The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

I had emailed an Admin about adopting an archived cache I found a few months back. It seems that cache adoption is enough of a pain for them that they've set up an automatic way to have it happen! The current cache owner needs to go to http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and enter the GC code, then assign it to the adopted owner, and that's about it. Of course you still have to get the cache owner to *do* that, but it should be easier than pestering approvers. Could come in handy for TT!

They were saying on the news this morning that there was no tsunami because the earthquake was "horizontal" and not "vertical".

Yes... a lateral strike-slip faults versus the thrust fault that caused the tsunami in December. The horizontal movement doesn't cause the vertical displacement and the resultant lifting of the large amounts of seawater necessary to propogate a tsunami wave.

Though I bet all the Spicolis up and down the coast were bummed.

It's amazing what you can learn from earthcaches.

--TT--

They were saying on the news this morning that there was no tsunami because the earthquake was "horizontal" and not "vertical".

Yes... a lateral strike-slip faults versus the thrust fault that caused the tsunami in December. The horizontal movement doesn't cause the vertical displacement and the resultant lifting of the large amounts of seawater necessary to propogate a tsunami wave.

Though I bet all the Spicolis up and down the coast were bummed.

It's amazing what you can learn from earthcaches.

--TT--

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine." :P

Well, its listed: Sandy Creek Cowboy Cache #16. No specific reference to the need to have a team of six to get it, though. Harmon, care to enlighten us?

Ooops, I guess this one is #16. The "team" cache was supposed to be #15.

Never mind...... :ph34r:

Yepper, we are busy gathering components for number fifteen. It's going to be a killer.

We figured with TT deserting us for more money then somebody has to take up the slack and keep putting out some really annoying caches.

With regard to cowboy sixteen, morning temperatures have been low fifties and afternoons in the high eighties. Get it?

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Thanks to Harmon and devhead for the design.

Let me say for the record that DevHead and Flagman were terrific to work with. In graphic arts there's few things better than a client that knows what he wants. It also helped a lot to be doing a YMS card for that rascal Steve Dillon and his band of trouble makers.

DevHead came to me with a well conceived layout and he made me stick to it. Flagman is just all-around terrific for pulling the YMS card designs and production together and for sticking with Yrium's intent.

I had the simple pleasure of pressing on the keys in the right order to fulfill DevHeads concept. Once he asked me if he was becoming a pest for his many change requests. I told him "No, you are not becoming a pest, you are a pest; just like all of my other good friends." If only he could handle a stapler.

One special pleasure for me was that I had to go out into the real world for a couple of photo shoots to get stock shots for the mailboxes and the cache swag. Those are authentic Santee mailboxes and cache swag from my Geocaching tote. Mailboxes are a factor in The Dillon Gang's Geocaching profile

DevHead wanted the coin to appear in the layout as a sun. My first reaction was to wince but then I thought to use sunflower petals for sun rays. How cool was that?

By the way, there's a misprint of this card that will blow you away. Whatever you do, don't miss the misprint.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
:ph34r: We turn our backs for a moment and D-Jollymon places his first cache and TT retires!!  What else have we missed? :lol:

PassingWind had a healthy baby girl this morning, she was born at 1:15AM !!!!

Where's the photo?

No wait, sorry, congratulations. I wish the baby a healthy and happy life and speedy recovery for mom and dad. Aw, c'mon ladies, I had t' mention th' dad didn't I.

Just wait until the little tyke discovers it's old man's Geocaching handle. Seems to me that borders on "Pull my finger?" That trick is strictly grampa territory don't y' know?

Think about it, a quarter million Geocachers passed up "Passing Wind." We get th' guy that didn't. Pull my fanger.

What's the baby's Geocaching handle by the way?

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies

I don't know spanish, but isn't it supposed to be

La Nina?

OOoo. Another shake, rattle, & roll.

Hey PassingWind,

....Well, I was going to say something about your handle & the new little bundle but, it is a family site. :lol:B)

TT isn't retiring, he's just finding new places to put caches, new people to terrorize. :P:lol::D:ph34r:

Poco viento?

Nah, sounds too much like the ridiculous name Starbuck$ wants you to order with.

O.K., I give up, "Little Phart" it is.

Poco viento que pasa

Pasar Viento?

Anybody know how to say "My daddy farts" in Spanish? ... or "Mom! he did it again."

O please, will somebody spray?

Edited by SD Rowdies

:o

The funny thing is the handle, "PassingWind", comes from the name of a waterfront pub I used to frequent often while working on the island of Bermuda, and yes the Cheribe was part of the pub decor.

But then again, for those who know me would think of it as the "act of" :o So I guess it could be played both ways. :)

I'll have some pix of the new little Geo-Peanut sometime Friday....time to sleep.

:)

The funny thing is the handle, "PassingWind",  comes from the name of a waterfront pub I used to frequent often while working on the island of Bermuda, and yes the Cheribe was part of the pub decor.

But then again, for those who know me would think of it as the "act of"  :o  So I guess it could be played both ways.  :o

I'll have some pix of the new little Geo-Peanut sometime Friday....time to sleep.

Hey Now! Congrats on the new one, PW!

Now for something completely different... Two new caches in the pipeline, located in Old Town, get down there with your wireless connection and hit refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh...

D!

Edited by Duscwé!

So, to spice things up, anyone out there wanna publicly annouce their intentions to grab the Udesignit Card this time around? Sort of put your geo-stuff on the line so to speak? Have a race like the recent Magellan thing? If we get some contestants here, I'll announce the time of my bug-drop log and then sit at the cache with a flashlight and a paper bag and watch for the snipes......

