Need Bay Area Admin to Approve Cache

Equinox 2002

I created a cache last weekend (8/9) and it has still not been approved. I know it takes a while sometimes, but it's approaching 5 days.

GCGKW0 - The GeoROCKS! 500, Pole Position

I originally posted it with a [DON'T APPROVE YET] tag because I wasn't done editing the text. But that was removed on Saturday. If there is some problem with it, I'd be happy to make an adjustment. But so far I haven't heard anything.

Is there and admin in the area who could take a look at this and help me out?

Thanks!

- Equinox 2002

- Equinox 2002

Hmm. I just placed the final library cache (at the new joint library) and I was hoping it'd be approved by tomorrow's grand opening.

Now I'm getting worried!

Why don't you try emailing mtn-man? He approved my last two Bay Area caches, even though he is in Georgia. Something weird is going on for sure!

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

^ The funny thing is Becky, I was just thinking about doing that. Seeing as how he has quite a presence on the boards and all I thought I'd contact him. Thanks for the extra push, I'll do that now. icon_smile.gif

mtn-man is quit a presence in the geocaching IRC channel too. He's a nice guy. Good luck! Hopefully he responds!

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

quote:
Originally posted by beckerbuns:

Hmm. I just placed the final library cache (at the new joint library) and I was hoping it'd be approved by tomorrow's grand opening.

Now I'm getting worried!

Well, that was fast. It's approved!

MLK Joint Library

And by Hemlock, natch!

Any luck for you two?

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

[off-topic....]

So. They finally finished the library.

Grrrrrr....

I spent all 3 years of my graduate work with the constant clanging of construction outside my classroom, an inability to obtain the books I needed in a timely manner, and a very uncaring library staff when they lost the books I'd returned and wanted me to return them again.

Universities have a hard enough time keeping much-needed scholarly books from "disappearing." Adding the entire public to the lending audience is not going to improve things. I don't mind access to information-- I mind that someone is going to have checked out the *one* book I need for my final paper, and won't return it before the paper's due. In a more limited scholastic circulation, you can generally pin such books down to either the other grad students in your class, or the professor.

Ranting done now. Thanks for listening.

quote:

quote:

Now I'm getting worried!

Well, that was fast. It's approved!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=85961

And by Hemlock, natch!

Any luck for you two?

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Oh well, I've sent him two emails about this in the past 2 weeks. No response.

Congrats getting your approved so quickly though icon_smile.gif

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

quote:
Originally posted by mortaine:

Nevermind-- it's Terrain 4 cause of the overnight trip, right?

Overnight? What overnight? You were referring to The GeoROCKS! 500, right?

The Terrain has actually been reduced to 3 (following a suggestion from GeoROCKS himself). Terrain is actually 1-ish for the vast majority of the cache. A stroller could be pushed to each of the waypoints with minimal difficulty. Only the final 50 yards require a trek off road and downslope.

- Equinox 2002

quote:

Actually, your first email came in on August 15. I replied that you could ask me about the cache and you sent a message back to me on the same day and another on August 17th. Sorry I have not got back to you and I apologize. I have been working pretty late each night this week and have been catching up on emails. I traveled to my parents house on Saturday and I then worked most of the day on Sunday. I try to keep cache approval and cache approval/archival questions to the top of the list. I had planned to send your reply tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by mtn-man:

quote:

Actually, your first email came in on August 15. I replied that you could ask me about the cache and you sent a message back to me on the same day and another on August 17th. Sorry I have not got back to you and I apologize. I have been working pretty late each night this week and have been catching up on emails. I traveled to my parents house on Saturday and I then worked most of the day on Sunday. I try to keep cache approval and cache approval/archival questions to the top of the list. I had planned to send your reply tonight.

Sorry for the confusion, I was refering to Hemlock in that post. Thanks very much for you getting back to me though, I really appreciate your advice!

Hemlock has made contact today too, he hadn't gotten either of my emails and contacted me through the geocache email bot after seeing this thread. I really appreciate both of you taking the time to look at my questions. THANKS! icon_biggrin.gif

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."