Geocaching Placement Permits (Private, State, Or Park land)

C0nn

Recently I was looking around to try and find a universal cache permit because I was hiding a cache on private property, after searching I couldn't find any, SO  I decided to make one!

I'm hoping this helps other hiders in some way if they need permission to hide caches and etc. This is my universal version, and its not officially complete, but it should do the job! 

Unfortunately, You cant attach PDF's directly, so I'm attaching a Mega NZ File Link.

Download the PDF HERE 

Hope this helps in some way

Ill also update the permit every once and awhile to fit other categories like winter only, find restrictions, etc.

Pretty sure this is the right topic to post this in, correct me if I'm wrong please 

Edited by C0nn

I guess it could be useful in some instances but I really can't think of a time that I would have needed it. Entities like state parks sometimes have their own forms for a hider to fill out but not the other way around. For the most part, verbal permission from the head honcho of the property usually suffices.

Didn't look at the pdf but I'm guessing there's a spot for the the person giving the permission to sign. I'm just wondering if that person would be more hesitant to give permission if they had to ink in their signature on a form presented to them from an individual? 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Mudfrog said:

I guess it could be useful in some instances but I really can't think of a time that I would have needed it. Entities like state parks sometimes have their own forms for a hider to fill out but not the other way around. For the most part, verbal permission from the head honcho of the property usually suffices.

Didn't look at the pdf but I'm guessing there's a spot for the the person giving the permission to sign. I'm just wondering if that person would be more hesitant to give permission if they had to ink in their signature on a form presented to them from an individual? 

Yeah that was one of my main thoughts, I made my original one because the place I was hiding it at doesn't have a form (it was near a school), I had already gotten verbal approval but Incase the community reviewers needed a form for whatever reason.  I added a note about that on the pdf also. I didn't think about that last part though, probably should've considered that, although it isn't legally binding and its just to show that the property owner approved it

ae73a205c2d7ad3461b35027dee61184.png

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
On 11/4/2021 at 10:32 AM, C0nn said:

Recently I was looking around to try and find a universal cache permit because I was hiding a cache on private property, after searching I couldn't find any, SO  I decided to make one!

Sounds like a good idea.  We meet landowners personally, it's less chance of them just turning away. Most have their own paperwork.

We agree to things at that time, or in case of a township, need to attend a meeting if they don't have a parks manager.

Most townships here, it's a verbal agreement, and we'd stop in every four years after elections to see if we're still good.  :)

We know for fact that if any of the verbal-only agreements had to sign something, they wouldn't agree.  That liability thing... 

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1

Army Corp of Engineers has their own form you need to fill out and send in. You will also have to educate the local office folks as they typically have no clue (at least in my experience). As others have said most big cities have their own form and the smaller ones are hit or miss.  Google is often your friend.

On private land I would get verbal first and only break out the form is they wanted something more concrete.