Huawei P40 5G lite - cant open geocaching apps

Big Nick_za

Good day fellow Geocachers, ill get right to the point, i always had a iPhone but these have become very expensive devices. I subsequently bought a Huawei P40 5G lite, but was not told that it does not work with any google apps. so all the maps on the Geo apps don't work thus i cant geocache anymore! it has an Android version 10, EMUI Version 10.1.1 operating system. 

has anyone been able to fix this or have a work around? i have a "fake" google maps that works on the phone but obviously the Geo Apps don't talk to it?

Screenshot_20211123_104721_com.groundspeak.geocaching.intro.jpg

17 hours ago, Big Nick_za said:

Good day fellow Geocachers, ill get right to the point, i always had a iPhone but these have become very expensive devices. I subsequently bought a Huawei P40 5G lite, but was not told that it does not work with any google apps. so all the maps on the Geo apps don't work thus i cant geocache anymore! it has an Android version 10, EMUI Version 10.1.1 operating system. 

has anyone been able to fix this or have a work around? i have a "fake" google maps that works on the phone but obviously the Geo Apps don't talk to it?

Screenshot_20211123_104721_com.groundspeak.geocaching.intro.jpg

If you search the forum for Huawei  you'll see quite a few discussions about your issue. 

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/348404-geocache-app-not-working-on-huwaei-phones/

18 hours ago, Big Nick_za said:

Good day fellow Geocachers, ill get right to the point, i always had a iPhone but these have become very expensive devices.

That depends on the iphone.  When iphone 11 came out, I bought a like new iPhone 8 on eBay for about 1/5th the cost of the latest model.  I then retired my iPhone 5s which I bought on the same plan a few years ago, and I use it as my car music player.