App doesn't show all caches

MonsieurVélo

@MonsieurVélo Thank you for the screenshots. I am assuming that you took these from two different phones or from two different versions of the app.

Can you please provide the following information;

• On the first screenshot, which Adventure Lab® app version is being used?
    • version information from the app can be found by selecting the More tab in the lower right corner, scroll to the bottom, then select Version info
  • On the first screenshot, what phone operating system is being used? (example: iOS 12.5.5)
  • On the second screenshot, which Adventure Lab® app version is being used?
  • On the second screenshot, what phone operating system is being used? (example: iOS 12.5.5)
19 hours ago, ktaylor211 said:

@MonsieurVélo Thank you for the screenshots. I am assuming that you took these from two different phones or from two different versions of the app.

Can you please provide the following information;

• Version 1.3.10, build 2371
  • On the first screenshot, what phone operating system is being used?
    • Android 10 on an Huawei Mate 20 Pro (EMUI-Version 11.0.0)
    • 1.3.10; build 2371
  • On the second screenshot, what phone operating system is being used?
    • Android 11 on a Galaxy A32 5G

You were right, the screenshots are from two different phones (and from two different accounts, too). What I noticed is that an old profile picture is shown. As if the app's data is not up to date.

• Funny 1
2 hours ago, MonsieurVélo said:

an old profile picture is shown

Interesting. Can you clarify, is the old profile picture the 1st screenshot? 
This information will still be helpful:

• Version 1.3.10, build 2371
  • On the first screenshot, what phone operating system is being used?
    • Android 10 on an Huawei Mate 20 Pro (EMUI-Version 11.0.0)
    • 1.3.10; build 2371
  • On the second screenshot, what phone operating system is being used?
    • Android 11 on a Galaxy A32 5G
18 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Have you even tried logging out then back in to see if that fixes the problem?

After your tip I logged myself out. After that I saw all available lab caches (just as in the second screenshot). But as soon as I logged back into my account, I only saw one cache. But now my profile picture is up to date.

5 hours ago, MonsieurVélo said:

After your tip I logged myself out. After that I saw all available lab caches (just as in the second screenshot). But as soon as I logged back into my account, I only saw one cache. But now my profile picture is up to date.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you have completed or started all of the ones that are not showing. But you say that's not the case. I can't think of any other reason! Clearly something weird is going on. When you logged back in are you refreshing the page? Telling it to search the area again after you zoom out?

I think a refresh is a really good idea in this case.

Edited by Max and 99
13 hours ago, MonsieurVélo said:

In the app, tap on Profile down the bottom then go into your settings. If the Hide completed slider is on, try setting it to off.

image.png.18a5d57c26b43ad3c88da7d40ebf3117.png

In theory it's only supposed to hide those ALs you've completed, but there have been recent reports of it hiding uncompleted ones as well, although not to the extent you're seeing.

41 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

In theory it's only supposed to hide those ALs you've completed, but there have been recent reports of it hiding uncompleted ones as well, although not to the extent you're seeing.

Agreed. This is what I had in mind when I made the post. Fortunately, I have not seen that behavior on my AL app.

1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

In the app, tap on Profile down the bottom then go into your settings. If the Hide completed slider is on, try setting it to off.

image.png.18a5d57c26b43ad3c88da7d40ebf3117.png

When I tried my AL App for the first time, it was set to use the metric system although the switch wasn’t set to that.  I had to first turn it to “Use metric system”, then turn it off, to set it to miles.  Maybe this issue is a similar situation.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:49 AM, MonsieurVélo said:

I can't turn it back on,

@MonsieurVélo this is still unexpected behavior. I'm curious if you or others are continuing to experience this. Can you please confirm that the behavior below is what you are experiencing? Thanks!

• In Profile > Settings > you tap the 'Hide completed' slider to set it to OFF (grey, not orange slider bar)
  • On the Explore map you now see ALL Adventures, whether you have completed them or not (expected)
  • You go back to Profile > Settings > try to tap the 'Hide completed' slider back ON, but the slider does not move and the bar remains grey? (not expected)

5 hours ago, ktaylor211 said:
  • In Profile > Settings > you tap the 'Hide completed' slider to set it to OFF (grey, not orange slider bar)
    • Yes
  • On the Explore map you now see ALL Adventures, whether you have completed them or not (expected)
    • Yes
  • You go back to Profile > Settings > try to tap the 'Hide completed' slider back ON, but the slider does not move and the bar remains grey? (not expected)
    • No, I can move the slider. But after I turned it back ON, I don't see all caches.

• Helpful 1
5 hours ago, ktaylor211 said:

@MonsieurVélo this is still unexpected behavior. I'm curious if you or others are continuing to experience this. Can you please confirm that the behavior below is what you are experiencing? Thanks!

I followed these steps and the app is working as expected for me. 

• Helpful 1