So, to spice things up, anyone out there wanna publicly annouce their intentions to grab the Udesignit Card this time around? Sort of put your geo-stuff on the line so to speak? Have a race like the recent Magellan thing? If we get some contestants here, I'll announce the time of my bug-drop log and then sit at the cache with a flashlight and a paper bag and watch for the snipes......

Can someone re-grab it, that is, if they've already had it once?

D!

Can someone re-grab it, that is, if they've already had it once?

D!

Sure. No limit on multiple grabs. But I don't think we'll do any re-prints of the same cacher. Closest to that is YP Series 1 Card #19 (K-NIC) and the Udesignit Series 1 Card #2 (K-NIC/B-NIC combo) and the YP Series 2 Card #1 (FlagSon Andrew) and the YMS #8 (FlagMan) cards.

Edited by FlagMan

Well, we have one contestant anyway. So the bug drop will be posted immediately following the recording of the final out in the Padres game on Saturday night. Maybe I'll hook Max (the dog) up with a sled and we'll mush in a cooler of adult beverages and sodie pop for anyone who shows up. No hints, no spoilers, no cheating....

:o

The funny thing is the handle, "PassingWind", comes from the name of a waterfront pub I used to frequent often while working on the island of Bermuda, and yes the Cheribe was part of the pub decor.

But then again, for those who know me would think of it as the "act of" :o So I guess it could be played both ways. :)

Congrats P-W on your new bundle of joy.

How about

"¡Mama! ¡Otra vez, Papa huele!"

Excellent grammar, but you wrote, "Mom!, dad smells again!"

That's way too politically correct.

You're looking for "pedo"; "e" is silent; rhymes, roughly, with "meadow".

Put it in the Spanish to English translator.

Babel Fish is another great site to translate just about any language to another.

For example:

Habas de las habas buenas para su corazón.... :lol:

Bohnen Bohnen gut für Ihr Herz.... :D

あなたの中心のためによい豆の豆.... :P But this one translates back to "Central because of you bean of good bean." Talk about Lost in Translation! :lol:

Edited by TrailGators

49d3867b-d913-4938-8323-948ccfa55217.jpg

There he is folks, FishnJack with Carpenter from Hell, our FTDNF at Cowboy Sixteen. He's on his way back up the road to seek FTF as well.

His actual remark was "There's nothin' there."

Haw, haw, haw,

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

Look at them boys, scawy. Ol' FishnJack is suckin' in his belly and th' scrawny little runt don't need to. If y'r wonderin' about th' harness, we have t' keep 'im on a leash most of th' time.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in, FishnJack encountered the Chuy Team at Cowboy sixteen and found them going around in circles. It took all four of them to finally score the FTF. Think how close FisnJack was to missing his FTF by mere moments.

So you see them here returning triumphant, bleeding from Chamise abuse but delighted to become a team of four FTF cowboy-cache experts. T' tell th' truth we'll just bet that the two little ones turned th' trick.

As a finder don't you dare give away this cache setup now matter how much the Geobabes cry all over you. Just remember, don't mess with th' cowboys.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

df9806eb-7b1d-45cb-91ca-76ae533b3af0.jpg

O boy, just wait 'til they run into cowboy fifteen.

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in, FishnJack encountered the Chuy Team at Cowboy sixteen and found them going in around circles. It took all four of them to finally score the FTF. Think how close FisnJack was to missing his FTF by mere moments.

So you see them here returning triumphant, bleeding from Chamise abuse but delighted to become a team of four FTF cowboy-cache experts. T' tell th' truth we'll just bet that the two little ones turned th' trick.

As a finder don't you dare give away this cache setup now matter how much the Geobabes cry all over you. Just remember, don't mess with th' cowboys.

The Sandy Creek Cowboys

O boy, just wait 'til they run into cowboy fifteen.

Whewy, what a day; five SD Rowdies caches - that's the most thinking I've ever done in a two hour period!

Very nice work guys; the effort and time you guys put into these caches is duly appreciated.

C'mon city folks; the fun is out here! My lips are sealed.

We had lunch at the Posta Diner where Fisnjack found a tick on his arm. I appear to be free of them; gotta check GD Ginger.

Edited by Chuy
We still think La Posta Diner should give kick-backs to the Great San Diego Geocaching fund. :lol: Thar shor are a lot a usn' tha been eatin thar, thanks to them cowboys. :D:D

Funny that you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing when I read Chuy's La Posta. We may have doubled their business. RM

We still think La Posta Diner should give kick-backs to the Great San Diego Geocaching fund.  :lol:  Thar shor are a lot a usn' tha been eatin thar, thanks to them cowboys.  :D  :D

Funny that you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing when I read Chuy's La Posta. We may have doubled their business. RM

I think Fisnjack frequents the place often 'cause the first thing the waitress/hostess asked him when we walked in was "did you find the cache". I think Fisnjack mentioned he had been in earlier in the day. I'm sure they're familiar with us cachers 'cause that's all we talked about over lunch.

I screwed up today with the Udesignit TB card. Somehow I had the TB in my bag and it got mixed up with the Dillon Gang cards when I left them in a cache in North County. samiaminca found it and has claimed rights to name the next in the series. I guess we'll have to postpone tomorrow night's race. Sorry, everyone. I should have been more careful.... :lol: