Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Whew..I was hoping for some good reading here! I do freelance editing for a medical book publisher, and I am currently working on a neurology term book. I have had all the spinal cord mumbo jumbo I can take for one night! icon_eek.gif

Ron..I didn't use to be this lazy! My job made me this way, really! I also used to be 35 pounds thinner, but that was before I quit smoking. I have an excuse for everything! icon_biggrin.gif

So, now we have to head back to Tracy one of these evenings to get George's new ones. Friday is going to be spent at the CA State Fair, so we will have to do some evening caching after work I guess.

Okay..back to the ventral sponcerebellar tract caca!!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

This is only tentative right now, but how does the early evening of September 14 (Saturday) look for everyone? I will change the date if it's a problem for too many....

I think this is going to be a joint venture between us and TheObriens, but it would be nice if everyone brought something. I think meat and chips will be covered...

I'll update everyone when I know more. If you can go or not, please email me directly at randy@jamzcheer.com and let me know!!!

Randy

I know this isn't the most appropriate spot to do this, but I'm thinking about selling my GPSV with full USA unlock so I can get the Street Pilot III. I don't really want to ship it off (like on eBay), and it would be great to find someone looking for a good deal on one close by.

I also have copies of TOPO and MetroGuide in addition to City Select 4.00 and 4.01 for it.

I hope I don't upset anyone using this forum to try to sell something!!! Sorry if so!

Randy

The Pilot III is for car ONLY, it's not meant to be handheld. it's color, has a huge (by gps standards) screen. The V has 19MB of internal memory which holds a LOT of map detail, but the SPIII has an external 128MB card and fast programmer (the V's 19MB takes a while to load).

I LOVE the V. It's amazing. But I also have a GPSMAP 76, which is a GREAT handheld unit, so I always leave the V in the car, and the SPIII is just a little cooler. lol.

There really is NO better all-around gps than the V though. It's been incredible in the car, caching, etc. I just have to have the latest and greatest. lol

Hey George,

where did you guys get those little single sheet logbooks you put in your mini-caches? I couldn't find them at geocaching.com.

My printer is still down & I still can't printout geocaching letters for my caches. I want to plant a few more caches, but i'm hestitant to do so without geocaching letters in them.

If you have some I'll trade ya for a few of those paintball guppies I used for "Kurt's Kashe" if you're interested.

KURTULEAS

quote:
Originally posted by kurtuleas:

Hey George,

where did you guys get those little single sheet logbooks you put in your mini-caches? I couldn't find them at geocaching.com.

My printer is still down & I still can't printout geocaching letters for my caches. I want to plant a few more caches, but i'm hestitant to do so without geocaching letters in them.

If you have some I'll trade ya for a few of those paintball guppies I used for "Kurt's Kashe" if you're interested.

KURTULEAS

There is a micro cache note on the web page, but I ended up making my own in various sizes.

http://www.geocaching.com/articles/cachedoc_micro.doc

If your printer is down, I can leave some in a cache for you to pick up. I'm going bike riding today. Can you make it to modesto so I can leave some in a cache for you?

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

And I'm off work during that time...

http://magellangps.com/en/contests/JAR/index.asp

I'm going to enter to see if I can win a free entry. It might be interesting just to enter it anyway. I just don't have a vehicle that's up to it. Maybe the little truck, or maybe I'll have a bigger truck by then.

Full event info is here.

http://www.rallyusa.com/adv_general.html

5867_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

I filled out the registeration form a few weeks ago, and if i'm not mistaken they supply you with a vehicle. I can't remember now.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

If you win the supply you with a vehicle.. if you just want to enter the actual event it costs $450 per team and you supply your own vehicle.

