Adventure Lab marked as completed, but there's still one stage left

Freilica

Hi everyone!

Two days ago I realized that trying to finish an Adventure Lab which has a stage that I haven't visited yet and, for some reason, it is marked as completed. 

In fact, I can register and send a log of the adventure, but when I go to the stage menu, it appears that I have completed 4 of 5, and the stage that I haven't still done is marked as orange (if it's done, it's ticked).

The problem is... anyone knows how to solve this problem? Because the app doesn't allow me to do this last stage, although it is clear that I haven't done it.

And I have another problem related to that... Trying to solve this, I deleted one stage as done in Geocaching webpage, but... in the Adventure Lab app didn't change anything, although the total number of caches done decreased by one.

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Freilica said:

And I have another problem related to that... Trying to solve this, I deleted one stage as done in Geocaching webpage, but... in the Adventure Lab app didn't change anything, although the total number of caches done decreased by one.

Thanks!

That's how it works, and that's what it states in the Adventure Lab guidelines. You cannot delete anything in the app.

54 minutes ago, Freilica said:

Two days ago I realized that trying to finish an Adventure Lab which has a stage that I haven't visited yet and, for some reason, it is marked as completed. 

In fact, I can register and send a log of the adventure, but when I go to the stage menu, it appears that I have completed 4 of 5, and the stage that I haven't still done is marked as orange (if it's done, it's ticked).

The problem is... anyone knows how to solve this problem? Because the app doesn't allow me to do this last stage, although it is clear that I haven't done it.

I'm trying to follow along. It's orange, but won't allow you to answer the question?

I know it's highly unlikely, but was anything changed since the app started, regarding this one orange location?

Edited by Max and 99

I had the same problem last week. Already after the first stage of a five-stages Adventure Lab, it was displayed as completed and the possibility to write a log entry was opened.

With another ALC I have the problem that I have completed all stages, but no possibility to write a log entry. This ALC is shown as not completed. I have not seen a way to change this. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

7 minutes ago, pipatah said:

I had the same problem last week. Already after the first stage of a five-stages Adventure Lab, it was displayed as completed and the possibility to write a log entry was opened.

With another ALC I have the problem that I have completed all stages, but no possibility to write a log entry. This ALC is shown as not completed. I have not seen a way to change this. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Very strange behavior! I had my own issues with the AL, reported a couple of weeks ago. My logs on the AL kept disappearing!

37 minutes ago, pipatah said:

Thanks a lot.

Out of curiosity, was your phone used by someone else to complete the AL?

When this happened to me last week, I was having connectivity problems: I was answering questions correctly, but then the answer couldn't be logged to the net because I couldn't get to the net. I completed 2 out of 10 stages completely, and 2 of the others I'd correctly entered the answer but the answers had not yet logged to the net. The rest I hadn't visited at all. Since I was out of touch, I had to reload the adventure several times because whereyougo would time out while I was out of touch, so after I was back in contact with the web, I had to load it again. Eventually the system decided I had completed the entire adventure. If I loaded the adventure, I couldn't resume the adventure because that button said "completed". But when I went back to the map of the adventure stages, the correct stages were marked completed while the others were still marked as the original red dots, including the ones that had been answered but not logged.

I managed to complete the adventure -- and get to the point of it asking me to enter the log/rating -- by forcible choosing the node to look at. That actually had an odd quirk I had to deal with: I couldn't just select the node I wanted to look at because that didn't bring up the "view details" bar. I had to select it, then *deselect* it by selecting somewhere else on the map, then select it again. Only then would the "view details" bar come up, and when I went to the details, I got the normal behavior, including immediately being able to answer the question if I'd already been at the location, but I still had to "get closer" to the nodes I hadn't visited yet.

Once I worked all that out, I managed to answer the questions that hadn't been logged and then went on to the other locations and find the answers and enter them. When I *actually completed all 10 stages, I got the normal "completed" screen and could enter my final log.

12 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

That's how it works, and that's what it states in the Adventure Lab guidelines. You cannot delete anything in the app.

I'm trying to follow along. It's orange, but won't allow you to answer the question?

I know it's highly unlikely, but was anything changed since the app started, regarding this one orange location?

But it is supposed if I delete one stage of the AL, it will be shown as not completed in the app as well, no?

Because it's still displayed in the AL menu the 4 stages that I did as completed, even the one that I did.

Anyway, since I can write the log, I cannot answer the question of the last stage, since when I went there, there were no option to answer.

And no, everything is fine about the location. In fact, I went there with a Geocacher fellow and she could answered with no problem.

I attached some screenshots showing this behaviour.

IMG_20211025_093139.jpg

IMG_20211025_093105.jpg

49 minutes ago, dprovan said:

When this happened to me last week, I was having connectivity problems: I was answering questions correctly, but then the answer couldn't be logged to the net because I couldn't get to the net. I completed 2 out of 10 stages completely, and 2 of the others I'd correctly entered the answer but the answers had not yet logged to the net. The rest I hadn't visited at all. Since I was out of touch, I had to reload the adventure several times because whereyougo would time out while I was out of touch, so after I was back in contact with the web, I had to load it again. Eventually the system decided I had completed the entire adventure. If I loaded the adventure, I couldn't resume the adventure because that button said "completed". But when I went back to the map of the adventure stages, the correct stages were marked completed while the others were still marked as the original red dots, including the ones that had been answered but not logged.

I managed to complete the adventure -- and get to the point of it asking me to enter the log/rating -- by forcible choosing the node to look at. That actually had an odd quirk I had to deal with: I couldn't just select the node I wanted to look at because that didn't bring up the "view details" bar. I had to select it, then *deselect* it by selecting somewhere else on the map, then select it again. Only then would the "view details" bar come up, and when I went to the details, I got the normal behavior, including immediately being able to answer the question if I'd already been at the location, but I still had to "get closer" to the nodes I hadn't visited yet.

Once I worked all that out, I managed to answer the questions that hadn't been logged and then went on to the other locations and find the answers and enter them. When I *actually completed all 10 stages, I got the normal "completed" screen and could enter my final log.

I would try it, but in my case, the app doesn't allow me to do that, even coming back to the Map (as the screenshot shows in my previous message). 

I will try to contact someone of support, I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Freilica said:

But it is supposed if I delete one stage of the AL, it will be shown as not completed in the app as well, no?

Because it's still displayed in the AL menu the 4 stages that I did as completed, even the one that I did.

No, "deleting" stage finds on the website actually doesn't delete anything, it just hides those stages on the website and removes them from your geocache find count and statistics. They can be "deleted" and "undeleted" to your heart's content without changing your completion status in the actual AL. From the Help Centre:

Delete an Adventure Lab® find 

• From the Geocaches tab on your Geocaching.com Public Profile, select Lab Cache.
  • Select the trash can next to the Lab Cache you want to delete.

Note: Deleting a find for an Adventure decreases your find count on Geocaching.com but does not remove the find from the Adventure Lab app. It is currently not possible to remove a find from the Adventure Lab app.

Restore an Adventure Lab® find

• Visit your Lab Caches log page
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page
  • Select Show Deleted Logs
  • Select Undelete on the applicable logs

Note: Restoring an Adventure Lab find will increase your find count.

I think it would be better if they called those actions "Hide" and "Show" rather than "Delete" and "Undelete" because that's really all they're doing.

• Helpful 4
16 hours ago, Freilica said:

I would try it, but in my case, the app doesn't allow me to do that, even coming back to the Map (as the screenshot shows in my previous message). 

I will try to contact someone of support, I'm afraid.

Ah, yes, that map looks like exactly what I saw, so I really think you can do what I did. I explicitly touched the orange dot since "resume" isn't available. When I did that, it turned red -- i.e., the normal selection signal -- but nothing else happened. *Then* I clicked *outside* the red dot to "deselect" it: it turned orange again. Then when I selected it *again*, a second time, the normal title/distance banner came up and I could select "view details" to proceed normally to the description and pick either "get closer" or "answer" depending on whether I'd been to the location while whereyougo was active on the adventure. I was really lucky to notice what was going on, in particular noticing that I was accidentally deselecting the stage when I was repeatedly stabbing at it with my finger, but once I worked it out, that select/deselect/select song and dance worked reliably so I could finish the adventure.

Not that I want to discourage you from talking to someone so they can see and fix the problem. :-)

On 10/24/2021 at 12:24 PM, pipatah said:

@pipatah Are you able to share screenshots of either of these Adventures, and what mobile device you are on (iOS? Android?)? If you have not yet updated the app version, can you please let me know which app version this happened on? (The version information from the app can be found by selecting the Profile tab in the lower right corner). Many thanks.

Edited by ktaylor211
details

I use the app-version 1.3.12; build:2426 with an android device.

The completed ALC, that is shown as uncompleted and where I'm not able to write a log entry is "Der Südpark" in Munich:

1434426010_Screenshot_20211109-231248_Adventure_Lab1.thumb.jpg.663db506261e8746f7a06b8d7869b793.jpg858013092_Screenshot_20211109-224646_Adventure_Lab1.thumb.jpg.dc75270d243ac5eb72dac182e345bf32.jpg223942918_Screenshot_20211109-224448_Adventure_Lab1.thumb.jpg.7b1dd2776769351379a3ac79f3e035c1.jpg

The ALC, that is shown as "completed, although I've visited only  one stage, is "Paderborns Graffiti Suche":

1617034006_Screenshot_20211109-234615_Adventure_Lab1.thumb.jpg.bd3e06861dbd28b4670c19ff3abc45df.jpg

Screenshot_20211109-234706_Adventure_Lab[1].jpg

Edited by pipatah