Stockton & Modesto California Geocaching...Part 2

Ron Streeter

Ha ha ha Mr. Streeter!

I think I have a way to find it though...but I won't reveal my tactics until it proves successful. I would hate to have it rubbed in my face that I was wrong or something!!!!!!!!

We are planning on getting up early tomorrow and spending the day caching. I still want to hit the American River Parkway, but I guess we shall have to wait and see what the weather does.

Anyone else heading out tomorrow (Friday)??

Jaimee (whose tagline will soon be "Death to the Dragonfly"!!!)

Ok LO....

As I mentioned the other day when we were caching, when I placed this I could hardly find it myself 10 minutes later !

No clue was provided at the time and the reason for that was I didn't take the time to really look at good "sightlines" for features that one might be able to line up with...there really aren't that many as the cache is in a wide-open area. Objects at a great distance wouldn't give much help IMO and the angles at which they can be viewed would get in the way as well.

Just be patient on this one and you might find it, or wait until I can go in there and see if I can figure out a way to provide a clue.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

So I head off to Sacratomato thinking I could get a good 10 cache day today. Little did I know that those llama caches would be so easy. Man Jeff needs to get together with Jeff and they'd have the perfect cache.

Here's the 15/16 cache clincher.

Run Llama Run was recently replaced with a new cache becaue the old one was supposedly missing, well it's not.

Mary found the old cache, not nowing it had been replaced. And then while logging the find my daughter found the NEW cache. I don't see how the old one was missed, it was right out in the open, someone must have returned it. Well, we found 2 caches, signed 2 log books so I counted it as 2 finds. Two easy finds but two finds. I told the cache owner to delete on of my find logs if he didn't agree so I'll find out what RENT thinks.

Ron...

So you're up for meeting at Squirrel Stash in the moring? I can be there any time pick a time. 9am, 10 am, 11 am.. that's find. I need 2 or 3 more caches to hit 100 so tomorrow is as good as anytime.

Well discuss the gathering stuff when I see you. Anyone else want to come?

george

Okay..Ron's name has been changed to Slick Willie. I decided to back off the ol' guy a bit..was feeling kinda bad for rubbing it in about finding a cache before him (make it 2 now that I found Ripon cache). So, I go and look at the Dragonfly page, and I see that the cache now has a special difficulty rating just for MOI!!! And to think I felt bad icon_mad.gif I wish people would quit posting that they find that dang thing...just makes me feel dumber and dumber!!

On to my next subjects now. Congrats on all the finds George. We have been wanting to do those caches for some time now..maybe tomorrow will be the day. What time are you guys meeting up in Stockton? Maybe we could stop by there on our way to Sacto if that is what we decide on. Oh..one more thing George. You took a picture of your WHAT at the Tuolumne Big Tree cache????

Lastly, the poison oak issue at the LaGrange cache. I was there Monday..haven't broke out yet and neither has my friend. Pat went back up with me that evening and didn't think it was poison oak. A possible way to earn a few bucks here...who can identify poison oak without any tiny doubt in their mind??? I want someone who can say "Yes, Jaimee, that is 100%, without a doubt.." either poison oak or not. I have looked at way too many different pictures now to be able to tell whether or not it is the real thing up there or not. So, here's the deal. If someone is willing to travel to LaGrange with me (or meet me there if I scare you) and give me proof positive that this is/is not poison oak, I will pay you $20. Yes, you heard right. I MUST know whether or not this is p.oak!!! If it is, I really think it is a rather lame spot to place a cache. If what I am thinking is poison oak actually is poison oak, there is no way to get to the cache without touching the crud.

Whew..that was a lot of typing there. Good thing I'm fast!

Email me if you are interested in my offer. I can go up there pretty much anytime.

