take my fork on the wrong side of the plate any day of the week over those sticks!! :lol:

Edited by TrailGators

No problem in Asia.

Let's give them some soup to eat with those sticks! :laughing: Oh wait! We can't do that because they would just drink it out of the bowl! Yeegads! :yikes: OK, then let's give them a nice thick steak to eat with those sticks! Darn! :lol: That won't work either because they'll skewer the steak with the sticks and eat it like a big popsicle.....Hmmm...maybe they are smarter than us but I'll take my fork on the wrong side of the plate any day of the week over those sticks!! :lol:

I remember trying to eat lemon meringue pie with them at a bakery there. Bits of yellow goo flying everywhere. Fun, fun!

No problem in Asia.

I remember trying to eat lemon meringue pie with them at a bakery there. Bits of yellow goo flying everywhere. Fun, fun!

Yeah, and they've seen the fork.

By the way, where does that yellow snog come from that's in chicken pies?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Speaking of forks, you should go to France! With their noses up in the air (did someone mention yellow stuff??) and a million forks, heaven forbid you use the wrong one! They'll come over with a replacement fork, tap it into place, while giving you the evil eye.

Over in Japan, they do use spoons. If you like the soup, you are supposed to slurp it noisily. The noisier you are, the better the soup. Sorry, we just couldn't get into the spirit of that custom. :laughing:

Speaking of forks, you should go to France!  With their noses up in the air (did someone mention yellow stuff??) and a million forks, heaven forbid you use the wrong one!  They'll come over with a replacement fork, tap it into place, while giving you the evil eye.

Over in Japan, they do use spoons.  If you like the soup, you are supposed to slurp it noisily.  The noisier you are, the better the soup.  Sorry, we just couldn't get into the spirit of that custom.  :laughing:

Talked about forked up! :yikes: I know you are supposed to start with the outside fork and work your way in with each course. I can thank my mom for that little nugget! So bring it on you Frenchies! :lol: I know about the soup thing in Japan. Next time I go there I am bringing an Ipod! :lol: