The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

The new web page description areas are larger, leaving little if any border area for the background picture. :rolleyes:

There's likely to be an increase of pictures being inserted in the description area.

Only at the very bottom where all the copywrite info is. I'm bummed. My little piggies for Igpay Atlinay are all hidden. :) This really changes the overall feel for a page, especially when the background is a hint to solving a puzzle.

The new web page description areas are larger, leaving little if any border area for the background picture.  :) 

There's likely to be an increase of pictures being inserted  in the description area.

Only at the very bottom where all the copywrite info is. I'm bummed. My little piggies for Igpay Atlinay are all hidden. :rolleyes: This really changes the overall feel for a page, especially when the background is a hint to solving a puzzle.

This was brought up early in the discussion on the Geocaching.com Web Site forum. Jeremy said he "may" fix it. RM

... But seriously, I created a favorites bookmark and loaded some of my favorite caches into it. Check it out! and...Oh yeah, let me know when you guys create your favorites lists! I really like this idea!  :rolleyes:

I like this bookmark concept. It appears that you can't find it on someone's profile page, they have to link you to it: Dan-oh idea of great caches

I'll have to check out Chamber of Secrets someday!

Oh how this Thread scares me! Keep thinking I'm going to get lost in here and never resurface!

Wanted to add my 2 cents to the plethora of congratulations headed to the Splashes. Felt privileged to be with my fellow Geobabe when she hit the 2 ton number on Tuesday.

Way to go S & S!

lumberjack_2.gif

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK

I cache all night and I cache all day

(He's a lumberjack and he's OK

He caches all night and he caches all day)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch

I go to the lavat'ry

On Wednesdays I go geocaching

And have buttered scones for tea

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

I cut down trees, I skip and jump

I love to press wild flow'rs

I put on women's clothing

And hang around in bars

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

I cut down trees, I wear high heels

Suspenders and a bra

I wish I'd been a girlie

Just like my dear papa

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

Edited by Parsa

I go to the lavat'ry

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

And hang around in bars

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

Suspenders and a bra

I wish I'd been a girlie

Just like my dear papa

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

;) LOL ;)

I would bet that at least two of those stanzas are correct, but I'm not saying which two.

lumberjack_2.gif

I go to the lavat'ry

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

And hang around in bars

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

Suspenders and a bra

I wish I'd been a girlie

Just like my dear papa

(He cuts down trees...)

(He's a lumberjack...)

:ph34r: Haven't heard / sang that one in awhile!

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....

Ich bin ein Holzfäller und fühl mich stark

Ich schlaf des Nachts und hack am Tag

Er ist ein Holzfäller und fühlt sich stark

Er schlaft des Nachts und hackt am Tag

Ich fälle Bäume, ich ess mein Brot

Ich geh auf das WC

Am Mittwoch geh ich shopping

Kau kekse zum kaffee

Er fällt die Bäume er isst sein Brot

Er geht auf das WC

Am Mittwoch geht er shopping

Kaut kekse zum kaffeev

Ich fälle Bäume und hupf und spring

Steck Blumen in die Vas

Ich schlupf in Fraukenleider

Und lummel mich in Bars

Er fällt Bäume, er hupft und springt

Steckt Blumen in die Vas

Er schlupft in Fraukenleider

Und lummelt sich in Bars...?

Ich fälle Bäume, trag Stockelschuh

Und Strumpf und Bustenhalter

Wär gern ein kleines Mädchen

So wie mein Onkel Walter

Er fällt die Bäume, tragt Stockelschuh

Und Strumpf und Bustenhalter...?

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT....

Ich bin ein Holzfäller und fühl mich stark

Ich schlaf des Nachts und hack am Tag

Ich fälle Bäume, ich ess mein Brot

Ich geh auf das WC

Am Mittwoch geh ich shopping

Kau kekse zum kaffee

Er fällt die Bäume er isst sein Brot

Er geht auf das WC

Am Mittwoch geht er shopping

Kaut kekse zum kaffeev

Ich fälle Bäume und hupf und spring

Steck Blumen in die Vas

Ich schlupf in Fraukenleider

Und lummel mich in Bars

Er fällt Bäume, er hupft und springt

Steckt Blumen in die Vas

Er schlupft in Fraukenleider

Und lummelt sich in Bars...?

Ich fälle Bäume, trag Stockelschuh

Und Strumpf und Bustenhalter

Wär gern ein kleines Mädchen

So wie mein Onkel Walter

Er fällt die Bäume, tragt Stockelschuh

Und Strumpf und Bustenhalter...?

