The San Diego Thread

Night Hunter

PUZZLES! You folks want PUZZLES!  3 have been release in the last 12 hours.

PUZZLES?? Yeah. I got yer puzzles right here!

I've got one waiting to be approved called "Opus 25 Etude in E-flat Major".

According to FlagMan, he's got one in the queue, and Dillon Gang is out in the field right now placing yet another puzzle, according to devhead.

My God! What have I wrought???? <_<

--TT--

Edited by TucsonThompsen
PUZZLES! You folks want PUZZLES!  3 have been release in the last 12 hours.

PUZZLES?? Yeah. I got yer puzzles right here!

I've got one waiting to be approved called "Opus 25 Etude in E-flat Major".

According to FlagMan, he's got one in the queue, and Dillon Gang is out in the field right now placing yet another puzzle, according to devhead.

My God! What have I wrought???? :)

--TT--

Okay you puzzle junkies, let's cool it! B) I'm still working on Stay on Target...

I got smoke comin' out my ears here B)

Just kiddin', keep 'em coming, doesn't matter, just will take me months to solve them...

D :blink:

Drop all those puzzles and head out after Flagman's new cache.....IT IS AWESOME! yes there is a simple puzzle/mystery to solve and then you are on your way to a great adventure. This is probably the best done cache i've seen in san diego as of yet (still working on getting out to the infamous sandy creek cowboy caches).

It is well worth the time to crack the puzzle. :huh:

Zis Is KAOS, Ve Don’t Bush-vaak Here! (GCKC5B)

Kudos Flagman! :lol:

I know this is a bit off topic, but I have a stagnet travel bug in "A view to die for" in El Cajon. It is brand new and it has been sitting there for weeks. I would love to have it picked up and moved on.  If anyone is in the area, and feels like helping a virgin travel bug along, please do. Thanks!!!  :lol:

Not off topic at all

Where are you now Three's Company?

Are you talking about WELL WORN, it is the only one of your bugs that was ever in G/I #2 The view is to die for. The page says it was picked up on August 2nd by Moroni

Man, can't anyone just place a nice simple cache anymore? I might have to join the anti-TT bandwagon. The collateral damage from his caches is beginning to get overwhelming. I finish one and ten more show up. Yikes!

I think that I offer an alternative to TT/puzzle caches. They're not (quite) as hard but they're more "right brain" than his wrong brain, um..I mean, left brain. :lol:

When I try and explain something, I grab the salt shaker and stack the dishes to demonstrate. TT might explain the significance of the Na and the Cl in the salt during his explanation. Just different thought processes.

Wanted to take a moment to drop a note here. Just returning from deployment where I heard about the full blown geocaching phenomenon. I was unable to hit the caches there in Iraq, being too far away. However, I've jumped feet first into it since returning and have done 17 since last Monday. I'll continue to ride the wave as NomadVW and my kids and wife will participate as TeamVW until I can get the wife going on her own! (feel free to drop secrets how to get her hooked :mad:)

Looking forward to joining the fray as a FTF hunter as well as just picking up on the close to 500 within 10 miles from me and all the rest around SW. I move to Japan in January and will be free to move TBs from there to a number of the SE Asia countries.

Looking forward to participating in everything that I can. I hope to be a voiced proponent to keeping caches "on trail" to protect the local wildlife. Already I've seen a number of the MTRP caches that are far enough "off trail" to endanger the fragile re-growth going there, and we need to work together to prevent overuse of paths to the caches - for protection of our lands as well as keeping it harder to find the caches ( one I found today cause we were all using the same path around the tree to get to the cache :D)

Keep on keepin on,

NomadVW

Drop all those puzzles and head out after Flagman's new cache.....IT IS AWESOME! yes there is a simple puzzle/mystery to solve and then you are on your way to a great adventure. This is probably the best done cache i've seen in san diego as of yet (still working on getting out to the infamous sandy creek cowboy caches).

It is well worth the time to crack the puzzle. :huh:

Zis Is KAOS, Ve Don’t Bush-vaak Here! (GCKC5B)

Kudos Flagman! :D

Ya, is good!

D :mad:

Hmmm...how does Duscwe! feel about all those puzzles???

air11.jpg

When it comes to those puzzles Duncan, just remember...

You've got to concentrate....concentrate.....concentrate.

Concentrate....Concentrate....concentrate.

Hello...lo....lo?

Echo....Echo...Echo.

Pinch-hitting for Pedro Borbon....bon...bon...

Manny....

Mota...Mota...Mota.

:huh:

--TT--

Edited by TucsonThompsen

Jeff, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Evet!!! Tabii Türk bir hapishaneye bir zaman gittim. Türkiye'deyken, benim kizarkada$imin anneannesinin evi bir hapishane yakindadir. Gerçekten, o bir yer çok güzel!

(Oh....Duscwe! didn't know that I speak Turkish). :D

--TT--

Who's "somewhat adorable?"

D :P

NomadVW - I can't identify the snake, but it looks like you were sure close. Be careful out there. A buddy got bit by a rattler 2 weeks ago, and my business partner nearly stepped on one while running on a Balboa Park trail during lunch.

I was out near Maderas caching before a golf game last week, and all I could think of was how embarrassing it would be to miss a tee time because I got bit by a snake.

NomadVW - I can't identify the snake, but it looks like you were sure close. Be careful out there. A buddy got bit by a rattler 2 weeks ago, and my business partner nearly stepped on one while running on a Balboa Park trail during lunch.

