Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I was going to send you on a treasure hunt to find the comic strip place, but George sent you right to it.

If you do sign up to create strips, people will be able to see them there, but if you want to include them here in the forums, you will need to go through a few extra steps.

Email me if you get to that stage and I will step you through it the way I did on some other graphics you were working with.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

...check out this link which was obtained when searching for cartoons which contain the word cache.

Search for cache in comics

The top half seem to be geocaching...the bottom half computer caches. There is some "adult" language in some of the bottom cartoons.

Ron

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on October 06, 2002 at 11:51 AM.]

Good morning all

Does anyone know a nice, scenic route to Morro Bay from Modesto? When I go to Mapquest or Expedia, they are telling me to go down 99 to Lemoore and then cut over the Paso Robles. Could there possibly be anything LESS scenic than that route?? YUCK!

I figured on going to Monterey and then hopping on Hwy 1 from there..but I wondered if anyone else knew any other routes that are nice.

Thanks!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

Driving down 101 from Gilroy is not bad. Drive like you're going to Monterey and then just keep going south on 101 until you reach Sal Luis Obispo, then cut over to moro bay.

Quicker than Hwy 1. Not as scenic but nicer than driving across the valley.

george

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

....but I smell some CACHING coming on for Jaimee and Pat !

A beautiful time of year to be in that area.

My parents moved from Kansas to Cambria (near Morro Bay) in 1972 and lived there until 1982 when they moved....BACK TO KANSAS ! That's when I knew they had lost it !

That whole area is beautiful with lots to do and caches too.

I used to drive down hiway 5 and then took a right at Kettleman City I think it was. Not the most interesting way either.

Marilyn and I are taking a trip that weekend too. More when we get there.

Ron

No caching for Pat. icon_frown.gif This is the weekend that I do inventory, and Jaimee and her mom will be going down to Morro Bay for a few days. This is her retreat while I spend 40-50 hours at the hospital for 2 1/2 days doing all the inventory bullsh**.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

Thanks for the directional help. My mom and I went down to Los Angeles for a week while Pat did inventory two years ago, and we then drove up the coast and went in to Solvang on the way home. After leaving there, we drove through SLO and then across at Paso Robles to Kettleman City. We both said "NEVER again" for that route. The road between Paso Robles (46 I think) was nasty to drive at night, especially since neither of us had ever been that way before.

Not sure how much, if any, caching I will do while there. My main goal is a few days of relaxation..no rushing, no stressing..just sitting on the beach with a good book. Between school full-time, working 30+ hours per week, and my daughter's continual activities, I am about ready to blow a gasket!!!!

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

I am VERY sorry to do this, but we need to change the BBQ from Sat the 12th to SUNDAY THE 13TH. We got a phone call last minute, and we need to shoot a wedding on Saturday, so there's no way we could do it then.

I hope EVERYONE who could make it Sat will still be able to go, since it's the same weekend.

I really hate to do this, but it's the only way we can do it.

Thanks everyone for being understanding and I hope to see everyone there!!!! Please email me if there's any problems!!!

Randy

I tried to get to that cartoon creation website here at work, but the school district has that website blocked for some reason. Sucks because I was juiced to make a few....

I have 3 geocaches all set to place somewhere, but no time to place them. I think all of my caches have been entirely too easy for all you guys so I'm gonna make these puppies TOUGH. We have a thursday game this week so I may actually have some time to go caching this weekend.

Mike: did you ever finish lifting your rig?

KURTULEAS

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

I really hate to do this, but it's the only way we can do it.

Thanks everyone for being understanding and I hope to see everyone there!!!! Please email me if there's any problems!!!

Randy

It's actually better for me since Saturday is my bike riding day.

george

Hey Randy

You might want to email some of the folks who posted a note on the BBQ page to say they would be there. I think there are a couple who don't follow this forum regularly.

Jaimee

Hi Everyone!

I'm really excited about the BBQ and sorry we had to change it again!

Anyway, we will be supplying the burgers and dogs, buns, veggies, paper products and condiments.

I would really appreciate if everyone coming could bring a salad and drinks. And if anyone wants to volunteer...:D....a dessert would be great!

Thanks so much and we will see you at 6 p.m. on Sunday!

Tammi

Just got back from some... out of state caching. Warm, relaxing, beautiful area if I do say so. Blows the socks off the Little Hawaii cache site!

Anyway, looks like we're able to attend the bar-b-que and I'll have those Diamonds for those cachers that are due. Looking forward to meeting the group and hear all those P.B. stories. lol

Maybe I'll be able to give some pointers on how I found the Black Box cache... if I do indeed find it. ('Pride comes before a fall')

See you all there.

Bill of Green Achers

Bill of Green Achers

"A closed mouth gathers no feet!"

Hello? ello? ello? Is anybody out there? out there? out there? out there?

Sure hope my last post (with all my dry humor) didn't drive everyone away! Maybe by chance, no one was able to log in over the past day and a half... Or maybe you're all working on your next cartoon post! lol We're looking forward to the next clever comic.

hum, Clever Comic! Maybe that would make a good cache. Too bad I need to focus more on hunting than stashing in order to meeting my goal (1/10 ratio). I added a new cache called Wild Life Cache. Anyone interested in being the FTF?? icon_razz.gif

Hope everyone's doing well and looking forward to meeting many cachers at the 'Que.

Bill of Green Achers

"A closed mouth gathers no feet!"

Hey Bill

I think everyone is busy. I know I sure am, that's why I'm posting on the boards right now. No actually it is a very busy time for me at work right now. Getting ready for inventory in two weeks. I get a chance every once and a while to check the forums from work. icon_biggrin.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

We have all been busy.

We are going to Monterey for the weekend so no B.B.Q for us. Unless I can find some B.B.Q oyesters some where in Monterey.

Kurt, I got the lift on pretty easy. The hardest part was extinding the steering shaft. That took longer to do than the body lifting it's self.

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

I'm still hitting them here and there but I haven't had time to go for any more than 1 at a time. I'll hit a few this weekend.

I did hide a couple new ones over the past few days.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38871

and

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=39271

george

I didn't have to do that with my rig...Maybe I should have. You gotta post a pic. i just put the depsoit down on my jeep Rubicon last night, but they haven't even started to build them yet, so I still have to wait another 6-8 weeks.

Busy isn't the work for it, I'm swamped. Football, work, baby, commute and teacher rallies to get rid of our superintendant etc., I'm about to keel over.

Hey is this BBQ by e-mail invite only, or open to everyone? Did someone say that there's a BBQ page? I couldn't find it.

KURTULEAS

For those who've had troulbe finding the link, here it is:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=33542

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COORDINATES ARE DIFFERENT! We've decided to hold it at my parents' house (still in the same town - Turlock) for various reasons - mostly because their yard is way bigger (lots more room for any kids), it's better lit (as it gets dark), and they have a better BBQ (obvious reason there).

The new coordinates are N37 29.604 W120 48.862

I'll try to email everyone who's emailed me about this change, and I'll put up a poster at the original location with the new coordinates for anyone who goes there by mistake!!!

Looking forward to it! This is a better place anyway - we should have done this from the beginning!

Randy

Wow! I feel like I have been gone for a long time! Way too busy and tired (maybe because it is getting dark at 6:30pm already!). ZachNLiam thank you for informing me of the change. I would have been totally confused when I got to your house and no one else was there.

Too bad this place has been so quiet. I feel like we lost someone, don't know who.

Still caching here!

~`Fallen`~

I am always confused, lost, or heading the wrong direction... Who cares?!?