You get quite a bit for the $450.

george

5867_200.gif

Now, THAT would be some kinda fun there! I have always wanted to participate in a road rally. Hmmmmm....might have to round up a navigator and head to Laughlin in December. Pat and I would kill each other before the day was over, so that option is out!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

Wow!!!! icon_biggrin.gifO.K. Jaimee- Let's go!!!!! Mike and Pat can go together, so you won't kill icon_redface.gifPat. We can go together so we can show those guys how well women can do this stuff! George will win the entry so Mary and George will be there. I don't think George irritates her enough to drive her crazy. icon_eek.gif This will be fun! I'll have to take a "no tell" day. Whadyathink? Carolyn icon_cool.gif

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

OK the teams are set on our end. It's official Mike and I are teaming up, and Jaimee and Carolyn are the other team. May the better men win. icon_biggrin.gif Since we will beat the women icon_eek.gif I guess Mike and I are going to have to share the room as well, which means we'll have to get a rollaway for one of us. That's Ok since we'll have bragging rights all the way back to California. icon_cool.gif So let's all get our registrations in and a fun time.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

Looks as if someone bumped his head! Pat..did you know there are some reallllyyy good drugs on the market to help with those delusions you are having??? icon_eek.gif

I was just practicing driving a car and waving over my shoulder to Pat and Mike...hope they can see us through the dirt they will be eating!

It's ON!!!!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Just to let you all know, I have temporarily disabled my "Ceres Post 491" cache due to some technical difficulties. It is still there, but according to the last folks who visited the cache, it is now not visible and we need some special equipment of some sort to retrieve it.

I will try to get out there tomorrow to fix it. It will be in a new type of container. I kinda wondered if the container might not be appropriate..and now I know!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Just to let you all know, I have temporarily disabled my "Ceres Post 491" cache due to some technical difficulties. It is still there, but according to the last folks who visited the cache, it is now not visible and we need some special equipment of some sort to retrieve it.

I will try to get out there tomorrow to fix it. It will be in a new type of container. I kinda wondered if the container might not be appropriate..and now I know!

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Should I not log my DNF then.

george

5867_200.gif

Yes, our darling little Mr. Morris tried to help retrieve the cache and because of the technical difficulty, it really became a 5 in difficulty to retrieve icon_frown.gif. So, now we need the technical gear to get this cache back in action. icon_rolleyes.gifSorry everyone! We'll have it back in action. icon_wink.gifCarolyn

I can't tell if you guys are joking or not, but I'm off work, and mary can take a couple days off work and it would be a blast to do it.

I don't need to win a free trip since $450 is cheap for what you get. You get a new gps and food and lodging. I'd rent a jeep down in Vegas if I didn't have a car by then.

george

5867_200.gif

Hey George..what time were you at the cache? If you were there before the Morris' clan, then I would say it's a DNF! Of course, someone MIGHT have found it if they were very dedicated and searched mighty long and hard (although they might still be there!) icon_biggrin.gif

Pat and I are serious about the rally. I was telling my mom about it, and she said "Hmmm...that might make a good Xmas present..the entry fee and spending money." Cool by me! She also wants to go and ride along in the FEMALE vehicle...the one that will win, of course! icon_razz.gif

I think it would be fun to maybe go down there a day early. I think the rooms were only $40 for extra nights. Pat and Mike would need to see how much extra the roll-away bed will be though.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

It's no joke George, We're there. I've been wanting to do one of these for a long time. And I need a GPS. We are going to take the jeep and the 4 runner and make it a Man against Man Race (sorry woMAN) It will be a blast. Mike

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hey George..what time were you at the cache? If you were there before the Morris' clan, then I would say it's a DNF! !

After, first I called home for a clue... no clue. Then I called back to see if mike had found it. I knew he had went for it and mary said that he had not logged it yet so I hope he had a DNF. I called mike, he said he found it but then explained what happend.

