Feed back from bay area Geocachers

johnnyb5

I have a hobby of making walking sticks and wanted to get some feedback on an Idea I have,

I was thinking of placing some one time, first to find walking stick caches around the bay area. Would any of you have interest in finding a cache like this?

Let me know

icon_smile.gif

I've never actually thought of selling them, before I discovered geocaching i used to just leave them along side a trail from time to time with a note telling whom ever found it to enjoy.

I think for now gonna keep it a ftf for now

But then again im always up for a good barter now and again.

quote:
I was thinking of placing some one time, first to find walking stick caches around the bay area. Would any of you have interest in finding a cache like this?

Oh, yeah! I'd be going after it! Walking sticks are especially useful for geocachers around here this time of year to poke around in holes that might contain snakes. icon_eek.gif

Hi pepper,

still not sure if I will be able to make it to the picnic yet. but i do have a pic of the stick I recently made that im gonna leave as a FTF cache, (in the next week or so) im not sure how to paste a pic in a post yet so if you would like, email me and i will send you the pic. Most of the sticks i make are pretty basic for the most part. I prefer more functional sticks as apposed to decrotive ones. Although I do on occasion make those to.

Johnny

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyb5:

Hi pepper,

still not sure if I will be able to make it to the picnic yet. but i do have a pic of the stick I recently made that im gonna leave as a FTF cache, (in the next week or so)

Johnny

Make sure to post a note once the cache has been placed... I'd like to try to beat some of the bay cachers to the spot.. Even though they would have an advantage over me in driving time.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

Make sure to post a note once the cache has been placed... I'd like to try to beat some of the bay cachers to the spot.. Even though they would have an advantage over me in driving time.

george

You make me laugh George I am ready to meet you.

Pepper

Horizontals where it's at!

We recently bought a pair of Leki trekking poles which we put to good use this weekend doing this cache: Santa's Sleigh Crash Cache (near Lake Tahoe). Going up and down the granite staircase getting to the cache area, Andrew (the other half of Team Dralasites) escaped many a twisted ankle by using the poles for support and balance. I borrowed the poles when we got to the cache area, and they helped me get to places I wouldn't have been able to get to otherwise. We found that the tips even grip rock pretty well. We like them a lot!

Yes indeed it was an Enchanted Forest and I will be going back. As far as being FTF, yes it was I gentlemen. As far as the walking stick goes it's still there waiting to be taken as Third Prize, and it is very nice. JohnnyB how ya gonna top that fun cache.

Pepper

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

Yes indeed it was an Enchanted Forest and I will be going back. As far as being FTF, yes it was I gentlemen. As far as the walking stick goes it's still there waiting to be taken as Third Prize, and it is very nice. JohnnyB how ya gonna top that fun cache.

Pepper

Yes indeed she beat me to it. You can read my write up on the cache page. I had planned on doing 3 or 4 more caches in that park but I only found one other. The hikes are quite steep and I made the mistake of wearing cotton socks today. Not good for hiking. The tree cover really screwed with my GPS today. I'm tempted to shop for ones with external detachable antennas.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

[This message was edited by georgeandmary on June 20, 2002 at 11:04 AM.]