The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

Has anyone seen my eTrex? I seem to have mislaid it (a yellow eTrex in a protective jacket), and View of the Jewel was the last cache I found with it, on Monday. So if anyone spots an eTrex nearby, please let me know! I see a few people have found the cache since me, so I presume I've just put it somewhere random, rather than having put it on my car roof and driven off, but just in case....

I hope it hasn't been nicked from my bench in the lab. :rolleyes:

Well, it looks like it WAS taken from my bench in the lab! :ph34r::ph34r::o:o

Does anyone have an old spare unused GPSr I could borrow until I can sort myself out with a new one?

Has anyone seen my eTrex? I seem to have mislaid it (a yellow eTrex in a protective jacket), and View of the Jewel was the last cache I found with it, on Monday. So if anyone spots an eTrex nearby, please let me know! I see a few people have found the cache since me, so I presume I've just put it somewhere random, rather than having put it on my car roof and driven off, but just in case....

I hope it hasn't been nicked from my bench in the lab.  :rolleyes:

Well, it looks like it WAS taken from my bench in the lab! :anicute::unsure::anibad::yikes:

Does anyone have an old spare unused GPSr I could borrow until I can sort myself out with a new one?

Toby, you can use my Geko or Vista, they're not new, but I don't use them that much, you can borrow one for as long as you like.

D!

I hope it hasn't been nicked from my bench in the lab.  :rolleyes:

Well, it looks like it WAS taken from my bench in the lab! :anicute::unsure::anibad::yikes:

Toby, you can use my Geko or Vista, they're not new, but I don't use them that much, you can borrow one for as long as you like.

Thanks dude! You've got mail....

InKoPah Cachers

Looks like we'll be having two meet places. The first meet place at 8AM will be at the Texaco Station (or is it a Shell now?) on 70th Street and I-8. This is where I'll be meeting Jared.

Then we'll drive out to the gas station at the Jacumba Exit (I believe it's Exit 70) like around 9:15-9:30. It's here we'll meet the HelBobduo.

Let me know if you're coming so we can know to wait for you.

Dave

Saturday, Feb 5th

9:15 Jacumba Exit

Shell Station

Dave

Saturday, Feb 5th

9:15 Jacumba Exit

Shell Station

We'll have our radios on. Ch 10, unless you suggest otherwise. We'll be heading out in the morning. I have Fri off, too. :anibad:

Well, it looks like it WAS taken from my bench in the lab!   

What, someone 'fessed up?!?! :anicute::unsure::rolleyes:

Edited by HelBob Duo

So which cowboy is on the left? :rolleyes:

That would be the SCC mascot, the Clumsy Cowboy Cacher TB. Brought that TB in from AZ, specifically for the 'boys.

--TT--

Hearin' an ol' cowboy blubber is worse 'n gettin' horse kicked. Carpenter from Hell is all shook up 'bout bein' featured on th' Yrium Memorial card.

Said he slept with the picture under his saddle last night.

Truth be told it was easier t' get along with that Clumsy Cowboy travel bug than with Carpenter.

By th' way, who f'rgot to log Clumsy out of Cowboy cache number two?

Harmon of th' Sandy Creek Cowboys

Hey TT would you PLEASE change the photo on your profile page? I went to your profile today to view your caches and almost vomited! <_<

Fine....I changed it. But it's not nearly as cool!

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I got an e-mail from Lucky Kid who thought that my previous photo was the "coolest he's ever seen!"

Can't please 'em all....(sigh)

--TT--

Greetings. We would like to invite you all to a geo-event held in La Quinta, on Saturday, March 5.

La Quinta Event

The event is hosted by the Greater Palm Springs Cachers (GPS Cachers) which is our local geocaching club. There is a variety of cache types available to suit most anyone's tastes. From tough hikes, to power trails, to 4X4 only, to urban micros.

The event is in the evening at 6:30 PM. We are arranging activities starting early in the morning. It will be a fun event and a great opportunity to touch base with your out of town geo-buddies.

We look forward to seeing our San Diego friends there, and hope to meet some new ones as well!

Thanks,

Daryl & Jamey

TEAM Nohoch

:o:D<_<

Edited by WestCoastAdmin
I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I got an e-mail from Lucky Kid who thought that my previous photo was the "coolest he's ever seen!"

Can't please 'em all....(sigh)

--TT--

Beavis and Butthead would say the same thing:

"Hey Beavis."

"What?"

"Your arm's weird lookin'."

"Shut up!"

"Heh huh, kinda looks like bologne. Heh heh heh heh!" <_<

Edited by TrailGators

On Saturday we had a really great time finding some caches at In-Ko-Pah. The group was Parsa, Gershon, HelBobDuo, HollandHunters, and me- DHsundance. We did Mission to Iraq (great swag), Smuggler's Cave, Rear View, Gould or Gold, probably one of the toughest caches in San Diego County, Paxton's Vacation Villa.