I'll hold of on the DNF for now. I think I have 10 times more DNF's than anyone else in the valley.

george

5867_200.gif

I will get that cache replaced tomorrow George. Actually, because of the new container I am using, it will probably be easier for the next finders. Sorry Ron and Morris clan! icon_smile.gif

Mike..I will check with my mom on the two extra kids issue and let you know what she says. icon_biggrin.gif

I can just picture Pat and Mike at the end of the rally...last place..or at least WAY behind us ladies...whining..moaning..wondering how they possibly could have lost to the women so miserably. Yes..what a nice picture that conjours up in my head!!!!!! icon_razz.gif

Did you all notice that the price goes up $100 if you pay after a certain date in November? I think it was the 30th but I can't be sure on that.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

I think that you have that one all wrong LuvOzzy. I sure that you and Carolyn will be calling Mike and Myself to come help you ladies out since you'll be lost. icon_biggrin.gif Mike and I will be kicking back enjoying the win, when our cell phone rings " Will you guy's come help us please". icon_razz.gif It's only a couple of month's away then we'll find out who the real victors will be. THE MEN icon_cool.gif

Just placed another cache last night. It's not approved quite yet, but here it is...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=33500

With the recent Ace O Sob story, I can't wait to hear if something funny happens at this one! Probably won't though; it's not all that busy here. But you never know!

Also the 14th is pretty much set for the BBQ. I will post an event cache probably tomorrow about it.

I've had offers to help - thank you! I just might take you up on it!! icon_smile.gif

Randy

....comes with old age...we lose control of our bodily functions !

Sometime ago you (George) made a comment about one of my caches you couldn't find and I made a deduction from something you said. I could be wrong of course.

Continue to find my caches and all will become clear to you and meanwhile I'll lay in a supply of eyedrops to take care of any future winks.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

There is a micro cache note on the web page, but I ended up making my own in various sizes.

http://www.geocaching.com/articles/cachedoc_micro.doc

If your printer is down, I can leave some in a cache for you to pick up. I'm going bike riding today. Can you make it to modesto so I can leave some in a cache for you?

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5867_200.gif

We start up at Mt. Eden on Monday, and combined football my geocaching activities are gonna be a little limited, so I can't make it out to Modesto any time soon. If you have a chance to find "Green Grizzly" just leave a few under a rock or something next to it, that would be a little easier for me. Thanks in advance!

KURTULEAS

Greetings,

This message is a few days late but I just found and reviewed this forum. I want to thank each of the local cachers for their kindness and understanding in my errorous day.

In reading the forum regarding my wrongefully lashing out on Jaimee's cache, I find everyone very kind in analyzing my message. The fact is that I had no right to say any of those words. Too bad I didn't read Jaimee's quote about walking in shoes before that day (but hind sight is 20/20).

I am very sorry for the damage and have done my best to correct/repair it. I wrote to Jaimee and Pat regarding this. Additionally, I hope that each of you will understand that I made a big mistake and extend my apology to you as well. I have great respect for each of you and hope to prove myself a better Cacher in the future. It was just a bike after all and CAN be replaced. But try to put a price on friendship.

Bill of Green Achers

Hey G.A. Dont worry about it. No one is perfect and we all get pissed off.I've had stuff stolen off my ranch so I know how mad it makes you. Keep on caching.

George, From reading that guys post I already know what his problem is, Ready-

1-He is a Hippi tree hugger

2-He's in the Army

Now you know as well as I do that the army is last in first out. If he wanted to be a Real man he would have joined the MARINES (or NAVY)

I almost forgot. Today my Jeep is getting some suspension work done to it. Pat is going to help me lift it, We are getting it ready for the Rally Race. George, did you send in your App. for the race yet. I cant wait. Is any other Central Valley cachers going to the race? Hope everone has a good weekend. Mike

Hey Bill...what a nice post. You are certainly a better person than I am! I appreciate your email and what we discussed..thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

George..you should find every single post that guy has made and respond to it!