Lemon Curry???????????

We just came back from Borrego. I did some caching out of the campground up the Palm Canyon trail and the Alternate trail. The wild flowers are really showy there. We counted nine different kinds.

Hey Chuck - Have they reparied the trail up Palm Canyon. As I understand it, it was mostly washed away in the flooding that occured last fall. RM

B.R.A wants to go desert caching in Anza Borrego.  We're thinking about this Sunday and/or Monday 2/20-21.  Anyone interested in going let us know....anyone interested in making us a map let us know. :mad:  Wild flowers are everywhere!!

I have all the Anza caches waypointed on TOPO (except the twenty or so I have already found - that leaves about 50+ others); I can email you jpg's, and if you use EasyGPS, I can email you the waypoints on .loc format.

I also have coords to some human bones BADCOP found while out on a camping trip. Let me know if you want the coords. The closest cache to them is $kimmer's Boo Hoo about a mile to the south. And no, he didn't leave them there. They appear to be old; he contacted an archeological group nearby and was told they would investigate when they got a chance. That's the story he told me and he's sticking to it.

B.R.A wants to go desert caching in Anza Borrego.  We're thinking about this Sunday and/or Monday 2/20-21.  Anyone interested in going let us know....anyone interested in making us a map let us know. :mad:  Wild flowers are everywhere!!

I have all the Anza caches waypointed on TOPO (except the twenty or so I have already found - that leaves about 50+ others); I can email you jpg's, and if you use EasyGPS, I can email you the waypoints on .loc format.

I also have coords to some human bones BADCOP found while out on a camping trip. Let me know if you want the coords. The closest cache to them is $kimmer's Boo Hoo about a mile to the south. And no, he didn't leave them there. They appear to be old; he contacted an archeological group nearby and was told they would investigate when they got a chance. That's the story he told me and he's sticking to it.

Thanks Chuy...I knew we could count on you!! :mad: Please E-Maill the Anza info you have and we do use easygps. Include the old bones coords as you never know when that might come in handy....As we always say..."a friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a body. We are going down on Sunday early morning....just for the day...returning in the evening. We may join you on your hike 8am Monday if it is still on. Any one else up for a day of desert caching.......we can meet up.

... We may join you on your hike 8am Monday if it is still on.  Any one else up for a day of desert caching.......we can meet up.

Until I hear from the cache owner or other cachers for a legal trailhead, my planned trip to San Miguel Mtn is cancelled. I went by today after work to scope out the parking/trailhead area and saw a clearly marked NO TRESPASSING sign at the trailhead listed on the webpage. There appears to be no other trailhead in the area other than by going through the nearby housing developement but that also has a no trespassing sign.

If this don't pan out, I will be visiting the Stuck in the Merge caches off Ted Williams Pkwy and topping it off with a visit to Secret Passage to Hogsmeade. I plan on getting started bet 7-8a; anyone interested in joining me, send me an email.

BRAs: will send out the promised Anza info later this evening. Have fun in the desert; wish I could be joining you.

B.R.A wants to go desert caching in Anza Borrego.  We're thinking about this Sunday and/or Monday 2/20-21.  Anyone interested in going let us know....anyone interested in making us a map let us know. :huh:  Wild flowers are everywhere!!

Okay ladies, jpgs are in the mail. I only have your work email addresses. If you want me to send the mail elsewhere, let me know.

If this don't pan out, I will be visiting the Stuck in the Merge caches off Ted Williams Pkwy and topping it off with a visit to Secret Passage to Hogsmeade.  I plan on getting started bet 7-8a; anyone interested in joining me, send me an email.

Figures I have to work. Been wanting to do the Hogsmeade cache for awhile. Have fun with the Stuck in the Merge series... They're a blast!

Stuck on Stage 8 here. Anyone??

Got to 14 - which looks easier than it is!

On edit: ha, got that one! Working on Stage 3 of the next set (codes) :(

Rain killed caching today. So Rocket man and I buzzed through the rest of that Internet puzzle and made it to the end (15 stages).

However, the end page leads you to a new puzzle (5 stages) and then another puzzle (8 stages) and then one last puzzle (15 stages).

