Help! Received World of Warcraft promotion trackable, unsure how to properly set it up.

black_cat1

I was selected to receive one of the World of Warcraft Promotion trackables, but I'm unsure how to set it up properly. Others all seem to have a copy-paste description, but I can't seem to find where they've taken it from. I'm also unsure of if I should attach something to the tag or not. Does anyone else know how these work?

11 minutes ago, black_cat1 said:

I was selected to receive one of the World of Warcraft Promotion trackables, but I'm unsure how to set it up properly. Others all seem to have a copy-paste description, but I can't seem to find where they've taken it from. I'm also unsure of if I should attach something to the tag or not. Does anyone else know how these work?

Did your notification come with any instructions? I don't think you should attach it to anything unless it's WoW related. 

37 minutes ago, black_cat1 said:

Have you read the geocaching blurb about the promotion? Does it have any of the text you're seeing on the other travel bug pages?

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promotions/wowboardgame?id=8

1 hour ago, black_cat1 said:

Others all seem to have a copy-paste description, but I can't seem to find where they've taken it from.

If I remember correctly, when I've received promo trackables and activated them, the trackable page had the boilerplate (copy/paste) text already on the page, and I could add my own personal TB story.  I had to take photos, and hashtag them on my Instagram and/or post to geocaching's blog page when I released it.  The email confirmation that you would receive a TB should have contained instructions...it seems this promo has more responsibility on the finders.

Have you activated it yet?  

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

If I remember correctly, when I've received promo trackables and activated them, the trackable page had the boilerplate (copy/paste) text already on the page, and I could add my own personal TB story.  I had to take photos, and hashtag them on my Instagram and/or post to geocaching's blog page when I released it.  The email confirmation that you would receive a TB should have contained instructions...it seems this promo has more responsibility on the finders.

Have you activated it yet?  

I have activated it, but I have not finished or published the page. All that automatically got filled in was the name. The email only gave vague instructions...no mention of a copy/paste thing. I am going to reach out to someone else who received the same one and ask them about it as well.

image.png.e5cbaad5aeb8aa501d15c525deab563c.png

None of the links bring me to what I need.

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Did your notification come with any instructions? I don't think you should attach it to anything unless it's WoW related. 

See the picture above ^^

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Have you read the geocaching blurb about the promotion? Does it have any of the text you're seeing on the other travel bug pages?

https://www.geocaching.com/play/promotions/wowboardgame?id=8

It has similar text....this is another one of the same type: https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=8897597