Hidden caches not correct

Xienix

Till first of October 2021 I had 11 hidden caches: 2 traditional, 1 multi, 3 mysteries, 1 Lab-cache (with 5 points)

So it looks Lab-caches are counted in the overview.

On October 9th I placed my second Lab-cache (with 5 points) but until now (2 months later) I still have 11 hidden caches.

I think it should be 16 now.

Am I thinking wrong or is there somewhere a bug ??

6 minutes ago, Xienix said:

Till first of October 2021 I had 11 hidden caches: 2 traditional, 1 multi, 3 mysteries, 1 Lab-cache (with 5 points)

So it looks Lab-caches are counted in the overview.

On October 9th I placed my second Lab-cache (with 5 points) but until now (2 months later) I still have 11 hidden caches.

I think it should be 16 now.

Am I thinking wrong or is there somewhere a bug ??

Has someone found your second adventure lab? Your hidden count will not include the new adventure lab until someone finds it.

However as you will see from the discussion below even after they find it your counts may be off.

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/364047-owned-cache-stats-numbers-not-adding-up/

Edited by Max and 99
8 minutes ago, Xienix said:

Yes, already 24 Adventure completed  (37 participants and in total 156 Locations completed).

The first Lab-cache has a bonus, the second Lab-cache not. Could that be the problem??

stats.JPG

The bonus cache would not affect the AL total. 

Edited by Max and 99
1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Updating hide count tends to be very slow around Labs owned.  The best solution seems to be wait. Most of those who have complained see this come right in a month or so.

Still strange. As the screenshot by @Xienixshows, the numbers for the individual cache types are correct, only the sum is not. As a software developer, I just wonder why the number shown as "Total Caches Owned" is not simply calculated as the sum of all the individual numbers above. Doesn't look like rocket science to me.

• Helpful 1

FYI:    I contacted Geocaching HQ with this bug:

Answer:

Thank you for contacting Geocaching HQ.

We are aware of the incorrect cache hide count on personal profile. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get this issue resolved soon.

Edited by Xienix
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1