How do I download caches to my phone to go geocaching in area with no phone service?

Aloha Moma

How do I download caches to my phone to go geocaching in area with no phone service?

i have been geocaching for years, but on an Android. Now I’m on an iPhone and this app is different than what I’m used to.

i can’t find any method to download on my phone, within the geocaching app.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:42 PM, Aloha Moma said:

i have been geocaching for years, but on an Android.

How did you accomplish this with your iPhone?

I am a premium member so some of this may not work for you as a basic member.  What I do if I am going caching in a questionalble service area is to create a pocket query of the area.  I then download the PQ file and put it on my Garmin ETrex as a back up.  When I pull up lists on my Android phone, the PQ is listed there, and I click the three dots on the right hand side to download for offline use.  I do this while I have cell service - then when I am out of cell range, the GPS onthe phone takes over and I can go find the caches that are on the list.

• Surprised 1