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Okay..Ron's name has been changed to Slick Willie. I decided to back off the ol' guy a bit..was feeling kinda bad for rubbing it in about finding a cache before him (make it 2 now that I found Ripon cache). So, I go and look at the Dragonfly page, and I see that the cache now has a special difficulty rating just for MOI!!! And to think I felt bad icon_mad.gif I wish people would quit posting that they find that dang thing...just makes me feel dumber and dumber!!

On to my next subjects now. Congrats on all the finds George. We have been wanting to do those caches for some time now..maybe tomorrow will be the day. What time are you guys meeting up in Stockton? Maybe we could stop by there on our way to Sacto if that is what we decide on. Oh..one more thing George. You took a picture of your WHAT at the Tuolumne Big Tree cache????

Lastly, the poison oak issue at the LaGrange cache. I was there Monday..haven't broke out yet and neither has my friend. Pat went back up with me that evening and didn't think it was poison oak. A possible way to earn a few bucks here...who can identify poison oak without any tiny doubt in their mind??? I want someone who can say "Yes, Jaimee, that is 100%, without a doubt.." either poison oak or not. I have looked at way too many different pictures now to be able to tell whether or not it is the real thing up there or not. So, here's the deal. If someone is willing to travel to LaGrange with me (or meet me there if I scare you) and give me proof positive that this is/is not poison oak, I will pay you $20. Yes, you heard right. I MUST know whether or not this is p.oak!!! If it is, I really think it is a rather lame spot to place a cache. If what I am thinking is poison oak actually is poison oak, there is no way to get to the cache without touching the crud.

Whew..that was a lot of typing there. Good thing I'm fast!

Email me if you are interested in my offer. I can go up there pretty much anytime.

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

I forgot two things, one that other people read the logs, that was note for Kevin, and two, what I took a picture of. Kevin is going to have to wait for the film to be developed. All I remember is that it was raining so what ever I took a picture of it was wet.

As for Stockton, I'm planning on being there at 10 if I don't here from Ron otherwise. I CANNOT find that cache. Please help me people. I come on bended knee. I really don't have much fun with Mike and Connie caches but I real want this one.

Hey ron, my cell phone number is (209) 648-4983. I'll have my phone on me tomorrow. I need to find at least 3 caches tomorrow to catch Kevin in the rankings.

george

quote:

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

I forgot two things, one that other people read the logs, that was note for Kevin, and two, what I took a picture of. Kevin is going to have to wait for the film to be developed. All I remember is that it was raining so what ever I took a picture of it was wet.

As for Stockton, I'm planning on being there at 10 if I don't here from Ron otherwise. I CANNOT find that cache. Please help me people. I come on bended knee. I really don't have much fun with Mike and Connie caches but I real want this one.

Hey ron, my cell phone number is (209) 648-4983. I'll have my phone on me tomorrow. I need to find at least 3 caches tomorrow to catch Kevin in the rankings.

george

....are dead meat with George, LO, Pat and Ron on the case !

And now some special notes for the Oz fan.....

Well, looks like Mike Morris knows how to look for a dragonfly ! Thanks Mike for saving me the trip out there .....

Ron

....you'd better roll those eyeballs !

Horsefly indeed....fess up girl....you couldn't find it ! And what's this "...lighten up on the old guy !" Hey, I resemble that remark !

Did I mention that there is poison oak around the Dragonfly.

Ron

icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_razz.gif

....you'd better roll those eyeballs !

Horsefly indeed....fess up girl....you couldn't find it ! And what's this "...lighten up on the old guy !" Hey, I resemble that remark !

Did I mention that there is poison oak around the Dragonfly.