Sigh....the BOYS are at it again. They are already looking for ways to improve the Jeep. That is perfectly understandable I guess because they DO need every advantage they can muster. Wouldn't it be a better world if men could just say 'Yes..women ARE the superior creatures." icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Carolyn..have you been practicing your over-the-shoulder, eat-my-dust wave??? I pretty much have it down now. I was thinking that we will only need to use it one time during the rally as we pass the boys and watch them pull out the Kleenex and dab their eyes. Remember this Carolyn....SHOW NO MERCY!!!! Even when they are on their knees begging and crying, just walk away...it might be hard to see them suffer so, but they will get over it. icon_razz.gif

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Now Jaimee, You know that Woman are the weaker sex, There is no way you guys are going to win. Wouldnt it be fun If we could get all the C.V.C. in on this race to prove once and for all that men are better. All the C.V.C. MEN vs all the C.V.C girls. Let the race begin! Mike

Hey G.A. thanks for the post, and all is well.

Mike- The girls are sure starting up alot of trash considering that they will be needing help just to get back to the Hotel after the event. The only people they will be using the over the shoulder wave on will be the judge at the starting line. icon_biggrin.gif We'll get the Jeep in prime shape for the rally.

GeoCrickets- Thanks for retrieving my sunglasses, I will get with you about picking them up. icon_cool.gif

George,

That's amazing that someone would just say that. I also, like you, check out lots of forums and give my $.02, and have never had someone make any comment like that. Most people appreciate an experienced viewpoint, that's why they post in the first place.

At least his reply wasn't TOO nasty. A little big-headed maybe. lol

GA,

Great post. I missed the whole thing and only got the edited versions when I got back into town. Any possibility you'll be at the BBQ? Just curious. I'd like to meet you.

See how Carolyn is being quiet?? She is just sitting back, taking note, and formulating her plan of attack! I am obviously the mouthpiece of the team! She is gonna sneak up and get them when they are totally not expecting it. icon_wink.gif

While the gentlemen are lifting a Jeep, I am gonna do what a woman is made to do....SHOP!! My daughter starts high school in another week icon_eek.gif so I have to take her shopping today for clothes, school supplies, quilting supplies, materials. Oh..wait..I guess she doesn't really need to go to the quilt shop..or does she??!!!

Have a fun day all!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

That's our point exactly. You are going to do what women are meant to do "shop" not enter rallies and expect to beat the men. You and Carolyn will probably get lost a quilt store during the rally and never make it to the finish line. icon_eek.gif

Getting lost at a quilt store....you make it sound like that's a bad thing!!! Hmmm...entry fee of $450 for a rally that we know we will win..or $450 at a quilt shop. That's a big ol' toss-up if you ask me!

By the way, I can go shop today because I am already prepared and confident for the rally and don't need to do any prep work! icon_wink.gif

Jaimee

Jaimee,

Can I go after your Ceres cache today? I have to go over to Turlock to get my son a trumpet. Yes I said a trumpet, needles to say the Crawford household will be full of beautiful music. I'm also going after Z/L's newest.

I hope I can mange to find Turlock, concidering that I will have to manage to do it without a big strong man to guide me. I am a little frightened by the task, but I will try to persevere. Afterall, shopping is one of my goals for the trip. icon_wink.gif

This rally is building up to be quite a battle of the sexes. I would like to point out an alternative outcome. While your two teams are fighting between each other George and I will sneak past you and claim the prize. Could be! icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

5867_200.gif

That's right, We will have to look out for George and Mary. Hey Kurt, your an off roader how about joining in on the rally. I have 31 inch tires on the jeep. Today we put a 1.5 inch shackle lift and I'm going to put a 2inch body lift on it next week. When I save up $1500.00 I'm going to change the leaf springs and convert it to a coil suspension. Question-When you change the shackles do you have to reajust the shocks? Mike

Sorry I didn't respond sooner Mary..I was out shopping alllll day and then came home and made dinner!

My newest Ceres cache is available again. I changed the container type, and it is in a slightly different spot now..same general location though.

Man..all that shopping wore me out! Off to lay down and read for a bit!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif