The colours of Fall

ScroogieII

Off topic, I know, but I'd really like to see some pix of the truly great fall colours that those in the east (of North America - or anywhere else, for that matter) are treated to every fall. Here, for the most part, the leaves turn to yellow or a faded orange, with little exception. Not really suitable for framing. Example, the trees I see from my windows:

767220462_ZZTrees10-21-01.thumb.JPG.d444cd228bfd33cad34a73c408af9503.JPG

I know, though, of the brilliant reds and oranges that can be seen in other lands, even other provinces. So, if you have, or can get, beautiful pix of your local fall landscapes I invite you to post them here, for all of us to enjoy.

Here's a pic of the Aspen trees in the hills in my area:

1622051010_ZZTrees10-21-02.thumb.JPG.ae99f41e767240224e217cf1749c1452.JPG

So get out there with your cameras and phones and share your hometown vistas with us!!!

After all, what else did you have planned for today? :rolleyes:

Keith

• Love 1

We have two seasons where I live. Hot, dry summer and wet, mild winters. Still in the 80s F this week, so winter/fall hasn't really set in yet. Most of the trees never change colors in Southern California. One of the reasons why I enjoy the east coast so much is that they actually have a proper four seasons.

A few years back I visited the USA and Canada to see autumn. Loved it. I didn't book any accommodation, except for stopovers and arrivals and departures. The rest of the accommodation I found as I 'chased' the colours over Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, British Columbia and Québec. Here are some of my holiday pictures. Well worth the trip.

695304979_AutumnWhiteMtsNH5.thumb.jpg.c9394e22186755d05283c2cdef997dcc.jpg 

Autumn White Mts NH 6.jpg 

Autumn leaves 2.jpg 

Autumn blueberries 8.jpg 

Autumn blueberries 6 low rez.jpg 

Acadia National Park 8.jpg

912331794_Houseonnearbylake.thumb.jpg.e07c0dfc28c56ccaeb019e03b2cdda0f.jpg

Acadia National Park _Thuya Garden.jpg

Edited by Goldenwattle
  • Helpful 1