Ron

icon_smile.gificon_cool.gificon_razz.gif

Okay..I have it figured out now!!!! There are a couple cachers in this area who have figured out how great I am at this sport/hobby. They were sitting around mulling over possible ideas of how they could possibly slow me down so I don't make them look bad. One decided it would be very ingenious to plant the caches in areas laden with poison oak, and that is what they went with. Nice planning!!!! icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

Okay..I have it figured out now!!!! There are a couple cachers in this area who have figured out how great I am at this sport/hobby. They were sitting around mulling over possible ideas of how they could possibly slow me down so I don't make them look bad. One decided it would be very ingenious to plant the caches in areas laden with poison oak, and that is what they went with. Nice planning!!!! icon_razz.gif

Jaimee

quote:

Jaimee

I'm trying to breed a strain of poison oak that also has thorns and prefers to live in really rocky areas. For no particualar reason though.

george

quote:

Jaimee

I'm trying to breed a strain of poison oak that also has thorns and prefers to live in really rocky areas. For no particualar reason though.

george

Maybe you could find a way to just mutate the heck out of the plant...make it so it actually grabs you as you walk by!!

That is pretty much what those stupid berry bushes at Ripon cache did to me the other day. I swear they had little eyes just waiting for me to walk by so they could nab me.

Oh..George...I was thinking of something here. If one of us (you, me or Pat) were to find Squirrel Stash before someone else (RON), maybe we should pretent like we don't find it until after he does. I think that if I find another one before him, it just might do him in.

jaimee icon_smile.gif

Maybe you could find a way to just mutate the heck out of the plant...make it so it actually grabs you as you walk by!!

That is pretty much what those stupid berry bushes at Ripon cache did to me the other day. I swear they had little eyes just waiting for me to walk by so they could nab me.

Oh..George...I was thinking of something here. If one of us (you, me or Pat) were to find Squirrel Stash before someone else (RON), maybe we should pretent like we don't find it until after he does. I think that if I find another one before him, it just might do him in.

jaimee icon_smile.gif

....the comedian school here in Stockton is having a special for comedically impaired cache hunters who have a fear of all three-leafed plants sprouting from rocky places!

This special program teaches this kind of individual how to "laugh at your own limitations" and has a special section available at no extra cost on how to survive when....."Ron has the last laugh."

Looking forward to seeing all the southern cachers stumble around the campus here in Stockton....your fate is only two hours away !

All in fun.....Ron

quote:

jaimee icon_smile.gif

I don't think I have to say much about this. I'm sure someone else deserves to tell the story better than I do. Would you like to tell it LO?

george

Thanks for the Alien glass, Kelley pretty much has been using it non stop since.

george

quote:

jaimee icon_smile.gif

I don't think I have to say much about this. I'm sure someone else deserves to tell the story better than I do. Would you like to tell it LO?

george

Thanks for the Alien glass, Kelley pretty much has been using it non stop since.

george

....On Friday, April 5.

What a day...after meeting with George and his daughter and LuvOzzy and Pat at the site of Squirrels Stash in Stockton we all had a real good time ! Well, I did anyway as I watched them look for the cache in all the wrong places.

I told LO and Pat (before George got there) that I wasn't going to look for the cache because I had found it in its original place some time ago.

They bought it !

After LO and Pat had looked for it for 30 minutes, George arrived and another 30 minute search ensued. George it seems had been here a few times before so he had a special interest in getting this thing found.

When they all gave up (and I had taken many pics of them searching near and far) I pulled envelopes from my pocket...contents: my post of 9:15 this morning showing I had found it the Midnight before !

Sorry guys...I hope no one was offended by my practical joke. Everyone seemed to be smiling, so I think it was OK, and I narrowed the search down twice for them before Pat found it, then George.

After some commisserating about how difficult the cache was, George and daughter went on to Lodi and LO and Pat and I went to Sacto where they found 5 caches with me in tow. I had been to four of the 5, so AGAIN I got to watch them stumble around. We all found the 5th one at the same time as it was pretty well evident.

A fun day...again, all in fun and if I hurt anyone's feelings I sincerely apologize...please guys don't pay me back with some microcache hidden in a clamshell at the bottom of a river !

Ron

Now LO it's your turn ! (If you dare after your now embarassingly obvious faux paus regarding MY finding abilities compared to yours !)

