BC Floods (and so on)

Mysterion604

With the flooding events that have taken place recently (and the fire before that), I thought I would ask if those who have caches placed in areas that may have been overrun by disasters are planning to disable them as unreachable or otherwise maintain or archive them?

I have no agenda here, but I am curious if there's some official procedure that people follow, like "cachers should consider these disabled/gone until the owners check them / CO's should disable caches that may be in danger areas to discourage risky attempts to find them".

1 minute ago, mysterion604 said:

With the flooding events that have taken place recently (and the fire before that), I thought I would ask if those who have caches placed in areas that may have been overrun by disasters are planning to disable them as unreachable or otherwise maintain or archive them?

I have no agenda here, but I am curious if there's some official procedure that people follow, like "cachers should consider these disabled/gone until the owners check them / CO's should disable caches that may be in danger areas to discourage risky attempts to find them".

I've seen a reviewer mass disable caches in areas such as you describe. If I remember correctly the instructions are that after the cache owner checks on them they can be enabled. 

9 hours ago, mysterion604 said:

I know that the Gold Country Tourism (GeoTour organizers) are usually on top of this for their 150+ caches. It's certainly a nice to do, but because the roads into and out of the area are super limited, hopefully common sense will prevail until the CO's can figure out if their caches are inaccessible or may have washed away.