Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

I see 4, I already have them mapped out but I won't be able to head out that way tonight.. maybe tomorrow.

Too much going on... pools almost done, the new color coat for my house is friday, the electricians to move my power line is tomorrow, I'll be painting all the trim on the house tomorrow.... too busy.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Hey George

Is the new one you placed around here? We were going to head out to your fossil cache today, but we ran out of daylight. Hopefully we can try for that one after work one day this week.

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=29022

It's been aproved... you can go for it after finding a fossile.

george

5867_200.gif

I will get right on your new one...just after I hit Ron's in Utah and Nevada! icon_biggrin.gif

Be on the lookout for a new "Member's Only" cache. Since we found the latest one-time cache, I figured it would be only right to place the next one. There will be several stops involved before you reach the final destination..nothing really scenic..but this one will be mostly about the prize at the end. The first point has been placed, and I am trying to decide on the next. Hopefully I will get it all put together and posted before the weekend.

Have a good nite all!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

is not such a bad guy after all, he did his good deed for the day when he returned Speckles to me in the middle of his caching day. What a guy!

Tell Mary and the kids Pepper said hello and I have another fun one ready to place.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

Fossils is a fun cache,If your not a member I suggest you become one so you can do this cache,If you dont know how to hunt for fossils I'm sure you can pay George to show you, He just picks them off the ground. Hey the Dinner we had tonight should be posted as a dinner find icon_biggrin.gifIt was a geocaching dinner, Right! I had fun, Thanks, Mike

P.S. Pat,Jaimee and myself have fossils for SALE icon_wink.gifLOL

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

I was finding them left and right... I had to show everyone how it was done. I posted one of the photos I took of Pats rock on the hint section of the Fossil Find page. It only shows up if you choose 'cheat'. You can really see the veins of the leaf imprint.

Well hell, I'll just post it here.

27537_300.jpg

george

5867_200.gif

As Mike said, you should check out the fossil cache. It was really fun! People were driving by and looking at us like we were crazy. I am sure it was an odd site though; picture 6 adults and 4 kids wandering around with hammers and screwdrivers!

Thanks for the fun...it was a great time!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks George..I about wet my chair when I saw that picture! Pat was not near the computer, but he heard me screech in laughter and came to investigate. He too got a kick out of it.

Nice work..and thanks for the BIG ol' belly laugh I got out of it!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Thanks George..I about wet my chair when I saw that picture! Pat was not near the computer, but he heard me screech in laughter and came to investigate. He too got a kick out of it.

Nice work..and thanks for the BIG ol' belly laugh I got out of it!

Hey Jaime,

I heard there might be some incriminating photos of you and Ozzy together floating around on the internet...We'll see if we can find them to share with the rest of the gang.

Mary icon_biggrin.gif

5867_200.gif

H icon_eek.gifey George you could have at least posted the picture you took of me without my sunglasses on, I thought it was a much better photo. Jaimee says she wishes there was some incriminating photos of her with Ozzy.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

....catch me before the end of summer?

Now George, you know I'll never let you catch me !

You can bag YOUR #300 by September 1, but by then I'll be at 350 !

I think I went for a special cache when I went for #100, but I don't remember anything special at #200 and I think #300 will just be another cache. I like to grab 5 to 10 at a time anymore, but if something special comes along as a single hunt, I'll go for it.

My number 300 should surface this week.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Fattuhr:

H icon_eek.gifey George you could have at least posted the picture you took of me without my sunglasses on, I thought it was a much better photo. Jaimee says she wishes there was some incriminating photos of her with Ozzy.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

I don't think I have that many photos of you with or without sunglasses. I'll try to do better next time.

Mike,

have you ever heard of Photoshop? Really nice program... expensive.. but I don't think I've ever met anyone who's paid for it.

george

5867_200.gif

So Mike, if you want to go to the lake tomorrow, I'm up for it. I finished the painting that needed to be done right away. I still have more to paint, but it can wait.

Give me a call if you want to go. I'll be done with my radiation visit by 9:30 and then I'm free for the day.

892-1642

george

5867_200.gif

How can you talk about some really funny pics and keep the rest of us in the dark, I want a good laught too. So where do we outsiders see the pics, been looking for websites, need help.

Pepper

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 18, 2002 at 10:40 AM.]