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on April 05, 2002 at 07:54 PM.]

Okay....I know everyone has been anxiously awaiting the truth to what happened today, so I shall tell it!

We met Ron at Squirrel's Stash at about 9:30 this morning. We hunted..hunted..hunted. I found it within 5 minutes, but I decided to not tell anyone and let them feel great when they found it. Oh..wait..that isn't exactly true..but it sounded good, right??

Ron stood back and watched while Pat and I continued hunting. Ron said he had found the cache when it was in the previous location, thus his reason for not searching with us. Yes, I bought it (call me "SUCKER").

George and Kelly arrived, and off we went again. Now, I figured with this many of us on the job, we were sure to find this dang thing...NOPE!!!! Ron kept asking things like "How long do you spend before you give up??" and other questions along those lines. We finally all cried "Uncle"...and then the fun began. Ron had something for each of us. As soon as I saw him pull out some envelopes, I knew something was up. Sure enough...the poop had been there at midnight last night and found it!!! We had all been had. This was pretty sad...there were 3 (4 including the kiddo) intelligent people there..and we were SO HAD! One more thing to say on this subject...Paybacks are a you-know-what Slick Willie! icon_wink.gif

Oh..one more thing. If you ever get busted while caching (like by campus security),just hope you have Ron along to bail you out. I believe the story was that we were hunting the rare yellow banana slug as a nature project. Nice one Ron!!!

We even had gifts for both Ron and George, little mementos from caches they had previously placed.

On to Sacto we went. We walked a LONG way and found some pretty easy caches. I felt kinda bad because Ron got the short end of the stick since he had already found most of these up in that area. But hey..after what he did earlier, I didn't feel bad for very long. icon_biggrin.gif

Ron showed me some poison oak...now I am an educated fool when it comes to that stuff.

On the way home, I found we had gained a traveler. After dropping Ron back off in Stockton, I discovered a tick on my belly. YUCK!!!! I didn't freak out though. We stopped at a friend's home in Salida, and Pat borrowed a cigarette to make the lil' sucker back out. It only took about 90 seconds..but it was gross. I could feel it wiggling around and didn't like that at all. I now have learned that you aren't supposed to burn them out..oh well..too late now!

Well, I guess that is my story of the day. Another fun day with Ron...and I can't wait to give him the appropriate payback!!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

Okay....I know everyone has been anxiously awaiting the truth to what happened today, so I shall tell it!

We met Ron at Squirrel's Stash at about 9:30 this morning. We hunted..hunted..hunted. I found it within 5 minutes, but I decided to not tell anyone and let them feel great when they found it. Oh..wait..that isn't exactly true..but it sounded good, right??

Ron stood back and watched while Pat and I continued hunting. Ron said he had found the cache when it was in the previous location, thus his reason for not searching with us. Yes, I bought it (call me "SUCKER").

George and Kelly arrived, and off we went again. Now, I figured with this many of us on the job, we were sure to find this dang thing...NOPE!!!! Ron kept asking things like "How long do you spend before you give up??" and other questions along those lines. We finally all cried "Uncle"...and then the fun began. Ron had something for each of us. As soon as I saw him pull out some envelopes, I knew something was up. Sure enough...the poop had been there at midnight last night and found it!!! We had all been had. This was pretty sad...there were 3 (4 including the kiddo) intelligent people there..and we were SO HAD! One more thing to say on this subject...Paybacks are a you-know-what Slick Willie! icon_wink.gif

Oh..one more thing. If you ever get busted while caching (like by campus security),just hope you have Ron along to bail you out. I believe the story was that we were hunting the rare yellow banana slug as a nature project. Nice one Ron!!!

We even had gifts for both Ron and George, little mementos from caches they had previously placed.

On to Sacto we went. We walked a LONG way and found some pretty easy caches. I felt kinda bad because Ron got the short end of the stick since he had already found most of these up in that area. But hey..after what he did earlier, I didn't feel bad for very long. icon_biggrin.gif

Ron showed me some poison oak...now I am an educated fool when it comes to that stuff.