Unfortunately there were not coordinates to a TT cache at the end of all this! :( But this concept would make for a fun puzzle cache! :)

Edited by TrailGators

Hey everyone out there. I am hoping someone with a little graphics arts expertise would be willing to tutor me for the next YMS Geocacher Card. I think the cards are turning out OK, but I am sure there are some easy techniques that could make them a lot better quality. I just don't really have any background in this and am just putting them together with limited knowledge and understanding of how the varous programs work. I end up using Paint for some things, Adobe Photoshop Elements for other things, and Microsoft Picure Editor for other things. I'm pretty sure that I could do it all with Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I am having lots of trouble figuring out how to use it. I thought maybe someone out there who knows what they're doing could work with me on designing the next card in the series, and then I would be better equipped to carry on.

Any takers? :laughing::huh:

I'm pretty sure that I could do it all with Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I am having lots of trouble figuring out how to use it. I thought maybe someone out there who knows what they're doing could work with me on designing the next card in the series, and then I would be better equipped to carry on.

Any takers? :huh::huh:

drop me a line...if i can't get you going...my neighbor (tutor in photoshop) can surely help.

The next time us Blonds say we are going to the desert....take away our keys.  How many men does it take to pull the blonds out of the muck?  6.....two to do the work and 4 to laugh their asses off.  All that for 6 finds.....oh brother :)

So if you blondes were stuck in the mud did you have to wrestle your way out of it? :)

Edited by TrailGators

Hi folks,

I'm back from Colorado (a measly 8 caches, but 5 great days of snowboarding), and it looks like I missed quite the party at the Round Table yesterday! Did I miss anything else good?

I had a great time with the proper altimeter on the eTrex Vista that Duscwe has lent me, I should have some amusing up-down-up-down lines to post soon. Found a cache in the ski resort at Winter Park/Mary Jane (GCAD65), which was quite different to most SD caching experiences - the snow was up to my waist! On Friday we did 43 miles of travelling by snowboard (including the chairlifts), and 20,000ft of vertical ascent.

Hope the weather clears up soon round here, don't like this rain much....

(edited to remove the rash of exclamation marks)

Edited by Dr. Boggis

Oh the humanity!

My archived and removed Do They Hate Me? cache was headed back to me via the pizza event and 13 cachers signed the log book! Only one logged a find (as of yet) and I promptly busted them (in the nicest manner).

So who thought a Dan-oh cache rated at 4/3 would just walk up to you while you were drinking a beer?! Not a chance. I will never happen. For that, you must ALL pay. I will call the locust to descend upon you and your, um, wait.

OK, I'll make a really mean and nasty cache and you'll have to find it.

So there. :)

Oh the humanity!

My archived and removed Do They Hate Me? cache was headed back to me via the pizza event and 13 cachers signed the log book! Only one logged a find (as of yet) and I promptly busted them (in the nicest manner).

So who thought a Dan-oh cache rated at 4/3 would just walk up to you while you were drinking a beer?! Not a chance. I will never happen. For that, you must ALL pay. I will call the locust to descend upon you and your, um, wait.

So there. :)

Worse yet, some of us were forced to sit by and WATCH these infidels log in! Any cache that requires 3 cachers and a hoe (note the e) should remain sacred.

Oh the humanity!

My archived and removed Do They Hate Me? cache was headed back to me via the pizza event and 13 cachers signed the log book!  Only one logged a find (as of yet) and I promptly busted them (in the nicest manner).

So who thought a Dan-oh cache rated at 4/3 would just walk up to you while you were drinking a beer?!  Not a chance.  I will never happen.  For that, you must ALL pay.  I will call the locust to descend upon you and your, um, wait. 

So there.  :surprise:

Worse yet, some of us were forced to sit by and WATCH these infidels log in! Any cache that requires 3 cachers and a hoe (note the e) should remain sacred.

So you guys had to go into a dark tunnel with a hoe? :P

Hey Dan-oh, I was one of the "some of us were forced to sit by and WATCH these infidels" cachers. So be nice to the fidels! :anibad:

I'm pretty sure that I could do it all with Adobe Photoshop Elements, but I am having lots of trouble figuring out how to use it.  I thought maybe someone out there who knows what they're doing could work with me on designing the next card in the series, and then I would be better equipped to carry on.

Any takers?  :surprise:  :anibad:

drop me a line...if i can't get you going...my neighbor (tutor in photoshop) can surely help.

Thanks, but Sally of The Senior Sleuths has given me all I need to do things the correct way! Thanks, again, Sally! I am sooooooo glad you showed me how to do what I need to do! :P

well...if mean and nasty is what you want, just gimme a call, Dan. Maybe we can pair up on this. :anibad:

(uh oh...I see villagers with torches a-comin')

--TT--

I don't need no stinkin' torches OR chocolate covered cherries, I've got a TODDLER! :surprise: