The ARIZONA thread

Team Finn

quote:
Just please don't knock me out of the top 50

You have little to worry about. I've been caching for 3 years now and only have 137 finds icon_eek.gif

I figured out that my name is listed since I have 3 AZ finds already. It also shows my first find as 6/02 which must be my first AZ find date as my first actual find was 9/00.

-----

Matt

K7MTO

I have a request.

When submitting caches for approval please do not set the terrain at a "1" unless it is wheel chair accessable. if it is not please use "1.5"

This is only a request, Failure to do this will NOT prevent the approval of your cache.

Thank you

CO Admin

Bureaucratic nonsense and petty power mongering a speciality

frog.gif The Frog is my friend frog.gif

OK, my hat is off to all AZ cachers. I'm a CA boy and live near the coast near Santa Cruz. I'm used to fog protection and shade (albeit horrible signal) from the Redwoods here. The last few days the temp has been right around 100 and I don't feel like having my laptop on me heating up my legs more or less hiking around and caching!

I've was in AZ 2 years ago visting a friend (before I was a cacher) and I couldn't imagine hiking around daily in that heat. The recent heat wave over here made me realize what daily caching must be like for you guys.

I'm cracking open a cold one right now. Here's to you! icon_smile.gif

I have found that most folks who have not been to AZ think that it is ALL flat (relatively), desert, cactus, etc...

About half the state is higher elevation, either high-desert ranchland or forested pines. We get SNOW in the winter too! The highest mountains are above 12,000 feet near Flagstaff (sorry, no cactus up there).

Around Prescott, we live at 5,100 ft. and the mountains are up to 7,900 feet. We have 4 seasons (winter snow/rain, beautiful spring, partly HOT and partly monsoon-thunderstorm rainy summer, and gorgeous fall) and yes, even some cactus amongst the pines! (See 'Baby Barrel Cactus' cache SW of Prescott)

No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce!

I know Im going to regret this, I hope.

I havent had any caches to aprove from Arizona in 4 days. COme on guys, this is the time to get those caches in before the busy season. Im offering 20% off for each cache approved

CO Admin

I work for the QOFE that works for the Frog

tongue.gif The Frog is my friend big_smile.gif

youngster, When I was growing up in Tucson, back in the olden days, we were happy when it was 115 in the shade.......uphill both ways, by cracky. get ou there and place some caches so I cna approve them for you. Under 100 deg! you kids are soft!

Gramps

We'll place them when we're good and ready. Sheesh. We are not *soft* out here. Some of us have gone caching in 111° after a root canal. Piece of cake.

Regarding the new note for approvers. This question was asked and never answered in another thread. I want to know the answer so if you please...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

The next time that you go to fill out the form to submit a new geocache, you'll see a new text field near the bottom of the form. The instructions say:

quote:
Note to Reviewer

In order to expedite your new cache approval, please provide any details for the cache listing, such as final coordinates for a MultiCache, _whether you received permission_, or a description of the item for a virtual cache. The reviewer will delete this note before approving your listing.

When someone answers No, will the cache be approved?

quote:
Originally posted by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking:

We'll place them when we're good and ready. Sheesh. We are not *soft* out here. Some of us have gone caching in 111° after a root canal. Piece of cake.

O yeah??? 113, in Mesa, with a hang-nail AND while being pursued by those 2 guys with the bikes and the back-packs

tongue.gif

Hello all. Relatively new to the site and searching for caches. I am having a lot of fun, so far. Took my wife, sister in law and mother in law. We have found about 8, I think. Thanks to everyone who makes this possible. Semper Fi, Devil Dog (aka: Al Whitney, Yuma, AZ) I forgot to mention, got my son (mwhit069) and his wife in Maryland interested. They are a Navy family. Thank you to all our servicemen and women who are doing an outstanding job! Oooooorrrraaaaahhhhh!

That cache I went after after a root canal...It was in a cholla forest and I was wearing sandals. Not a single cactus needle pierced my delicate foot. The only thing chasing me were rattlesnakes and fist sized spiders.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a bubble bath with my rubber duckie. (LOL)

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

You have my sympathies.

I've had 4 root canals now. Take motrin to reduce the swelling. Reduce the swelling, ease the pain at the same time.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

That wasn't the root canal totally, They cut open an artery in my sinus taking out the root. Cheek full of blood..Well the swelling is down and the bruising is about gone...Percoset...Ask for it by name....LOL..I plan to get out next week and give the CO Admin something to do...Look for a new South Mountain Cache in a couple of weeks..

My wife and I will be visiting Sedona in April. I know that there are a lot of caches in the area -- but she is not into caching so I have limited opportunities. Does anyone have a recommendation for caches in the area that noncachers might enjoy (good views, moderate hikes, interesting locations)?

If you email me directly, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Greetings, im moving on over here from the San Diego thread, I just moved here from San Diego to Glendale area. people think im crazy, but oh well.

i have not done any caches yet, maybe soon. hope to see some az cachers out there.

Chris

We recently came back from a week's trip to the Sedona area -- I loved many of the caches there, particularly Cow Pies and Sedona Oak Creek. I even got my non-geoaching wife to go with me as we hiked past vortexes and looked at cliff ruins in the canyons. I would have loved to do others, but was pressing my luck . . . It confirmed that geocaching can be a great way to see an area. Thanks to all.

Hi all, Going to be visiting Az next month but won't have a vehicle. Am wondering if anyone is near the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix and could give me some nearby coordinates. I have done a zip code search but there are numerous caches in that area. Want to try to get a short list going before we arrive...

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks,

Ohana3

And now for something completely different. :P

If the following question is an inappropriate use of this thread, I apologize, but I would like some suggestions about where to get a car's windows tinted. I want to do more geocaching this summer and tinted windows in the vehicle would help a lot. Anybody get car windows tinted recently and ended up being happy with the workmanship? I live in Tempe, so anything in the Phoenix area would be great. Thanks.

*thread killer!!* LOL!

Just got back from Kauai and hit some caches out there. Now that I'm home and school is out and scouting is over for the summer we plan on working on a few placements. I have a great ammo can that we would like to use for the end of a multi so I need to find a great place where it won't get plundered.

It was fun doing the "It Ain't Rock Salt" cache on Kauai because the last ones to log in the book were from Tucson as well...MO&GO...that made us laugh. We're heading to NM in a week and plan on hitting some in the Alamogordo and Carlsbad area. We love geocaching...lots of fun.

Just saying hello from Flagstaff. If you folks need to get out of the heat it has been hot up here. I think it will hit 80 or so today which is roasting.

Anyway just wanted to give out a hollar.

Yeppers we were up there this weekend and roped an 11 month old cache for First to Find honors.

I have to say the couple inches of hail in my jeep was interesting if not painful. :P

We will be back, but I doubt we will do a hike like that then drive home again in the same day. We did not get to our driveway until 3am Sunday.. I did not enjoy the moments of opening the eyes to say 'Doh, I am still driving' :D

Lovely country up there, if your bored check out some of our pictures from the Sitgreaves hike we did.

Sitgreaves mountain. I never did figure out how this is rated as a mystery/puzzle, but the hike was enjoyable.