Women cachers in Central Valley area

JaimeeG

Hello all

How many women cachers are floating around in the central valley area (Modesto, Sacramento, Stockton, Fresno, etc.)? It seems that most of the women I have seen logging caches have been part of a husband-wife or family team. Any women go out caching alone?

I would be interested in chatting with fellow female cachers!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hello all

How many women cachers are floating around in the central valley area (Modesto, Sacramento, Stockton, Fresno, etc.)? It seems that most of the women I have seen logging caches have been part of a husband-wife or family team. Any women go out caching alone?

I would be interested in chatting with fellow female cachers!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

I cache alone sometimes or haul a friend with me...not in the central valley, usually the desert and I am looking at the Tehachapis for future trips. Great sport even alone.

lara

RedShoes.jpg

quote:

I cache alone sometimes or haul a friend with me...not in the central valley, usually the desert and I am looking at the Tehachapis for future trips. Great sport even alone.

lara

http://www.larahartley.com/RedShoes.jpg

I have a female friend in Bakersfield who is just now wanting to start geocaching, but doesn't have her GPS yet. She'd probably love to go along although she might want to bring a youngster or two. If you like, I could pass along your email adress to her.

- Rent

Hi Lara

I think that sometimes this could be funner alone. My husband and I usually go out together, and it seems that we always find something to bicker about icon_eek.gif

To be honest, I am a bit frightened of going out alone most of the time. I am pretty much a scaredy cat! We were in a local park area a few days ago, and we came across a group of men sitting around drinking beer. It looked to me as if they lived down in this park. They also had about 4 dogs running loose. I was quite worried even with my husband with me, so I can only imagine how fearful I would have been if alone.

A trip to the Tehachapis would be fun. We are going to be driving to Missouri in June, and we plan on doing some caching along the way. We will cut across 58, so maybe we will do the Tehacaphis as well if we have time!

Thanks for the reply!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

There are some female cachers out there, but I'm not sure if they go alone. I know McIrish usually goes out with her clan, and there was another 'cacher who went by the name of mav that used to hunt frequently, again, I don't know if her family went along.

Heck, lone caching for guys can sometimes be frightening as well. Check out my entry for Beaver Glen. I've also had my Jeep broken into when searching for another cache. Don't get me wrong, I still primarily cache by myself, but I feel I can rest a little easier when hunting with others.

---

Lawrence

I would put something funny here, but not now.