Hey Pepper

There is a story behind the whole tick thing. Pat seems to have an affinity for attracting ticks when out caching. We were discussing this at the Geocaching dinner we had recently, and George made the suggestion that Pat should find a picture of "The Tick" character to use for his avatar, which Pat did. George then went on to say that Pat needed a Tick suit to cache in..so he made him one!

Never a dull moment with this bunch!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Cleared out the entire lake. Mike and I took his boat and we found them all. Those Livermore caches aren't hard to find, just hard to get too. Everyone of them was straight up the steepest part of the hill.

When going for Ker-splash Mike went straight up one side of the hill and I thought he was going to need a rope to rapel down. I went a round about way and found an alternate route to the cache. I figured there must have been another way up since Fizzy wasn't that cruel of a man.

Long day.

george

5867_200.gif

What a nice little lake this is, George and I took the boat out and got all the caches.About half way up a mountian I looked down a wondered how I got here. If I was to fall I would have droped a good ways. The funny thing about it was when I was just about to the top I looked up and who did I see, George, He said I found an easyer way. You can imagine what I thought. I was glad He did find an easyer way. I was worried about having to get back down. It was a fun Day, Thanks George, Looking forward to Saturday with the Givens Clan and the Crawford Clan in Monterey. Mike

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man...Landing is the 1st

Jaimee thanks for the info. So does the new tick suit really do the trick in keeping him tick free. I would say ya'll have to much fun in the valley.

Sure gets lonely caching all alone all by my little ole self!

Pepper icon_frown.gif

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 19, 2002 at 09:13 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Jaimee thanks for the info. So does the new tick suit really do the trick in keeping him tick free. I would say ya'll have to much fun in the valley.

Sure gets lonely caching all alone all by my little ole self!

Pepper icon_frown.gif

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on July 19, 2002 at 09:13 AM.]

Hey Pepper,

If you make out to the Valley picnic next weekend, you can probablly be dubbed an honorary valley cacher. But then you'd have to make it through the initiation.

george

5867_200.gif

Pat is still the tick magnet. It must be his scent or something that attracts them! icon_eek.gif I have only had one since beginning the caching stuff..knock on wood..and that was PLENTY for me. Nasty little critters..blech! icon_mad.gif

Anyone and everyone is invited to our BBQ. The more, the merrier. I am hoping it will be a nice day and not blistering hot!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

....LuvOzzy would luv to have you and yours come to the barbeque, but George is right too. You WILL have to pass the initiation to become a true valley cacher.

Part of the initiation is to at least look for (not necessarily find) the following caches:

Revenge Sweet Revenge

Dragonfly

George has his list too as do the others.Right guys?

Ron

Good idea guys! Here is my list of "must do" caches in order to be a TRUE CVC!

1. Dragonfly..this one MUST be done before you can move on to the next! icon_biggrin.gif

2. Underdog..a good one to see if you think outside the box!

3. Revenge..you must participate in the dueling rocks game!

4. Revenge, Sweet Revenge...see above icon_razz.gif

5. 27th Skunk..a must-do because of the extreme uniqueness of the cache placement!

That would be my list of valley caches to hit. There are lots more of great ones, but I think that the above caches will put one to the true test of worthiness! icon_cool.gif

Maybe we should design a logo and make some shirts for the Central Valley Cachers! I think Pat in his tick suit would make a really nice mascot! icon_wink.gif

Jaimee

Jaimee

Well it doesen't sound as bad as Collage initiaion... I already have a DNF for Revenge, and Revenge Sweet Revenge so that means i'm getting close. I'm planning a day of valley caches for either Saturday or Sunday so I will add Underdog and Dragonfly to the list. I think Dragonfly is on my way to Modesto. I have 27 Skunk on my list of to do's.

Next weekend I will be in Matica for a poker party but i'm not sure what day. I must check that if the two don't conflict I will post a note on the cache page letting ya know if I can come. I hope so, sure do want to meet you crazy folks.

Pepper

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

I think Dragonfly is on my way to Modesto. I have 27 Skunk on my list of to do's.

Pepper

Dragonfly is over by La Grange but it's considerably harder now then when we did it.

I wasn't talking about initiation caches though... mine involved a paddle, a sheep, and a big bowl of jello.

george

5867_200.gif

....I heard about that paddle from your students...I thought that was an English public school gimmick, but guess we will have to add it to SOME geocachers peculiarities also.