The Paxton cache was the reason I wanted to head up there becuase it had had no finders and was very close to my cache on top of the Elliot Mine. Well what better way to get to the cache than by having the owner guide you. We had to park our vehicles and walk about a mile and a half round trip to the cache site. The walk though is very leisurely. The climb up to the cache is not. But it is well worth it because of the sense of accomplishment and view.

I highly recommend doing this cache.

On Saturday we had a really great time finding some caches at In-Ko-Pah. The group was Parsa, Gershon, HelBobDuo, HollandHunters, and me- DHsundance. We did Mission to Iraq (great swag), Smuggler's Cave, Rear View, Gould or Gold, probably one of the toughest caches in San Diego County, Paxton's Vacation Villa.

The Paxton cache was the reason I wanted to head up there becuase it had had no finders and was very close to my cache on top of the Elliot Mine. Well what better way to get to the cache than by having the owner guide you. We had to park our vehicles and walk about a mile and a half round trip to the cache site. The walk though is very leisurely. The climb up to the cache is not. But it is well worth it because of the sense of accomplishment and view.

Just curious if the coordinates were ok as posted. Multiple DNFs until this weekend suggested there might be a problem. Have not previously searched for Paxton but hope to since it has been one is on the Gecko "to-do-eventually" list.

-Gecko Dad

Edited by Team Gecko

The cache is easy to find, close to the coordinates, and in an obvious place. It's getting up to the cache that's pretty hard. However, I think you can make it. I'd advise going with a partner though since you'll be doing some rock climbing. Better to be safe. I think the owner will be posting waypoints, but I can give the summary. You work your way to the far southwest corner of the outcropping via a road, then rabbit trails. You'll come to the border (a nearly destroyed barbed wire fence). Then work your way up a channel-like valley between two rock faces. Stay right. Near the top you'll work your way up the rocks on the right side, not the left. You'll be in an almost enclosed area near the top. There will be a 9 or 10 foot wall to scale to the north. Work your way to the right (east), and you'll then have to get on top of the granite that makes up the summit. That was a tough one since it was not only pretty high, but curved. You'd probably have to chimney up between two granite faces to get up without help (which I needed). gershon walked around on these rocks like a goat. Not me. Maybe climber X or someone would like to go with you.

Parsa

Just curious if the coordinates were ok as posted. Multiple DNFs until this weekend suggested there might be a problem. Have not previously searched for Paxton but hope to since it has been one is on the Gecko "to-do-eventually" list.

-Gecko Dad

Don,

I'll go up there with you if I can get some time off. Let me know when you want to go.

Russ

TB Help needed!

Bill (hrtpmpfxr) is going to Germany early on Friday and wants to take a TB I've got, the Green V-Dub TB, with him for splashman. Could anyone who knows Bill meet me to collect it and then get it to him by the end of tomorrow? I don't think he's back in town until tomorrow, not sure what time. I can come out over lunch (today or tomorrow) to meet and maybe find a cache or two, if anyone's interested....

Hello All,

Happy 1500 Parsa!

Snakes and Ladders are one of the High ones on my list to do!

I Hate SNAKES :ph34r: So now would be the good time to do it!

I am kind of new at the forum thing...so I hope this works..

OOOHH whats this button do?

There aren't just snakes in Escondido. I think I saw an alligator in the sewer there today. :D

Parsa

Great job on 1500 Parsa. Ahh, someday.

I heard about that gator running loose too, but you won't be FTF. You gotta get up earl .. um, stay up pretty late to beat DaMoose and TT. They're the cutesy type of cache that I've done lately. Entertaining but easy.

Don't worry, I'm not loosing my edge. I have one or two cursable caches waiting in the wings.

Urban Legends I

Urban Legends II

Urban Legends III

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Well done!

Don't worry, I'm not loosing my edge.  I have one or two cursable caches waiting in the wings.

Urban Legends I

Urban Legends II

Urban Legends III

3 more new caches in my area! Awesome!

I had the Escondido area pretty well cleared out but finding all the caches in one area is like digging a hole in sand! <_<

Edit: Say has anyone heard from PCPainter? It has been a while since I've seen a post from him.

Edited by TrailGators

More TB help needed! (I took the Green V-Dub to Poway, so it should be on its way to Germany tomorrow).

I'm going to Colorado tomorrow afternoon for a week or so, visiting friends, doing some snowboarding, and generally being on holiday. So if there are any bugs which want to get to Denver or Fort Collins, or somewhere in the mountains, reply here or send me an email so we can arrange for transfer.

Cheers!