Recently Viewed Caches list reset

ChriBli

My Recently Viewed Caches list, as seen from the old dashboard, suddenly contains only one entry. That entry is for the only cache listing I have viewed yet in 2022. Is it expected that this list should reset with the new year? Not that this entirely ruins my day...

4 hours ago, ChriBli said:

My Recently Viewed Caches list, as seen from the old dashboard, suddenly contains only one entry. That entry is for the only cache listing I have viewed yet in 2022. Is it expected that this list should reset with the new year? Not that this entirely ruins my day...

My list is very long so either it's showing all recently reviewed geocaches or I was up way later than I thought.

7 hours ago, ChriBli said:

I noticed the same thing when I came home from caching yesterday (1/1/22). I usually use the recently viewed list to quickly get to the cache pages for logging the day's efforts, since they are ones I viewed the night before, but this time the list was empty. I can't recall if it's done this on previous New Year's Days or if this is some new "feature".

26 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I noticed the same thing when I came home from caching yesterday (1/1/22). I usually use the recently viewed list to quickly get to the cache pages for logging the day's efforts, since they are ones I viewed the night before, but this time the list was empty. I can't recall if it's done this on previous New Year's Days or if this is some new "feature".

Mine's fine (Atlanta area), in both old and new dashboards.  Is it possible it only affected certain time zones?

On 1/1/2022 at 8:50 AM, Max and 99 said:

My list is very long so either it's showing all recently reviewed geocaches or I was up way later than I thought.

Lucky you... mine has been deleted TWICE recently and it is my MOST used feature so I was very very very annoyed. And I see Groundspeak has not replied here to explain.

Another weird bug: top right of every page is username and total finds. Only for weeks now it has said "find" not "finds" ... which is just... silly. They must be playing around with things on the website a lot lately. If that recently viewed list resets again I'm going to start a problem tag with them.

54 minutes ago, CCFwasG said:

Another weird bug: top right of every page is username and total finds. Only for weeks now it has said "find" not "finds" ... which is just... silly. They must be playing around with things on the website a lot lately. If that recently viewed list resets again I'm going to start a problem tag with them.

This was reported back in early December and a lackey responded with:

image.png.8a524595e504848c0cb1dcd80e398db5.png

I guess putting the 's' back on Finds requires some major reprogramming.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
4 hours ago, CCFwasG said:

Lucky you... mine has been deleted TWICE recently and it is my MOST used feature so I was very very very annoyed. And I see Groundspeak has not replied here to explain.

Yeah I use that feature a lot too! I checked today on both my profile and my dashboard and all my recently viewed lists are still quite long.

• Upvote 1

I used the "recently viewed" section to line up caches I was interested in doing.  It used to stay as-is quite a while.

I hunt online for caches I'll do (that terrain thing...), and usually because of distance hit them singly.

Ill a while, it was for reference for when I can head out again.  Sadly, that function hasn't been available for some time...