I was out near Maderas caching before a golf game last week, and all I could think of was how embarrassing it would be to miss a tee time because I got bit by a snake.

We saw a rattlesnake in Tecolote Canyon by Magnet Exchange last weekend. Looked a lot like that photo -- not that I got up in its face to have a good look, but the coloration was very similar. Oddly, it didn't start do a thing till after we'd walked by, and then it rattled noisily away when we were nowhere near it! We were left with newfound respect for staying on the trail (this guy was just a foot or two off the trail, in the dry grass). Only our second encounter in two years -- I wonder how many sleeping rattlers we've quietly passed by and never known it.

Uh, just trying out this newgroup thingy...

I scored TT's new puzzle, "Opus 25 in E Flat" today. I want to commend TT on another fine puzzle and on his fine musicianship! I was thoroughly engrosed in solving it for like 4 days. I recruited a team of cachers to help solve it. I hope TT doesn't mind. I prefer to do these things "lone wolf" but I got impatient and desperate.

Thanks for entertaining us yet again, TT!

(Hope this post works...)

Man, those approvers sure can move fast...less than 24 hrs on my new Lame Micro 243 (GCKDNH) up in Escondido.

It really is a micro but it ain't all lame. I'm trying out two new techniques/concepts that'll throw someone for a curve.

I'm interested to hear your comments.

Dang, only 4 hits on my cache so far. Whats up with that.

People don't really think its lame, do they? Or is it just too hard? :huh:

Personally, I think I get bonus points for making TT say D'OH! Duh!

Maybe if you email Tucson a puzzle he'll go too. :lol:

Parsa

well. there is a new puzzle in Leucadia.Leaving work now....think I'll go to hit rocket man's as well.

PUZZLE JUNKIES ALERT!

-----------------------------

FYI....I've just made a deliciously evil (but logical) cache called "Blueprint"(GCKGYT) . Be on the lookout for its approval in the next few days. :)

--TT--

PUZZLE JUNKIES ALERT!

-----------------------------[/b]

FYI....I've just made a deliciously evil (but logical) cache called "Blueprint"(GCKGYT) .  Be on the lookout for its approval in the next few days.  :lol:

--TT--

Oh no! I'm still recovering from Opus 25! Oh well, no rest for the weary...

By the way, puzzle nerds: You've got to check out Mime's Revenge (GCKFW9) - it'll get your geek juices flowing...in a good way!

Maybe if you email Tucson a puzzle he'll go too. :)

Parsa

well. there is a new puzzle in Leucadia.Leaving work now....think I'll go to hit rocket man's as well.

PUZZLE JUNKIES ALERT!

-----------------------------

FYI....I've just made a deliciously evil (but logical) cache called "Blueprint"(GCKGYT) . Be on the lookout for its approval in the next few days. :)

--TT--

Groan! :)

Had to change my avatar to old McCrosky. Everytime I get down to two TT puzzles to go a new one pops up. Coincidence? Shouldn't have taunted happy fun ball...

D :lol:

Edited by Duscwe!

Had to change my avatar to old McCrosky. Everytime I get down to two TT puzzles to go a new one pops up. Coincidence? Shouldn't have taunted happy fun ball...

Its funny how alot of geocachers have the same sense of humor. I saw TTs avatar and immediately knew what it was. Obviously, so did Duncan. Then there's the Zaphod Beeblebrox quote. And Duncan's quote from Airplane! And Dan-oh's quote from Spinal Tap. And the myriad of Monty Python lines that get thrown around (insert shameless plug for a few caches based on them coming soon). I don't think these are just awfully well known quotes such as "frankly my dear, I don't give a dam." I wonder how many people in here know and immediately recognize those books/movies/scenes that well and whether that sense of humor is located in the same spot in the brain as liking geocaching.

Any sociologists in here want to do a study?? :lol:

Yes it sometimes scares me the level to which I can pull movie lines out of my head. Chalk it up to watching too much Nick at Nite, or having a film-major roommate in college, or having worked at Blockbuster in college as well. I dunno.

Back in North Carolina, my co-worker Adam and I were so in sync with movie lines that we sometimes could actually have relevant scientific conversations using nothing but movie quotes.

It was rather frightening.

Scary just like I can't remember to put the trash cans out on Monday but I'll quote you the entire script to Clerks or Office Space as if it were litany.

But it's rather cool to see others in the forums with the same habits.

And Duncan.....Leon's getting larger! :anibad:

--TT--

Its funny how alot of geocachers have the same sense of humor. I saw TTs avatar and immediately knew what it was. Obviously, so did Duncan. Then there's the Zaphod Beeblebrox quote. And Duncan's quote from Airplane! And Dan-oh's quote from Spinal Tap. And the myriad of Monty Python lines that get thrown around (insert shameless plug for a few caches based on them coming soon). I don't think these are just awfully well known quotes such as "frankly my dear, I don't give a dam." I wonder how many people in here know and immediately recognize those books/movies/scenes that well and whether that sense of humor is located in the same spot in the brain as liking geocaching.

Any sociologists in here want to do a study?? :anibad:

All these little bits of trivia and knowledge floating around in my head. I don't know if I'm well rounded or just strange.

Any sociologists in here want to do a study?? :anibad:

To tell the truth, we are completely mad. We are inmates of a Bengali psychiatric institution and we escaped by making this skin out of old cereal packets...