Pepper...

LO and I forgot to add that should you NOT find the initiation caches you have to post a frowny face and face public humiliation. BUT...and this is the good part...you get at least 3 tries at Dragonfly before you have to admit defeat. Other caches are at varying levels....RSR is also a three try cache.

Ron

I will have jello at the BBQ! I am addicted to Jigglers and make them for any and every event we have! icon_biggrin.gif

Sheep...there are about 25-30 right across the street. I am sure the owner wouldn't mind if you bothered them for a bit George. icon_wink.gif

Keep in mind..this IS a family event though!!! icon_razz.gif

Pepper..our BBQ isn't beginning until late in the afternoon. If you have the poker party the same day, maybe you can at least swing by to say "hello" to all the weirdos around here. I will point out to you which ones you should avoid vehemently and which ones are relatively harmless. icon_eek.gif

Well, back to work on my research paper. Tell me, is there anything more exciting in the world than a human communications class???? AHHHHHHHH icon_mad.gif

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Mike, here are some of the links you asked about.

Decon Container link

http://www2.rangersurplus.com/long.asp?tgs=342183:6633576&cart_id=&item_id=1648

California Cacher stats

http://www.insidecorner.com/geocaching/stats/states.cgi?country=United%20States&state=California

World Stats...

http://www.m.kth.se/m95_bef/geo/worldmain.htm

george

5867_200.gif

......you're it!

Grabbed the cache today in the Elk Grove area and will be placing it soon. Thanks to LO/F for placing it ....AND... for placing the Mosquito cache which I also bagged today.

Additionally, I placed a cache ... when it's approved, check out.....3 Strikes...You're Out !

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?id=29599&IID=25924

Ron

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on July 20, 2002 at 09:11 PM.]

What a day that was! The Morris' met us here at our house at about 8 this morning, and we just got home about 10 minutes ago..about 10:45. We ended up finding 10 caches, having a nice lunch, and having lots of fun in general.

Thanks to all who went for a really enjoyable day!

To those who were here in the 100-degree weather, get this...I wore a sweatshirt for most of the day today!!! YES...nice, nice, nice weather in Monterey!

Off to log a few if I can keep my eyes open long enough!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

Ron, Ron, Ron!!! You better get busy if you want to stay ahead of George!! I might advise bagging lots of locationless caches as an easy way to keep a step or two ahead of George!! icon_biggrin.gif

Does anyone have any ideas for games for the BBQ? We have one caching game planned..won't be anything real challenging..just more for fun. I figured we don't have to fill the day with activities; it can be more of a relaxing, hang-out-and-visit kinda day!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

.....short day for me yesterday.

2 finds

1 hide

Guess I have a life other than geocaching !

Ron

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Ron hears the foot steps coming up behind him. Now he's trying mental tricks to disuade me.

Did anyone mention, that I bagged 3 loctionless with one photo yesterday? It's not like I'm activily searching for these. They just fall down in front of me.

george

5867_200.gif

Behind me is the keyword George ! I've heard them before, perhaps not as close, but I've heard them.

LO....locationless....I've got a few; not too difficult to bag some more, a la George.

And even if George does catch up to me (doubtful) the further question is, when does the race end? The runners ebb and flow until the finish line.

Ron (bagging 50 this week)

.....There are still plenty in the Sac area (if you include all the towns around...Folsom, Rocklin, etc. And of course the bay area has a bunch too. I hate the traffic there though.

The day I got the 5 at Shadow Cliffs, I got another five down through the Modesto area. I think that was a 200 plus round trip. So, a little driving can get involved, but lots of people do that...makes for a long day sometimes, but I have the time and the inclination (at least sometimes I have the inclination).

Ron

First, don't diss Central Valley people. Some guy on another thread insulted George. I enjoyed ripping him a new one.

Second, I was first to find the new cache at Patterson Pass. It had been there 2 days. What is wrong with you Central Valley people? Don't you have any initiative?

icon_cool.gif

I used to have some of that...not sure what happened to it! Does anyone have some I could borrow or even buy?? icon_biggrin.gif

Where did someone insult George?? I would like to see that thread!

Only 5 more days until the Central Valley Cachers BBQ. Just think..all the valley folk in one place at one time yet again. Scary, huh??? icon_smile.gif

Have a good day!

Jaimee icon_cool.gif