Formatting error in new layout

G0ldNugget

I like the new layout of the AL app. Its cleaner and easier to read and understand. I've found one bug however. The last line of text in some of the descriptions is blocked by the Answer section. There is an easy workaround which is to edit the text and add blank space under the last line text until the bug is fixed. (Just hit enter and add an extra break at the end.)

20211210_131918.jpg

Edited by G0ldNugget
2 hours ago, G0ldNugget said:

I like the new layout of the AL app. Its cleaner and easier to read and understand. I've found one bug however. The last line of text in some of the descriptions is blocked by the Answer section. There is an easy workaround which is to edit the text and add blank space under the last line text until the bug is fixed. (Just hit enter and add an extra break at the end.)

20211210_131918.jpg

Page 2, half-way down:

Many of us can see ALL of the text after scrolling. Some cannot see the end of the text.

2 hours ago, G0ldNugget said:

20211210_131918.jpg

For example I can see the entire text that's truncated in your screenshot.

Screenshot_20211210-163714.png

40 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

As discussed in the Release Notes thread, whether you see all the text or not depends on a combination of the phone's screen size and font setting.

I don't think so. This is a formatting bug that is fixed with adding an extra space below the last line of text. I can reproduce the error in any AL that the CO did not hit enter at the end of the last entry. All other descriptions display fine.

Note: This is on an Android phone.

Edited by G0ldNugget
8 minutes ago, G0ldNugget said:

fixed the text in my AL using the technique I described. (Adding an extra empty line under the last entry.) Heres an example of an AL that isn't fixed and most of these locations have this bug. 

Grass Valley Mining

Can you check that link again please? The locations don't match what is shown. I just wanted to take a look. Thanks.

Well, I give up. I've got a decent sized phone and I'm using the default text and size. (Galaxy S9). Although the text is larger in my screen shot, it should lay out legibly regardless of your font size. I noticed the bug yesterday in some of the descriptions while doing an AL. It was my first time using the new layout. When I checked my own AL, I noticed the same problem and fixed it using the method I described.

It might be helpful to know that your descriptions may display this way on some phones and remember to add an extra space below the last line.

• Upvote 1