Custom background image on an Oregon 700?

Finally replaced my old and senile 450 with a 700 (which will join my 600 that I've been using for several years). Not being a fan of the preset 'activity mode' screens, I opted to use the 'classic mode' instead. I've been trying to find a way to get a custom background (wallpaper, if you will) to replace the annoying plain white background on classic mode. I've saved one of the images from my 600 and pasted it into the 'profiles' folder on the 700, but no joy. Has anyone had success with this and, if so, where did you put the image file? Tnx!!

1 hour ago, Zero Montana said:

Finally replaced my old and senile 450 with a 700 (which will join my 600 that I've been using for several years). Not being a fan of the preset 'activity mode' screens, I opted to use the 'classic mode' instead. I've been trying to find a way to get a custom background (wallpaper, if you will) to replace the annoying plain white background on classic mode. I've saved one of the images from my 600 and pasted it into the 'profiles' folder on the 700, but no joy. Has anyone had success with this and, if so, where did you put the image file? Tnx!!

The backgrounds work a little differently than the ones on the 450.  Now there are day and night backgrounds in both portrait and landscape mode.  Best case scenario, custom backgrounds would need to be bright (for day) and dark (for night) images, so the text will still be readable as the day/night mode changes.

All of the profiles refer to the same "default.jpg" image for day/night and portrait/landscape.  Which somewhat makes sense because all Activities have the same solid white or black backgrounds.  But I haven't found any images on my 700.  So I don't know where the file resides.  I placed one of my Oregon 650 backgrounds into the Profile folder and renamed the image to "default.jpg".  No change.

1 minute ago, Zero Montana said:

Tnx. Sounds like you've been down that road yourself -and came to the same dead end ;).

Perhaps it's just not meant to be.

On my 550 and 650, I edited my name and phone number into the margin of my background. 

This latest model must have plain white and black "default.jpg" images someplace, but temporarily generated by the system maybe?