Cibola Forest (NM) to open

CheesyD

Just heard on the radio that Cibola Forest will open tomorrow (July 16) at 8:00 AM. Certain fire restrictions will still be in effect. They say they have nearly 3,000 "closed" signs to take down as well.

CheesyD

"Blessed are the cheesemakers, for they shall inherit the earth."

--Monty Python's The Life of Brian

I was on vacation in Cloudcroft NM about two weeks ago and everything was closed. No hiking, no camping, and I did no caching. How about Lincoln Nation Forest is it open yet? I did manage to place two caches in Cloudcroft Proper while there, all in all it was still fun.

Way points for new caches I placed (GC6F59) & (GC6EBA

Team SuperGenius

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

From the Forest Service...

FOREST CLOSURE LIFTED (July 12th)

FIRE RESTRICTIONS STILL IN PLACE

(Alamogordo, NM)—Lincoln National Forest will lift the forest-wide closure on Friday at 8:00 AM. Existing fire restrictions however, are still present and will continue to be enforced. These include no open fires, no smoking except in designated areas or enclosed vehicles, no fireworks, and no charcoal or barbeque grills. UL approved stoves, lanterns, and heating devices can be used.

Keeping the forest available and open to the public is important, but keeping the forest safe from fire is the top priority. The recent minimal increase in rainfall has made the forest once again available for public use; however, keep in mind that there is still not enough rain to safely lift fire restrictions. So come visit and enjoy our beautiful forest and our local communities. Please, let us all help to keep it safe.

CheesyD

"Blessed are the cheesemakers, for they shall inherit the earth."

--Monty Python's The Life of Brian