Bug in Reach the Peak

pigal

Hi, is there any problem on geacaching.com today? I played one lab cache today to keep up my streak, but it didn't count on me in Reach the Peak ... My friend who logged in the multi cache now has the same problem. Do you know about this problem? Can anyone look at this, please?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lookout Mountain Gal said:

I had the same problem today (12-21).  Found two traditional caches.  They appear in my stats, but not on my progress for Reach the Peak.  

Same here. I found 5 caches yesterday (21th of Dec). Only the first one shows up in Reach the Peak and in Latest Activity, although all of them appear in my stats.

1 hour ago, FeastBeast2 said:

WE had same problem as many yesterday , DEcember 21, our adveture lab only showed 2 of our found 5 , and half of our finds yesterday did not show in peak game or leaderboard, please fix the app! FeastBeast2

It's not just the app, the leaderboard is as well broken in the normal browser, and souvenirs are as well not generated (I should have 6700m now, but am stuck at 5950, and thus no summit souvenir).

Edited by Saenger

I also logged a cache yesterday (that I had found the week before) and it doesn't show in the "reach the peak" leaderboard.

Is the problem solved or does it persist? (I found another since and would like to log it, but I also would like to get the meters to reach the summit... )

Yesterday, December 21, we experienced technical difficulties with email notifications and the Reach the Peak leaderboard. This was resolved around 3pm Seattle time. If you are still missing leaderboard points, we recommend deleting your previous logs and posting them again with the appropriate date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, worrellsquirrel said:

Yesterday, December 21, we experienced technical difficulties with email notifications and the Reach the Peak leaderboard. This was resolved around 3pm Seattle time. If you are still missing leaderboard points, we recommend deleting your previous logs and posting them again with the appropriate date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Okay, I can do this for the cache find that didn't count, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing this for the seven labs it didn't acknowledge for Reach the Peak (it got three of the ones I did yesterday, just not the rest). It was ten lab series that we hiked out in the snow to do and that have to be done in sequential order. Any suggestions for how to get them to count toward my Reach the Peak total?

We will not be able to update the Leaderboard for Adventure Labs that were completed yesterday during our technical difficulties. We do apologize for this issue, and recommend that you plan to find other Adventures or caches before the end of the month, to make up for those those points that were missed yesterday. 

• Funny 2
  • Surprised 3

Yes. Saw the same 'miss-count' on Tuesday, Dec 21, 2021. I had 1 Adventure Lab and 18 Traditional caches that posted to geocaching.com correctly but did not count in the Reach the Peak totals.  This is a total of 7,070 points not credited to Denali for the day. Reach the Peak did add 4 Adventure Labs and 6 Traditional caches so it was partially working.  Don't know why the exclusion occurred but would like it corrected.  TexasGreg

• Funny 1

I just read through the geocaching response and the problem is in your Reach the Peak software. I don't plan on deleting and reentering 19 caches (not to mention one is an Adventure Lab - would not know how to do that anyway) that posted correctly to the Geocaching.com site.  The information is correctly in your system - rerun the Reach the Peak software against your own database and correct the error.  The fix is your issue and should not require thousands of geocachers to delete and reenter this information that is already correctly in your system.

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 2