Adopted cache does not show new owner's name

sTeamTraen

I created this cache, and recently adopted it out. The owner info (still) says "A cache by sTeamTraen", with a link to my profile. The name of the current owner (aksaY) isn't visible anywhere on the page (apart from the logs that they wrote after adopting it).

It's true that there is a link next to "A cache by" saying "Message this owner", which opens Message Center with the current owner as the target of the message, but that is also a bit confusing. First, the words "this owner" imply that the link will message me (sTeamTraen), whereas in fact it will message the current owner. Second, it doesn't offer a quick way to see the name, profile, or e-mail link of the current owner.

My suggestion would be to have "A cache by" contain a link to the current owner's profile. Maybe the original owner's name could be a plain text field somewhere, although in a previous version the CO could write a plain-text version of the ownership info, and one often saw something like "sTeamTraen (adopted by aksaY)" there; that seemed to work quite well. But I don't see any great need for the initial owner to be linked, especially since the original owner may no longer be part of the game (and some caches have been adopted multiple times).

Adopted.png

1 minute ago, sTeamTraen said:

First, the words "this owner" imply that the link will message me (sTeamTraen)...

The username may be changed by the current owner... and can be anything he wants (not necessarily a username). Any message will be sent to him (the owner) no matter what is the username that shows on the listing.

By courtesy we use to leave the original owner's name there also... along with the words "adopted by XXXX".

• Helpful 5
11 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

The username may be changed by the current owner... and can be anything he wants (not necessarily a username). Any message will be sent to him (the owner) no matter what is the username that shows on the listing.

By courtesy we use to leave the original owner's name there also... along with the words "adopted by XXXX".

Yes, many I've seen have the original owner's name, followed by adopted by.....

18 minutes ago, sTeamTraen said:

The owner info (still) says "A cache by sTeamTraen", with a link to my profile.

No, the link is to the current owner's profile, not yours. I just tried it to confirm.

• Helpful 2
1 hour ago, sTeamTraen said:

But I don't see any great need for the initial owner to be linked

Although there is no link to the initial owner on the cache page (except for in logs), I'm sure the current owner would be happy to delete your name if you prefer. It's such a simple thing to edit on the cache page, and it can be changed to almost ANYTHING the current owner wants. I make up names for my caches.