On the way home, I found we had gained a traveler. After dropping Ron back off in Stockton, I discovered a tick on my belly. YUCK!!!! I didn't freak out though. We stopped at a friend's home in Salida, and Pat borrowed a cigarette to make the lil' sucker back out. It only took about 90 seconds..but it was gross. I could feel it wiggling around and didn't like that at all. I now have learned that you aren't supposed to burn them out..oh well..too late now!

Well, I guess that is my story of the day. Another fun day with Ron...and I can't wait to give him the appropriate payback!!

Jaimee icon_biggrin.gif

....what goes around, comes around. Well, I guess I will just have to suffer the slings and arrows that will be coming my way someday....on the other hand, I have to tell you that YES, I am a great actor ! I maintained the "charade" for an HOUR while you folks seriously looked for this cache, and now I am comfortably at home and ROTFLMAO !

Ron

.....those cute little critters that hide things in the forest and then go back later to collect them !

Actually, when I said "squirrels? I got 'em" I was referring to the squirrels stash that I got, not the fellow cachers I fooled...but that works too !

Ron

Hey George...

I've just checked my 500 feet of climbing rope, 75 pitons, rock pick, canoe, parafoil, hang-glider, Hummvee, scuba gear, dirtbike, hotair balloon, highwire balance pole and lion-taming chair, so I THINK I'm ready for any challenge you might present, but I'm open to investing in a minature sub too if necessary.

Re, scarcity of caches in your area...well, there's always southern California !

Ron (the squirrelmeister)

Hey all

Pat hit the big 5-0 yesterday, with regards to caches found! I am at 48 and hope to pass 50 this weekend. We technically each have one more find (he has 51, I have 49), but one of our logged finds has been deleted.

Man, I guess we better plan on taking a few weeks off work and devoting the time only to caching if we want to even get near Mr. Squirrel and George!

Who's heading out today?

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hey all

Pat hit the big 5-0 yesterday, with regards to caches found! I am at 48 and hope to pass 50 this weekend. We technically each have one more find (he has 51, I have 49), but one of our logged finds has been deleted.

Man, I guess we better plan on taking a few weeks off work and devoting the time only to caching if we want to even get near Mr. Squirrel and George!

Who's heading out today?

Jaimee icon_smile.gif

Hey Pat...congrats on the 50th ! (and George too on his RECENT #100 !).

Those are certainly events worth noting and I'm starting to plan my next 11 cache hunts so I find a good one for my #200. Chuguy in the Danville area has some great, challenging and well-crafted cache hunts. I think I've recommended his Stumped and Stumped Again to you guys. Once you see these, you will think Tupperware is like a plastic easter egg !

Of course if the junior squirrel-hunters were to come up with something that was REALLY challenging for my #200 it would be hard to resist.

Going out today LO? Man, I'm still recovering from that 5 mile walk to 3 easy llamas. Haven't decided what to do yet. The lawn need mowing...yeah that's what I'll do.

Ron

P.S. LO, what finds were deleted?

We are tossing around the idea of caching today. I am trying to get my daughter to give me some input as to what she would like to do today, but I keep getting the standard 14-year-old girl reply.."I don't know."

We want to do those Lodi area caches, and I also want to place these 2 we have ready. I have been wanting to do a virtual out in the foothills also.

Who knows what we will do...I also want to go see that movie, but Caitlin doesn't! I am suprised that my body doesn't hurt from all we did yesterday! My legs are a bit sore in spots but not too bad. I have recovered from the trauma of the tick bite and ready to face the wild and its challenges once again! icon_eek.gif

Give us a call if you decide you are gonna be out and about and need any help finding caches! You could come to Ceres and find Obezag and then we could have lunch/dinner or something.

Jaimee icon_smile.gif