What Geocaching Attribute are you?

Max and 99

Take the quiz.

When you go geocaching, it’s essential to know what kind of adventure lies ahead. Geocache owners can choose from more than 90 attributes to help other geocachers know whether the cache is wheelchair accessible, may require climbing gear, or many other possibilities.

Geocaches and geocachers come in all forms, so we were wondering, could attributes describe people, too? We created a 10-question quiz that will tell you precisely which attribute fits best with your unique geocaching personality. 

What geocaching attribute are you?

Edited by Max and 99
18 minutes ago, Ambrosia said:

I had problems with some of the questions, however, as some of them didn't apply to me at all. 

Yeah, that's often the case with these "What XYZZY Are You?" quizzes. They come up with the results they want, and then come up with questions that match their results. They never think about what answers people might actually have to their questions.

• Upvote 1

Odd, I can't connect to that site; my DNS provider has no record for it, though 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 do.  I can't connect directly via IP address because it seems to be a DDOS prevention gateway like Cloudfare.  EDIT: did a little geeking: my VPN provider considers opinionstage.com a SPAM (or somehow bad) site.

Anyway, I knew the answer before I even read past the title of the thread:

4 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

image.png.0cc74deeab6f06f26c869a77006f72e5.png

Edited by Viajero Perdido
1 hour ago, Ambrosia said:

I'm 24/7. :P

I had problems with some of the questions, however, as some of them didn't apply to me at all. 

I got the same, 24/7 (which I don't think applies to me, really).  But some of the later questions didn't fit, no good answer, so I just chose whatever.  

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

I thought I'd be "significant hike", since I won't do any caches that are close enough to see your vehicle.

From the lookout near GC6DMQB I could see my car sitting on the side of the road. As the crow flies it was 3km away but I still had another 14km of hiking ahead of me to reach it.

DSC_0014.jpg.0cede7dbaf480bd92d54751bdd1e6c42.jpg

So yeah, I guess I'd consider that cache to be a park-and-grab.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Funny 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

I'm 24/7. :P

It wasn't the questions so much as the answers.  None of the animals fit me, nor what I want at GZ, for examples.

I wonder if 24/7 is the default if nothing else fits...

• Upvote 3

I got the 'takes less than 1hr' attribute..... Funny I do remember seeking out 'doesn't take less than 1hr' attribute caches to qualify for a challenge (GC752YF) a little while ago.....

but we did find 100 P&G's only a few weeks back, so maybe a fair call!

Edited by lee737
  • Funny 1
7 hours ago, lee737 said:

I got the 'takes less than 1hr' attribute

Same here. I think that's what happens when your responses fit a pattern of finding caches where you're already going, rather than going places to seek caches.

Plus certain answers to the questions where NOTA was most appropriate...

24/7? Booooring.

Also, not super accurate for me, because I don't do well at caching at night.

(Not that I'm much better at doing it in daylight. I just see better then.)

Were I to pick one, I'd say thorns present, because I can be prickly at times. Especially when I DNF something that should be easy.

Edited by hzoi
  • Funny 1